You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 13/7/2013:
    i was gonna drop you a line funnily about hillstar's chance against the hotpot favourite today and lo and behold as I've come on to do so you've already answered it in your summary!!! so that'll do me, great minds and all that cough cough. my knowledge is rusty enough on the flat but i know Sir Michael Stoute knows the time of day in these big races and im a glutton for backing something when theyve been supplemented at 75k !!!! 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Lets hope so Bell
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Another bad week now down to £19 up.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 6/7/2013:
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 6/7/2013 : just watched race and suggest you watch it again as well. I have put both Waking Warrior and Indian Trail on tracker. If anything Indian Trail had a worse position and run.
    Posted by vaigret

Well at least Indian Trail giving me some place money back LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    iii - Broughton 5-15 Haydock - 11-10 -OK a very skinny price but won impressively last time. Oh well the outsider of 3 who had never gone the distance won easily and it would have been a nice treble with my other two winners. Damn.

Hope you had him this time Neil,
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    iii - Broughton 5-15 Haydock - 11-10 -OK a very skinny price but won impressively last time. Oh well the outsider of 3 who had never gone the distance won easily and it would have been a nice treble with my other two winners. Damn. Hope you had him this time Neil,
    Posted by vaigret
    I'm shaking my head as I type this!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    unlucky mate and shows us how unlucky he was against Red Avenger last time. This time he didnt have to make all and got him easily.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ach for gods sakes im only catching on to that horse he went off at odds on and turned over in 3 horse race by outsider red avenger about a month ago!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr on that saturday i was waiting on him for about 200 quid in a 4 timer 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ach for gods sakes im only catching on to that horse he went off at odds on and turned over in 3 horse race by outsider red avenger about a month ago!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr on that saturday i was waiting on him for about 200 quid in a 4 timer 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Yes as I said earlier I missed out on a big treble that day as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 13/7/2013 : Yes as I said earlier I missed out on a big treble that day as well.
    Posted by vaigret
    Todays result makes a mockery of that 3 horse race. 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Here we go to try and stop the slide.

iiii - Sky Lantern 3.15 Goodwood - 2-1- another bet of the year , very very unlucky second to Elusive Kate last time who has franked the form superbly in France. Add to this Hannon and Hughes record at this track and looks like tthe bookies are giving money away. Just realised why the price is so good over 1m 2f not a mile. What is it with Hughes, everytime I back him he rides a terrible race as with Stirring Ballad et al, against him as with Salutation and plenty of others he rides the horse like a genius.

iii - Heavens Guest 3.50 Goodwood - 12-1 looks a good price for this horse given it beat Moviesta last time out who franked the form today. Not good enough

ii- Silvery Moon 4.10 doncaster - 10-1 won this race last year under 2lb lower and won last time out so in good form. Hopeful for about a mile and then dropped to back LOL

i- Salutation - 2.40 Goodwood - 11-1 Couldn't leave a Mark Johnston horse out of it and hopeful this the one to be on in this race. Out to 16-1 and Couldnt have asked for more and hoped he would hang on but Hughesie got him.

Also fancy 
    2.05 Goodwood Links Drive Lady 14-1 very very tendily handled after missing the kick slightly and a little saver on Goldream 20-1, Brilliant run after a long absence by Take cover, one to follow

Also Jive 33-1 in the 2.55 Newmarket was one of my horses to follow from earlier in Season and wonder if last couple of runs have been to help its handicap rating . OK third choice of the Hannon horses in this race but I just have a feeling it might make me dance.It didnt and wasnt J Wonder very impressive another to follow especially if stepped up in class.

Good luck all , I definitely need it !!!!!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    advice needed please - ive picked 5 horses today, 2 in the stewards cup then 3 other races. 

ive done 7 £1 e/w trebles and 2 x £1 e/w accums  HOWEVER  ive just realised on docket ive only staked 16 quid, ive clearly looked down at the accum part and just staked 2 quid when i should have staked 4. how will the land lie with this bet? 
  • Options
    edited August 2013

They should pro rata it so ie you are on 2 x 50p accumalators. I think 

• Options
    edited August 2013
    i hope thats right considering my first selection chinned outta sight!!!  ; ) 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    i hope thats right considering my first selection chinned outta sight!!!  ; ) 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Sorry I have just realised they were all on one slip and paid in total . They will pro rata all bets.

"If any bet is understaked it will be settled in proportion to the stakes paid." -Sky Bet  
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    lol cheers, chinned anyways  bluh bluh bluh  ; ( 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Down to £15 up.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    My poor run goes on and on and I am worried that this has made me too conservative with my horses tomorrow. Also it appears I fancy too many of Mark Johnston's horses. Not only is it diffficult to pick which of the many horses he has in each race are going to win it doesnt seem possible he will have the 4 that I have chosen over all my selections.

Anyway here goes

iiii - Ascription 11-4 1.45 Haydock -Smashed a field of 17 runners last time and Ryan Moore booked, lets hope he is the horse I think it is. If Jacks Revenge wins the 12.55 at Ascot back him as he beat Jack's by 4 and half lengths. Hopeful but only 2nd.

iii- Broxbourne 4-1 1.30 Ascot -Beat good yardstick in Leiutenant Miller last time and it appears easy for the filly at the moment. Hopefully the filly on board can ride her calmly to a treble. Should of known , last year I said Johnston must have been pulling hair out of a lady rider gave Galician a bad ride. This was even worse, has that jockey ever ridden a horse before, she left it last then drove it into the rails before the poor horse took over and ran very bravely to get close. Got a chance next time with a proper jockey .

ii- Racy -100-30 -2.05 Ascot - Been running well without putting its head in front recently and hoping Andreas Starke can finally get the horse the win it deserves. Not good enough

i - Senockian Star - 6-1 -2.20 Haydock Another Johnston horse that has been ulra consistent and hopeful he can get another win. Thought he was going to win but mugged by a very good run by a 25-1 shot.

Other horses

Afformentioned Jacks Revenge 12.55 Ascot 3rd looked like winner at 1f
    Broughton 2.40 Ascot 4th best of the johnston horses in this race
    Star Lahib 3.15 Ascot At last a winner and lovely price
    Shahdoroba 3.50 Ascot
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Down to £11 up on these.

Gonna have to get tips from the master wynne to pull myself back.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just passed the year anniversary of this thread and although lucks been out recently at least I have a profit over the year so not all bad.

Here are tomorrrows.

iiii - Baccarat 3.30 Ripon 9-2 - Did this horse a couple of weeks ago and had a terrible break, terrible run and then had to jump a fallen jockey and still finished a close 6th. Hoping it gets some luck today. Won well , am I on my way back.

iii - Sylvia Pankhurst 3.45 Chester 15-2 - Hope she doesn't get knocked over on the bend. Has course and distance form and excuses the last twice. Hoping only 2lb higher means she can go in again.  Just couldnt get in from outside and the one inside her forced her wider. Still not going to win.

ii - Glen Moss 3.50 Newbury -5-1 - Jumping on the Johhny Murtagh bandwagon with this one and hopes he gives another master class from the saddle. Only 3lb higher than good Doncaster win and did well to finish 4th on wrong side at Ascot. Another winner and a lovely early price as he backed down and Murtagh class. And had it in a double with Baccarat. Life is better.

i- Baby Strange 2.20 Newmarket 5-1 - The Grey cavalry charge and this one of the best little grey horses around at this level which is why she has top weight. Another who won two races ago and then ran well in big field next time. Hoping she can deal with these. 3rd-Had a troubled run but looked like his young jockey was going to win it on the line but mugged by winner and just didnt catch second.

Other fancies

Dancing Maite 1.55 Don 4-1 Last terrible run
    Lost in Moment  2.40 Newb -11-2 Had troubled passage and finished well for 3rd
    Autumn Lily 1.50 Newm 3-1 not good enough
    CanyouConga 2.55 Newm 6-1 -winner and what a price 12-1 a big bonus.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Back to £18.50 up
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 17/8/2013:
    Just passed the year anniversary of this thread and although lucks been out recently at least I have a profit over the year so not all bad. Here are tomorrrows. iiii - Baccarat 3.30 Ripon 9-2 - Did this horse a couple of weeks ago and had a terrible break, terrible run and then had to jump a fallen jockey and still finished a close 6th. Hoping it gets some luck today. Won well , am I on my way back. iii - Sylvia Pankhurst 3.45 Chester 15-2 - Hope she doesn't get knocked over on the bend. Has course and distance form and excuses the last twice. Hoping only 2lb higher means she can go in again.  Just couldnt get in from outside and the one inside her forced her wider. Still not going to win. ii - Glen Moss 3.50 Newbury -5-1 - Jumping on the Johhny Murtagh bandwagon with this one and hopes he gives another master class from the saddle. Only 3lb higher than good Doncaster win and did well to finish 4th on wrong side at Ascot. Another winner and a lovely early price as he backed down and Murtagh class. And had it in a double with Baccarat. Life is better. i- Baby Strange 2.20 Newmarket 5-1 - The Grey cavalry charge and this one of the best little grey horses around at this level which is why she has top weight. Another who won two races ago and then ran well in big field next time. Hoping she can deal with these. 3rd - Had a troubled run but looked like his young jockey was going to win it on the line but mugged by winner and just didnt catch second. Other fancies Dancing Maite 1.55 Don 4-1 Last terrible run Lost in Moment  2.40 Newb -11-2 Had troubled passage and finished well for 3rd Autumn Lily 1.50 Newm 3-1 not good enough CanyouConga 2.55 Newm 6-1 - winner and what a price 12-1 a big bonus.  
    Posted by vaigret
    Nice day for you!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks wynne needed it LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not been following the horses much recently.... But well done Terry
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not been following the horses much recently.... But well done Terry
    Posted by joesman1
    Thnx m8
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    iii- Broxbourne 4-1 1.30 Ascot -Beat good yardstick in Leiutenant Miller last time and it appears easy for the filly at the moment. Hopefully the filly on board can ride her calmly to a treble. Should of known , last year I said Johnston must have been pulling hair out of a lady rider gave Galician a bad ride. This was even worse, has that jockey ever ridden a horse before, she left it last then drove it into the rails before the poor horse took over and ran very bravely to get close. Got a chance next time with a proper jockey .

What did I tell you and what a proper jockey Fanning gave it a brilliant ride as looked dead and buried at 2f pole.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    iii- Broxbourne 4-1 1.30 Ascot -Beat good yardstick in Leiutenant Miller last time and it appears easy for the filly at the moment. Hopefully the filly on board can ride her calmly to a treble. Should of known , last year I said Johnston must have been pulling hair out of a lady rider gave Galician a bad ride. This was even worse, has that jockey ever ridden a horse before, she left it last then drove it into the rails before the poor horse took over and ran very bravely to get close. Got a chance next time with a proper jockey . What did I tell you and what a proper jockey Fanning gave it a brilliant ride as looked dead and buried at 2f pole.
    Posted by vaigret
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There is a lot of really hard races to work out this week with "failed" top class horses against some up ad coming handicappers. Failures include Shirrocco Star and Mince especially.

Here goes with the ratings but not overly confident.

iiii - 2.55 Goodwood Glen Moss 11-2 - Lets hope Frankie can give this easy winner from last week as good a ride as Mr Murtagh. Couldnt dominate and well beaten.

iii - 2.05 York - Cristoforo Columbo 2-1 - If this horse runs up to its reputation and 2000 guineas 5th this price should be brilliant. Worry he has been off course since that day. NR

ii- 3.55 Newmarket -Nocturn 14-1 - hope this one is the number 1 of the stable and returns to its pre Ascot form. Another second, ran well

i- 2.20 Goodwood - Qawaasem 11-4 -Hoping she will get back to winning ways . Ran well for 2nd but winner very very impressive. 

Also fancy

Educate 12-1 3.30 Goodwood got bad bump as looking to make move but not good enough in this company.Afsare looked class above./
    Santapadi 33-1 got a good run for the price and Tiger Cliff 13-2 in Ebor -Winner
    Dashing star 2.40 York Absolutely loved it and good second pity he was beaten by the Irish Raider. 
    Tahaamah 5.05 Newm
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 24/8/2013:
    There is a lot of really hard races to work out this week with "failed" top class horses against some up ad coming handicappers. Failures include Shirrocco Star and Mince especially.   Here goes with the ratings but not overly confident. iiii - 2.55 Goodwood Glen Moss 11-2 - Lets hope Frankie can give this easy winner from last week as good a ride as Mr Murtagh. iii - 2.05 York - Cristoforo Columbo 2-1 - If this horse runs up to its reputation and 2000 guineas 5th this price should be brilliant. Worry he has been off course since that day. ii- 3.55 Newmarket -Nocturn 14-1 - hope this one is the number 1 of the stable and returns to its pre Ascot form. i- 2.20 Goodwood - Qawaasem 11-4 -Hoping she will get back to winning ways Also fancy Educate 12-1 3.30 Goodwood Santapadi 33-1 and Tiger Cliff 13-2 in Ebor
    Posted by vaigret
    Wish you the best of luck,it has been a dreadful week!
    Lets hope things change tomorrow, somehow, when there is a change in the going,it seems to affect the results.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 24/8/2013 : Wish you the best of luck,it has been a dreadful week! Lets hope things change tomorrow, somehow, when there is a change in the going,it seems to affect the results.
    Posted by wynne1938
    Hi wynne, youll come thorugh it like I have although I hope you are not on the cold list as long as I was. Still not certain I am totally over my bad run either. LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 24/8/2013 : Hi wynne, youll come thorugh it like I have although I hope you are not on the cold list as long as I was. Still not certain I am totally over my bad run either. LOL
    Posted by vaigret
    I have gone through my thought process with a fine tooth comb,and been ruthless in my selections for tomorrow,head rules rather than heart!