You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• edited March 2014
    My ratings for tomorrow

iiii - Monbeg Dude - 3.30 Doncaster - 6-1 - Won Welsh National last year and has run well this year and won well last time out. Terrible mistake early and never in it, not bad National trial although needs to jump better

iii- Carruthers - 2.40 Newbury -9/4 - When this horse is on for a race it usually wins, ran well behind Shtgun Paddy last time and should win today. Couldn't dominate and finished last .Shock

ii -Jumps Road - 3.15 Newbury 9-2  - Been on this horse ever since it ran two brilliant races above its class. Tried in high class handicap last time and was coming well but when it had no chance not given a hard ride. Dropped in class and hopefully can get some success at last for running well before. 1st at 13-2 , what a price!!!although pile up second from last. Might have won anyway because subsequent second was running all over them and Jumps Road still beat that despite trying to pull himself up late on..

i - Doeslessthanme 2.55 Doncaster 8-1 - Ran well behind No Planning last time who has franked the form with good run last week in higher company. looks value. 1st Battled really well and beat Turn over sivola. Worried re that which is reason I didn't do it as my NAP. Missed forecast. Nice Winner though.

Also fancy

Lingfield 4.00 Taajub 7-2

Newbury
    2.05 Who Owns Me 7-2 unlucky that he had nothing to race against over far side 2nd
    3.50 Dashing George 13-2

Doncaster
    1.45 My Dad's Horse SP Outclassed
    2.20 Toubeera 5-2 penalty and good ground against him. Mayfair Music looked good though
  • edited March 2014
    Had alittle each way tickle Kings Bayonet 1.30 at 16-1.

Get on it next time out. 646 days off running all over them with one to jump, blew up on ground he wouldn't like that much.

will come on no end for that.
  • edited March 2014
    Gone to £50.50 up to £1 stake
  • edited March 2014
    At Kuda Huraa to Kings Bayonet as horses to do next time out 
  • edited March 2014
    Well the Saturday before Cheltenham was always going to be poor but well tomoz is not good at all, struggle to find fourm horses for these ratings.

iiii - SOLL - 2.40 Sandown -11/2 -Already backed in from 8-1 this horse won this race last year off 11st 10lbs, only carrying a pound more and running in better races. fifth behind Rigadin Du Beacherne last time. No reason why cant win it again.
    Over jumped too many fences and then couldn't dominate.

iii - LITTLE JON - 3.15 Sandown 22-1 - NTD has already won won big handicap with a novice and they like this horse. second to Calipto last time only beaten 5 lengths. Calipto favourite for Triumph. Have slight suspicion Fourth Estate will also run well at 14-1. This horse is going to be a chaser, ran well until two out when swallowed up, too high in handicap.

ii- BENDANT - 5.05 Chepstow 4-1 - Has form over trip and last run behind Restless Harry gives it a chance.Nothing of his calibre in this. Ran in snatches but never good enough

i- ICENEASY -5.00 Sandown 5-1 - Form of No Planning's win at Wetherby working out well, ok this horse beaten a long way back in 4th but hopeful. Never turned up  

also fancy 

Chookie Royale 2.20 Wolves 11-2 EASY PEASY winner
    Global Village 11-1 Wolves 2.55 they didn't want this to win today

good luck all you will need it 
  • edited March 2014
    Forgot to put in Boondooma 2.05 in the above.

Ok faded badly after running all over them with two to go BACK when he runs over 2m -2m 2f
  • edited March 2014
    Back to £46.50 up
  • edited March 2014
    Not so confident after good Cheltenham and rushing off on hols but here goes

iiii- Uttoxeter 3.50 -Fill The Power 9-1

iii- Toby Lerone 2.40 Uttoxeter 8-1

ii- 3.15 Uttoxeter - Aubusson 8-1

I - 2.55 Kempton -Seventh Sign 14-1
  • edited March 2014
    Good luck and have a nice holiday!
  • edited March 2014
    back to £43.50
  • edited March 2014
    Difficult week this week with return of proper flat and in between cheltenham and Aintree.

Hard to know how fit these horses are

iiii - 2.05 Doncaster - 5/2 Graphic - William Haggas like having winners in Yorkshire and this horse won some good races well last year. Lets hope he retains ability. Started off with nice winner at 7-2, nice price as well

iii- 3.50 Doncaster - 15-2 Off Art -Tim easterbys horse been in good form recently and this horse might be better than a handicapper. Off lovely low weight.

ii- 2.40 Doncaster -12-1 Mass Rally - Old favourite and hope he is fit. Got bumped and hated it and never given a race after. Save for another day

i - 3.15 Doncaster- Global village 10-1 - Had a non trying pipe opener at Wolverhampton and then just missed cut for Lincoln where he came second last year. connections will be hoping to take this off top weight Went for the wrong one with Lincoln form should of went with Brea Hill who won easily

also fancy

Dashing George 4.15 Stratford

Energia Davos 2.20 Kempton hasn't come good in this country or Dubai
    Rebellious Guest 2.55 Kempton 3rd
    Absolutely so 3.30 Kempton 2ND

also saver Dance and Dance 3.15 Donnie wall of horses most of the way
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 29/3/2014:
    Difficult week this week with return of proper flat and in between cheltenham and Aintree. Hard to know how fit these horses are iiii - 2.05 Doncaster - 5/2 Graphic - William Haggas like having winners in Yorkshire and this horse won some good races well last year. Lets hope he retains ability. iii- 3.50 Doncaster - 15-2 Off Art -Tim easterbys horse been in good form recently and this horse might be better than a handicapper. Off lovely low weight. ii- 2.40 Doncaster -12-1 Mass Rally - Old favourite and hope he is fit. i - 3.15 Doncaster- Global village 10-1 - Had a non trying pipe opener at Wolverhampton and then just missed cut for Lincoln where he came second last year. connections will be hoping to take this off top weight
    Posted by vaigret
    Good luck,as you say start of the flat(unknown territory) and jumps(middle of the road racing now ,until Aintree next week)
  • edited March 2014
    Difficult week this week with return of proper flat and in between cheltenham and Aintree. Hard to know how fit these horses are iiii - 2.05 Doncaster - 5/2 Graphic - William Haggas like having winners in Yorkshire and this horse won some good races well last year. Lets hope he retains ability. iii- 3.50 Doncaster - 15-2 Off Art -Tim easterbys horse been in good form recently and this horse might be better than a handicapper. Off lovely low weight. ii- 2.40 Doncaster -12-1 Mass Rally - Old favourite and hope he is fit. i - 3.15 Doncaster- Global village 10-1 - Had a non trying pipe opener at Wolverhampton and then just missed cut for Lincoln where he came second last year. connections will be hoping to take this off top weight
    Posted by vaigret
    Terry ,I have just finished sorting my horses for tomorrow and I see you have the Lincoln Winner.
    It is a steal. Off Art for the winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 29/3/2014 : Terry ,I have just finished sorting my horses for tomorrow and I see you have the Lincoln Winner. It is a steal. Off Art for the winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
    Posted by wynne1938

Lets hope so mate
  • edited April 2014
    Here goes

iiii - Balder Succes 3-1 -2.05 Aintree - King had a pretty good Aintree and he says this his best chance of winner. As he has had two already hope he is right for another. Also got Wayne Hutchinson on instead of Thornton. Winner Good Horse, lovely and fresh and that's how to ride, well done Wayne. 7-2 lovely price as well

iii- Victor Hewgo 7-2 - 3.25 Aintree - I have been waiting for this horse to run and hope Trainer has got right race. Wanted a bit more value but his form is rock solid. Won two races this year and only horses to beat him Holywell Cheltenham winner and now grade 1 winner and fancied for next years Gold Cup and Western Warhorse- Arkle winner. However beware of Saint Are , just missed GN run and very very well handicapped on past form. Don't know what was going on there. Victor Hewgo is not a hold up horse. Held up last, sulked and then terrible mistake. The Saint Are fell .

ii - Nesterenko 9-1 5.10 Aintree - Nicky Henderson had a good today today and this rider is good . Hopeful he can bring this home. Saver on Jumps Road at 33-1. Nesterenko 4th

I- Battle Group 50-1 - Grand National - If this mercurial character is right in the head again he has a terrific chance at the price. Three times a Liverpool winner including twice last year and also a spring horse.  Trainer used to work for Pipe's and I can see him beating their The Package into second . Didn't want to race.

good luck all
  • edited April 2014
    Now £44.50 up
  • edited April 2014
    Back to proper flat and a good jumps card at Ayr

iiii- 2.55 Newbury - Berkshire 7-1 - This has got to be my four star rating as I backed him for the Derby ante post last season. hope he has wintered well and my money doesn't disappear too early. Oh dear oh dear, doesn't mean he cannot win Derby as short trip today but would have to improve miles. Obviously a better two year old than he is likely to be at three.

iii- 2.20 Newbury - J Wonder 10-1  - Looked a world beater first two runs last year then only came seventh when favourite for the Lowther. Pulled hard and finished seventh but not beaten far,. horses all across the track . Hope she can regain last seasons earlier form. Easy winner by head, worried when I missed 12-1 but at 10-1's looks heluva bet now as backed down to 9-2.

ii- 3.15 Ayr - Upsilon Bleu - 5-1 -This owner loves having winners at Ayr and looked like his last race might just have brought him on. backed but finished third. Place Scoop 6 down as well, I hate late non runners in 8 and 16 horse races. 

I- 3.50 Ayr - Midnight Appeal 16-1  - Alan King knows how to win this race and this horse jumps for fun. hope he will stay and that Mr Thornton doesn't mess him up too much. Would have been a higher rating but fancy two outsiders as well. Rigadin De Beucherne(lightly raced and good winner last time) and fill The Power. Now watch Battle Group start and win !!!!  Rigadin going well then bad mistake, next fence Thornton puts Midnight Appeal all wrong and he falls off and hampers Fill The Power. Glad for Peter Bowen though. 

Also fancy

1.50 Newbury Cubanita 9-1 Nice winner to start
    3.30 Newbury So Beloved 7-1 LAST

2.05 Ayr Eduard 13-8 Another winner,and 7-4 was always going to win up north, primed for this by trainer.
    2.40 Ayr Court Minstrel 8-1 thought he was going to win until the cockney swooped late and old fav Ifandbutwhynot 33-1
    5.00 Ayr -King of the Wolds 10-1
  • edited April 2014
    bump for a winner
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 12/4/2014:
    Back to proper flat and a good jumps card at Ayr iiii- 2.55 Newbury - Berkshire 7-1 - This has got to be my four star rating as I backed him for the Derby ante post last season. hope he has wintered well and my money doesn't disappear too early. iii- 2.20 Newbury - J Wonder 10-1   - Looked a world beater first two runs last year then only came seventh when favourite for the Lowther. Pulled hard and finished seventh but not beaten far,. horses all across the track . Hope she can regain last seasons earlier form. ii- 3.15 Ayr - Upsilon Bleu - 5-1 -This owner loves having winners at Ayr and looked like his last race might just have brought him on. I- 3.50 Ayr - Midnight Appeal 16-1   - Alan King knows how to win this race and this horse jumps for fun. hope he will stay and that Mr Thornton doesn't mess him up too much. Would have been a higher rating but fancy two outsiders as well. Rigadin De Beucherne(lightly raced and good winner last time) and fill The Power. Now watch Battle Group start and win !!!!    Also fancy 1.50 Newbury Cubanita 9-1 Nice winner to start 3.30 Newbury So Beloved 7-1 2.05 Ayr Eduard 13-8 2.40 Ayr Court Minstrel 8-1 and old fav Ifandbutwhynot 33-1 5.00 Ayr -King of the Wolds 10-1
    Posted by vaigret
    Nice start to the day!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 12/4/2014:
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 12/4/2014 : Nice start to the day!
    Posted by wynne1938
     thanks mate
  • edited April 2014
    gone to £51.50 up.
  • edited April 2014
    Ratings for Easter Saturday coming up. Good luck all

iiii - 4.20 Haydock - Horatio Hornblower 11-4 - Hoping that it was the terrible ground last time this horse ran here rather than the course as he has won his other two races impressively. Good claimer on today and should win. Flattered to deceive and claimer not strong enough to outbattle Richard Johnson on run in. 2nd

iii - 2.55 Kempton - Ribbons 9-2 - Won first four races before going over the top for last run at Yarmouth. Should be a filly going places this year and already been backed in from 6-1. Got going too late but stormed home foe 2nd. Do next time

ii- 3.15 Haydock - Midnight Sail -11-1 -Even though Mr Thornton is on he has managed to let this horse jump superbly last time when it easily disposed of Tempest River. That horse was going well when closing at Cheltenham this week only to make a complete ha sh of a jump. Jockey performed miracles to stay on board and horse finished fourth. Would have gone very close without mistake. Not good enough, cant blame Thornton this time. 

i- 2.40 Haydock - Grand Gold -20-1 - This horse was going ominously well on ground softer than he likes first time out in race won by Here's Herbie. GG finished 5th. Heres Herbie and the sixth Tinker Time ran well at Cheltenham this week with Tinker Time winning at 33-1. Hopefully he will strip much fitter this time and get his third win from five jumps outings. NR  

Other Fancies

2.05 Haydock No Planning 16-1 Back to form and despite mistakes won very nicely Hey Big Spender 9-1 out like a light three out
    3.50 Hay -Bennys Well Fell, would he have won, probably

2.20 Kempton -Brave Echo 10-1 no chance with winner, anyway 4th.
    3.30 Kemp - Loving Spirit 5-1 got going much too late for 4th
    5.05 Kemp - Seaside Sizzler 11-1 WON
  • edited April 2014
    OK not so good with my ratings this week with two seconds, a NR and 7th.

Now £48.50 up to a level £1 stake over 18 months. Not bad if I say so myself.

However two nice other winners with

No Planning 16-1 and Seaside Sizzler 11-1 backed down to 11-2
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 19/4/2014:
    OK not so good with my ratings this week with two seconds, a NR and 7th. Now £48.50 up to a level £1 stake over 18 months. Not bad if I say so myself. However two nice other winners with No Planning 16-1 and Seaside Sizzler 11-1 backed down to 11-2
    Posted by vaigret
    It is pretty good father. 

Also from a poker mindset the sample size is really big so obviously not luck. 

Problem with following them is I'd need to get the price you quote for it to work? I assume the price is a key factor when you tip them up. If I could guarentee that everytime it looks like it's just printing money. 
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Dohhh

I usually do my post Friday evening(sometimes Sat mornings) as I like to get the early price. Usually if you look at my post anytime Friday night into the early Saturday morning you would be unlucky not to get the price I do. 

It is very unusual for my tips to be backed liked Seaside sizzler was today ie in from 11-1 to 11-2 or J wonder last week..

Usually they stay around the same and sometimes go out.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 19/4/2014:
    OK not so good with my ratings this week with two seconds, a NR and 7th. Now £48.50 up to a level £1 stake over 18 months. Not bad if I say so myself. However two nice other winners with No Planning 16-1 and Seaside Sizzler 11-1 backed down to 11-2
    Posted by vaigret
    Nice winners!
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks father, think I'm going to start doing them just in singles. If I'm slow and the price has shortened alot I'll just leave it out. 

Bit of a long shot, but have you kept records of how successful each i / ii / iii / iiii has been? 

In theory the iiii selections should be the most profitable?

Apologise in advance for the downswing that is about to hit now that my dosh is on going on.