You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    wELL IT APPEARS i AM GOOD AT ONE THING, PICKING NON RUNNERS, OH WELL AT LEAST THEY ARE NOT LOSERS

FATHER V
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    With three cavalry charges being the Bronze, Silver and Gold Cups at Ayr I wont include them in my ratings but I fancy

Bronze-cheverton
    Silver - Mass Rally and Highland Colori
    Gold - Chevoit and Borderlescott

WHY DIDNT I DO THE FORECAST BU.............
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Not a bad day with five seconds giving me nice returns for place doubles and trebles as well as Mass Rally.

Another day of profit even though my ratings not good again.

Father V  
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 22/9:
    Hi all, Im back and trying to find something for this Saturday. With three cavalry charges being the Bronze, Silver and Gold Cups at Ayr I wont include them in my ratings but I fancy  Bronze-cheverton Silver - Mass Rally and Highland Colori Gold - Chevoit and Borderlescott Now to the ratings - iiii - BECAUSEWECAN - 8-1-  5.05 Ayr - Ran well in race won by stablemate Sir Graham Wade and I wonder if this was the plan to set it up for the classier horse. Today he will run on his own merits and ground and distance will suit. Didnt see race but not in first three so not good iii -  JOHN LOUIS - 12-1 - Newbury 3.10 - ok I know this is an old favourite of mine but he had three wins before coming fifth last time on very unfavourable ground. Today he will get his ideal conditions and will go close again. Just a little note for another day. The horse he beat into second SOHAR, was a non-runner agin at Yarmouth this week, about the seventh time it has been declared and then withdrawn when it hadnt got its good to soft ground. Now I am almost certain that this horse is going to win when it runs as they are looking for the ideal race so I fancy the form is pretty safe to follow. NON RUNNER ii - CEREMONIAL JADE -10-1 -Newmarket 5.05 - A bit of a punt this one!!!!This horse was thought to be very good a couple of years back and after a long time off the course ran well for six furlongs on its comeback recently. Now running over six I will be surp[rised if it is not therabouts at the finish. NON RUNNER i - CROQUET - 13/2 - 2.05 Newbury - this is my one star rating as it is a win only bet due to the number of horses in the race. Well thought of at home it was just as well fancied as stable companion Shirooco star for the Oaks. Ran in high class races and it could be her day today in a smaller field and without so much pressure. A loser and it looked like she was either not genuine or feeling the firmish ground. I dont know which but obviously not as good as I thought she was.  Hope they give us some fun, good luck  Father V    
    Posted by vaigret
    I fancied Becausewecan as well, saw the race, ran a bad race,never in it!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    With three cavalry charges being the Bronze, Silver and Gold Cups at Ayr I wont include them in my ratings but I fancy Bronze-cheverton Silver - Mass Rally and Highland Colori Gold - Chevoit and Borderlescott WHY DIDNT I DO THE FORECAST BU.............
    Posted by vaigret
    absolute nightmare unlucky. sure it paid very handsomely also!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 22/9 : I fancied Becausewecan as well, saw the race, ran a bad race,never in it!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Becausewecan is running in the 5.20 at hamilton today 12/1, massive price.This is a drop in class!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    have a feeling it will be non riunner wynne,

You can say that again Bell and the second time in a month I have really fancied two in a race and would have had a handsome forecast both times. The only problem is that when I do a forecast it is the death knell for it
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hi all,

Here we go again

iiii - SCRAPPER SMITH -4.25 Haydock -4-1 - Looked like a future winner after losing to Edmaaj at Hamilton and would have been next time out if it wasnt for terrible luck in running round the dog track which is Chester. Will have a lot more chance today at Haydock. Pulled too hard and I doubt the extra two furlongs were up his street anyway. Not lost faith for back at shorter distance.

iii - ROSDHU QUEEN - 2.25 Newmarket - 9-2 - Unbeaten filly and won impressively at York , breaking well and then repelling all comers without jockey getting to the bottom of her. WINNER- Thats better Mr Murtagh well ridden from the front. Still not gotten to the bottom of this very brave filly

ii - CHEVETON - 3.15 Haydock - 6-1 - Finished 2nd in Bronze Cup last week losing to a very well handicapped Jack Dexter. Finished well clear of rest and wont meet another blot this week. Well I hope not. Didn't really get into it and heart ruled my head a bit here. Face The Problem, non runner when strongly fancied for Ayr last week wins cosily. 

i - EDMAAJ - 3.40 Newmarket - 25-1 - Finished 2nd to Sir Graham Wade at Pontefract and then beat my four star rating Scrapper Smith. O'meara is a good young trainer and he won with Penitent yesterday and close with classic colori. Stable jockey on this one although I am a bit concerened re draw, either side seem to have a better chance.From the silver Cambridgeshire it looked like stand side best so I cant put anybody off DOUBLE DEALER or previous winner CREDIT SWAP who are both well drawn. Could Credit Swap do a Baronet!!!! ANOTHER NON RUNNER PICKED. DOUBLE DEALER WON HIS RACE ON THE SIDE I THOUGHT HAD THE BETTER DRAW. OH WELL WRONG AGAIN.

Good luck all    
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Just a HU Fr.  Edmaaj is a N/R.  
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    THANKS GLENELG
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi all,

I'm torn this week as most of the horses I faqncy are pretty short priced in big fields, ie Mince W9-4, Vow and Body and Soul W4-1. I am not happy giving those kinds of horses to my regular following. Ha Ha!!

So trying to give a bit of value here are this weeeks horses to light up your life.

iiii - Camborne 2.30 Ascot - 5-1 - Only seven horses go to post and I think this fella is a stand out at these odds. Likes this course and dont think the Ebor suited him so giving him another chance. His "style" of running lets him down again, 2nd. 

iii - Mister Music 16-1 3.20 Newmarket - If the form of the Brittania is held up for the third time this week, this bet is a steal. It has already produced the Cambridgeshire winner Bronze Angel(3rd) and Compton(4th) yesterday. Lets hope it is the right time for the second as well. Not to be , LAST but not given hard race after ity wasnt going to win

ii - Asgardella 20-1 2.15 Newmarket - Now this seems a bit silly especially as Victris Ludorum beat it into 5th last time and reopposes on the same terms. However that race was over 6f and this horse had already won at todays trip of seven so pressed on early and got tapped for toe late on. I think that run at that distance was a mistake and can see this horse turning the form over and hopefully winning. Especially as when he came second over seven he was behind Waterway Run who looked agood horse last week. Well I gave you the right race to follow for this , however I read the form wrong as Victris Ludorum got 7f easily to win with my horse running ok for a little then fading into the pack.

i - Punita -4-1 -4.45 Ascot - Ran twice and won twice but how good is she. Her last run she pulled hard for three furlongs but still won impressively and if she has learnt to settle she could go very well. Finished 7th, not good enough

Father V
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 6/10:
    Hi all, I'm torn this week as most of the horses I faqncy are pretty short priced in big fields, ie Mince, Vow and Body and Soul. I am not happy giving those kinds of horses to my regular following. Ha Ha!! So trying to give a bit of value here are this weeeks horses to light up your life. iiii - Camborne 2.30 Ascot - 5-1 - Only seven horses go to post and I think this fella is a stand out at these odds. Likes this course and dont think the Ebor suited him so giving him another chance. iii - Mister Music 16-1 3.20 Newmarket - If the form of the Brittania is held up for the third time this week, this bet is a steal. It has already produced the Cambridgeshire winner Bronze Angel(3rd) and Compton(4th) yesterday. Lets hope it is the right time for the second as well. ii - Asgardella 20-1 2.15 Newmarket - Now this seems a bit silly especially as Victris Ludorum beat it into 5th last time and reopposes on the same terms. However that race was over 6f and this horse had already won at todays trip of seven so pressed on early and got tapped for toe late on. I think that run at that distance was a mistake and can see this horse turning the form over and hopefully winning. Especially as when he came second over seven he was behind Waterway Run who looked agood horse last week. i - Punita -4-1 -4.45 Ascot - Ran twice and won twice but how good is she. Her last run she pulled hard for three furlongs but still won impressively and if she has learnt to settle she could go very well. Father V
    Posted by vaigret

Father, I've done a 10p Lucky 15 on these selections and if they all come up (!), I'll say a little prayer of thanks for reading the post.....and if doesn't, so be it! Always enjoy reading your posts - would have made a bundle on a reverse forecast thanks to one of your posts the other week if I'd remembered to put the blinking bet on! :((

Good luck to everyone having a flutter today!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    i agree father with camborne, i posted this up on my thread:

2:30 Ascot CAMBORNE 4/1, although behind Willing Foe last time by 4 1/2l last time (5lb pull today) This trip more in selections favour then the Goldolphin horse. Last won a nice handicap on this track in june, and although this a group 3 (very weak race for grade).

Gl with other selections too.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks ms tree and you too.

Good luck Brrrr
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    After watching the race for 2nd time, CAMBORNE does need blinkers, if they do this next time out back him.

The trainer was was very bullish on winner this morning, so fair play to winner (great price in end too).

ooo well looks like another frustrating day.

gl all (and me) in rest of the day's racing.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi all

Trying to find value again so I have left out Libranno 4-1, Moohajim 11-4, and Ubaltique 3-1.
    You should note that of the ones I left out last week from the ratings I got 2 out of 3.

Anyway here are the losers!!!_

iiii- Dubawi Sound 12-1 - 3.45 York - The form from its last race looks very solid, 3rd to Lord George Byron winner at Longchamp last week and it beat Eton Forever who also won last saturday. Also it was given a heel uva lot to do by Mr Spencer. OK that race was over 7f and he drops back to 6f, a distance he has never won at. However I feel tomoz he will be kept up with the pace and will have stamina to hold on. There I was celebrating that PRicewise had followed my reasoning and now its a non runner.

iii - Olympiad 12-1 - 3.35 Newmarket- OK Countrywide Flame looks thrown in but I have a strong fancy for this Dermot Weld horse who won the 2 miler at the EBor meeting and this trainer is very good at stealing good prizes all over the world. In the Ces Trail the Irish Horse Domination destroyed the field and I have a feeling the Irish horses are going to run well in this and Weld's horse is my pick. Travelled well for a mile, pity this race over 2miles. Well done to Aimmtoprosper 66-1 winner.

ii - Mull of Killough - 10-1 -5.15 Newmarket - This horse has run well all season and just got touched off by Bronze Angel in the Cambrdgeshire. Weighted to reverse form can he get a change of luck and win again. Only the bounce factor worries me but hopeful he will do it. WINNER AT LAST .

i - Kylekin Lass -10-1- A number who finished behind Face the Problem meet here again and this one came out best finishing fourth. No reason why any can overturn that form and she is double the price of Steps who had a hard race last time to finish one place behind her.  Value pick. NON Runner

Good luck all

Father V     
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi Vaig,

I will be following with interest. I really like the Mull of Killough selection. I watched the Cambridgeshire and backed Chil the Kite on the day, but was impressed with Mull of Killough.  It will be interesting to see if we get a bit of rain before the race and the going is officially soft.  I think Mull of Killough is the only horse in the race bar Labarinto that has registered a win on soft ground.  The others are either unexposed or have faired pretty poorly.

Good luck to everyone, and enjoy the weekend!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    and you stretch
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Sorry team, 2 non runners
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Switched to Pearl Blue when Kylekin Lass a non runner in 2.05. Form worked out well as Pearl Blue 4th to Lass last time and won this easily.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 13/10:
    Switched to Pearl Blue when Kylekin Lass a non runner in 2.05. Form worked out well as Pearl Blue 4th to Lass last time and won this easily.  
    Posted by vaigret
    That was a lucky break! ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi Glen,

Luck, LOL, form line had to be followed. Get on Lass next time out
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 13/10:
    Hi Glen, Luck, LOL, form line had to be followed. Get on Lass next time out
    Posted by vaigret
    Willdo Fr.  What about Mull?  KERCHING!! ;-))   Cya @ the tables.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ii - Mull of Killough - 10-1 -5.15 Newmarket 

Nice tip, thanks !!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    stretch and glen

Well done u 2 on having faith

I had it with my two non runners so nice return on singles, "doubles" and "Trebles"
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    i - Kylekin Lass -10-1- A number who finished behind Face the Problem meet here again and this one came out best finishing fourth. No reason why any can overturn that form and she is double the price of Steps who had a hard race last time to finish one place behind her. Value pick. NON Runner

Before the lass finished 4th as above she won a race at Ffos Las. As you will see in earlier post above Pearl Blue franked form  and so did Sugar Beet on Sunday finishing second at 50-1 and nearly holding onto to win from her more fancied (2-1 fav) stable mate.

Get on next time the Lass runs
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Here they are for today and good luck to FRANKEL

iiii - Highland Colori 9-1 4.45 Ascot - Marvelously consistent this year and unlucky not to win more. Has won over 7f and deserves to win this. Got the wrong ayr cup form , Jack Dexter's better than the Silver. This horse probably needs a rest until next season now.

iii - Hold On Julio - 8-1 -3.40 Cheltenham -Alan King reckons this horse has come on over the summer and that he got it wrong with the horse a couple of times last year. If he is right about the improvement he should win this before going onto better things. Another 3rd and thought he would win as when he was forced into the fence he jumped them well, every time thornton let him alone he messed it up. Will win some races this year although I would rather have Hutchinson on him rather than Thornton.

ii- Elusive Kate - 11-2 -3.30 Ascot - Hoping the 6lb she has over Excelebration and that he might be heartbroken after losing several times to Frankel will be enough to win this at a nice price. She ran a nice race and got 3rd but Excelbration certainly not broken hearted and won easily despite not having the easiest of runs. Franked Frankel form . 

i- Handy Andy -20-1 - Cheltenham 4.20 - This is the value bet, one day the bookies will wake up to the fact that Colin Tizzard is a good trainer. The stable is in good form and this horse has had a pipe opener to get him ready for this. Nowhere but seemed to lose his action from five out, no excuse he wouldnt have won.

Good luck all

Father V
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 20/10:
    Here they are for today and good luck to FRANKEL iiii - Highland Colori 9-1 4.45 Ascot - Marvelously consistent this year and unlucky not to win more. Has won over 7f and deserves to win this. iii - Hold On Julio - 8-1 -3.40 Cheltenham -Alan King reckons this horse has come on over the summer and that he got it wrong with the horse a couple of times last year. If he is right about the improvement he should win this before going onto better things. Another 3rd and thought he would win as when he was forced into the fence he jumped them well, every time thornton let him alone he messed it up. Will win some races this year although I would rather have Hutchinson on him rather than Thornton. ii - Elusive Kate - 11-2 -3.30 Ascot - Hoping the 6lb she has over Excelebration and that he might be heartbroken after losing several times to Frankel will be enough to win this at a nice price. She ran a nice race and got 3rd but Excelbration certainly not broken hearted and won easily despite not having the easiest of runs. Franked Frankel form .  i- Handy Andy -20-1 - Cheltenham 4.20 - This is the value bet, one day the bookies will wake up to the fact that Colin Tizzard is a good trainer. The stable is in good form and this horse has had a pipe opener to get him ready for this. Nowhere but seemed to lose his action from five out, no excuse he wouldnt have won. Good luck all Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    You have had as good a day as I have!
    Certainly Hold On Julio is one to watch.Ran a great race!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    LOL wynne

I have a feeling Im putting these ratings up too early now as on Saturday morning I can see reasons for not doing some. And that not giving a good service to my readers.

Slapped wrists.

I'll have to do better next week
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 20/10:
    Here they are for today and good luck to FRANKEL iiii - Highland Colori 9-1 4. Ascot - Marvelously consistent this year and unlucky not to win more. Has won over 7f and deserves to win this. Got the wrong ayr cup form , Jack Dexter's better than the Silver. This horse probably needs a rest until next season now. iii - Hold On Julio - 8-1 -3.40 Cheltenham -Alan King reckons this horse has come on over the summer and that he got it wrong with the horse a couple of times last year. If he is right about the improvement he should win this before going onto better things. Another 3rd and thought he would win as when he was forced into the fence he jumped them well, every time thornton let him alone he messed it up. Will win some races this year although I would rather have Hutchinson on him rather than Thornton. ii - Elusive Kate - 11-2 -3.30 Ascot - Hoping the 6lb she has over Excelebration and that he might be heartbroken after losing several times to Frankel will be enough to win this at a nice price. She ran a nice race and got 3rd but Excelbration certainly not broken hearted and won easily despite not having the easiest of runs. Franked Frankel form .  i- Handy Andy -20-1 - Cheltenham 4.20 - This is the value bet, one day the bookies will wake up to the fact that Colin Tizzard is a good trainer. The stable is in good form and this horse has had a pipe opener to get him ready for this. Nowhere but seemed to lose his action from five out, no excuse he wouldnt have won. Good luck all Father V
    Posted by vaigret

Can I add to this post. . . I backed Lightning Cloud ew in this race. Easily won its race on the near side. Keep on the right side of next time out.