You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£50 into £1030 - playing pokers for the kids Xmas - ALL WITHDRAWN - *****THE END***** happ

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Cheers pom & all for kind words.

Played some £5 DYM made a little, played some cash after - won a little
    Lambert tell her, I will be coming back !

£162

On a positive note my Mum seems a little better, hospital pumped her with steroids and water + food.
    Going to see her after work as she is in Hospital still, hopefully she is smiling a little )

Be back to give u all grief in the DTD so don't worry about that, I mean CMON Tikay put some money on for us )
    I ain't missing the chance of winning his money, happy birthday old man !

Special mention to a THS member - Slklist - w/e his name is - WELL DONE ON FT OF GRAND FINAL !

Have a nice day

Marc

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Futile challenge for the disintrested:
    Cheers pom & all for kind words. Played some £5 DYM made a little, played some cash after - won a little Lambert tell her, I will be coming back ! £162 On a positive note my Mum seems a little better, hospital pumped her with steroids and water + food. Going to see her after work as she is in Hospital still, hopefully she is smiling a little ) Be back to give u all grief in the DTD so don't worry about that, I mean CMON Tikay put some money on for us ) I ain't missing the chance of winning his money, happy birthday old man ! Special mention to a THS member - Slklist - w/e his name is - WELL DONE ON FT OF GRAND FINAL ! Have a nice day Marc
    Posted by rancid
    Cheers Marc, I assume you meant me :)

I'm completely disinterested in your futile challenge, but glad to hear your mum is better.

Keep up the good work and see you in tonights DTD.
  • edited September 2012
    yeah meant it just couldn't remember how to spell your mispelt alias )

Mum doing so much better, eating food and drinking tea )

poker ok, had fun in DTD - run deepeish in two -_- just coudn't find the hands late on , exit =  55vQQ - can't remember the other :()

DYM broke even (bit bored of DYM's already)  _ cash lost some due to little spewage and people hitting invisable turn @ river cards  -------    hihi TINTIN  thanks for the set ! Can you please leave me alone now - thanks )

nn

Marc

o current = £145

3xNL50 soon if I feel like it's getting a bit toooooooo zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited September 2012
    Hi rancid - just caught up with your thread - poker doing ok eh - hope some rubs off on me.

Sorry to hear about your mum. Gutsy choice to kick the treatment and go for quality of life rather than quantity - but it makes a lot of sense. gl. 
  • edited September 2012
    Hi rancid - just caught up with your thread - poker doing ok eh - hope some rubs off on me. Sorry to hear about your mum. Gutsy choice to kick the treatment and go for quality of life rather than quantity - but it makes a lot of sense. gl. 
    Posted by GELDY

Yeah cheers, kicking treatment is /> than Mum being ill 24/7 - spiralling into depression
    Even though it will not give as long with us, at least she will have sometime where she will actually be able to get out and about and do some stuff. At the end of the day it's not curable, she's dieing - simple !
    Hopefully she will get to see her last xmas this year, cross fingers and all that.

As for poker I won the DTD last night ) Got in from the Hospital about 8:45 - sat down went to work and lucked my way to deep run in two.

Now this thread has a massive egde to it because if I do manage  to win some big money in a MTT, it will be for a few days get away for the whole family - every penny counts right now )

quote of the day

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

• edited September 2012
    Morning poker people

Sun is shining, the birds are chirping and I lost then won some money playing NL10 last night - current £175
    Ran so well last night it was amusing, played about 6-7 tables + some MTT's -
    I can't play them DYM's - sorry but they just don't hold my attention enough - so back to just cash for this futile challenge.

Anyway as you may be aware I do play MTT's, my profit/loss is not included in this thingy because well I started it as a cash exercise so that's what it is -
    I played mini open last night and was so so deep - last 40 or something may even last 20 - can't remember
    Going to post this hand in clinic anyway as I am not sure if this is ok - maybe I could fold flop or raise bigger pre ?

oppo donks pot into me - I was hoovering over the fold button as I thought I could find a better spot - but last minute I called thinking draw TPGK - should I fold TPTK here
    I got 17bb behind
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    splend Big blind   800.00 800.00 12237.50
      Your hole cards
    • A

vegasman Fold        
    rancid Raise   1745.00 2545.00 14390.00
    Clackett Fold        
    ChirpyChip Fold        
    splend Call   945.00 3490.00 11292.50
    Flop

splend Bet   4000.00 7490.00 7292.50
    rancid
  • edited September 2012
    Little update, Mum is still in Hospital - she's ok - getting better

poker - not much doing with cash - running break even at the moment - current = £155
    At the moment I have been watching some training vids and it's helped me look at certain things another way, kinda moving up to the next stage in learning - very enlightening tbh - never stop learning )

played the £33 BH last night as I won seat via DTD and I binked 1st ) j/k I wish - busted after 10 mintues
    played the mini BH and the same happened as above and in both exit hands oppo turns broadway GG!

Hand above btw - I shove oppo shows 64o - I don't improve

run golden

Marc

• edited September 2012
    Glad your Mum Is feeling alittle more settled. Keep on grinding!
  • edited September 2012
    Little update, Mum is still in Hospital - she's ok - getting better poker - not much doing with cash - running break even at the moment - current = £155 At the moment I have been watching some training vids and it's helped me look at certain things another way, kinda moving up to the next stage in learning - very enlightening tbh - never stop learning ) played the £33 BH last night as I won seat via DTD and I binked 1st ) j/k I wish - busted after 10 mintues played the mini BH and the same happened as above and in both exit hands oppo turns broadway GG! Hand above btw - I shove oppo shows 64o - I don't improve run golden Marc
    Posted by rancid

GLAD MUM IS OK.

WHICH TRAINING VIDS YOU WATCHING, WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THEM?
  • edited September 2012
    I'm a bit late to the party Ran! ;-(  too many diaries & not enough time! Anyways, good read. Sorry to hear about your mum but sounds like things are a little better.   I can't give any advice re cash poker and I've only met you once or twice in the DTD.  You seemed to be a VERY agressive player who takes a few risks? (I mean this in a nice way BTW!)  I was just wondering if you are always like this or only in DTD?  Also, do you play cash differently?  Re dog - if pokerz don't work out I've got three dogs and I'll rent one out to for a while to appease the kids.

Edit: I forgot to ask how long you've been playing poker?
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Futile challenge for the disintrested :   GLAD MUM IS OK.   WHICH TRAINING VIDS YOU WATCHING, WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THEM?
    Posted by pomfrittes

I would say sign up to a training site and work through the vids
    They kind of come in stages, and you just work through them as you see fit
    Some vids at high levels just go straight over your head, while others make sense - just finding a level and trying to then work through them -

• edited September 2012
    I'm a bit late to the party Ran! ;-(  too many diaries & not enough time! Anyways, good read. Sorry to hear about your mum but sounds like things are a little better.   I can't give any advice re cash poker and I've only met you once or twice in the DTD.  You seemed to be a VERY agressive player who takes a few risks? (I mean this in a nice way BTW!)  I was just wondering if you are always like this or only in DTD?  Also, do you play cash differently?  Re dog - if pokerz don't work out I've got three dogs and I'll rent one out to for a while to appease the kids. Edit: I forgot to ask how long you've been playing poker?
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hi,

Been playing for 4 years, started on full tilt playing $2 & $5 turbo SNG's for fun and played live pub poker both SNG & cash.
    Really started playing properly since 2010 - started playing cash poker in 2011 online in an attempt to win some money to fund my MTT play online. Since then I suppose I am more of a cash player but hold my own in MTT + SNG's.

I don't think you can play poker and be risk averse so yeah I like a gamble and take some risks.
    Especially in MTT's because they so much come down to a larger amount of luck towards the end in fast MTT's structures.
    Excepting your going to bust in the majority of MTT's you play, means getting your chips in becomes a lot easier )
    I suppose yeah I am an allround aggressive player, not only in the DTD.
    Controlled agression is a must though, being aggro with FE + outs is so much better than a stone cold aggro move.
    DTD is a special little thing, I find it very strange that it's a deep stacked but most people just wait around and don't play with so many bb's. Funny cause it's like a nice cash game if you play from the start, but most Monday night I don't get online till 8:30 - I still have a playable stack though )

If it don't work out I'll tap you up for a dog )

• edited September 2012
    Played some cash last night. tried some proper grinding with 11x NL10 - won £40 so all good

current £195

Played the mini open last night and was on a very lively table and my stack went up and down like a yoyo - twas fun )
    Went through a hand where I knew oppo had trip two's, don't know why I still called lol - took the view he may have TPTK which I beat so I'll go for the big top ten chip stack early - but in hindsight oppo always has the two lol
    Eventually went out when I called an obvious weak pre raise and lead with a jam - oppo calls with AK lol plus oopo has flush draw on flop - o well that didnt work - onto the next MTT - lets just say I should of sat back a bit more and waited for better spots considering the table -meh-
  • edited September 2012
    Played some cash last night. tried some proper grinding with 11x NL10 - won £40 so all good current £195 Played the mini open last night and was on a very lively table and my stack went up and down like a yoyo - twas fun ) Went through a hand where I knew oppo had trip two's, don't know why I still called lol - took the view he may have TPTK which I beat so I'll go for the big top ten chip stack early - but in hindsight oppo always has the two lol Eventually went out when I called an obvious weak pre raise and lead with a jam - oppo calls with AK lol plus oopo has flush draw on flop - o well that didnt work - onto the next MTT - lets just say I should of sat back a bit more and waited for better spots considering the table -meh-
    Posted by rancid
    Thanks for your detailed reply above Ran and re bold bit I find this is probably one of my leaks.  I don't do it as much now as I used to when I first began but I sometimes find myself "paying to see"!  I guess in some situations it is ok, e.g. in a MTT early to get a read?
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Futile challenge for the disintrested : Thanks for your detailed reply above Ran and re bold bit I find this is probably one of my leaks.  I don't do it as much now as I used to when I first began but I sometimes find myself "paying to see"!  I guess in some situations it is ok, e.g. in a MTT early to get a read?
    Posted by Glenelg
    You kinda wanna know if your right, and o yeah I am right but I lost
    Like building faith in your own game, and once you have enough faith you can fold knowing your right.

For example it's more important to have confidence in your game when you running bad, rarther than when your running good.

Think in most situations it's like ok oppo probbaly got this and I am beat but oppo could also have this that I beat so.... in 15secs we do stuff that in hindsight maybe we shouldn't - doesn't mean we should beat ourselves up over it - anyone can study a hand history for a few minutes and come up with  the right play -
    Not that many that can do this while playing 12 tables and keep playing totally perfect.
  • edited September 2012
    Morning,

Why is today not sunny ! Going out  today with the kids, popping over after a kids party to see my Mum.
    Probably go to the park/pub/dinner and do some pretty normal stuff, which I for one is very pleased about.
    Don't think I said but she was discharged  from the hospital on Friday night, she still doing ok - so much better - eating - getting dressed in the morning, going out )
    My partners Mum is now in hospital with heart problem, don't just rain it pours !
    Why do all these bad things happen at once, so not right.

Played some NL10,20 & NL50 cash last night, won £80.
    Would of liked to do a longer into the night but with work and early starts it's just not possbile.
    My eyes start shutting and that's it midnight = bedtime.

xmas kids dog fund £275
    with the xmas dog fund now building nicley I can afford to play some NL20+
    See how that goes_ this ain't not BRM - this is for the kids !

have a nice day
  • edited September 2012
    Morning,  Why is today not sunny ! Going out  today with the kids, popping over after a kids party to see my Mum. Probably go to the park/pub/dinner and do some pretty normal stuff, which I for one is very pleased about. Don't think I said but she was discharged  from the hospital on Friday night, she still doing ok - so much better - eating - getting dressed in the morning, going out ) My partners Mum is now in hospital with heart problem, don't just rain it pours ! Why do all these bad things happen at once, so not right. Played some NL10,20 & NL50 cash last night, won £80. Would of liked to do a longer into the night but with work and early starts it's just not possbile. My eyes start shutting and that's it midnight = bedtime. xmas kids dog fund £275 with the xmas dog fund now building nicley I can afford to play some NL20+ See how that goes_ this ain't not BRM - this is for the kids ! have a nice day
    Posted by rancid
    Lol! You said you were playing 50NL the other night... I think that's upwards of 20NL lol.

Well played Rancid, keep it going and you can get 2 dogs :)
  • edited September 2012
    awww come back to nl10. I enjoyed owning u ;-)
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Futile challenge for the disintrested - xmas kids dog fund £275:
    awww come back to nl10. I enjoyed owning u ;-)
    Posted by percival09

back home - back online and some numpty saying this rubbish )

think I left table with more money than you :P

think my 3 bets were more effective than yours tbh !
  • edited September 2012
    Had a nie day out on Sunday was not too long out as Mum was getting tired, even though she didn't say I can tell by here eyes that she needed some sleep. Plus my two boys wear you out at the best of times.

Played some NL20 from 8 ish - boring session - was watching X factor, True blood (new season) while playing - lost £10
    I was only playing 3 tables on the laptop as I did feel quite tired after the days events )

played a couple of MTT's, doing ok then booom out like last 40 in both
    first AIPR my AQVA10s - oppo binks flush obviously
    other short stacked 10bb, shove AQ called by two both holding AK - cmon the Queen  - queeny didn't show :(

Playing DTD later, gotta keep my points up for the monthly Tikay money )

Marc
  • edited September 2012
    thats a weekness there mate, your only supposed to have it on in the background to keep her indoors happy and then you can play with less distraction instead of "why dont we watch something together and you turn off the computer"
    Yer mums in my prayers
  • edited September 2012
    blah

played some NL20 - now £315
    stll playing but won't be updating tomorrow, o so tired and it's only 10pm :()
    still in one DTD3 -_- just doubled up with QQ cause I am a rock init
    oppo on my right is called timeforbed, he may knock me out )

• edited September 2012
    Guess what !

I played some poker last night, not for too long - maybe 2 hours before I just got bored - watched the Lederer files for a bit - not all of it as it was do drawn out zZzZz
    So much has been said about this allready, quite simply too many people with too much money who frankly did not care about how the company was run.
    If they actually took the time out and showed an intrest in how the company was run, then the situation would never have happened
    All these players took chunks of money from the company in the form of distributions !
    Well give the money back ? Seriously I don't know how Phil Ivey and others have escaped the wrath of the poker community while Lederer/Ferguson are being held accountable
    But you will never know the full truth
    I lost about $500 when it went down, I was so gutted - like a lot of other people - while it's not a lot of money - it took me ages to get to $500 through $5 SNG's -

I won some money last night playing NL10-NL30

current dog budget £345

how much do dogs cost anyway :S
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Futile challenge for the disintrested - xmas kids dog fund £345:
    Guess what ! I played some poker last night, not for too long - maybe 2 hours before I just got bored - watched the Lederer files for a bit - not all of it as it was do drawn out zZzZz So much has been said about this allready, quite simply too many people with too much money who frankly did not care about how the company was run. If they actually took the time out and showed an intrest in how the company was run, then the situation would never have happened All these players took chunks of money from the company in the form of distributions ! Well give the money back ? Seriously I don't know how Phil Ivey and others have escaped the wrath of the poker community while Lederer/Ferguson are being held accountable But you will never know the full truth I lost about $500 when it went down, I was so gutted - like a lot of other people - while it's not a lot of money - it took me ages to get to $500 through $5 SNG's - I won some money last night playing NL10-NL30 current dog budget £345 how much do dogs cost anyway :S
    Posted by rancid

Going well m8, keep it up.  Regards cost of a dog, if you go down the pedigree route 500 +. 
       Plus running costs of course, and make sure you get the beast insured, they can get quite expensive as they get older. My 11 yr old Golden Retreiver is currently on meds for underactive thyroid, Tramodol for arthritis( fortunately my 81 yr old mother supplies these) and has just been diagnosed with diabetes insipidus for which the vet has prescribed a nasal spray which would cost 7 pound odd on prescription but annoyingly my dog aint paid any National Insurance so i have to fork out 80 quid a month.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Futile challenge for the disintrested - xmas kids dog fund £345:
    .- I won some money last night playing NL10-NL30 current dog budget £345
     how much do dogs cost anyway :S
    Posted by rancid
    Pedegree labs (e.g.) start around £350 in this neck of the woods.  You'll need to start thinking about the breed soon, depending on the age of your kids.  e.g. If you've got 3/4 v. young kids you want something thats tolerant with kids, hence I mentioned labs.  NOT an expert BTW just I have 3 x collies.
  • edited September 2012
    This is even better then your previous diary.

Go for broke and try to make a few thousand then buy a really rare breed puppy imo.
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah my kids r young so a collie is good, well that's what the missus wants

played some NL20 - won some

current woof woof money £380
  • edited September 2012
    nice

remember - dogs are for life - not just Xmas - but i'm sure you've thought of that
    but do think really, really hard - modern society is not pet friendly
    collie is a great choice - very intelligent unlike the average mutt
    mind you - make sure it is a Welsh Border Collie
    had one when I was a kid - love at first sight 
  • edited September 2012
    little bit more money for the dog -_-

current £395
    played some nl10,20 mainly - enjoyed a brief session in some MTT's but everyone kept hitting there draws (
    started off well in the mini BH - top ten - then in three hands I went a bit mad lol - I blame the tiredness
    Saying that I kept mis reading my hands while playing 9 tables, thought I had trip Q's - I had K10 lol

On a personal note, Mum is still depressed - see her last night after work and it's hard work just getting a conversation going - she going to see a counsellor on Monday so hope that will help.
    I am left feeling totally powerless, depression is such a fcuked up thing.
    Espcially hard when you see someone you love go through this, and such a massive person in your life.
    She don't talk, smile - nothing - even a wry smile seems like a massive effort
    So many mixed emotions, I wanna smack her around the face and hug her all at the same time -

need some sleep now

nn )
  • edited September 2012
    so sorry to hear that rancid

one has to regard depression the same way one regards physical diseases - ie it is something that one has caught, and with luck and the right medicine they might recover from, but in the meantime they are sick and can't just "snap out of it". At least that was the way I coped when having to deal with something similar. Makes you feel so helpless doesn't it. To be so powerless in making a difference, but when they do recover they really appreciate the time you spent with them trying to help, so it hopefully isn't in vain.

God bless