You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£50 into £1030 - playing pokers for the kids Xmas - ALL WITHDRAWN - *****THE END***** happ

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Order the dog NOW!  ;-)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £50---> £650-Playing cash poker for the kids -_-:
    Order the dog NOW!  ;-)
    Posted by Glenelg

haha, been shopping today for a bike with my sons - oldest will be 5 on the 31st so it's nice poker will pay for something that provides instant smiles

lost more money at the pokers, not much going my way - think I made two rash/tired choices in NL20 - going to post in clinic anway )
  • edited October 2012

current £650 - but of a blur but I am a little up

won the 250GTD last night after getting some jib from one person lolz
    UTG slams sb for shoving with AJ to the 4bb open from UTG
    Even calls sb an idiot !
    Then UTG explains to the whole table his whole opening range - 4bb with big hand - 2bb with this and so on lols
    So couldn't help myself, had to pop up and say there's only one idiot here for revealing his whole opening range sizes )

Then UTG started popping at me
    even went so far to say I was a loser and was checking my stats !!
    Then had the nerve to say i play like a clown and all of THS think I do !!
    Then told me I was a loser on sharkscope even though I have 46% ROI over a small sample size !!

The he left me alone

Then I reminded myself why I always play in mini view )

lolz - crazy inet fools
  • edited October 2012
    morning, ok so last day of the cash promo - what a slog -
    Yesterday it was my sons 5th borthday so we went for the day.
    Went to the natural history and science musuem - nice day out.
    Today, just being playing with Spiderman - it shoots webs ya know )

current 650

• edited November 2012
    Hi - Happy Hallowean _)

Just made priority with 15 minutes to go lol had to play some £11 DYM's just to acheive on last day of the grind from hell imo ) 10,019 C4P !! @ 23:45
    FWIW the most c4p I have had before was around 4000 - not bad for a recreational player with a full time job + family ) I mostly played 9-12 tables NL10 and a little NL20 -

So I end this month with £650 - + £280 c4p + promo money - I'll find out tomorrow
    Actual works out more profit this month - should be looking at around £1100 -
    So.......£50 into £1100 in two months - not counting MTT wins - all cash apart from the  tiny volume of DYM's at the end to make up the c4p)

So into November and I'am going to be playing some MTT's - see how I get on - will probbaly play a little NL20
    Probably have a couple days break though )

good luck

Rememeber a dog is not just for Christmas )

edit: my c4p has just gone to zero - sigh - so sad (
    What do I get for priority anyay :S
  • edited November 2012
    congrats m8 same most i had is around 4k made it few days bk got 13 k mbn all adds up and u done well in kings of cash ya looking at a £450 bonus so over the 1k barrier shweeeeeeeeet
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £50---> £650-Playing cash poker for the kids -_-:
    Hi - Happy Hallowean _) Just made priority with 15 minutes to go lol had to play some £11 DYM's just to acheive on last day of the grind from hell imo ) 10,019 C4P !! @ 23:45 FWIW the most c4p I have had before was around 4000 - not bad for a recreational player with a full time job + family ) I mostly played 9-12 tables NL10 and a little NL20 - So I end this month with £650 - + £280 c4p + promo money - I'll find out tomorrow Actual works out more profit this month - should be looking at around £1100 - So.......£50 into £1100 in two months - not counting MTT wins - all cash apart from the  tiny volume of DYM's at the end to make up the c4p) So into November and I'am going to be playing some MTT's - see how I get on - will probbaly play a little NL20 Probably have a couple days break though ) good luck Rememeber a dog is not just for Christmas ) edit: my c4p has just gone to zero - sigh - so sad ( What do I get for priority anyay :S
    Posted by rancid
    well done on reaching priority, i thought you had made it a few days back if im honest. juggling a ft job and going for that at these levels is something else. well done again.

the widget resetting made me sigh too:(
  • edited November 2012
    £280 priority and £140 kings of cash think ya on mbn
  • edited November 2012
    Ok so it's been confirmed I finished 4th in the promo bringing my total to £1100 over two months.
    £500 profit for Septemebr , £150 profit for October +£280c4p+£170promo = shaaaaaatinggggggggggggg!!!!

Going to be chilling playing some MTT's and a little bit of NL20 in November

Not sure what level of MTT's yet, maybe just upto £5.50's

• edited November 2012
    Awesome, those kids are gonna be spoilt rotten, vwp!
  • edited November 2012
    VERY well done Ran. Excellent result.
  • edited November 2012
    thanks for the above kind words

last night I watched some TV and played some MTT's + 1 NL20 table on my laptop

Nothing much doing, had my KK cracked in one with 20 left
    oppo calling down with 55 on a Q84 7 - all in on turn - river = 6 - sigh

down about £20 - tried some of the all in sats - nothing doing -
    Just going to carry on the same, play some nl20 + MTT's
    Got an email from Priotiy club, yeah hi welcome - never seeing that again !

current £1080

• edited November 2012
    current £1060

Loving the MTT's, down £20

last 12 and this is standard
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    red316 Small blind   625.00 625.00 0.00
    rancid Big blind   2000.00 2625.00 17827.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

BragStAR Fold        
    really Raise   10000.00 12625.00 30172.50
    PEACEPAW Fold        
    rancid All-in   17827.50 30452.50 0.00
    really Call   9827.50 40280.00 20345.00
    red316 Show

rancid Show
    • A
    • A

really Show
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

really Win Straight to the 7 40280.00
  • edited November 2012
    As above - I'am going to be playing some MTT/SNG's this month -
    So I have reset my ss stats to 1st Nov - see how it goes, probabaly downward graph !
    Obviously going to be playing a little bit of NL20 cash once I get over the hangover of the cash promo
    Going to limit myself to max £5 games - now if SKY could press the Wacko rungood button for me, that would be fantastic - and no more hands like above - that's twice now I been scupered into not making a top ten/FT cash !

• edited November 2012
    run so far this month

• edited November 2012
    Nothing much doing in MTT's or SATS - cash game keeping me bouyant

Keep running down to last 20/30 in MTT's - just can't make that break through and win some flips

Been playing the SATS to the mini and main this evening, just couldn't get it - bubbled in one :)(

• edited November 2012
    yo !

Not going to be updating this thread too often

going to update every few days - getting a bit dreary so.........

good luck at the tables.......
  • edited November 2012
    yeah hi it's me, not much doing -

MTT's are not going so well, busting last 20-30 etc.. can't win flips etc...

hopefully I'll have some good news soon....may have to start playing more cash

Saying that AAvQQ is still not holding at nl20 !

run golden
  • edited November 2012
    Hello,

Ok, just finished 17th in the £33 15k BH :(
    Decided to play it as I was bored )
    Sitting top five for a while then dribbled away card dead, so sux to go card dead in a BH with all the stacks flying about - ended with 10bb calling a UTG shove w/AQ - sadly KJ hit a J and I was out in 17th (
    So felt it was my night !!

• edited November 2012
    n1 Rancid -- was waiting to see one of your hands on the tv - but as you say - card dead so no action

still - not too shabby 17/532

gl
  • edited November 2012
    cheers Geldy - sadly my hands are too boring for TV )

saying that I appeared in one hand where I folded a9 UTG with 10bb ishhhh.
    Still not sure if folding is ok or I should be shoving A8/A9/A10 UTG
    Seem to always get looked up by AJ/AQ -

iF i am shoving A9/A10 UTG then surely I want folds more than calls

so maybe just shove 38 UTG - get called by Ax - at least I am 40%

• edited November 2012
    lol

as for the utg A9/A10 shove with 10bb, i used to have the same problem as you, but i found the cure.

yep - it means they go in the bin. I would also much rather a random hand with few left to act than a middling A with everyone to come - and particularly if it is a BH.
  • edited November 2012
    Surely if it's a bh you'd be more inclined to shove because it's more likely you'd get called by a worse hand.
  • edited November 2012
    blah

Played £22 rebuy, cost me £44 for hours of numbness !! Played a few other mtt's with no return.
    Ended around 40th when my AK got beat - bit annoying
    r/AK on btn w/20bb, sb 3 bets, I 4 bet, sb flats - flop 74A - sb shoves, I call - yeah set of 7's nh wp !!

Ended evening donking around in a forum game

mmm pokers - so much fun :D
  • edited November 2012
    Ok so been playing some cash this evening, not great !

I actually managed to upset somone, I did make a really bad call & won ! - oppo did tilt really badly and was calling me thick and dense ) _ fair play !!
    Then I raise, same oppo tilt shoves on me w/QQ - I call w/KK and guess what yeah ofc QQ wins - poker karma I think someone typed in the very busy chat box

think oppo was drunk but they have been a reg on this site for years, so maybe they just don't like me and my pathetic dairy - yeah can you believe it, oppo called my dairy pathetic - & then they said they have been targeting me for years - bearing in mind this oppo is a nl50 reg I find this very bizarre -

so anyway.... another reason to play in mini view....I only opened the chat box to say sorry )

nn poker on the internet is fun :D

• edited November 2012
    lol sounds like a right t***. I reckon I might know who it is anyway. 

Bad calls ftw ;-)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £50 into? - playing pokers for the kids Xmas **current £1035**:
    lol sounds like a right t***. I reckon I might know who it is anyway.  Bad calls ftw ;-)
    Posted by percival09

yeah well it's amazing how some people become very brave over the internet saying stuff they would never say to your face, internet is a crazy place -

Yeah ok he flats my 4 bet, I lead, he shoves - I call with ace high, oppo shows KK - may seem bad but I have my reasons - then oppo tells me I would level myself into calling with JJ - & I am the thick one !! I suppose oppo must flat 4 bets 100bb deep with a wide range then because oppo is obviously the clever one !!

it's £20 - get a grip !! was loling when oppo tilt 3 bet shoves QQ into my KK though - even though I lost (

• edited November 2012
    Good to briefly clash last night rancid, I rarely play nl20 but refuse to deposit and want to spin my br up back to a decent level in time for christmas.

There is another post about regs killing nl20-50 with their nitty style, well on saturday night the site is full of drunks who are still happy to donate. I will take that in view of me purely being a part time recreational player now. It was weird to multi table last night, first time ive done it in ages, felt very rusty. 

GL with your challenge.  
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £50 into? - playing pokers for the kids Xmas **current £1035**:
    Good to briefly clash last night rancid, I rarely play nl20 but refuse to deposit and want to spin my br up back to a decent level in time for christmas. There is another post about regs killing nl20-50 with their nitty style, well on saturday night the site is full of drunks who are still happy to donate. I will take that in view of me purely being a part time recreational player now. It was weird to multi table last night, first time ive done it in ages, felt very rusty.  GL with your challenge.  
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Hi, yeah gg -

But anywayz - ending this thread - going to withdraw the £1000 and go back to just playing in secret !!

Sure the kids will have a nice xmas with the money, plus I am going to use the money to pay for a family xmas meal somewhere so........ could be the last xmas with my Mum so going to make it a good one.

Cya at the tables

bye bye

• edited November 2012
    its been a nice spin up.

a very good way to spend the money and hope it goes a long way to making your xmas a memorable one esp with your mum.