You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited March 2014
    My PS4 still hasn't arrived yet either :( Hopefully turn up soon, did say it could take a month!!
  • edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014
    A profit is a profit pal.Hopefully March will be a good month.
    Hope all is good with the family.
    Having a bit of a lean spell myself.
    The UKIPT is in town this week after bubbling a couple of sats for the main I forgot about it.
    Just noticed that there is a turbo deepstack on tomorrow.
    So im going to buy in at venue.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    A profit is a profit pal.Hopefully March will be a good month. Hope all is good with the family. Having a bit of a lean spell myself. The UKIPT is in town this week after bubbling a couple of sats for the main I forgot about it. Just noticed that there is a turbo deepstack on tomorrow. So im going to buy in at venue.
    Posted by day4eire76
    Cheers mate. 
    Gl tomorrow.  Hopefully get the chance to meet up again at an SPT this year.
  • edited March 2014
    Hopefully pal just waiting like all Sky players for SPT's dates and venues.
    Poker is going like ehm just bland , playing poor and gambling too much but just up  month on month.
    Staking is going really well.
    Work is going great aswell , promotion and salary increase and given shares asweell.
    But in all honesty I would give it all away for the other halfs test results to be clear.
    We had to meet 2 different consultants during the week and its hard to take all the information in.
    Sorry for the thread hijack.

Run well pal

Pat

Cheers mate.  Gl tomorrow.  Hopefully get the chance to meet up again at an SPT this year.
    Posted by Jac35
  • edited March 2014
    Collusion Part 2

Wrote a bit about it the other day. Well, today, for the first time I really came across it. It was so blatant that I have no problem with breaking the rules and naming and shaming.

Burnley FC and the Referee :)*

Didn't get a decision all game. Martin, sent off for diving, when the only person in the ground who thought that it wasn't a penalty was the ref. Bamford, dives embarrassingly later on in the box and no booking given! Work that one out. The only free kick that we were given in the game was when we were breaking dangerously and he pulled the play back to the half way line. He was horrible. Not yet seen the sending off on the tv and so I may be a bit embarrassed. Must admit, Martin has no trouble going to ground every week.

Despite being beaten, had a lovely day. Met up with Mr and Mrs Brom before the game for a nice meal and a chat. Chauffeur driven to the game and then back for a coffee and a lesson in how to put up pics (I really am that stupid).
    Surely the nicest couple in Poker. Well, I don't know any other couples in poker, although that shouldn't take the shine off my comment :)

Burnley weren't quite so hospitable and I think we're going to be really struggling to catch them now. Good performance from us though. The way we stayed in the game despite going down to 10 men was really encouraging.

Played a bit of poker for an hour tonight. Struggling a wee bit for motivation at the moment. Played a mixture of stakes at Dym's and won more than I lost, so all good there.

*Just a chance that there wasn't really any collusion and the referee is just cr&p. Just realised it's the same guy who sent off Blackstock for Forest against us last year for a supposed elbow. Never in a million years.
  • edited March 2014
    Hopefully pal just waiting like all Sky players for SPT's dates and venues. Poker is going like ehm just bland , playing poor and gambling too much but just up  month on month. Staking is going really well. Work is going great aswell , promotion and salary increase and given shares asweell. But in all honesty I would give it all away for the other halfs test results to be clear. We had to meet 2 different consultants during the week and its hard to take all the information in. Sorry for the thread hijack. Run well pal Pat Cheers mate.  Gl tomorrow.  Hopefully get the chance to meet up again at an SPT this year. Posted by Jac35

Nothing to apologise for Pat, it's always good to hear from you.
    I'm so sorry that things are still really tough for your good lady. I really hope you get the good news that you both deserve soon. Keep staying strong for her and carry on with the wonderful support you've been giving her. Puts poker into perspective doesn't it. If you ever want to have a chat, just pm me and i'll be there.

Congrats on the promotion. Tell me more about the staking.

Take care mate
  • edited March 2014
    Collusion?! 

Blatant dive by Martin. He was lucky he was even on the pitch to dive in the first place. I believe the official line was "an accumulation of fouls".

And despite this, the Mighty Clarets go marching on. UTC. 

LOL, all joking aside, was a cracking day. Thank you for your generous comment above, for your sparkling company and for an easy three points ;-)

See you soon. Bx 
  • edited March 2014
    Golly

Just railed a bit of 5/10

Stacks about the same, approx £700
    Guy says "I'm tilted, wanna flip over 2 hands? You can fold the 1st but have to call the 2nd"
    Opponent says "yep, go on then"

1st hand hand, shove, call £1400 pot.

Different world 
  • edited March 2014
    Golly Just railed a bit of 5/10 Stacks about the same, approx £700 Guy says "I'm tilted, wanna flip over 2 hands? You can fold the 1st but have to call the 2nd" Opponent says "yep, go on then" 1st hand hand, shove, call £1400 pot. Different world 
    Posted by Jac35
    Just saw that.

Mental aint it?

More money than sense imo.
  • edited March 2014
    Hmmm

Think this might be awful
    17 left in main
    Utg open ships 120,000 at 2000/4000 I have 10's in the small. Not the first time he's done this. Not seen his cards yet though. I'm around 8th and have just just over 100,000. Win makes me chip leader and in a really strong position.

Think about it and all the moneys up top obv and.... call
  • edited March 2014
    Golly Just railed a bit of 5/10 Stacks about the same, approx £700 Guy says "I'm tilted, wanna flip over 2 hands? You can fold the 1st but have to call the 2nd" Opponent says "yep, go on then" 1st hand hand, shove, call £1400 pot. Different world 
    Posted by Jac35
    Would it be uber geeky of me to ignore the mayhem and focus on the strategy in this spot?

I'm going to do it anyway, as I like shove/fold poker!

What's the worst hand we call with on 'shove 1' ?

Do we still call Q8, which is 1 hand above average and +ev against an 'any 2' random hand?

I suppose we have to right?

------

I think I'd fold the 10s with 25 blinds.

Not sure what I'd do with jacks, which might mean the 10s is really close? But idk, icm n stuff isn't my strong point. Hes probably got AK/JJ.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Would it be uber geeky of me to ignore the mayhem and focus on the strategy in this spot? I'm going to do it anyway, as I like shove/fold poker! What's the worst hand we call with on 'shove 1' ? Do we still call Q8, which is 1 hand above average and +ev against an 'any 2' random hand? I suppose we have to right? ------ I think I'd fold the 10s with 25 blinds. Not sure what I'd do with jacks, which might mean the 10s is really close? But idk, icm n stuff isn't my strong point. Hes probably got AK/JJ.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well we're 50/50 to win the 2nd flip so basically just got to call with any hand that's better than 50% on the first flop. Q8 has 54% vs a 100% range so is definitely a call!
  • edited March 2014
    Yeh think I fold TT there with 25xBB.

Interesting spot on the nosebleeds though. I think we gotta call with Q8 Doh but what is the worst we cal with.... We obv call all PPs, Ax, Kx, Q7+.... worst hand might be JT for me but I do love JT ;)
  • edited March 2014
    How about fold the Q8.

Then if you don't get AT/88+ nxt hand fold again, log off, withdraw roll, self exclude, make new rtr account, come back the next day and grind as usual :)
  • edited March 2014
    Yeh think I fold TT there with 25xBB. Interesting spot on the nosebleeds though. I think we gotta call with Q8 Doh but what is the worst we cal with.... We obv call all PPs, Ax, Kx, Q7+.... worst hand might be JT for me but I do love JT ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    not sure i'd ce calling with 22, or possibly 33 first hand... ur ike max 55% against any random hand. open to being wrong though?

funnily enough, I used to play this game with a degen mate of mine. Tenner a pop, but you got 3 chances (had to call the 3rd hand). so not quite on the same level as the NL1k guys!

could be an interesting concept instead of those quids in tables...

dohh - that did make me lol. :)
  • edited March 2014
    I've always wanted to put up a load of pics in this thread. I think it is always more interesting that way. The trouble is, I'm a simpleton and have never been able to work out how to do it. Everything always needed resizing and stuff like that, so I left it.

I now know how to do it!
    The 'interesting' bit, will probably become very tedious as I thought I might as well put up all the pics that I would have liked to over the last year or so. Bombardment on the way.

Mr and Mrs J, before all the bags under the eyes etc

The addition

They say a good set up is crucial and limit distractions, hmmmm (the gap on the shelf is where I hoped a PS4 would be sitting) :)

See, it is possible to have a good day out in Birmingham

The theatre of dreams

Scrub that, the REAL theatre of dreams

Catching Sea Tractors to the pub FTW

Start of our search for the Northern Lights

• edited March 2014
    Omg pictures.

I love pictures.
  • edited March 2014
    I've prolly made a mess of all of them.
    Got to sweat on them being ok now for the next few hours!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : not sure i'd ce calling with 22, or possibly 33 first hand... ur ike max 55% against any random hand. open to being wrong though? funnily enough, I used to play this game with a degen mate of mine. Tenner a pop, but you got 3 chances (had to call the 3rd hand). so not quite on the same level as the NL1k guys! could be an interesting concept instead of those quids in tables... dohh - that did make me lol. :)
    Posted by chicknMelt

If you were given the chance to play this game, for real, 1 time only with a millionaire, for as much as you liked, any % of your bankroll, but you only get 1 game, what % of your bankroll would you stake?

Just broke the record for most commas in 1 sentence.

Answer for '2' hands before you have to call, then '3' hands....

I was thinking about how much I would stake, and wondered how it might compare to others.
  • edited March 2014
    Hmmm Think this might be awful 17 left in main Utg open ships 120,000 at 2000/4000 I have 10's in the small. Not the first time he's done this. Not seen his cards yet though. I'm around 8th and have just just over 100,000. Win makes me chip leader and in a really strong position. Think about it and all the moneys up top obv and.... call
    Posted by Jac35
    i think realisticly, at this stage, they arent going to be shoving many, if any hands your miles ahead of. it is however very tempting.

the fact that he has done it before would only sway my decision if he had done it alot more than would be reasonable for a range similar to the below

HandEquityWinsTies
    TT53.49%307,140,32412,248,400
    88, 99, TT, JJ, QQ, AK, AQ46.51%266,219,24412,248,400

ICM would deffo say fold with 53% equity. Yes the money is up top, but you have to be in to get there, and IMO, you would generally need around 60% equity, to make a call like this... they would have to be shoving pretty wide for that

HandEquityWinsTies
    TT59.54%695,334,90016,209,264
    55, 66, 77, 88, 99, TT, JJ, QQ, AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ40.46%469,945,59616,209,264

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : If you were given the chance to play this game, for real, 1 time only with a millionaire, for as much as you liked, any % of your bankroll, but you only get 1 game, what % of your bankroll would you stake? Just broke the record for most commas in 1 sentence. Answer for '2' hands before you have to call, then '3' hands.... I was thinking about how much I would stake, and wondered how it might compare to others.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    tbh, judging from my experiences with my degen mate, even with 3 hands, its still pretty much a flip.

as a one off, i might risk as much as 5%, in either. saying that though, i never went above £20 with my mate (we got to choose the stakes, generally it was a tenner tho. i did say he was a degen).
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : i think realisticly, at this stage, they arent going to be shoving many, if any hands your miles ahead of. it is however very tempting. the fact that he has done it before would only sway my decision if he had done it alot more than would be reasonable for a range similar to the below Hand Equity Wins Ties TT 53.49% 307,140,324 12,248,400 88, 99, TT, JJ, QQ, AK, AQ 46.51% 266,219,244 12,248,400 ICM would deffo say fold with 53% equity. Yes the money is up top, but you have to be in to get there, and IMO, you would generally need around 60% equity, to make a call like this... they would have to be shoving pretty wide for that Hand Equity Wins Ties TT 59.54% 695,334,900 16,209,264 55, 66, 77, 88, 99, TT, JJ, QQ, AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ 40.46% 469,945,596 16,209,264
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Cheers for that.
    Pretty annoyed with myself. Had been playing well and was very comfortable on the table. Wish I'd had more than 15 secs :)
    The fact he had done it before did sway me and I just couldn't, in the time I had, see why he would just shove 30 bigs with a better hand. Obv he did have a better hand ... JJ . I am the worst 
  • edited March 2014
    I've always wanted to put up a load of pics in this thread. I think it is always more interesting that way. The trouble is, I'm a simpleton and have never been able to work out how to do it. Everything always needed resizing and stuff like that, so I left it. I now know how to do it! The 'interesting' bit, will probably become very tedious as I thought I might as well put up all the pics that I would have liked to over the last year or so. Bombardment on the way. ...... Mr and Mrs J, before all the bags under the eyes etc The addition They say a good set up is crucial and limit distractions, hmmmm (the gap on the shelf is where I hoped a PS4 would be sitting) :) See, it is possible to have a good day out in Birmingham The theatre of dreams Scrub that, the REAL theatre of dreams Catching Sea Tractors to the pub FTW Start of our search for the Northern Lights
    Posted by Jac35

lol, love it. 

looking forward to seeing a pic of the little one.

god, i'd never been caught dead saying that a couple of years ago. Strange what having a baby can do to you!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Cheers for that. Pretty annoyed with myself. Had been playing well and was very comfortable on the table. Wish I'd had more than 15 secs :) The fact he had done it before did sway me and I just couldn't, in the time I had, see why he would just shove 30 bigs with a better hand. Obv he did have a better hand ... JJ . I am the worst 
    Posted by Jac35

ive done far worse, believe me. probaly done far worse tonight.

been in simlar spots before and got it wrong. Im my experience, especially later on, but even early in a tourney, it would be rare to see anything worse than 88+, AQ+

you will prob be thinking about "what if I didn't"

but try to think of it as a positive - you have an experience that hopefully means you wont do the same thing again.

• edited March 2014
    been there
    done that
    taken the medicine
    won't do it again (readless)

chickn talking a lot of sense at the moment
  • edited March 2014
    Yayyy
    photos posted fine.  Not upside down or nothing. 
    Previous page
  • edited March 2014

Speed read through all the poker talk......it is like the clinic in here somedays!

Nice pics though mate. Is the theatre of dreams the Notts Forest ground?

• edited March 2014
    Speed read through all the poker talk......it is like the clinic in here somedays! Nice pics though mate. Is the theatre of dreams the Notts Forest ground?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks and NO
  • edited March 2014

Phew! Getoutofitability

Couple of sats - bad beats - so I tilt! @gormless

Reg a load of tourneys - don't get bad beats - bust them all bar 1 in 10 mins, favourite, getting it in on the flop drawing dead v 2 opponents in main

Reg a load of £20 Dyms and look at my account. Oh, lovely, lose all these and I'm in for £240 from nowhere.

Win a load of Dyms and with the dirty rakeback, I'm up £1.90 for the night. Get in

Still in the £22 deepstack 8/16 - just had Aces bust all in preflop v Q 10. Quads tend to win.

Think I might quit tourneys, they're rubbish