You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    He obvs doesn't want you at the tables.  Ignore it.  I play on classic mini view where you can't view the chat.  Sometimes I open up the chat box at the end of the session to see what has been said.  The amout of abuse I get is laughable.  By which time I have stopped playing and I don't care.  Try and think about it logically....do these people abuse the less experienced players? I'm pleased your turning it around Paul.  The best think you can do v this player is play your very best. Run well!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Cheers James
    Hope to see you at UKPC mini? Or Newcastle in March?
    Btw I might have as many points as you at this stage this month :)
    Think there's a decent chance that you'll be ahead by end of month though ;)
  • edited February 2015
    I hope to play the main and I'll defo be at Aspers in March so look forward to having a few :)

Today has been the first day I've played this month after making 54.5k c4p last month.  Needed a short break.

Prop bet?  Least points this month buys the 1st round at Newcastle?  Im on 367 atm.
  • edited February 2015
    I hope to play the main and I'll defo be at Aspers in March so look forward to having a few :) Today has been the first day I've played this month after making 54.5k c4p last month.  Needed a short break. Prop bet?  Least points this month buys the 1st round at Newcastle?  Im on 367 atm.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Take that elastic band off your wallet, Jackson.
  • edited February 2015
    He obvs doesn't want you at the tables.  Ignore it.  I play on classic mini view where you can't view the chat.  Sometimes I open up the chat box at the end of the session to see what has been said.  The amout of abuse I get is laughable.  By which time I have stopped playing and I don't care.  Try and think about it logically....do these people abuse the less experienced players? I'm pleased your turning it around Paul.  The best think you can do v this player is play your very best. Run well!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    +1
  • edited February 2015
    If its bothering you on a personal level that you used to get on and now he is riling you i would suggest trying to sort it out over a pm and if that doesnt work just ignore and move on.
  • edited February 2015
    Gunna start railing yr DYM's Jacko... look fun ;)

Seriously tho, he is doing nothing but making himself look stupid... and that Timmy guy obv talks as much rubbish as him ha :) #goodman

He may have a thing for you tho, sat stalking your stats all day! 

Happy birthday to Harry for tomorrow xx

Hear your having the day off work for it.

• edited February 2015
    Gunna start railing yr DYM's Jacko... look fun ;) Seriously tho, he is doing nothing but making himself look stupid... and that Timmy guy obv talks as much rubbish as him ha :) #goodman He may have a thing for you tho, sat stalking your stats all day!  Happy birthday to Harry for tomorrow xx Hear your having the day off work for it.
    Posted by samantha25
    Thanks darling, but it's not until next month.... 27th, stick it in your diary ;)
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Thanks darling, but it's not until next month.... 27th, stick it in your diary ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

That's twice in a week you've called me darling, pack it in or I'm calling the mods!

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : That's twice in a week you've called me darling, pack it in or I'm calling the mods!
    Posted by samantha25
    I have many other names for you, but they ain't forum friendly.

And ModScouse is on my side anyway, so good luck with that :)
  • edited February 2015
    You're about as creepy as Jacs new fan ;)
  • edited February 2015
    He may well be right and I am too sensitive but whatever, I can't really be doing with taking crapp for no reason. Posted by Jac35
    I dunno Pat at all but that kind of sounds like a way of trying to get an edge on someone a bit better than you, sort of like the di-ckish stuff people like Tony G try to throw people off their game. Quick mute of player in order if it is causing a few mis-steps as a result?

I suppose in a weird sort of a way it's a compliment that you get targeted in that way!

And lol at the domestic between H and Sam taking over the thread :)
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I dunno Pat at all but that kind of sounds like a way of trying to get an edge on someone a bit better than you, sort of like the di-ckish stuff people like Tony G try to throw people off their game. Quick mute of player in order if it is causing a few mis-steps as a result? I suppose in a weird sort of a way it's a compliment that you get targeted in that way! And lol at the domestic between H and Sam taking over the thread :)
    Posted by shakinaces
    Bit like Norris & Rita :-)
  • edited February 2015
    Thanks for comments guys and also for the messages I received off forum. I'd love to be able to repeat some of the things said but I'm not sure that they'd get past the filters :)
    Unfortunately it seems that very few of you were surprised by the chat.

Phantom 
    I did actually try what you suggested a while ago and received an apology. Then very next game we played it was just the same. You're right that it's disappointing in a personal level because I usually pride myself in being a good judge of character.

Shaky
    He might well get his edge out of it. Good luck to him, I'd rather stay classy. We all want to win but it's a game at the end of the day. There's been some awful things happening in the world this week and being unpleasant in the Chatbox doesn't really appeal to me.

I probably shouldn't have posted the chat. I was annoyed at the time. I wear my heart on my sleeve and am always honest, maybe too honest in this thread. I wish I didn't let things bother me but I've long since accepted that that's just the way I am,. I've deleted the post now. I think enough people have seen it. I'm surprised that it wasn't deleted by Sky. Maybe it went under the radar.

Sam and Jon stealing the show!
    I always tend to think of them as Boycie and Malene :)
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Bit like Norris & Rita :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    You need to get out more Mick, little less Corrie and a little more fresh air ;)
  • edited February 2015
    Sam and Jon stealing the show! I always tend to think of them as Boycie and Malene :)
    Posted by Jac35
    reminds me more of bill & ben the flowerpot men, with whoevers thread they are on starring as "weed"

for those too young to understand here is a link - the fun starts after 2:00

• edited February 2015
    Hi jac 

wouldnt worry about people like that.for starters ur results are better than his so perhaps a little jealously has come out. 

Quoting sharkscope is not allowed so he looks like a c..k

dont let him get to u

also he might have been in a bad mood as he may have found out his rolex is fake
  • edited February 2015
    If someone can be bothered to write all that to you over and over again then as far as I'm concerned it's a huge compliment ~ they must see you as a massive threat and it's the only way they feel they can beat you!! :D
    Lap it up they idolise and fear you...much like the rest of us! :P

:):) Happy Harry Baby Birthday! :)
  • edited February 2015
    tell them to shove their stats up their f*****g a**e brother
  • edited February 2015
    Can you please stop crying when I simply asked if you were having a downswing (its an inevitable fact of the game). Do I think your a good poker player, yes. Do I think I have an edge over you, yes. Does it matter, no. I suggest if you don't like the simple and unprovoking comments I say then mute me. I told you how to do it. Good day, and good luck with your future play. 
  • edited February 2015
    oh no
    conflict between two of the most eloquent posters on the forum. 

• edited February 2015
    i didn't see the convo so cannot comment on it
  • edited February 2015
    But pat is direct and jac is thin skinned
    i mean jac has ignored me for ages even though I'd like to be his best friend. But i can imagine pat being very direct and Paul not enjoying that. 
    #sigh

• edited February 2015
    But pat is direct and jac is thin skinned
    Posted by GELDY
    lol this. 

For the record, I don't think I'm the best DYM player on the site. 
  • edited February 2015
    I think people can work things out for themselves.
    Geldy 
    I only ignore you because I'm not bright enough to understand most things you post :)
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
    I managed to finish early and so appease Mrs J a little. Harry actually seemed to love the present we got him and played with it, rather than play with the wrapping paper like he did at Christmas. He also like his birthday balloon, that was bigger than him.
    We had a nice meal at a nice restaurant with the Grandparents.
    A lovely day.
    I wasn't going to play any poker this evening but I've just played a few tables of cash.
    Decided to hit and run with my £7.15 winnings :)

• edited February 2015
    or maybe i don't express myself clearly enough

will try harder

• edited February 2015
    oh no conflict between two of the most eloquent posters on the forum. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Are we still talking about Sam and Hufty?! :D
    Have a nice weekend Geldy!
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Are we still talking about Sam and Hufty?! :D Have a nice weekend Geldy!
    Posted by mrsduck
    quack, quack - u2 :-)

• edited February 2015
    I think people can work things out for themselves. .. Geldy  I only ignore you because I'm not bright enough to understand most things you post :) "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" .. I managed to finish early and so appease Mrs J a little. Harry actually seemed to love the present we got him and played with it, rather than play with the wrapping paper like he did at Christmas. He also like his birthday balloon, that was bigger than him. We had a nice meal at a nice restaurant with the Grandparents. A lovely day. .. I wasn't going to play any poker this evening but I've just played a few tables of cash. Decided to hit and run with my £7.15 winnings :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Gratz on the winning day. 
  • edited February 2015
    I think people can work things out for themselves. .. Geldy  I only ignore you because I'm not bright enough to understand most things you post :) "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" .. I managed to finish early and so appease Mrs J a little. Harry actually seemed to love the present we got him and played with it, rather than play with the wrapping paper like he did at Christmas. He also like his birthday balloon, that was bigger than him. We had a nice meal at a nice restaurant with the Grandparents. A lovely day. .. I wasn't going to play any poker this evening but I've just played a few tables of cash. Decided to hit and run with my £7.15 winnings :)
    Posted by Jac35
    You bragging that you normally last so long?

Good to see you back posting, GL on the tables sir
  • edited February 2015
    wiiiiiii
    paul playing hilo
    sorry i can't chat as on mobile
    but glgl