You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    wiiiiiii paul playing hilo sorry i can't chat as on mobile but glgl
    Posted by GELDY
    You're special Geldy.
    I may have put a bad beat on you. It was generally the other way round tonight.

I listened to Ivan and kept going tonight. I'm probably deluded but I genuinely think I was playing ok for the majority of the time. I will stop grumbling one day, honest! I had some horrific beats over the night and was down $194 after about 40 games. Where I was very lucky was that when I did the chase your losses thing and regged for a couple of £50's alongside my other games, I ran a lot better.
    I won 6 out of the last 8 and somehow ended up a mighty £11.19 up. I won a buy in at the one table of cash I played for a while. Came off there with £62.
    So a profit of £40ish is nothing to write home about but considering how much I could have ended up losing, I'm delighted.
    Plus many many points for 4 and a bit hours work. I make 1t 1657 for the night :)

Shopped around a bit today and got my car insurance for £242 which was £45 less than i'd been quoted by my current insurer. I was quite happy at £287 to be honest and so that's a real bonus.

Busy weekend lined up.
    Gotta work tomorrow morning and then off to the match. Many pints then planned for the evening. No poker tomorrow.
    Sunday, I have a pass out to golf in the morning and then we have another party for Harry, Load of family coming round. I know, 2 parties? Keeps her happy though so i'll go along with it. Hopefully get a good amount of poker in on Sunday evening.

Have a nice weekend everyone
  • edited February 2015
    I had an interesting situation last night.
    I was playing a bundle of tables, as was a player who presently isn't best friends with me.
    I noticed that in a couple of games, he was 'away'
    He was involved in hands on other tables and so wasnt Discoed. 

Do I tell him?
  • edited February 2015
    I had an interesting situation last night. I was playing a bundle of tables, as was a player who presently isn't best friends with me. I noticed that in a couple of games, he was 'away' He was involved in hands on other tables and so wasnt Discoed.  Do I tell him?
    Posted by Jac35
    Yes. I would, anyway.

Be the bigger man, do the right thing.

If friendships are broken, they don't fix themselves. 

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Yes. I would, anyway. Be the bigger man, do the right thing. If friendships are broken, they don't fix themselves.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    It didn't cross my mind not to tell him.
    Although,  if it had been after he'd beaten my Kings with Ace 6 then it'd be a different story altogether ;)
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : It didn't cross my mind not to tell him. Although,  if it had been after he'd beaten my Kings with Ace 6 then it'd be a different story altogether ;)
    Posted by Jac35
    I 100% KNEW you would tell him.

Proper bloke.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I 100% KNEW you would tell him. Proper bloke.
    Posted by Tikay10
    So you do read this! 
    Maybe you couldn't be bothered to read all the ramble I did last night. Fair enough.
    To answer your question from your thread.

Cliffs

Usual
    Got in hole
    Unusual
    Got out of it

The 2nd £50 I loaded up had a fun line up. Not too many easy pickings there.
    Alvez
    TimmyRaRa
    Patwalshh
    Nutter
    Forget the other player but he waa decent
  • edited February 2015
    you doin Newcastle  old man ? hope to see you there but am struggling for a lift tho and your team better win as ive got them in my acca lol
  • edited February 2015
    you doin Newcastle  old man ? hope to see you there but am struggling for a lift tho and your team better win as ive got them in my acca lol
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Hi Jonny
    It's been a long time. Hope you're keeping well. 
    Yeah, I'm hoping that we win too :)
    Be great if you can get something sorted for Newcastle.  Be good to meet up again
  • edited February 2015
    So how was the Sunday night grind? 
    Was it better than the golf or vice versa? 
    Any chance of you playing hilo tonight. Probably my last session for a while so it'll be good to see you there. 
  • edited February 2015
    So how was the Sunday night grind?  Was it better than the golf or vice versa?  Any chance of you playing hilo tonight. Probably my last session for a while so it'll be good to see you there. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Golf wasn't bad actually. Was happy getting it in the hole there rather than the hole I normally find myself in at poker.

Poker was swingy but ok. Played sat for roller and was about 6/15 with 14 seats. Passed just about everything as there were some really short stacks. About 6 times they went in behind and got there. Still, the £44 for 15th was ok. :)
    I'd won a few Dyms and so I would have been around £150 up after an hour. Carried on playing and was soon £100 down. Saw a couple of £50 Dyms that given the line ups I just couldn't turn down. Managed to cash in them and ended up around £100 up. A useful 1500 points added as well ;)

If I do play tonight it will be late. Top of the table clash to listen to tonight. Hopefully, Vespa won't be chirping in the morning :)
    Will probably watch Liverpool v Tottenham at the same time.

Off on your travels again? Bring me back some rock.
    Will we be seeing you at UKPC or Newcastle?

• edited February 2015
    Thanks for the update
    I'd so love to play Notts or Newcs
    but London is my limit for now
    maybe catch you online later
    but if it means me playing nlhe dyms at 50 
    I'd expect to be a little tippsie before joining in
    enjoy
  • edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015
    GG WP :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Both teams happy enough I guess.
    Hopefully we can now go on and finish 1 & 2. With us 1st obv :)
  • edited February 2015
    Maybe it's an age thing but I get very confused with Sky sometimes.
    I love it here, think the promotions are great, think the forum is great but...

There's a chap who posts in BB&V. 
    He claims repeatedly that Sky is corrupt. He calls Sky presenters clowns. He claims that he presenter lies. He has never done one worthwhile post.
    It appears that nothing is done about this and he continues with his garbage.

There's a chap who used to post on here a lot. He was banned for life just before I started posting on here. He ranted about customer care and admits that he probably deserved to be in trouble for it. He made one mistake.
    He now posts regulary on FB and on skype groups. He goes out of his way to help people whenever he can. I remember that a while ago someone started a thread asking for  help with filtering sngs. I got a message from the banned member telling me how to do it and asking if I could pass it on to the guy who started the thread. Need scope stats? He's your man.
    He's very smart and a reasonably good player as well. He would be a huge asset to the forum if he were allowed to return. He thinks it's unlikely that this would happen as he believes it would be difficult as other banned people would want a reprieve as well.

Nasty man can post
    Nice man can't post
    Strange 

Derby :(
    Golf :)
    Won a few quid over last couple of days. Dyms have been poor again but drunk 50nl was very good on Friday night :)
    Sat for UKPC main tonight. One time!

• edited February 2015
    GL for tonight! I'll try to have a look see how you're getting on :)
    And as for the lifetime banned member, Sky...bring him back!! :(
  • edited February 2015
    Are we talking Batman movies?

The Riddler v The Penquin :-)
  • edited February 2015
    Are we talking Batman movies? The Riddler v The Penquin :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Lol
    That's good :)
    Good result for you lot yesterday Mick !
  • edited February 2015
    He's very smart and a reasonably good player as well. He would be a huge asset to the forum if he were allowed to return.
    Posted by Jac35
    +1

Seems strange that they wont let him post on their forum but they're happy for him to represent them at the biggest live tournament of the year. 

Maybe they just want an Adam Lallana lookalike wearing a blue hoody to bring some glamour to the event. 

Just unlucky to be in the wrong team at the wrong time :(

• edited February 2015
    They can't ban Riddle! He's my source of entertainment when I stumble in drunk at 3am.

Absolutely agree that Pingu should be allowed back in.
  • edited February 2015
    Maybe it's an age thing but I get very confused with Sky sometimes. I love it here, think the promotions are great, think the forum is great but... There's a chap who posts in BB&V.  He claims repeatedly that Sky is corrupt. He calls Sky presenters clowns. He claims that he presenter lies. He has never done one worthwhile post. It appears that nothing is done about this and he continues with his garbage. There's a chap who used to post on here a lot. He was banned for life just before I started posting on here. He ranted about customer care and admits that he probably deserved to be in trouble for it. He made one mistake. He now posts regulary on FB and on skype groups. He goes out of his way to help people whenever he can. I remember that a while ago someone started a thread asking for  help with filtering sngs. I got a message from the banned member telling me how to do it and asking if I could pass it on to the guy who started the thread. Need scope stats? He's your man. He's very smart and a reasonably good player as well. He would be a huge asset to the forum if he were allowed to return. He thinks it's unlikely that this would happen as he believes it would be difficult as other banned people would want a reprieve as well. Nasty man can post Nice man can't post Strange  .... Derby :( .... Golf :) .... Won a few quid over last couple of days. Dyms have been poor again but drunk 50nl was very good on Friday night :) .... Sat for UKPC main tonight. One time!
    Posted by Jac35

I agree, Harry for the ban.
    Bring back Pingu :)

• edited February 2015
    Agreed the above, dunno what the ban was for but seems daft for Pingu to be perma-banned.
  • edited February 2015
    Maybe it's an age thing but I get very confused with Sky sometimes. I love it here, think the promotions are great, think the forum is great but... There's a chap who posts in BB&V.  He claims repeatedly that Sky is corrupt. He calls Sky presenters clowns. He claims that he presenter lies. He has never done one worthwhile post. It appears that nothing is done about this and he continues with his garbage. There's a chap who used to post on here a lot. He was banned for life just before I started posting on here. He ranted about customer care and admits that he probably deserved to be in trouble for it. He made one mistake. He now posts regulary on FB and on skype groups. He goes out of his way to help people whenever he can. I remember that a while ago someone started a thread asking for  help with filtering sngs. I got a message from the banned member telling me how to do it and asking if I could pass it on to the guy who started the thread. Need scope stats? He's your man. He's very smart and a reasonably good player as well. He would be a huge asset to the forum if he were allowed to return. He thinks it's unlikely that this would happen as he believes it would be difficult as other banned people would want a reprieve as well. Nasty man can post Nice man can't post Strange  .... Derby :( .... Golf :) .... Won a few quid over last couple of days. Dyms have been poor again but drunk 50nl was very good on Friday night :) .... Sat for UKPC main tonight. One time!
    Posted by Jac35

Hi Paul,

On the face of it, yes, I agree.

There are a whole lot of stuff there that deserves a reply.

For starters, & to use an old expression, Sky Poker don't know if they are best burnt or scolded.  

Ban people? They get stick for it.

Don't ban people? Ditto.

Of late, & after a lot of pressure from me (such as my view counts for a thing), the Business have been a lot more tolerant towards non-compliant Posts, & closing threads willy-nilly. 

It's not an easy line to tread.

I'm prepping for tonight's Show, so won't be able to reply properly or fully tonight, but your Post is a bit unbalanced, imo.

I'll reply properly in the next day or two though.

For the record, I like & respect Andy a great deal, & he posts on another Forum I'm involved in, where I make him very welcome. Personally, I have no problem with Andy at all. 

But you don't have all the facts at your disposal.

I have made numerous attempts - 4 I think - to get Andy reinstated here. Andy knows this, & will confirm that to you or anyone else.

I wrote to him at 3am (3am!) or somesuch after he made that original fateful Post, & begged him to withdraw it. It was guaranteed to get him banned - & he knew that. Andy will confirm all this.

At SPT Stratford 3 or 4 years ago (?), I introduced him to two Senior Suits, & put in a really good word for him, in an attempt to resolve the situation. Unforch, it never did the trick. 

Around 3 months ago (give or take), Andy sent a very very helpful note to Sky Poker, which, because it was a sort of general poker matter, came to my attention.

So I sent another plea to Head Office - "he's a decent lad, he's served his time, can you please reconsider his chat ban? - I think he'll be OK now". 

It seems my timing was bad, as, reading between the lines, another "robust" note had been just sent by Andy to the Business. I never saw it, but I gather it was "a bit rude".

This Community is owned & managed by Sky Poker. If you were in their spot, would you REALLY be happy for people to generally abuse you, AND still continue posting?

It's not anything like as straightforward as you may think. 

I will continue to try & get Andy reinstated here. I will. But he has to do his bit, too. It's not a one way street.   

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : +1 Seems strange that they wont let him post on their forum but they're happy for him to represent them at the biggest live tournament of the year.  Maybe they just want an Adam Lallana lookalike wearing a blue hoody to bring some glamour to the event.  Just unlucky to be in the wrong team at the wrong time :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well what would you suggest then, JJ? Disqualify him? I don't think so.

He won his seat fair & square.

I'll welcome him at UKPC with open arms, & rail him every yard. I'd LOVE him to win.

It's all well & good pointing out the anomoly, but the solution is not as easy as you think.

Do you remember the last Viva Las Vegas that Sky Poker did?

A lad named Marc Wright qualified, & I spent a very uncomfy few weeks in Las Vegas bering battered by haters left right & centre, because Marc has "history".

But he won his seat fair & square, & in Vegas, as far as it affected me, he conducted himself properly. Would you have DISQUALIFIED him because he had history? Can you begin to imagine the negative noise if Sky Poker banned someone who qualified fair & square, as Marc & Andy did?

There are no easy, straightforward, answers to these little dilemmas.

"Strange"?

Yes, on the face of it.

Not quite as straightforward as you seem to think, though.

I gotta go, an evening with Miss Fowler awaits.

Please, all of you, remember that, sometimes, there are more to these things than meets the eye.

And to reiterate, I hope Andy does really well @ UKPC - nobody will rail & cheer him harder than me. And if his name pops up on one of tonight's televised Tables, I'll say the same thing again - "good luck Andy". And mean it.    

• edited February 2015

By the way.

Andy will get the full TSP VIP treatment at UKPC from all connected with the Business.

And I will try to broker ANOTHER meet between Andy and the Suits.

Chance of success? Dunno. 30% maybe?

Personally, I think that is a better way forward than uninformed forum speculation.

Have a lovely Sunday evening, all of you.
  • edited February 2015
      I gotta go, an evening with Miss Fowler awaits.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Into each life some rain MUST fall
    Some days must be dark and dreary!

;-)
  • edited February 2015

Update.....

Overnight, Andy sent me a lengthy PM elsewhere, which I now need to reply to. 

He clarified certain things, & made his views known to me. 

And so it goes on.........

I shall continue to try & get his chat reinstated, & I think it best if I leave it like that. The whole sorry episode began with a "rant" (that was Andy's word for it, not mine) against the Business. Such things are always going to end badly, & end up causing all sorts of ill-feeling. It's better if we don't "rant" publically, & if we do, there is generally going to be a bill to pay.

I understand the warmth towards Andy, which I share, & I shall continue to see if I can assist him. But I think it is wrong that the blame for this episode is being laid at the door of Sky Poker by those who don't know the whole story. 

• edited February 2015

On a more cheerful note, in last night's £3,500 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter.....

Jac352520001£577.50 + £395.78 Head Prizes10

Very well done & congrats to Paul NTTP Jackson.
  • edited February 2015

Hey Paul....according to your pm you are 'struggling' ATM with poker.....

......hope I struggle as bad as you soon ;)

Nice result last night. Not so good result Saturday though. Mickey Mouse cup anyway.
  • edited February 2015
    On reflection, I probably shouldn't have posted what I did yesterday. 
    Apologies to Andy and all concerned. 

On a positive note, at least it made me realise that a few of you read this :)
  • edited February 2015
    Hey Paul....according to your pm you are 'struggling' ATM with poker..... ......hope I struggle as bad as you soon ;) Nice result last night. Not so good result Saturday though. Mickey Mouse cup anyway.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Funny old gamr innit Al!
    At least I always keep my head ;)

After a hideous couple of hours, at 9.00 last night I wanted to pack in pokerr for good. I'd maturely resorted to caps messagimg a friend with stuff like "I HATE POKER" and "I'M NOT GOING TO NOTTINGHAM" I was over £200 down at this point.

I regged the 9pm and loaded some 50nl tables up. By 11 I had a decent stack in the £55 and had just about recovered my earlier losses. So now I was pretty happy.

By 1ish I'd just gone around £900 up on the night. I ran stupidly well, there was no skill whatsoever. Even you could have won it!

"I LOVE POKER" ;)