You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I had just noticed that one Paul Jackson had bust pre bubble
    and one was still in, post bubble.

I was afraid to ask.

GL
  • edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Crazy session.  Unfortunately Adam (bromley04) pat (day4eire) and Jon (hhy) bust out. In the first 4 levels we've lost over half the field. I got really lucky and quickly got a seat move. I was massively outclassed on my first table. Joined quite a short stacked table who were all playing pretty snug. Managed to nick a lot and I'm under average stack but reasonably comfortable. I've got 439k and average is 569k. Didn't realise this but the bubble burst on the last hand when 9 went out.  So min cash is £250 and the next jump is 175. 207 left We've just returned.
    Posted by Jac35
    Pat went back with 24k (2bb and 4 antes!), myself with 452k.....Pat outlasts me. To say I didn't get any momentum today would be an understatement ;)

gl jac and any other Sky players still lurking.
  • edited February 2015
    And we're Busto!

Not to worry. Absolutely loved the weekend. It has been run wonderfully as usual by Sky and Dtd.
    Came 100th out of 2357 so that's not too bad.
    Cashed for £400

Cheers for comments everyone
  • edited February 2015
    Another good live performance mate...there's only one Paul Jackson in my book.

Good to see you too. Hope you manage to find some way to enable a beer next weekend...you usually do.
  • edited February 2015
    still a nice run bro ul hope u had a great day
  • edited February 2015
    And we're Busto! Not to worry. Absolutely loved the weekend. It has been run wonderfully as usual by Sky and Dtd. Came 100th out of 2357 so that's not too bad. Cashed for £400 Cheers for comments everyone
    Posted by Jac35
    Great post Jac nice one.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Pat went back with 24k (2bb and 4 antes!), myself with 452k.....Pat outlasts me. To say I didn't get any momentum today would be an understatement ;) gl jac and any other Sky players still lurking.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I think you'll find I outlasted you too, mate ;)
  • edited February 2015
    It was great to see some forum regs over the weekend. Apologies to anyone I  miss.

I spent most of my time with Day4eire and hhyftdr. Pat is brilliant company.
    Nice to see Frascati again. Nearly 2 years since we met at Birmingham (did I ever tell you who won that weekend?)
    Enjoyed chatting to Slipwater. I did feel a bit for Brian though. He was pipped for 1st place by Ivan in the fancy dress competition. He just couldn't compete with the Superman costume.

Had the pleasure of bumping into the nicest pair in poker, Sylvia Hewitt. Sorry, I don't know where that came from. I meant to say the wonderful Adam and Natalie. Bizarrely, Natalie said I was a real diva on this thread. Might do a rant post about that later.

Saw Mewillows, he's a really nice bloke who has taken the smart decision to have the family holiday in the East Midlands this year.

Then to round off the weekend nicely, I woke up to see that that wily old fox Maxally had noticed all the good players were away and had entered the roller. Incredibly, he then won it. Just goes to show that on occasions just about anyone can win at poker.
    Absolutely delighted for you Alan

• edited February 2015
    I spent most of my time with Day4eire and hhyftdr. Pat is brilliant company. 
    Posted by Jac35

Thin rub?

WP in the mini.

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Thin rub? WP in the mini.
    Posted by Phantom66
    More rubs than that mega brothel in Germany, featured on a channel 4 documentary recently....so I'm told anyway ;)
  • edited February 2015
    There are some things that happen when you're playing live that you just don't see online.

I was having a brief chat with Tikay when a hand developed involving hhyftdr.
    There was a raise followed by a couple of calls. Hhyftdr then 3bet from the button. One by one they folded and then, hhyftdr with a beaming smile on his face and panting a bit like an eager little puppy, flipped over 10 4. He looked crestfallen when Tikay didn't gasp with admiration at the brilliance of the chunky little maestros play.

Later on a really nice lad with a ton of chips arrived at my table. He managed to lose half of them pretty quickly. He ordered some food and joked that he might be out by the time it arrived. Fortunately, he was wrong, just! The river was being dealt on his final hand as it turned up. With a bit of frustration he swung his arm sending his plate hurtling to the floor along with about 70% of his food. The other 30% landed on the player next to him.

About 15 years ago when I first started I played a hand so badly that I thought it would be impossible to match. I limped along with aces and checked all the way to the river and called a small bet.
    On Saturday I matched it. With what was probably 95% the nuts on the river I flat called a big bet. Cue some real stick from the players on my table. I disappeared for a smoke in embarrassment. On my return I was informed by hhyftdr that he'd checked with the floor to see if I should get an orbit penalty for calling with the nuts! :)

• edited February 2015
    There are some things that happen when you're playing live that you just don't see online. I was having a brief chat with Tikay when a hand developed involving hhyftdr. There was a raise followed by a couple of calls. Hhyftdr then 3bet from the button. One by one they folded and then, hhyftdr with a beaming smile on his face and panting a bit like an eager little puppy, flipped over 10 4. He looked crestfallen when Tikay didn't gasp with admiration at the brilliance of the chunky little maestros play. Later on a really nice lad with a ton of chips arrived at my table. He managed to lose half of them pretty quickly. He ordered some food and joked that he might be out by the time it arrived. Fortunately, he was wrong, just! The river was being dealt on his final hand as it turned up. With a bit of frustration he swung his arm sending his plate hurtling to the floor along with about 70% of his food. The other 30% landed on the player next to him. About 15 years ago when I first started I played a hand so badly that I thought it would be impossible to match. I limped along with aces and checked all the way to the river and called a small bet. On Saturday I matched it. With what was probably 95% the nuts on the river I flat called a big bet. Cue some real stick from the players on my table. I disappeared for a smoke in embarrassment. On my return I was informed by hhyftdr that he'd checked with the floor to see if I should get an orbit penalty for calling with the nuts! :)

Posted by Jac35

Sure the guy wasn't a girl, and it was PaulaPants (well she is called freds) chucking her pizza into the mix?

lol@ chunky... may dine on this for weeks :)

• edited February 2015
    Quality stuff, love the tales from the Sky live games :)

Are you playing / at DTD for the main event over the weekend?
  • edited February 2015
    There are some things that happen when you're playing live that you just don't see online. I was having a brief chat with Tikay when a hand developed involving hhyftdr. There was a raise followed by a couple of calls. Hhyftdr then 3bet from the button. One by one they folded and then, hhyftdr with a beaming smile on his face and panting a bit like an eager little puppy, flipped over 10 4. He looked crestfallen when Tikay didn't gasp with admiration at the brilliance of the chunky little maestros play. Later on a really nice lad with a ton of chips arrived at my table. He managed to lose half of them pretty quickly. He ordered some food and joked that he might be out by the time it arrived. Fortunately, he was wrong, just! The river was being dealt on his final hand as it turned up. With a bit of frustration he swung his arm sending his plate hurtling to the floor along with about 70% of his food. The other 30% landed on the player next to him. About 15 years ago when I first started I played a hand so badly that I thought it would be impossible to match. I limped along with aces and checked all the way to the river and called a small bet. On Saturday I matched it. With what was probably 95% the nuts on the river I flat called a big bet. Cue some real stick from the players on my table. I disappeared for a smoke in embarrassment. On my return I was informed by hhyftdr that he'd checked with the floor to see if I should get an orbit penalty for calling with the nuts! :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Come on old man, at least report the hand properly. There was 2 limpers and I iso raised them. And it was 10 4s. And Tikay later, privately, praised me for my bold, brave move. One of them folded A4 apparently, so I was as crushed as someone with Sam25 sat on them.
  • edited February 2015
    Great catching up again pal. Very well played minus the slowroll : )

Nice to meet up again with the Bromleys , Jamie , Tommy , and Tony.

And to meet Neil , Slip, Wesley and Harry.

All really nice people and hope to do it all again soon.

Best part of the weekend making day 2 with 2bbs lol and spinning up to average stack before losing it AA v KK about 40 from cash.

Best dressed at the weekend Slipwater v Wesley (FIvanoic) : )

Best quotes Jac being called a dive (only joking)

Best actual quote after someone 5 bet shoved into me holding AA " you must have had some table image"

It was great to see some forum regs over the weekend. Apologies to anyone I  miss. I spent most of my time with Day4eire and hhyftdr. Pat is brilliant company. Nice to see Frascati again. Nearly 2 years since we met at Birmingham (did I ever tell you who won that weekend?) Enjoyed chatting to Slipwater. I did feel a bit for Brian though. He was pipped for 1st place by Ivan in the fancy dress competition. He just couldn't compete with the Superman costume. Had the pleasure of bumping into the nicest pair in poker, Sylvia Hewitt. Sorry, I don't know where that came from. I meant to say the wonderful Adam and Natalie. Bizarrely, Natalie said I was a real diva on this thread. Might do a rant post about that later. Saw Mewillows, he's a really nice bloke who has taken the smart decision to have the family holiday in the East Midlands this year. Then to round off the weekend nicely, I woke up to see that that wily old fox Maxally had noticed all the good players were away and had entered the roller. Incredibly, he then won it. Just goes to show that on occasions just about anyone can win at poker. Absolutely delighted for you Alan
    Posted by Jac35
  • edited March 2015
    Hi Paul,

How's Penny doing?

I thought of you two as I caught up with an old friend the other day whom I had lost contact with. Is a real high flyer. Find out they've been diagnosed with MS - primary progressive - which as you know isn't good. They were amazingly upbeat considering which left me speechless. What fortitude. Is there any hope of a cure being developed?
  • edited March 2015
    Hi Paul, How's Penny doing? I thought of you two as I caught up with an old friend the other day whom I had lost contact with. Is a real high flyer. Find out they've been diagnosed with MS - primary progressive - which as you know isn't good. They were amazingly upbeat considering which left me speechless. What fortitude. Is there any hope of a cure being developed?
    Posted by GELDY
    Hi Robert

I'm really sorry to hear the news about your friend. Yes, I'm afraid that a primary progressive diagnosis isn't good but it's wonderful to hear of your friends reaction. Mental strength is so important. One thing that may be of some comfort to you is that your friends condition may well plateau for a period.
    There is no cure presently but they are working very, very hard to find one. 

Thanks for asking about Penny. She's doing well at the moment.
  • edited March 2015
    Anyone know where the back of the net is?
    We're a bit short of strikers as the most crucial time of the season arrives. Still think I could do a job myself but I'm not allowed to pop down to Brighton tonight sadly. Was sorely tempted to go.

I go to the home matches with my brother-in-law and my niece and nephew. They enjoy it but I'm not too sure that Kate really understands what's going on. She believed us when we told her that our star striker was also the front man for the dreadful Coldplay. At the game last week she asked me something that she said she couldn't ask her Dad because he might take the mickey.
    "If someone ran on the pitch and got the ball and scored, would it count?"

Hardly played at all since the UKPC. Just not had any urge to play at all. Just the odd Dym here and there.
    More worryingly, I've only been out for a beer once. Last night I did something I very, very rarely do. I drunk a bit at home. Well, a lot actually. I railed the end of the dtds watching the Outlaws proper dominate like. At the time I felt that I was being mildly amusing in the chatbox. The likelihood however is that I was just a bit annoying :)
    Our chubby funster won it overall and was pretty unlucky not to win one of them at the very least from what I can recall.

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Come on old man, at least report the hand properly. There was 2 limpers and I iso raised them. And it was 10 4s. And Tikay later, privately, praised me for my bold, brave move. One of them folded A4 apparently, so I was as crushed as someone with Sam25 sat on them.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I was in awe.

Awe.
  • edited March 2015

RIP Dave Mackay.

One of a handful truly great players I have seen in my lifetime.

His career was behind him - or so everyone except Brian Clough thought - when he signed for Derby County.

And this might just be one of the greatest sporting photographs ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mackay

• edited March 2015
    I heard the news about Dave Mackay this morning. It's very sad.
    Legend seems to be thrown around all over the place these days. Dave Mackay was a true legend at Derby.
    The story behind that picture was that Mackay was convinced that Bremner had tried to injure him. He'd gone for the leg that he's broken twice previously. 
    My Aunt actually knew him well. She'll be very very upset this morning.
  • edited March 2015
    I heard the news about Dave Mackay this morning. It's very sad. Legend seems to be thrown around all over the place these days. Dave Mackay was a true legend at Derby. The story behind that picture was that Mackay was convinced that Bremner had tried to injure him. He'd gone for the leg that he's broken twice previously.  My Aunt actually knew him well. She'll be very very upset this morning.
    Posted by Jac35
    Nobody - nobody - messed with Dave Mackay.

Times were different then, of course, "crunch tackles" were the order of the day, & we had players like Norman "bites yer leg" Hunter who were feared by all.

And if anyone took any liberties with Dave Mackay, they soon knew about it, & would be left in a heap, on the floor.

He was not a dirty player as such, just a real man. None of this sneaky ankle tapping stuff, "not me Ref", if Dave tackled you, you stayed tackled.

Dive? He never dived in his life, but a good few dived out of his way when his ire was up.

Sad news, but I was surprised to read he was 80, so I guess he had a full 90 minutes plus some injury time to enjoy.

• edited March 2015
    Anyone know where the back of the net is? We're a bit short of strikers as the most crucial time of the season arrives. Still think I could do a job myself but I'm not allowed to pop down to Brighton tonight sadly. Was sorely tempted to go. I go to the home matches with my brother-in-law and my niece and nephew. They enjoy it but I'm not too sure that Kate really understands what's going on. She believed us when we told her that our star striker was also the front man for the dreadful Coldplay. At the game last week she asked me something that she said she couldn't ask her Dad because he might take the mickey. "If someone ran on the pitch and got the ball and scored, would it count?" ..... Hardly played at all since the UKPC. Just not had any urge to play at all. Just the odd Dym here and there. .... More worryingly, I've only been out for a beer once. Last night I did something I very, very rarely do. I drunk a bit at home. Well, a lot actually. I railed the end of the dtds watching the Outlaws proper dominate like. At the time I felt that I was being mildly amusing in the chatbox. The likelihood however is that I was just a bit annoying :) Our chubby funster won it overall and was pretty unlucky not to win one of them at the very least from what I can recall.
    Posted by Jac35

I thought someone had hacked your account, the Jac35 we know is 'never' funny :)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I was in awe. Awe.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ChunkyChops may just explode at this, Tikay.

And RIP DM.
  • edited March 2015
    Yes Jac, you were very annoying and a complete embarrassment to the team. I hope Tash has a firm word in your ear.

Morning Tikay :)
  • edited March 2015
    You know i love challenges Paul
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I thought someone had hacked your account, the Jac35 we know is 'never' funny :)
    Posted by samantha25
    think you're in the wrong team mate
    the rest of us know that jac is a very sociable and amusing chappie who could give Paul TPP Jackson a good run for his money
  • edited March 2015
    loads of lols for predictive text
    when i wrote 
    Paul TPP
    my predictive text on my phone suggested
    Jackson for the next word
    i wonder if it would have done the same if i had typed NTPP instead

• edited March 2015
    Thanks for helping me with my challenge Paul
    beat Harry to 4000
    and this is post 4000
    ofc it's an easy challenge when the opponent isn't actually playing