You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Just noticed
    I've been writing this tripe for getting on for 4 years.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Just noticed I've been writing this tripe (on and off) for getting on for 4 years.
    Posted by Jac35
    FYP.

• edited June 2016
    Derby in talks with Nigel Pearson. Hideous turrd of a man. May well be successful but don't want that kind of person leading us.As you may have guessed, I'm not a huge fan.
    Posted by Jac35
    Surely a small amount of happiness at least, from the fact that the majority of Forest fans had him top of their wish-list but our useless owner messed up again and left the door open for Derby to nip in?

A 'waccy' wedding where you know none of the guests sounds appalling.  You run too bad.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Surely a small amount of happiness at least, from the fact that the majority of Forest fans had him top of their wish-list but our useless owner messed up again and left the door open for Derby to nip in? A 'waccy' wedding where you know none of the guests sounds appalling.  You run too bad.
    Posted by shakinaces
    Wedding was ok actually.
    Weather was perfect and some decent people there. A couple of drinks over the day helped as well.

Got back about 9.00 and with the boy fast asleep I decided to play some poker. Won the majority of my dyms but lost the higher ones I played and so made a small loss there.
    Played the 9.30bh and came 2nd in that. Had a 5 to 1 chiplead heads up but didn't run well at that stage. Last hand was aces for me against his 56.
    No probs though. £270 profit on the night and a good day all round. Had a quick Dym session on Friday night and made £60 so no grumbles with the poker for once

A bit tempted to crack on with double points tonight but am going to Derby rebuy instead. Off work tomorrow so I'm sure they'll be a couple of drinks involved again tonight.
    Forecast good for tomorrow. Golf :)

Love summer
  • edited June 2016
    One of the nicest and most popular forum members is over in Vegas at the moment (no, not  Hhy)

Pat cashed in the collosus yesterday :)
  • edited June 2016
    One of the nicest and most popular forum members is over in Vegas at the moment (no, not  Hhy) Pat cashed in the collosus yesterday :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Hearing this genuinely made my day. VWP Pat.
  • edited June 2016
    Hi Jac

I have only recently discovered the forum and yours is one of the most enjoyable threads I have come across so far.
    Many have said before, it's real, readable and easier to digest than the dry hand analysis threads.

I'm also a victim of golf handicap of 13.2 until you put a medal card in my hand ............4th tee rush of blood to the head. Very similar to my poker. How many times have I gone from banker to w****r in 3 hands or holes? 

Finally trying to take this game more seriously and try to learn how to plug some of my many leaks.

I hope to get to know some of the members in Vegas as I fluked a seat through the insane half time tournament week before last.

If the forum is anything to go by you all seem like a really good bunch.

• edited June 2016
    Hi Jac I have only recently discovered the forum and yours is one of the most enjoyable threads I have come across so far. Many have said before, it's real, readable and easier to digest than the dry hand analysis threads. I'm also a victim of golf handicap of 13.2 until you put a medal card in my hand ............4th tee rush of blood to the head. Very similar to my poker. How many times have I gone from banker to w****r in 3 hands or holes?   Finally trying to take this game more seriously and try to learn how to plug some of my many leaks. I hope to get to know some of the members in Vegas as I fluked a seat through the insane half time tournament week before last. If the forum is anything to go buy you all seem like a really good bunch.
    Posted by spik1966
    Thank you very much spikk. It really makes it worthwhile when I read comments likes that.
    Best of luck to you in Vegas. You'll have a great time. Sky will look after you very well and there are some great people like TimmyRaRa and Donttelmum there as well. They'll ensure that you're fine.
    Make sure you keep us updated on how it all goes.

Had to edit your name. Stupid forum filters :)
  • edited June 2016
    Thanks guys . Playing a couple of smaller things tomorrow  with another sky player (Alex)who I met over here . 

Happy as a xxx in xxxx

• edited June 2016
    Thanks guys . Playing a couple of smaller things tomorrow  with another sky player (Alex)who I met over here .  Happy as a xxx in xxxx
    Posted by day4eire76
    Had to check my son Alex was in his room when I read this :). Delighted for you Pat, well played my good man.
  • edited June 2016
    Have to agree with the new chap, certainly one of the better reads on here, Am glad I put my thread on the rail section , hard to compete  ;)must endeavour to post more often on your great thread Paul.
  • edited June 2016
  • edited June 2016
    Played the rebuy on Sunday night. Didn't cash. Bust 4 short of the money 88 v AQ. No complaints, standard stuff.
    Played cash until 4am and booked a small win to make it a breakeven night. Well breakeven if you don't include alcohol consumption.

Bit of golf on Monday. Not as good but we're still getting there. 81, so played to my handicap.
    Afternoon off yesterday and did big sleeps. So arranged pub at night as felt almost human for once.
    Text 10 minutes before leaving
    "Sorry mate, gonna have to leave it. Arrrse like a tap"

Marv

Played a few mtts instead. Did ok.
    Won a mtt (well actually it was a stt). Absentmindedly regged a £5 deepstack. For all those who say we need more deepstacks, this got 5 runners.
    Doubt Sky will see the need to put more in the lobby.

More golf this afternoon and then, subject to an arrsse, pub tonight 

Love summer :)
  • edited June 2016
    Did anyone see the Shearer programme on Euro96?

I thought it was really good and it brought back a lot of memories.
    The Holland game was one of the best England performances that I've ever seen. To be honest, other than that we were pretty average despite arguably having the best team in the tournament.
    The Spanish should have knocked us out. Two perfectly good goals ruled out.

The Pearce celebration was amazing. I loved Pearce back then even though he did play for Forest. I hear him now though and i groan. I didn't realise that he wasn't English. I can't understand a word he says.

Not a huge fan of Paul Ince, even less of a fan of his son, but I'm not sure why they got into him so much. Didn't really go with the programme which was a feel good thing.

Feel good mostly 
    So sad seeing Gascoigne the way he is now.
    Without a doubt the best English footballer that I've ever seen. He was half the player in Euro96 that he had been in Italy 6 years earlier but he was still capable of brilliance. The Scotland goal and celebration :)

It was great that it was against Scotland but rubbish at the same time it was against Scotland.
    It would have been even better against a proper International side rather than some amateurs.
  • edited June 2016
    Did anyone see the Shearer programme on Euro96? I thought it was really good and it brought back a lot of memories. The Holland game was one of the best England performances that I've ever seen. To be honest, other than that we were pretty average despite arguably having the best team in the tournament. The Spanish should have knocked us out. Two perfectly good goals ruled out. The Pearce celebration was amazing. I loved Pearce back then even though he did play for Forest. I hear him now though and i groan. I didn't realise that he wasn't English. I can't understand a word he says. Not a huge fan of Paul Ince, even less of a fan of his son, but I'm not sure why they got into him so much. Didn't really go with the programme which was a feel good thing. Feel good mostly  So sad seeing Gascoigne the way he is now. Without a doubt the best English footballer that I've ever seen. He was half the player in Euro96 that he had been in Italy 6 years earlier but he was still capable of brilliance. The Scotland goal and celebration :) It was great that it was against Scotland but rubbish at the same time it was against Scotland. It would have been even better against a proper International side rather than some amateurs.
    Posted by Jac35
    Almost, almost, almost a goad post......Glad you enjoyed the show, unfortunately I missed it as I had to wash my hair
  • edited June 2016
  • edited June 2016
    Before I was born
    Did you win it?
  • edited June 2016
    Before I was born Did you win it?
    Posted by Jac35

We did but we just don't talk about it, as its that long ago, I men who would go on and on about a win from years ago?
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : We did but we just don't talk about it, as its that long ago, I men who would go on and on about a win from years ago?
    Posted by HENDRIK62

'The older I get, the better I used to be'.  :)
  • edited June 2016
    On a 'buzz' going to the rebuy in Derby. I live in the posh part of Derby so we get posh buzzes with free wifi. Good job. I have a rather large of data each month but  Peppa Pig seems to take up a lot of data on YouTube on car journeys.

I deserve the rebuy

Up at 6.45 to catch the latest episode of Paw Patrol. 

Went for brunch at a place on the recommendation of Camp David at the hairdressers. Got there and it looked very nice. One problem, we hadn't booked. I guessed it was because of Fathers Day but apparently not. You just have to book. Pity you missed that bit out Camp!

This meant that we missed the brunch menu at the Book Cafe and so had to have dinner there. It was fancy crapp that didn't actually taste very nice. GG £40.

Book Cafe is in the Cornmarket which used to be nice. Not now. Rough as arseholles. Harry was about 10 yards ahead of me and ran into a shop doorway, he calls them tunnels. He proceeded to shout "HELLO!" In a sleeping tramps ear. Fortunately the now fully  awake tramp didn't say anything although he did look a trifle annoyed by it all. £2 to buy some beer seemed to pacify him somewhat.

Mopped floors, hoovered and generally cleaned this afternoon while the boy has visited his Grandparent for Gramdfathers Day. Really?

I deserve the rebuy. I deserve to win the rebuy or at the very least hold at cash when someone decides KQ is worthy of ainpf for £200 against my Aces at cash.

Drunk updates will no doubt follow
    Good luck all tonight
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : We did but we just don't talk about it, as its that long ago, I men who would go on and on about a win from years ago?
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Does Cubilas ring any bells? :) I'm too old.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Does Cubilas ring any bells? :) I'm too old.
    Posted by tomgoodun

You just had to go there......
  • edited June 2016
    In for £720 so far tonight

Just had it all in pre with AK and turned K. River brought 3rd club and £425 went the other way. J 10 seemed well worth 3 bet shoving for £200 pre when the river came.

Kind of the story of the night.

Been thinking about this for a while. I've tried but I've  failed. As I'm only talking to myself these days, I think it's time to end the diary 

Good luck all
  • edited June 2016

^^^^^

Noooooooo.

Lots of readers, just not many replies.

Keep posting.
  • edited June 2016
    Hi jac

Keep posting jac i read this diary and have done since you started it although i don't post much on here.

I think its one of the best diarys on here.

If Carlsberg did diarys this would be probably the best diary on sky :)