You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1,000 Poker Points -----> £1,000 Can it be done? ****Yes**** Latest balance £1,089.01 :

Comments

• edited September 2013

Just spotted this in that International FR lobby. WD mate! I min cashed for a tenner which will pay for my poker games tonight. Gotta love free cash :)

GaryQQQ10357.5068£25.89
  • edited September 2013
    well done and im gutted i missed out on this! Had to settle for £3 in the £500 one!
  • edited September 2013

Day 245

Closing Balance £699.94

Up £4.68 today

I didn't actually play any poker today, my balance increased because my August Rewards payment was credited to my account.

Day 246

Closing Balance
    £723.22

Up £23.28
    today

I didn't have time to commit to any MTTs this afternoon so I entered a few STTs instead. It started well in the cheap games, but as has been the case every time during this challenge so far things went pear-shaped as soon as I moved up to the £10 (+ fee) level. I entered two soft £11 DYMs but managed to bubble both. I'd carefully selected weak tables and don't think I made any mistakes, so I don't regret entering the games which I still consider to have been a +ev decision. I made amends somewhat with a win in a £10.50 HU match.

As noticed by Maxally the £5K International Freeroll went pretty well for me. Usually I avoid timed tournaments like the plague, however this one was irresistible due to the large guarantee which represented an expected value of £5 per entrant. At the end of the hour my chips were worth a very useful £25.89. I gradually chipped-up throughout playing tight aggressive poker, winning lots of small pots and without being involved in any 'all-in and called' situations.

My only regular MTT of the day was the Mini, a fun roller-coaster ride for me. I enjoyed a bright start with an early head-prize and double the average in chips. However my stack dwindled during a mid-stages card-dead spell, then I was left on fumes (9BB) when an opponent holding QT didn't believe my check/raise with AsJs on an 842 flop with two spades. He had no showdown value or draw but somehow caught one of his four outs while I missed all my re-draws.

However luck quickly swung the other way; I won two pair holding against over-card aipf races within the next orbit. Soon after that I sucked out big-time when I squeeze/shoved my KQ over a limper trapping with AK to get myself back in the game. I was an above average again for only two hands though. An opponent played his K8o teribly but managed to double off my AJ with x8xA on the board when he rivered two pairs. After that hand I was uncomfortably short with the bubble approaching so took a few risks to chip-up, including three open-shoves in four hands at one point, then a 3-bet shove with KJo over a player who had me well covered just three spots from the money (he folded).

Post bubble I enjoyed a heater for a while, climbing to above average again and taking my second and third head-prizes. It wasn't destined to last though. My demise came when my open with K5 was flatted by a player holding J9s on the SB. He completely whiffed the flop, but decided to call my c-bets and got there by making a runner-runner flush to crack my two pairs. To rub salt in the would he busted me in the next hand by calling my open shove with the mighty 23o, I held QJo. No complaints though; I wanted him to make those calls against the odds and I have to remember I got lucky earlier with my KQ outdrawing AK aipf.

It was a disappointing end to the session I suppose, falling so close to the big money in the Mini, however I enjoyed my poker today and finish on a new highest balance. I'll take it :)

September Poker Points 120 (£1.20)

Today’s
    results;

(£25.89 Freeroll win missing from the database)

8327467 H NL B 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 07/09/2013 20:15 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.5 24/558 £10.04 8329569 H NL ST,HU 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 07/09/2013 17:53 NL Hold'em  £10 + £0.5 1/2 £9.5 8329551 H NL ST,HU 0.05 GBP SkyPoker 07/09/2013 17:50 NL Hold'em  £1 + £0.05 2/2 -£1.05 8329475 H NL 6MX,DN 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 07/09/2013 17:45 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.5 4/6 -£5.5 8329272 H NL 6MX,DN 1.0 GBP SkyPoker 07/09/2013 16:54 NL Hold'em  £10 + £1 4/6 -£11 8329183 H NL 6MX,DN 1.0 GBP SkyPoker 07/09/2013 16:02 NL Hold'em  £10 + £1 4/6 -£11 8328958 H NL T,HU 0.1 GBP <p style="font-size:6pt;font-family:'Segoe UI',Tahoma,Verdana,'Sans-Serif';vertical-align:baseline;font-weight:normal;color:windowtext;font-style:normal;text-align:center;background-color:transparent;text-indent:0px;" class="Para
  • edited September 2013
    SO IMPRESSED !!!!!!!! 
  • edited September 2013
    keep meaning to folow this - Its ruddy imprssesive and the BRM is ecellent

I heard you have done a cpl of vids on youtube. I tried 2 myself with my 1st webcam webcam but someone said you may be able to kelp as its all over the place

T51 FTW

(Someone has suggested using "Fraps" . Not sure how easy it is" and if its worth it

GL with with more on your diary but i can only see it carrting on North

Paul
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 1,000 Poker Points -----> £1,000 Can it be done? Latest balance £723.22:
    keep meaning to folow this - Its ruddy imprssesive and the BRM is ecellent I heard you have done a cpl of vids on youtube. I tried 2 myself with my 1st webcam webcam but someone said you may be able to kelp as its all over the place T51 FTW (Someone has suggested using "Fraps" . Not sure how easy it is" and if its worth it GL with with more on your diary but i can only see it carrting on North  Paul
    Posted by MP33
    Thanks Dubmaster and MP33.

I find Camtasia the easiest way to make screen-recordings of online poker, it's very easy to use and you get excellent results. I'll send you a PM about this.
  • edited September 2013
     Day 247

Closing Balance
    £719.49

Down £3.73
    today

It was just the two morning £3.30 Bounty Hunters for me today. No joy, though I had the consolation of a head prize in the 9-45 in which I ran fairly deep. I was caught out squeezing against the wrong person with the bubble looming; an UTG limper with pocket AA. Fair play to him, his trap caught me out, notes were updated accordingly. My late stages sqeeze plays are very profitable on the whole, though nothing is guaranteed to work every time and every now and then you're left looking like a fool.

I should point out that open-limping pocket AA from UTG is a risky play too. Limps can be contageous, if you end up seeing the flop four or five ways you're in a very awkward spot and out of position.

September Poker Points 126 (£1.26)

Today’s
    results;  

8330273 H NL B 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 08/09/2013 10:45 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 57/87 -£3.3 8330013 H NL B 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 08/09/2013 09:45 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 20/101 -£0.43
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 1,000 Poker Points -----> £1,000 Can it be done? Latest balance £723.22:
    In Response to Re: 1,000 Poker Points ----- /> £1,000 Can it be done? Latest balance £723.22 : Thanks Dubmaster and MP33. I find Camtasia the easiest way to make screen-recordings of online poker, it's very easy to use and you get excellent results. I'll send you a PM about this.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Hi gary. Ive been using a program to record sessions but it exportsin a format not recognised by youtube.  I did look for converters but they usually had nasty malware bundled in with them. I take it camista can export to youtube? Any advice appreciated. I would like to be able to upload so people can review some of my sessions.

Cheers,
    TEDDY

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 1,000 Poker Points ----- /> £1,000 Can it be done? Latest balance £723.22 : Hi gary. Ive been using a program to record sessions but it exportsin a format not recognised by youtube.  I did look for converters but they usually had nasty malware bundled in with them. I take it camista can export to youtube? Any advice appreciated. I would like to be able to upload so people can review some of my sessions.  Cheers, TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Hiya, yes Camtasia has a very easy to use screen-recorder that creates videos that can be uploaded to Youtube. It's not cheap software unfortunately.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address if you want more advice (My PMs don't work, I see what gets sent to me in the e-mail notifications, however I can't reply without an e-mail address).
  • edited September 2013
    cmon Gary, nearly !
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 1,000 Poker Points -----> £1,000 Can it be done? Latest balance £719.49:
    cmon Gary, nearly !
    Posted by rancid
    I'm trying!

My volume is going to be very low for the next fortnight, which will include 6 or 7 days away. After that I'm gonna have a good crack at closing this thing out :)

• edited September 2013
    Day 248

Closing Balance
    £714.24

Down £5.25
    today

No luck for me in three Bounty Hunters today. I didn't get the cards to work with too often and when I did it didn't work out too well including an exit hand in which my pocket AA was outdrawn aipf by KK for a huge pot.

A cash in an £11 DYM saved the day from being a total blank. The DYMs at the £11 level are surprisingly soft. Some of the regs who make a small positive ROI are uber-tight, too tight in my opinion, you also get at least one loose canon at most tables playing far too many hands. I'm pretty sure they're easily beatable as long as you practise table selection, I'm tempted to mix a few more into my schedule.

September Poker Points 153 (£1.53)

Today’s
    results;  

8336673 H NL 6MX,DN 1.0 GBP SkyPoker 09/09/2013 17:05 NL Hold'em  £10 + £1 1/6 £9 8336699 H NL 6MX,DN 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 09/09/2013 17:02 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 4/6 -£3.3 8335207 H NL B 0.75 GBP SkyPoker 09/09/2013 14:30 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.75 18/79 -£5.75 8334146 H NL B 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 09/09/2013 10:45 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 55/75 -£3.3 8333828 H NL B 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 09/09/2013 09:45 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 31/93 -£1.9
  • edited September 2013
    Interesting about the Dyms Gary.
    I actually disagree a bit here. When I first started on Sky a couple of years ago I did think the £11's were pretty soft. I personally think they have got tougher with less players doing the all in thing first level on A 10 8 flops with Ace 3.
    Just read again and take your point though that if you're table selecting then you can probably find weak line ups. Leak for me is that I just reg everything without looking.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 1,000 Poker Points -----> £1,000 Can it be done? Latest balance £719.49:
    Interesting about the Dyms Gary. I actually disagree a bit here. When I first started on Sky a couple of years ago I did think the £11's were pretty soft. I personally think they have got tougher with less players doing the all in thing first level on A 10 8 flops with Ace 3. .. Just read again and take your point though that if you're table selecting then you can probably find weak line ups. Leak for me is that I just reg everything without looking.
    Posted by Jac35
    As a DYM reg I'm sure you've got a much better idea than me. Though maybe it varies according to time of day, I've never seen your name in any of the lobbies I've looked at in the afternoon.

On the few occasions I've looked most of the £11 games are going off with at least one player with an average ROI of -20% or worse, and there are nearly always more losing players than winning players in the starting six.

Some of the tight regs seem a bit too tight for their own good to me. Yesterday I saw a winning reg (+6% av ROI) fold his BB to a min-raise on the bubble from a loose cannon who was using his big stack to open just about every pot. Blinds were 150/300, he had blinded down to 575 chips before posting his blind, so was left with 275 on the SB and forced to play any two cards and hope to win against three opponents all happy to check it down.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
     Small blind  150.00 150.00 1615.00
    tight reg Big blind  300.00 450.00 275.00
      Your hole cards
    • J

loose cannonRaise  600.00 1050.00 6230.00
    GaryQQQ Fold     
     Fold     
    tight reg Fold     
     Muck     
     Win  750.00  6980.00
     Return  300.00 0.00 7280.00
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 1,000 Poker Points ----- /> £1,000 Can it be done? Latest balance £719.49 : As a DYM reg I'm sure you've got a much better idea than me. Though maybe it varies according to time of day, I've never seen your name in any of the lobbies I've looked at in the afternoon. On the few occasions I've looked most of the £11 games are going off with at least one player with an average ROI of -20% or worse, and there are nearly always more losing players than winning players in the starting six. Some of the tight regs seem a bit too tight for their own good to me. Yesterday I saw a winning reg fold his BB to a min-raise on the bubble from a loose cannon who was using his big stack to open every pot. Blinds were 150/300, he had blinded down to 575 chips before posting his blind, so was left with 275 on the SB and forced to play any two cards and hope to win against three opponents all happy to check it round. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance   Small blind   150.00 150.00 1615.00 tight reg  Big blind   300.00 450.00 275.00   Your hole cards J 10        loose cannon Raise   600.00 1050.00 6230.00 GaryQQQ Fold           Fold         tight reg  Fold           Muck           Win   750.00   6980.00   Return   300.00 0.00 7280.00
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Urgh!
    That's not good. To lose a big pot and get down to that stack is fine but to blind down to it is bad. To fold with any two here is awful to be honest. It's funny,the way I play the Dyms may well get frowned upon by some of these regs. I know plenty use coaching sites on how to play perfectly at these. I struggle to understand how that if you're at a table with competent players, the idea of blinding down in the vain hope someone will make a mistake is thought of as good play.
    I think our playing times are different. I normally play evenings, never mornings and on the odd occasion in the afternoon. Don't think we've played each other even once.

Good luck with the rest of your challenge.
  • edited September 2013

Day 249

Closing Balance
    £734.76

Up £20.52
    today

My session started with a near miss in a £3.30 BH. I ran well to get to FT including a lucky J9s against JTo aipf double when short in the mid-stages, then two flips won out of two to bust shorter-stacked opponents including a big one when my AQs beat JJ aipf with two tables left.

I was chipleader for a while at final table but my luck dried up at the sharp end. I lost with QJ < JT aipf to double a shortie with five left, then lost a huge flip when four-handed that could have eliminated two opponents and got me heads-up in good shape had it gone my way. My exit came a few hands later when I open-shoved KJ from the button and failed to improve against a raggy ace.

The Bounty Hunter took three hours to play out. I couldn't bothered to enter another tournament after that so I jumped into a DYM instead and successfully cashed. Despite the frustration of the near-miss it's still a good day for me; any time I finish on a new highest balance I'm a happy chappy :)

September Poker Points 161 (£1.61)

Today’s
    results;  

8339967 H NL 6MX,DN 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 10/09/2013 14:41 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.5 1/6 £4.5 8337802 H NL B 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 10/09/2013 10:45 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 3/73 £16.02
  • edited September 2013
    Day 250

Closing Balance
    £759.97

Up £25.21
    today

I was home in time for my two favourite morning tournaments today; the two £150 guaranteed Bounty Hunters. In the 10-45 I was going great as a top five stack with two head-prizes when I was knocked out by a flopped flush draw that got there. I check/shoved my stack with top two pairs on a monotone 975 flop but was unable to hold against a maniac opponent holding two overcards (AK) with a king-high flush draw. It was a monster pot worth a substantial chiplead and my stack went in as clear favourite, so no regrets about my play there.

In the 9-45 I got second place. Up until heads-up it went like a dream; I flopped several sets and kept getting paid-off by disbelieving opponents when I held the nuts. For most of the tournament I was runaway leader, though by the time we broke to final-table things had levelled out. The run-good continued as I won two huge flips to get heads up with a big lead, however it wasn't destined to be my day. Twice I shoved and was called when 70/30 favourite for the win but twice I couldn't find a hold; my KQ vs KT aipf, then my T9 all-in against KQ on a J29flop.

So again I have no complaints about the outcome, I'm happy I played to the best of my ability and there's no more I could have done. Also the winner was a tough opponent who played very well too, I don't begrudge him the victory whatsoever, it was always going to be the deck that decided the outcome when it came to the crunch between us two.

After that I took a break and didn't get round to playing again.

I'm now 75% of the way there, the light at the end of the tunnel is looking just a little bigger today. After Friday I'll be taking a complete break from poker for about a week. On my return I intend to increase the volume and have a good crack at closing this thing out.

September Poker Points 167 (£1.67)

Today’s
    results;  

8341421 H NL B 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 11/09/2013 10:45 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 33/69 -£1.04 8341154 H NL B 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 11/09/2013 09:45 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 2/72 £26.25
  • edited September 2013
    Getting close now - Can,t see you blowing it all now even if yoiu have a downswing - GL
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 1,000 Poker Points -----> £1,000 Can it be done? Latest balance £759.97:
    Getting close now - Can,t see you blowing it all now even if yoiu have a downswing - GL
    Posted by MP33
    Cheers Paul, it would take the mother of all downswings to stop me now. If I don't break my BR rule I'd say it's just about impossible to go busto.
  • edited September 2013
    Day 251

Closing Balance
    £748.52

Down £11.45
    today

I donked myself out of my first tournament, a £5.75 Bounty Hunter. After losing pots to draws that got there in early skirmishes then suffering a run of junk hole-cards I picked a bad time to 4-bet shove all-in my pocket 99, running into the 3-betters pocket KK. A bingo player also came along for the ride with the mighty A6, he binked an ace of course to crack both of the pocket pairs.

Next I tried the 1-00pm £11.00 Bounty Hunter. I enjoyed a bright start with two head-prizes only to then lose a massive 260BB pot in harsh cooler. In a 3-bet pot my Aks made a full house on the river against a wild opponent (I'd seen him aipf with A7 in level 1) on a JJKQK run-out. I was only losing to exactly JJ or KQ, unfortunately he had it.

That left me with only 690 chips, the shortest stack still alive at the time with blinds at 20/40. I didn't tilt whatsoever and managed to rebuild to 3.9K, which was average at the time. It went pear-shaped again for a while when I had Aqs aipf against A5o to take my third head-prize and get back in the top five stacks, but I couldn't make the hold. Lady luck swung my way again briefly when I doubled with full-house over straight, up to a peak of 6.9K at that point, though it then immediately turned against me when I doubled two short-stacked opponents in two hands. A lost flip pair < overcards, then flopped two pairs to the flopped flush of an OOP opponent (who had called my open-raise from his short-stack holding Q6s on the SB). This time there was no way back and I busted when down to 2 tables at the hands of the guy in the big cooler with AT<JJ aipf.

The standard of play I saw in the £11 BH game was very poor, worse than the norm in my favoured £3.30 morning games. This bodes well for the future and I'm going to try to make to this tournament a regular fixture after my week off.

September Poker Points 167 (£1.67)

Today’s
    results;  

8347006 H NL ST,HU 0.15 GBP SkyPoker 12/09/2013 14:43 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.15 2/2 -£3.15 8346699 H NL ST,HU 0.05 GBP SkyPoker 12/09/2013 13:09 NL Hold'em  £1 + £0.05 1/2 £0.95 8343281 H NL B 1.0 GBP SkyPoker 12/09/2013 13:00 NL Hold'em  £10 + £1 12/36 -£3.5 8344773 H NL B 0.75 GBP SkyPoker 12/09/2013 12:30 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.75 52/64 -£5.75
    Surely nobody is ever folding here? Coolered for a 10.5K pot in the £11 Bounty Hunter when the tournament average stack was only 2.9K

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceBLOXO Small blind  20.00 20.00 3630.00 EASYFIX Big blind  40.00 60.00 3265.00   Your hole cards K A       GaryQQQ Raise  80.00 140.00 5765.00 rosslitt14 Call  80.00 220.00 2632.50 * Raise  120.00 340.00 5035.00 dawn255515 Fold     BLOXO Fold     EASYFIX Fold     GaryQQQ Call  40.00 380.00 5725.00 rosslitt14 Call  40.00 420.00 2592.50 Flop    J K J       GaryQQQ Check     rosslitt14 Check     * Bet  210.00 630.00 4825.00 GaryQQQ Call  210.00 840.00 5515.00 rosslitt14 Fold     Turn    Q       GaryQQQ Bet  360.00 1200.00 5155.00 * Call  360.00 1560.00 4465.00 River    K       GaryQQQ Bet  850.00 2410.00 4305.00 * All-in  4465.00 6875.00 0.00 GaryQQQ Call  3615.00 10490.00 690.00 GaryQQQ Show K A    * Show Q K    * Win Full House, Kings and Queens 10490.00  10490.00
  • edited September 2013
    Day 252

Closing Balance
    £765.57

Up £17.05
    today

I was taken out of the my first game by a beat; my shove with AK unable to hold against a caller with AT for a top five stack in the mid-stages of the 10-45 £150 gtd Bounty Hunter.

Next was a £3.30 Freezeout, nothing went my way and I exited quite early looking like a total donk after bluff shoving the river with a missed draw. I got a very light call and would have doubled with anything half-decent. I busted from a DYM after shoving AQ from the button into TT on the BB and losing the race, though I won a HU match.

My third tournament was a £5.75 Bounty Hunter. I slowly chipped up through the early to mid stages taking two heads on the way, one coming when my 3-bet with pocket AA induced a 4-bet shove from AK. Though I lost one large pot in annoying fashion when my laptop froze forcing me to auto-fold my full-house to a min bet on the river when I was desperately trying to re-raise.

Things got hairy close to the bubble when the runaway chipleader with 8 head-prizes to his name moved to my table. He was playing very aggressively, including making frequent open-shoves with his huge 150 BB stack. I had no choice but to tighten-up and wait for a hand. The inevitable blow-up busted the maniac on the stone-cold bubble, a spectacular crash n' burn coming not long after he'd held three times as many chips as anybody else. Unfortunately it wasn't at my hands and I was one of the shorter stacks still alive with only 15BB at that point with a level jump imminent.

I worked the short stack as hard as I could for over an hour. All stacks grew very shallow during this time as shorties kept doubling-up. My third head-prize came at the final table, a fairly tasty one as it was the guy who'd taken out the maniac on the bubble. Unfortunately my demise came during three-handed play. As the pre-flop aggressor on the button with QT it was impossible to fold on a queen-high flushing flop with all stacks under 15BB, unfortunately the flat caller on the SB had flopped a set.

A somewhat pleasing ending to my session I suppose, though a third place finish always somewhat deflating being 'so near yet so far' to a decent score. After today I'm taking a break from all poker for about a week, happy to be leaving with my account showing a new highest balance. This diary will resume on my return.

The reason why I'm away; http://garyswcoastpath.blogspot.co.uk/

September Poker Points 206 (£2.06)

Today’s
    results;  

8349986 H NL ST,HU 0.1 GBP SkyPoker 13/09/2013 12:31 NL Hold'em  £2 + £0.1 1/2 £1.9 8348227 H NL B 0.75 GBP SkyPoker 13/09/2013 12:30 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.75 3/68 £25.05 8350026 H NL 6MX,DN 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 13/09/2013 12:17 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 5/6 -£3.3 8349356 H NL   0.3 GBP SkyPoker 13/09/2013 12:00 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 16/18 -£3.3 8348290 H NL B 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 13/09/2013 10:45 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 34/76 -£3.3
    The biggest annoyance of the day. £5.75 Bounty Hunter, I was desperately trying to raise with my full-house when my laptop froze causing my hand to auto-fold to a tiny blocker bet on the river!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancefaeroes27 Big blind  30.00 30.00 6020.00   Your hole cards 2 2       Deanod123 Raise  90.00 120.00 1340.00 jokev10 Fold     robert47 Call  90.00 210.00 7820.00 GaryQQQ Call  90.00 300.00 3950.00 faeroes27 Fold     Flop    8 9 9       Deanod123 Check     robert47 Check     GaryQQQ Bet  150.00 450.00 3800.00 Deanod123 Fold     robert47 Call  150.00 600.00 7670.00 Turn    2       robert47 Bet  30.00 630.00 7640.00 GaryQQQ Raise  330.00 960.00 3470.00 robert47 Call  300.00 1260.00 7340.00 River    3       robert47 Bet  60.00 1320.00 7280.00 GaryQQQ Fold     robert47 Muck     robert47 Win  1260.00  8540.00 robert47 Return  60.00 0.00 8600.00
  • edited September 2013
    Days 253 to 257 inclusive

Didn't play

Day 258

Closing Balance
    £760.07

Down £5.50
    today

My only game I entered today was the evening Mini Bounty Hunter. Because I was multi-tasking at the time and didn't pick up any cards I barely payed a hand for 40 minutes. Then when I finally did play a big pot I was forced to fold my flopped two pairs by a huge check-raise from a very tight opponent on the river after he'd flat called my flop and turn bets. That left me with only 20BB, I was out soon after when my KT clashed with AT on a ten-high flop.

September Poker Points 211 (£2.11)

Today’s
    result;  

8369462 H NL B 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 19/09/2013 20:30 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.5 351/560 -£5.5
  • edited September 2013
    Day 259

Closing Balance
    £751.27

Down £8.80
    today

I entered the Offordable and the Mini this evening, but there wasn't enough luck coming my way for anything to happen.

3-bets were my downfall. In the Offordble my 3-bet with AA was flatted by an OOP opponent who'd opened with 97o. He played for his stack on a 7-high flop and got there. I was elimated soon afterwards when playing for what was left of my stack against the same guy with my flopped top pair and flush draw that didn't improve.

In the Mini I forced to fold my pocket QQ in a big pot by another OOP flatter on an awful flop for my hand; AK5. He claimed in the chat-box afterwards to have held pocket 55, so maybe the two overcards saved me from going broke in the hand. Anyhow it made little difference, I was out soon after anyway with A9 < AJ aipf blind v blind.

September Poker Points 211 (£2.11)

Today’s
    results;  

8372987 H NL B 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 20/09/2013 20:30 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.5 469/564 -£5.5 8373402 H NL   0.3 GBP SkyPoker 20/09/2013 19:10 NL Hold'em  £3 + £0.3 86/124 -£3.3
  • edited September 2013

Day 260

Closing Balance
    £723.04

Down £28.23
    today

I played some low stakes MTTs today without any success. Most of my tables were soft and I faced some awful opponents. That's exactly what I want, but unfortunately I ran absolutely horrendously, the worst I've seen for ages, therefore I couldn't profit from the situation this time around.

September Poker Points 263 (£2.63)

Today’s
    results;  

8376609 H NL B 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 21/09/2013 20:30 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.5 342/533 -£5.5 8376811 H NL B 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 21/09/2013 18:00 NL Hold'em  £2 + £0.3 90/128 -£2.3 8377143 H NL SAT 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 21/09/2013 17:50 NL Hold'em  £3.3 + £0.3 23/31 -£3.6 8376541 H NL B 0.3 GBP SkyPoker 21/09/2013 16:15 NL Hold'em  £2 + £0.3 6/17 -£1.55 8377656 H NL 6MX,DN 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 21/09/2013 14:34 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.5 5/6 -£5.5 8376608 H NL B 0.75 GBP SkyPoker 21/09/2013 14:30 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.75 22/117 -£3.87 8375704 H NL B 0.75 GBP SkyPoker 21/09/2013 13:30 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.75 69/90 -£5.75 <p style="font-size:6pt;font-f
  • edited September 2013
    Day 261

Closing Balance
    £649.02

Down £74.02
    today

A horrendous day for me at the tables, the worst of this challenge so far thanks to a severe dose of run-bad. If there's such a thing as a doomswitch mine has been activated. It would appear the poker gods don't look favourably on walkers; since my return to the tables, I've suddenly been unable to win any all-in and called pots regardless of equity. Winning a flip has suddenly become impossible. As a result my balance has dropped like a stone.

After today I'm going to drop stakes to £3.30 per game maximum to limit losses until the downswing passes and I rebuild some confidence.

September Poker Points 346 (£3.46)

Today’s
    results;  

8381105 H NL 6MX,DN 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 22/09/2013 16:35 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.5 6/6 -£5.5 8381164 H NL ST,HU 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 22/09/2013 16:31 NL Hold'em  £10 + £0.5 2/2 -£10.5 8379774 H NL B 0.75 GBP SkyPoker 22/09/2013 16:30 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.75 17/90 -£3.87 8381154 H NL ST,HU 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 22/09/2013 16:26 NL Hold'em  £10 + £0.5 2/2 -£10.5 8381134 H NL ST,HU 0.25 GBP SkyPoker 22/09/2013 16:22 NL Hold'em  £5 + £0.25 2/2 -£5.25 8381145 H NL ST,HU 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 22/09/2013 16:22 NL Hold'em  £10 + £0.5 1/2 £9.5 8381139 H NL ST,HU 0.5 GBP SkyPoker 22/09/2013 16:19 NL Hold'em  £10 + £0.5 2/2 -£10.5 <span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Calibri,Sans
  • edited September 2013
    You've/we've been here before Gary!!  It's no more than a small "blister"! 

EDIT: just realised, for the non-walkers.... It means it'll slow ya down BUT you'll get there in the end!
  • edited September 2013

Day 262

Closing Balance
    £648.34

Down £0.68
    today

It's still not happening for me.
    I only entered the morning £3.30s today, but I saw enough to know I'm still running terribly.

In the 9-45am I busted when two-outered with two to come for a top three stack, my 91% equity when the chips went in not enough.

In the 10-45am I started well and enjoyed the chiplead briefly, however I then ran my pocket aces into a limp/caller's 97 on a 7-high flop, we played for stacks, I lost to a runner-runner flush. Admittedly I then won a flip with my TT beating AQs aipf to get myself back near the top of the field.

However my demise came at the hands of the chipleader who was in 'god mode' at the time and unable to miss anything. My check/raise as the pre-flop aggressor with AQs got action from his QT on a JQ2r flop, my equity this time was 86%. Had I won the pot I'd have been sitting pretty as clear chipleader close to the bubble, however the cards came down turn 8 river 9 to give my opponent an unlikely runner-runner straight. I lost what little was left of my stack soon after when I 3-bet shoved KJs into AKo and failed to improve.

Despite making a small profit from head-prizes in the second game (my best result since I returned from the walk) it was still another sickening way to exit. I'd seen enough already and logged off for the rest of the day to avoid tilting off more of my balance.

September Poker Points 351 (£3.51)

Today’s
    results;  

(to
    follow)

What more can I do? Still losing all the big all-ins regardless of equity.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceGaryQQQ Small blind  30.00 30.00 4025.00 murr65 Big blind  60.00 90.00 2642.50   Your hole cards J 10       poppetto Fold     wolley Fold      Call  60.00 150.00 3685.00 GaryQQQ Call  30.00 180.00 3995.00 murr65 Check     Flop    J 10 3       GaryQQQ Check     murr65 Check      Bet  180.00 360.00 3505.00 GaryQQQ Raise  450.00 810.00 3545.00 murr65 Fold      All-in  3505.00 4315.00 0.00 GaryQQQ Call  3235.00 7550.00 310.00 GaryQQQ Show J 10     Show 10 3    Turn    9       River    3        Win Full House, 3s and 10s 7550.00  7550.00

• edited September 2013

I wish I could do a tenth as well as you do Gary - incredible the way you run money up from zilch.
  • edited September 2013
    Day 263

Closing Balance
    £644.99

Down £3.35
    today

I dipped my toe in the water quickly to see if my luck has improved, entering just one MTT and one HU match, both at micro stakes.

I got my answer quicky; it hasn't. I'm still losing every 'all-in and called' pot regardless of equity if there are still cards to come.

I'll try again tomorrow.

September Poker Points 355 (£3.55)

Today’s
    results;

(to follow)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceSmall blind  25.00 25.00 464.00 GaryQQQ Big blind  50.00 75.00 461.00   Your hole cards 10 A       * Raise  75.00 150.00 389.00 GaryQQQ All-in  461.00 611.00 0.00 * All-in  389.00 1000.00 0.00 GaryQQQ Unmatched bet  22.00 978.00 22.00 * Show A 7    GaryQQQ Show 10 A    Flop    7 Q K       Turn    10       River    3       * Win Flush to the Ace 978.00  978.00

• edited September 2013
    Day 264

Closing Balance
    £641.69

Down £3.30
    today

Another quick try. Just one game was enough to confirm that there's no change in my fortune. I busted from the 9-45am Bounty Hunter in the fifth hand of the tournament, it was also the first hand I'd played. My flopped set both improved and went behind on the turn against a wild player who'd already played for his stack with AQo all-in pre-flop 100BB deep.

I was neither in the mood or the right frame of mind to register for anything else so I left it there. I'll be back for another go tomorrow.

September Poker Points 358 (£3.58)

Today’s
    results;  

(to
    follow)

My river over-shove here may look terrible, but I can assure you this sort of player in this sort of tournament won't be able to fold any ace or pocket 66, occasionally  even worse holdings too. Only the unlikely A6 or highly unlikely AJ beat me. I double off all other combos in his calling range. I know the extremely unlikely one combo of AA beats me too, but I feel that's not a hand he open limps.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceGaryQQQ Small blind  10.00 10.00 1950.00 shebasbell Big blind  20.00 30.00 2150.00   Your hole cards J J       donk30 Fold     *Call  20.00 50.00 3735.00 pokerpaupe Call  20.00 70.00 1980.00 tomred64 Fold     GaryQQQ Call  10.00 80.00 1940.00 shebasbell Check     Flop    A 6 J       GaryQQQ Check     shebasbell Check     *Bet  80.00 160.00 3655.00 pokerpaupe Fold     GaryQQQ Call  80.00 240.00 1860.00 shebasbell Fold     Turn    A       GaryQQQ Bet  120.00 360.00 1740.00 *Call  120.00 480.00 3535.00 River    8       GaryQQQ All-in  1740.00 2220.00 0.00 *All-in  3535.00 5755.00 0.00 *Unmatched bet  1795.00 3960.00 1795.00 GaryQQQ Show J J    * Show A J    * Win Full House, Aces and Jacks 3960.00  5755.00