You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a new year..a new game...CASH...still playing

Comments

• edited January 2013
    CardsAmountPotBalance
    soff Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £20.71
    supercrazy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £16.64
     Your hole cards
    • A

BIGBAWZ38 Fold     
    useless1 Fold     
    devonfish5 Raise  £0.20 £0.35 £14.53
    mondo1985 Raise  £0.70 £1.05 £9.15
    soff Fold     
    supercrazy Fold     
    devonfish5 Call  £0.50 £1.55 £14.03
    Flop

• A
    • K

devonfish5 Check     
    mondo1985 Bet  £0.78 £2.33 £8.37
    devonfish5 Call  £0.78 £3.11 £13.25
    Turn

devonfish5 Check     
    mondo1985 Bet  £2.33 £5.44 £6.04
    devonfish5 Call  £2.33 £7.77 £10.92
    River

devonfish5 Check     
    mondo1985 All-in  £6.04 £13.81 £0.00
    devonfish5 Call  £6.04 £19.85 £4.88
    devonfish5 Show
    • A

mondo1985 Show
    • A
    • A

mondo1985 Win Three Aces £18.45  £18
  • edited January 2013
    ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    devonfish5 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.12
    SHANXTA Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.90
     Your hole cards

cactusjac Fold     
    foldUfairy Fold     
    1988man Fold     
    devonfish5 Raise  £0.15 £0.30 £9.97
    SHANXTA Call  £0.10 £0.40 £9.80
    Flop

devonfish5 Check     
    SHANXTA Bet  £0.30 £0.70 £9.50
    devonfish5 Call  £0.30 £1.00 £9.67
    Turn

devonfish5 Check     
    SHANXTA Bet  £0.80 £1.80 £8.70
    devonfish5 Raise  £1.60 £3.40 £8.07
    SHANXTA Raise  £4.20 £7.60 £4.50
    devonfish5 Call  £3.40 £11.00 £4.67
    River

devonfish5 Check     
    SHANXTA All-in  £4.50 £15.50 £0.00
    devonfish5 Call  £4.50 £20.00 £0.17
    devonfish5 Show

SHANXTA Show
    • A

SHANXTA Win Straight to the 6 £18.60
    did i miss the clue with the re-raise on the turn?
    looking at it now...maybe?
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year...a new game..CASH.:
    In Response to Re: a new year...a new game..CASH. : hi rusty, thanks for the advice mate, any suggestions as to which mtt's to play? yes,cash is certainly is a more aggressive looser game and totally different to how i'm used to playing dym's. i have always struggled playing cash but am going to give it my best shot here, even if it means losing £300 or so in the process. i'm sure it is more of a mental barrier as much as anything,also i need to make the necessary adjustments to my game,which clearly i haven't been able to do so far. one of the main problems i seem to come up against,time and time again is when i have a big hand and run into another big hand and i lose an all-in,in this case now £10. which therefore becomes a £20 swing.it does seem to happen a lot and these seem to determine how i end up for each session. i'm not sure what if anything i can do about this,or is it simply 'all part of the game' i guess i could always 'back down' from going all-in,but with money already in the pot and with a descent hand that seems a bad play also. anyway,that aside,i am quite happy with how i played last night and will give it my best as always again later tonight. don't think i'll be playing for 7 hours though. also 4 tables seems enough for the moment i think. best wishes, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Try a deep stack, but the thing is if you are on a downward turn sometimes it don't matter what you do or how you play
    it dosn't happen.
  • edited January 2013
    Just by having a quick look at the hands you have posted and i dont understand why you are just min raising? When i play 10nl. im always raising to 40p. wether i have AA or the normal 67suited 9 10suited stuff... or 27os :P min raising doesnt really acheive any thing apart from multiple callers normally. That last hand id raise to 40p pre and then 3/4 or 1/2 bet on the flop. If you hit a hand just bet!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year...a new game..CASH.:
    In Response to Re: a new year...a new game..CASH. : Try a deep stack, but the thing is if you are on a downward turn sometimes it don't matter what you do or how you play it dosn't happen.
    Posted by rusty_ring
    ty rusty.
    think i played in a mini-open deep stack from memory ages ago,£3.30 buy-in i think, and had a nice return,can't remember how much now but over £20 i think.

yeah,tell me about it.  lol
    :)
    dev
  • edited January 2013
    Gl Dev. Recently I been playing 50nl and 100nl. Made £180 profit in 3 day's
  • edited January 2013
    snap serge :D iv been playing tight at 50nl. way above my BR and have made 250 in 2 days, ty c4p! :D
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH:
    Just by having a quick look at the hands you have posted and i dont understand why you are just min raising? When i play 10nl. im always raising to 40p. wether i have AA or the normal 67suited 9 10suited stuff... or 27os :P min raising doesnt really acheive any thing apart from multiple callers normally. That last hand id raise to 40p pre and then 3/4 or 1/2 bet on the flop. If you hit a hand just bet!
    Posted by shaun09
    hi shaun,
    yes mate i'm sure you are right.
    min raising is something i've been doing playing dym i guess,as it builds the pot a little and then i can do whatever i like from there on.
    it's a habit i'll have to quickly kick i think.

thanks for the advice mate.
    dev 
  • edited January 2013
    Gl Dev. Recently I been playing 50nl and 100nl. Made £180 profit in 3 day's
    Posted by Serge77
    ty m8,

very nice...not worth you huntin me out then for a misly tenner.

• edited January 2013
    snap serge :D iv been playing tight at 50nl. way above my BR and have made 250 in 2 days, ty c4p! :D
    Posted by shaun09
    very nice shaun...and you get where this is going... lol

• edited January 2013
    Yeah your best doing 30p for now, And when you have a few winning sessions and you feel safe try betting 40p pre all the time. 40p seems to be the standard at 10nl atm
  • edited January 2013

There's alot more to worry about in these hands than the pre flop raise size!!!

ughhh, sum1 post somthing worthwhile it's tilting me! 
  • edited January 2013
    Yes i kknow that JJ thats why i said just by having a quick look... the pre flop raise ect... You have to start of some where and if it helps him then its a start and no harm done.
  • edited January 2013
    Yeah your best doing 30p for now, And when you have a few winning sessions and you feel safe try betting 40p pre all the time. 40p seems to be the standard at 10nl atm
    Posted by shaun09
    thanks again shaun.
  • edited January 2013
    Good luck Dev...brave you!
  • edited January 2013
    There's alot more to worry about in these hands than the pre flop raise size!!! ughhh, sum1 post somthing worthwhile it's tilting me! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    not quite sure what you mean mate,
    i'm thinking the worst here.
    is it just terrible play?
    am i missing clues?
    bet sizing everywhere?
  • edited January 2013
    Yes i kknow that JJ thats why i said just by having a quick look... the pre flop raise ect... You have to start of some where and if it helps him then its a start and no harm done.
    Posted by shaun09
    yea sorry wasn't having a go meant it to look like I was messing. 

Stop making the nuts and checking ;)

Will post on all hands around midnight or tomoro. 

gl in the meantime DF!
  • edited January 2013
    Good luck Dev...brave you!
    Posted by profman15
    thanks prof

brave or stupid?

i've got my doubts.  lol
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH : yea sorry wasn't having a go meant it to look like I was messing.  Stop making the nuts and checking ;) Will post on all hands around midnight or tomoro.  gl in the meantime DF!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    no worries DOH,
    i didn't think for a second that you were...
    i could just feel a load of things i've done wrong coming...
    which i really don't mind,if it helps me learn and improve.

i'm taking tonight off as i'm sure it's for the best.
    look forward to seeing your thoughts...
    and thanks in advance.
    dev
  • edited January 2013
    JT hand - as you said you are fairly new to cash I probably wouldnt raise with JT from MP (even though it looks pretty lol). But as played I would probably fold to the turn bet...maybe peel one and see what he does on the river, but after he bets I am more inclined to fold.

AK - Bet folp, bet turn

A2 - fold this from UTG, but as played its just a cooler

A9 - I would fold pre, but that is only cos I have played with him a fair bit

88 - pre is fine...check on flop is fine ok, but would prefer a lead in to him or C/R as the board is quite draw heavy

hope some of this info is helpful
  • edited January 2013
    JT hand - as you said you are fairly new to cash I probably wouldnt raise with JT from MP (even though it looks pretty lol). But as played I would probably fold to the turn bet...maybe peel one and see what he does on the river, but after he bets I am more inclined to fold. AK - Bet folp, bet turn A2 - fold this from UTG, but as played its just a cooler A9 - I would fold pre, but that is only cos I have played with him a fair bit 88 - pre is fine...check on flop is fine ok, but would prefer a lead in to him or C/R as the board is quite draw heavy hope some of this info is helpful
    Posted by s2db2dk2ds
    hi s2,
    thanks for the help...very much appreciated.
    i haven't taken in what you've said yet,my heads all over the place atm,what with trying to post hands up,etc.
    i'll go through it in a mo and make some notes,which i'm sure will help in future.
    it's now only becoming obvious to me that playing dym and cash are like chalk and cheese,and it's going to take me a little while to get the basics right let alone anything else.

thanks again s2..sorry i don't know your proper name.s2 will have to do for now.
    it'a all gone dark..the writing i mean   bit like my poker atm  lol

cheers :)
    ian

• edited January 2013
    ok jj no prob m8, just dint want u thinking all i thought of the HH was the pre flop raise :D
  • edited January 2013
    JT hand - as you said you are fairly new to cash I probably wouldnt raise with JT from MP (even though it looks pretty lol). But as played I would probably fold to the turn bet...maybe peel one and see what he does on the river, but after he bets I am more inclined to fold. AK - Bet folp, bet turn A2 - fold this from UTG, but as played its just a cooler A9 - I would fold pre, but that is only cos I have played with him a fair bit 88 - pre is fine...check on flop is fine ok, but would prefer a lead in to him or C/R as the board is quite draw heavy hope some of this info is helpful
    Posted by s2db2dk2ds
    hi again s2,

been through the 5 hands

ak  yep,got to bet out and be more aggro

a2 from utg  yep should have folded,made a note.

a9 suited  fold pre,  yep i should have,but didn't think it was terrible play.

j 10  yep,lesson learnt,as you say looks pretty but not from middle position.made note.

88  yep should be betting out and protecting on flop,to late after that.

those 5 hands alone cost me getting on £30

and i lost £33 all night.

so taking all the other hundreds of hands i must have played last night during the 7 hour session,
    i must have just about broke even i'd say.

i'm sure that DOH is going to have a field day when he gets to analyse those hands later.   aaaaagh.  lol
    i can take it though.i know it's all going to help my game as your advice will too.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO THANK YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR ALL THE HELP AND ADVICE

IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED,I REALLY MEAN THAT...THANK YOU SO MUCH

dev

ps;at least i've learnt something today if only how to post up a hand...
        oh,and not forgetting i suck at cash.  lol

signing off now..back tomorrow.
    nite x
  • edited January 2013

Have a look at your pms Ian

• edited January 2013

wow i played bad yesterday, got stuck early and carried on playing when I should have stopped and tried 2 get far 2 creative

agree with everyone else that you need to up the aggression, if it's ok with you i'll post a hand that I played with you yesterday that i'm curious about, I can PM you the hand first if you want?

ul with the 88 hand, and gl if you play 2mora, i'll be back on Friday night to donate some more money!
  • edited January 2013
    dnt ever trap with ya gd hands the 88 hand bet the flop bet ya gd hands get 3 streets of value dnt ever min raise make it a big raise 3 x it

trapping is bad :/
  • edited January 2013
    Good luck with this Dev.

My advice at this level is, play tight, bet chunky with your big hands / when you make a hand (top pair or better), and keep betting until you get raised.
    When you get raised - panic! Check your hand versus the board, and, if you haven't got the niuts, or near nuts, fold - unless you have some specific info/history for the villain. Simples.
  • edited January 2013
    Have a look at your pms Ian
    Posted by Jac35
    will do m8
  • edited January 2013
    wow i played bad yesterday, got stuck early and carried on playing when I should have stopped and tried 2 get far 2 creative agree with everyone else that you need to up the aggression, if it's ok with you i'll post a hand that I played with you yesterday that i'm curious about, I can PM you the hand first if you want? ul with the 88 hand, and gl if you play 2mora, i'll be back on Friday night to donate some more money!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    hi m8
    thanks for the advice buddy,
    yeah always new the aggression needed to be increased,and by my low standards i thought it was,just not enough of the time or enough.full stop.
    early days though.i'm sure it will get better.
    re;posting hand up...
    post away m8,always good to hear points of views and that's one of the reasons i started this thread.
    the more that's posted on here the more i and anyone else reading will hopefully learn and improve.

yes,i was a little upset losing the 88 hand,but as has already been pointed out i could have and probably should have taken a stronger line...lesson learnt.  lol
    anyway m8...it's only money,as i've always said,it's not life and death,and it's all meant to be good fun,isn't it?
    just look at it ...as a loan.  lol (only joking m8,fair play,you won i lost....next hand.)

i might give friday night a miss too then.  lol

best wishes,
    dev
  • edited January 2013
    dnt ever trap with ya gd hands the 88 hand bet the flop bet ya gd hands get 3 streets of value dnt ever min raise make it a big raise 3 x it trapping is bad :/
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    thanks Steve,
    yeah,it's a new world for me atm,and totally different to playing DYM's....
    no wonder i'm losing.  lol

i'm making notes and trying to take it all in.  lol  all-in...get it.
    dev