You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD:
    Doubt if it was ever 14-1 joesman. Im on at 11-4 BOG
    Posted by vaigret
    Yeah u are prob right Father, but it's there on Oddschecker. Would love to find out for sure. Defo some early worms out tonight though, I guess them on the 'inside' know it has to win tomorrow. Dilemma, do I go in again and take the 14's for the Martin Pipe race at Cheltenham before it runs?? Knowing if it doesn't win, it won't get in, and they might withdrew it at the 5 day dec' stage, and so lose my dough. 

• edited February 2013
    on myself in a few perms and have picked more ante post perms to stick on tomorrow with Katkeau included which ill post up then
  • edited February 2013
    on myself in a few perms and have picked more ante post perms to stick on tomorrow with Katkeau included which ill post up then
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Yeah Mr Bell, lets have a gander, cheers. 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : Yeah u are prob right Father, but it's there on Oddschecker. Would love to find out for sure. Defo some early worms out tonight though, I guess them on the 'inside' know it has to win tomorrow. Dilemma, do I go in again and take the 14's for the Martin Pipe race at Cheltenham before it runs?? Knowing if it doesn't win, it won't get in, and they might withdrew it at the 5 day dec' stage, and so lose my dough. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Why back ante post when it is such a risk. You wont lose many points if you wait for NRNB. Just have a bit more on at likely 8-1 BOG NRNB
  • edited February 2013
    Victor Bet are doing no runner no bet they been tweeting all day how they the first to do it
  • edited February 2013

its a fair point on the ante post but i wouldnt go nuts ante post like certain punters cough cough guess who!!!!!!  ; )    not anymore anyways as have had fingers burnt before, ill 'risk' the loser part if non runner in 20p perms consisting of trebles, quads and accums , about 5 or 6 of them then its only a score spent all in at end of the day , the selections are all juicy odds now that allow me to stake so little , closer to time do a few perms then ill just stick to the singles each day, already missed the boat on Saphir De Rheu in the Fred Winter who was cut from 16's to biggest price 10/1 so just want to get a few out of the way now, i can get Cantlow now for the Festival Handicap on the tuesday at 10/1, he has 6 or so more entries but i believe this is the route and ill risk he goes here before its confirmed and i get no better than 4's or 5's which i believe is inevitable

• edited February 2013
    From tonight Bet 365 are offering Non-Runner ,No Bet!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : Why back ante post when it is such a risk. You wont lose many points if you wait for NRNB. Just have a bit more on at likely 8-1 BOG NRNB
    Posted by vaigret

I'm thinking IF it skates in tomorrow it could be a silly price 4/5-1. And like Bell said, come the day be a very skinny 2/3-1.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD :  I'm thinking IF it skates in tomorrow it could be a silly price 4/5-1. And like Bell said, come the day be a very skinny 2/3-1.
    Posted by joesman1
    If wynne is right get on with my bookie first thing in morning. If you havent got an account with them dont worry , if it wins tomorrow it will not go to 5-1 for the simple fact if it wins it wont win that easily as to make bookie fellows cut it too much. 
  • edited February 2013
    wynne is right, just been on and I will now do my bets.

Katkeau 10-1 NRNB now but not even best value of Pipe hopefuls as you can get 8-1 Gevrey Chambertain NRNB beleive me if that runs in the MArtin Pipe Conditional it will beat Katkeau and and most if not all of the others .

Father V
  • edited February 2013

all are 10 x 20p trebles, 5 x 20p e/w 4 folds, and 20p e/w accum, each perm costing a measly £4.40 but if just one can give me a sweat then they could be worth a whole lot more! always the dream anyways......

JLT HANDICAP    CANTLOW 10/1
    CENTENARY NOV  THE DRUIDS NEPHEW 14/1
    RSA                  ROCKY CREEK  12/1
    BUMPER            LE VENT DANTAN 10/1
    M PIPE COND     KATKEAU  14/1

JLT HANDICAP   CANTLOW 10/1
    NEPTUNE          PONT ALEXANDRE 5/2
    FRED WINTER   SAPHIR DU RHEU 10/1
    PERTEMPS        ART PROFESSOR 25/1
    M PIPE COND   KATKEAU 14/1

SUPREME         MELODIC RENDEVOUS  10/1
    FRED WINTER   SAPHIR DU RHEU  10/1
    BYRN PLATE      HAZY TOM  25/1   
    TIRUMPH        LAC FONTANA  16/1
    COUNTY HUR   MR MOLE  10/1

SUPREME         MELODIC RENDEVOUS  10/1
    JLT HANDICAP   CANTLOW 10/1
    NEPTUNE          PONT ALEXANDRE  5/2
    RSA                ROCKY CREEK 12/1
    BUMPER          LE VENT DANTAN 10/1

CENTENARY NOV    THE DRUIDS NEPHEW  14/1
    TRIUMPH             LAC FONTANA 16/1
    ALBERT BARTLETT   BALLYCASEY 9/2
    M PIPE                  KATKEAU 14/1
    GRAND ANNUAL       EASTLAKE  22/1 

Lac Fontana to win tomorrow and cut to about 7's imo though we'll need to wait and see - from what i saw at Newbury i like this animal quite a bit

youve twisted my arm Fr re Melodic Rendevous, think hes most likely along with Dodging Bullets to give MTOY a race, both are at a good price, but Melodic Rendevous running (and winning) in past month sways it as only 2 of last 16 winners didnt run in past 45 days, over 60 odd for DB.   

• edited February 2013
    wynne is right, just been on and I will now do my bets. Katkeau 10-1 NRNB now but not even best value of Pipe hopefuls as you can get 8-1 Gevrey Chambertain NRNB beleive me if that runs in the MArtin Pipe Conditional it will beat Katkeau and and most if not all of the others . Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Taken the advice, took the 10's NRNB, but also had another smaller stab @ the 14''s with Paddy P. 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : Taken the advice, took the 10's NRNB, but also had another smaller stab @ the 14''s with Paddy P. 
    Posted by joesman1
    gOOD LUCK MATE
  • edited March 2013
    My horses for Cheltenham and their NRNB prices at moment

Supreme -MELODIC RENDEZVOUS 8-1 NR AND CHATTERBOX 12-1 NR
    jlt -ROLLING ACES 12-1 NR
    cHAMPION HURDLE -ZARKANDER 5-1 LOST
    NATIONAL HUNT CHASE -HARRY TOPPER 6-1 NR
    nEPTUNE- mELODIC RENDEZVOUS 8-1 NR
    wETHERBYS BUMPER -LE VENT D'ANTAN 7-1 Lost OR EMPIRACLE-8-1 NR
    PERTEMPS-SEYMOUR ERIC 14-1 NR
    RYANAIR-CHAMPION COURT -8-1
    wORLD ?hURDLE -REVE DE SIVOLA -4-1
    bYRNE gROUP -HUNT BALL 6-1
    vINCENT O BRIEN -iF AND BUTWHYNOT 16-1 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : gOOD LUCK MATE
    Posted by vaigret
    Getting to be a ridiculous price now for today Father V. Down to 6/4 in places
  • edited February 2013
    My horses for Cheltenham and their NRNB prices at moment   Supreme -MELODIC RENDEZVOUS 8-1 AND CHATTERBOX 12-1 jlt -ROLLING ACES 12-1 cHAMPION HURDLE -ZARKANDER 5-1 NATIONAL HUNT CHASE -HARRY TOPPER 6-1 nEPTUNE- mELODIC RENDEZVOUS 8-1 wETHERBYS BUMPER -LE VENT D'ANTAN 7-1 OR EMPIRACLE-8-1 PERTEMPS-SEYMOUR ERIC 14-1 RYANAIR-CHAMPION COURT -8-1 wORLD ?hURDLE -REVE DE SIVOLA -4-1 bYRNE gROUP -HUNT BALL 6-1 vINCENT O BRIEN -iF AND BUTWHYNOT 16-1 
    Posted by vaigret
    Liking Zarkander ew as a cast iron bet. Can't see how it can be out of the 1st 3. If The Fly wins, hey ho, no loss. 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : Getting to be a ridiculous price now for today Father V. Down to 6/4 in places
    Posted by joesman1
    Yes I know and you might like to have a look at doing a little saver in the race on my Nap today.

Gormanstown Cuckoo

Watch its last race when very tendily handled behind Herdsman beaten only a few lengths. Herdsman has then come out and won again beating some very good horses. 

Cuckoo backed from 20-1 into 10-1 this morning and with Katkeau's jumping errors it might just surprise. 

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : Yes I know and you might like to have a look at doing a little saver in the race on my Nap today.   Gormanstown Cuckoo Watch its last race when very tendily handled behind Herdsman beaten only a few lengths. Herdsman has then come out and won again beating some very good horses.  Cuckoo backed from 20-1 into 10-1 this morning and with Katkeau's jumping errors it might just surprise. 
    Posted by vaigret
    Ok will do Father, I'll have a small dabble now ew
  • edited February 2013
    spent last night studying the KIM MUIR and have come up with a 'lively' outsider (pleasse excuse the pun in advance) in LIVELY BARON  at 40/1. Been running over much further than the bare 3 miles recently and last time over trip he won. Comes from the combo of McCain Jr and trevor Hemmings who bagged this with Ballabriggs who went on to win the national and i just think he could be interesting at a price. Also give a mention to NO SECRETS, trained by David Pipe 16/1
  • edited February 2013
    Don't want to be seen as talking from my pocket, but that was a combination of being unlucky, and bad riding from Scudamore. He was side by side the winner coming round the final bend, and whilst Johnson held his nerve and stuck to the inside, Scudamore went wide, circled the whole bloody field, got baulked and lost 3 or 4 lengths by the time he was clear on the outside. Then he just about hit the front when he clouted the last, landed on his back legs and lost all momentum, whilst the winner landed running and it's momentum took him past Katkeau. Couldn't help notice Scudamore shaking his head as he headed into the winners circle and Pipe looking disappointed behind him. Cost me a small fortune today, single bet and last leg of an acca placed last night. 
  • edited February 2013
    i only listened to it on billy hills radio, gonna watch the repeat of it now on sportinglife but heard a)it was a poor judgment on Tom Schu's part and ultimately b) if not for that it really should and would have won 

• edited February 2013
    after watching it i honestly think tom schu and partner are very unlucky, maybe just panicked at thought of not getting clear passage, it could be argued that although he did lose about 4 lengths as you say going wide if he had not done this he mightnt have finished as close in the end neither, we'll never know! once hed clear run he fairly bolted up, and think we saw another dimension of the horse today, one where he didnt travel as smoothly but at the business end showed a good speedy turn of foot and grit and determination. now if you could piece together all these aspects of his perfomances in britain thus far, you could bottle it and sell it!!! 
  • edited February 2013
    Unlucky joesman all you can say really. Should still have won if it is going to win at cheltenham with uphill finish.

As with Gormanstown cuckoo, they are looking for a touch somewhere with this horse. Can easily get this trip but again dropped out and tendily handled.  
  • edited February 2013
    Well Pipe is desperate for it to get a win and a rise in weights. Katkeau entered twice again this Saturday, 3 miles both races. 
  • edited February 2013
    Well Pipe is desperate for it to get a win and a rise in weights. Katkeau entered twice again this Saturday, 3 miles both races. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Well spotted
  • edited February 2013
    G/f re merchandising shop til midnight next 3 weeks, blissful lol, got my iPad to myself, she isn't wanting to be on f/b. So plenty of time to keep an eye on all things sports/betting. 
  • edited February 2013
    I know this is nothing to do with horses father, but take a look at World Open Snooker. Judd Trump is 11/10 to win 3rd quarter. He has a virtual bye 1st round, his prob 2nd oppo Ali Carter has pulled out, so he is playing Nigel Bond who got a bye into the 2nd round, another virtual bye for Trump. So he only has to play one proper oppo to win his quarter. You will get paid out on Friday and use the winnings for Katkeau on Saturday lol.
  • edited February 2013
    Looking at all your posts,I say to myself,there must be a winner in there somewhere!

Oh yeah it's "Wishful Thinking"

Where ever it runs,if it runs against Sacre Sprinter (it will be a good 2nd)
    There will probably be a market without the favorite who is at prohibitive odds.

But it has also been entered in about 4/5 other races.so I'm going to have a bet in all.knowing I will get my money back if it does not run1

You heard it here first!
  • edited February 2013
    I know this is nothing to do with horses father, but take a look at World Open Snooker. Judd Trump is 11/10 to win 3rd quarter. He has a virtual bye 1st round, his prob 2nd oppo Ali Carter has pulled out, so he is playing Nigel Bond who got a bye into the 2nd round, another virtual bye for Trump. So he only has to play one proper oppo to win his quarter. You will get paid out on Friday and use the winnings for Katkeau on Saturday lol.
    Posted by joesman1
    Thanks mate I will have a dabble
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : Thanks mate I will have a dabble
    Posted by vaigret
    Price might be less now Father. He played his 1st 'virtual bye' this lunchtime, won 5-0.