You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Couldnt find the bet anyway so left it alone, thanks anyway
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD:
    Couldnt find the bet anyway so left it alone, thanks anyway
    Posted by vaigret
    I think only Skybet, P Power and Stan James offering prices. Oddschecker, Snooker, World Open, tab saying 3rd quarter
  • edited February 2013
    Right I have got hold of a book published by the Racing Post titled
    "Cheltenham Festival Guide 2013" cost £9.99 freefirst class postage.
    Hope to get my money back and more with the information I pick up,will share some of it on this forum!
  • edited March 2013
    another big big plus for chances of THE DRUIDS NEPHEW in the Pultney novices, had this one on the radar for the Byrne Plate until couple of weeks ago was apparent this was the target as only entry. 

Last weekend Grandioso franked his form when beating the 152 rated Molotof at kempton, THE DRUIDS NEPHEW previously had Nicholls' charge 10 lengths behind in his first chase victory. He also had TONY STAR well beaten when falling and this one ran a blinder today in the Greatwood, even adjusting well to being badly hampered by Petit Robin's fall and stayed on gamely for third. KAPGA DE CERISEY had also beaten the well touted FAGO last week and THE DRUIDS NEPHEW had this one well behind on previous run, as well as highly progressive ROLLING ACES when just pipped at line by Feltham runner up and dark horse for RSA HARDIANS APPROACH over a slightly shorter distance of 2m3f. All in all i think the form is stacking up and still a best priced 14/1 in the magic sign should be snapped up, think hes a terrific e/w bet and will be my NAP for day 1, possibly the meeting. 
  • edited March 2013
    did a first day multiple today, quite excited about it's chances as this early stage!!! hope im still as excited a week and a half away!!!  : o

SUPREME NOV     MELODIC RENDEVOUS  10/1
    JLT HANDICAP     CANTLOW 10/1
    X COUNTRY        ARABELLA BOY 6/1
    PULTNEY            THE DRUIDS NEPHEW 14/1

6 X £2 DOUBLES ,  and Have also thrown in ROCK ON RUBY in the champion @ 6/1 in 10 x £1 trebles, 5 x £1 e/w 4 folds and £1 e/w accum!!! i can dream........ 
  • edited March 2013
    Maybe its wrong to post this on a rival firms forum lol..But Billy hills go 3/1!!!!! non runner money back on Hurricane Fly tomorrow morning, im a massive Hurricane Fly fan and will be taking advantage of this beautiful price..
  • edited March 2013
    Maybe its wrong to post this on a rival firms forum lol..But Billy hills go 3/1!!!!! non runner money back on Hurricane Fly tomorrow morning, im a massive Hurricane Fly fan and will be taking advantage of this beautiful price..
    Posted by moonooo
    EVERY bookmaker is out to get The Fly beaten, esp P Power with their money back offer. I'm beginning to wonder if there is a problem. Sticking to my theory that Zarkander CANNOT be out of the 1st three, so a bet to nothing. 
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by moonooo
    ah thats more lyk it, 13/8 far to short, 3/1 is a more realistic price in my book.
  • edited March 2013
    my mates whos a pro gambler has started putting some up i will copy and paste his posts..
    Ok time to get serious about Cheltenham, as it's less than 2 weeks away. And with the bookies starting to go non-runner, no bet, there look to be a few opportunities around to pinch some value.

First selection is for the World Hurdle, which now looks wide open.

Ladbrokes World Hurdle Grade 1 (CLASS 1) (4yo+) - Thursday 14th March 2013:

Selection: Wonderful Charm - 1 pt e/w at 25/1 (Betvictor NRNB
    )

With Big Bucks and Tidal Bay injured Paul Nicholls stands to lose his grip on this race for the first time in recent seasons. He still has four contenders entered, Aaim To Prosper, Celestial Halo, Prospect Wells and Wonderful Charm. Aaim To Prosper will probably improve for the longer trip but he is likely to still come up short. Prospect Wells is more likely to pitch up at Aintree and, even if he does run at Cheltenham, it's not his favourite track. Celestial Halo is probably the stable's number one selection for this race now and, despite advancing years, still retains plenty of ability. He is now nine years old and it begs the question why he has never been tried over three miles before. That leaves Wonderful Charm who is also entered for the Coral Cup and heads that market. That looks likely to be his target but his Trainer did jokingly give reference to 'the next Big Bucks' when talking to his owner after the horse's win on his debut in this country. Whatever race Wonderful Charm goes for he has to bust the stats in either. No five year old has ever won the World Hurdle and no horse rated above 147 has won the Coral Cup. That all probably means that his best days will come at future Festivals but with the Non Runner No Bet concession now in place it's a selection to nothing. Wonderful Charm was a progressive horse on very soft/heavy ground in France but improved on that form on his only appearance in this country under quicker conditions. That easy win at Chepstow is way below the level of performance he needs to win this but it's noticeable that his handler has kept him away from the track since that October start. He may well be scratched from both races but he does have a lot of untapped potential and if he lines up for the World he could outrun his odds. If he doesn't, we get our money back and I would be tempted to support him in the Coral if he goes for that. 

More to follow soon.
  • edited March 2013
    My first multiple bet for Cheltenham(Influenced by Pricewise master Tom Segal in the Cheltenham Festival  Guide 2013)

12th March.

1.30 Cheltenham   River Maigue 10/1
    3.20                         Zarkandar 4/1

13th March

2.40 Cheltenham   Unioniste 6/1

14th March

3.20 Cheltenham   Solwhit 8/1

15th March

3.20 Cheltenham   Sir Des Champs 4/1

Each Way Lucky 31
  • edited March 2013
    think RENARD could go v well at 40/1 in the Byrne plate which Venetia Williams has a wonderful recent record in, and after initially liking the claims of Eastlake in the  ' get out stakes ' Grand annual, ive been equally drawn to course winner LANCETTO who was 3rd behind Jonjo Oneills charge last time out and runs off same weight while the winner has been upped 7Ibs. 
  • edited March 2013
    it looks like grand crus is going for the world hurdle. i have give up on this horse over fences, lost to much on it.
    geraghty says its in good order at home though so i think its a real good chance back over hurdles. anyone agree???
  • edited March 2013
    it looks like grand crus is going for the world hurdle. i have give up on this horse over fences, lost to much on it. geraghty says its in good order at home though so i think its a real good chance back over hurdles. anyone agree???
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Hi mate,

not lookinbg for a clash here but surprised if geraghty knows anything about it. Trained by Pipe and ridden by Scudamore.

Pipes are not idiots though so a very interesting developement. Without Big Bucks this looks like one of the most interwsting races of the festival
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : Hi mate, not lookinbg for a clash here but surprised if geraghty knows anything about it. Trained by Pipe and ridden by Scudamore. Pipes are not idiots though so a very interesting developement. Without Big Bucks this looks like one of the most interwsting races of the festival
    Posted by vaigret
    lol i ment scudamore, i got geraghty on the brain. grand crus ran brilliant against big bucks 2 year ago, if it runs any where near that i think it will take all the beating. hard to be confident with it after its dismal dispaly over fences lately but im gonna be on i think!!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : lol i ment scudamore, i got geraghty on the brain. grand crus ran brilliant against big bucks 2 year ago, if it runs any where near that i think it will take all the beating. hard to be confident with it after its dismal dispaly over fences lately but im gonna be on i think!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I wouldnt disagree with your thinking and might have a saver myself as I am already on Reve De Sivola. If it can return to its hurdles form it must have a great chance.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : I wouldnt disagree with your thinking and might have a saver myself as I am already on Reve De Sivola. If it can return to its hurdles form it must have a great chance.
    Posted by vaigret
    You all thought I was a fool when I * starred Grand Crus for the Ten To Follow contest. Obv I knew Big Bucks was gonna get injured and Grand Crus would win the world hurdle at a big price and bag a load of bonus points. Hmmmm why did I also put Big Bucks in my list too??? Lol
  • edited March 2013
    March 13th
                        Cheltenham   14.05  The New One 10/3

March 15th           14.40              Our Vinnie 12/1

Each way Double

(These selections influenced by Nick Watts post in Cheltenham Festival Guide 2013)
  • edited March 2013
    big bucks couldnt jump a fence either so you may be onto something with GC
  • edited March 2013
    March 15th 
                          16.00        Cheltenham   Salsify 9/4

March 13th 
                        17.15 Cheltenham  Empiracle 7/1
                         13.30                        Rival D'Estruval 15/2
                         16.40                        Saphir Du Rhew 7/1

Each Way Lucky 15

(These selections influenced by Richard Birch in Cheltenham Festival Guide 2013)
  • edited March 2013
    When will all the runners and riders be confirmed for the festival? Each race shows loads of horses in, but I know a lot of these will not run, I just don't know when that's generally decided... I want to pick some winners but I can't wade through a load of non-runners lol
  • edited March 2013
    When will all the runners and riders be confirmed for the festival? Each race shows loads of horses in, but I know a lot of these will not run, I just don't know when that's generally decided... I want to pick some winners but I can't wade through a load of non-runners lol
    Posted by FlashFlush

Final decs' 12pm day before race Charles. Yep loads of horses doubley - even trebley engaged. So best leave it til then.
  • edited March 2013
    Cheers Neil. I'll pick out a few donkeys Monday night then.
  • edited March 2013
    If anyone fancies a horse in the Supreme Novices have you seen a certain Maltese bookies offer up to £50 refunded if you lose!
    could be worth having £50 on a big outsider and funding your poker roll for a year.
    I tried Rule the world £25 e/w
    But put my main bet on with Sky months ago
  • edited March 2013
    RULE THE WORLD is nepune bound by all accounts Cleansweep but as im sure they're no runner no bet at this stage then it matters not a jot! he'll be worth an each way in that , considering whispering gallery is no longer an intended runner

your sleeper horse to beat sprinter never came to fruition i see, can we at least have the name now please to plot next years fortunes when they send him out next autumn?! 

would be appreciated!
  • edited March 2013
    Breaking News last 20 mins states GRAND CRUS misses Cheltenham altogether unfortunately, Pipe not satisfied with how he scoped, may go to Aintree if 100 % come April  
  • edited March 2013
    Dynaste and Graduoet both massive drifters on the exchanges today...And hope you all got stuck into the evens on sprinter sacre on another betting site...£20 max but its still a free £40 to play with when the festival comes
  • edited March 2013
    In my hotel not long out of a dreary slumber, checked sportinglfe  me phone to see if any updates on Cantlows preferred target and unfortunately received the unwanted news that MELODIC RENDEVOUS is set to miss the supreme after not scoping well. For shame! Feel sorry for Jeremy Scott considering his leading bumper fancy Empericale also ruled out. Both had live chances. And hits a fair dent into my day 1 life changer accums!!  : (  suppose I should just be thankful given the recent and current cold snap that the racing is happening at all! 
  • edited March 2013
    In my hotel not long out of a dreary slumber, checked sportinglfe  me phone to see if any updates on Cantlows preferred target and unfortunately received the unwanted news that MELODIC RENDEVOUS is set to miss the supreme after not scoping well. For shame! Feel sorry for Jeremy Scott considering his leading bumper fancy Empericale also ruled out. Both had live chances. And hits a fair dent into my day 1 life changer accums!!  : (  suppose I should just be thankful given the recent and current cold snap that the racing is happening at all! 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    BELL WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHEN A TRAINER SAYS ITS HORSE WAS LAME AFTER A RACE, I FANCY A HORSE IN THE SUPREME 2MOZ WHICH WAS LAME LAST TIME, IS THIS JUST AN EXCUSE USED BY TRAINERS?
  • edited March 2013
    I'm thinking of doin the same horse as you tbh!! PUFFIN BILLY no less , which was behind the would have been  selection lto only to have been found wif pus s in hoof so it sounds legit enough and I'm all for giving second chances  it's when they're disappointing time after time and the excuses continue to mount up that I get a bit wary tbh. Grand crus being a prime example! 

I wouldn't put u off puffin billy as an e/w alternative to the selection but might be a big ask if he did go wrong only last month. Winners of the previous years bumper usually start a warm order for this so interesting u can still get a v healthy 10/1 on CHAMPAGNE FEVER and even more interesting is that RUBY has chosen this one over Nicholls' DODGING BULLETS who himself is envisage as a solid e/w bet but perhaps vulnerable from a win point of view, and lacking recent run is a concern
  • edited March 2013
    I'm thinking of doin the same horse as you tbh!! PUFFIN BILLY no less , which was behind the would have been  selection lto only to have been found wif pus s in hoof so it sounds legit enough and I'm all for giving second chances  it's when they're disappointing time after time and the excuses continue to mount up that I get a bit wary tbh. Grand crus being a prime example!  I wouldn't put u off puffin billy as an e/w alternative to the selection but might be a big ask if he did go wrong only last month. Winners of the previous years bumper usually start a warm order for this so interesting u can still get a v healthy 10/1 on CHAMPAGNE FEVER and even more interesting is that RUBY has chosen this one over Nicholls' DODGING BULLETS who himself is envisage as a solid e/w bet but perhaps vulnerable from a win point of view, and lacking recent run is a concern
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    YEAH PUFFIN BILLY IS THE HORSE, I WAS GONNA BACK IT AT 10/1 W/O THE FAV. I WAS LOOKING THREW THE RACE THE OTHER DAY, I THINK THIS RACE IS PRETTY WIDE OPEN AND ALTHOUGH MY TENT OR YOURS IS A WORTHY FAV I DONT THINK IT IS A 6/4 FAV AT ALL. BUT WHEN IT HACKS UP IL ADMIT IM WRONG.