You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD

124»

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Thanks Bell

I really do love it when you bring me bad news LOL. Melodic is the third horse of mine scratched from festival and all of them certain winners.

I have so much non runner money now rolling on Hunt Ball, Reve De sivola, Seymour Eric, Ifbutandwhynot, Zarkander and Champion Court that I'll either have a fantastic Cheltenham or a bloodbath!!!

Father V
  • edited March 2013
    Rock and Bell,

Devastated with new re Melodic.

As for Puffin billy , my doubt, is when did he go lame in that race and is he ok. If he went lame early on and is ok he is a brilliant bet for the race, however I wonder.

I agree re My Tent or Yours , much too short and I still think Chatterbox is a better horse than him in Henderson yard.

Only two horses have ever beaten Melodic Rendezvous and Champagne Fever is one of them. also had problem around new year which he proved he is over with last win. He is the horse for me
  • edited March 2013
    Last two years one of my best bets has been on a horse winning at the festival of odds over 33-1.

Both years they were nice odds against prices.

my bookie has learnt. This year only offering 4-6 booooooooo
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD:
    Last two years one of my best bets has been on a horse winning at the festival of odds over 33-1. Both years they were nice odds against prices. my bookie has learnt. This year only offering 4-6 booooooooo
    Posted by vaigret
    Sorry mate! Pretty peeved off myself as I'm really struggling to find an alternative. For the sake of a bet I could opt for puffin billy or the somewhat forgotten horse piqué sous. To make things worse CANTLOW non runner for te JLT not impressed! Hey go every cloud and I fancy fruity o rooney to go one better this time round 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : Sorry mate! Pretty peeved off myself as I'm really struggling to find an alternative. For the sake of a bet I could opt for puffin billy or the somewhat forgotten horse piqué sous. To make things worse CANTLOW non runner for te JLT not impressed! Hey go every cloud and I fancy fruity o rooney to go one better this time round 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    I cant see Fruity liking the ground but heh what do I know at times. Ended up going for
    Merry King in that race
  • edited March 2013
    My horses for Cheltenham and their NRNB prices at moment   Supreme -MELODIC RENDEZVOUS 8-1 NR AND CHATTERBOX 12-1 NR jlt -ROLLING ACES 12-1 NR cHAMPION HURDLE -ZARKANDER 5-1 LOST NATIONAL HUNT CHASE -HARRY TOPPER 6-1 NR nEPTUNE- mELODIC RENDEZVOUS 8-1 NR wETHERBYS BUMPER -LE VENT D'ANTAN 7-1 Lost OR EMPIRACLE-8-1 NR PERTEMPS-SEYMOUR ERIC 14-1 NR RYANAIR-CHAMPION COURT -8-1 wORLD ?hURDLE -REVE DE SIVOLA -4-1 bYRNE gROUP -HUNT BALL 6-1 vINCENT O BRIEN -iF AND BUTWHYNOT 16-1 
    Posted by vaigret
    those in red ie NR and losts sum my cheltenham up so far
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : those in red ie NR and losts sum my cheltenham up so far
    Posted by vaigret
    I was gonna reply to this Father by saying we should agree to quit ante post betting. But I think I've seen the 2014 Grand National winner today lol 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : I was gonna reply to this Father by saying we should agree to quit ante post betting. But I think I've seen the 2014 Grand National winner today lol 
    Posted by joesman1
    I hardly ever do Neil, I like to wait for NRNB as you know. By the way I take it you are talking about Back in Focus.

I think I have seen future Gold Cup winner with Lord Windermere.

Perhaps we could do a 2014 and/or 2015 double
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : I hardly ever do Neil, I like to wait for NRNB as you know. By the way I take it you are talking about Back in Focus. I think I have seen future Gold Cup winner with Lord Windermere. Perhaps we could do a 2014 and/or 2015 double
    Posted by vaigret
    Two candidates, bit boring by now I know, but both same as this years winner, Mullins/Wylie. As above and Boston Bob. The way he swept round the field on the final turn was quite taking. He is rated slightly lower than Back In Focus too. Bet both are kept back for the race like his big two this year. You honestly think Lord Windermere is a better prospect than Boston Bob??
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : Two candidates, bit boring by now I know, but both same as this years winner, Mullins/Wylie. As above and Boston Bob. The way he swept round the field on the final turn was quite taking. He is rated slightly lower than Back In Focus too. Bet both are kept back for the race like his big two this year. You honestly think Lord Windermere is a better prospect than Boston Bob??
    Posted by joesman1
    Definitely, I think he would have won even if Boston Bob had stayed upright. Watch the race again. Also look what a lovely horse Lord Windermere is. Much more scope and if he is kept fit could see him winning Grand National as well in a couple of years. Reminds me of Party Politics
  • edited March 2013
    Right I have got hold of a book published by the Racing Post titled "Cheltenham Festival Guide 2013" cost £9.99 freefirst class postage. Hope to get my money back and more with the information I pick up,will share some of it on this forum!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Well worth the money,I will buy it again next year!
    Made at least 10 times the cost of the book!
    Made Cheltenham even more enjoyable and learnt more about jockeys and trainers ,which in normal  situations ,I would not of bothered with.
    Will make next seasons jump racing even more enjoyable and profitable.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2013 THREAD : I hardly ever do Neil, I like to wait for NRNB as you know. By the way I take it you are talking about Back in Focus. I think I have seen future Gold Cup winner with Lord Windermere. Perhaps we could do a 2014 and/or 2015 double
    Posted by vaigret

Well I was right