You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis)

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
Morning all,

There have been a few changes to the schedule this morning which are all effective immediately. 

These changes focus around the main, mini and 9pm 'big' events. The main reason for these changes is to try and freshen things up around the midweek schedule and emulate some of the success we have seen since the introduction of 'Turbo Tuesdays'.

Here's how the main, mini and 9pm events will line up:

Monday:
- £10,000 Bounty Hunter (£33 buy-in)
- £5,000 Bounty Hunter (£55, was £110)
- £2,000 Mini Bounty Hunter (£5.50)

Tuesday:
- £6,000 Turbo Open (£33)
- £5,000 Turbo B/H (£55)
- £2,000 Mini Turbo B/H (£5.50)

Wednesday:
- £4,000 Rebuy Open (£11) (was the £6,000 Double Stack at £33)
- £5,000 Turbo B/H (£55)
- £2,000 Mini Rebuy (£5.50) (was the Mini Double Stack)

Thursday:
- £15,000 Sky Sports BH (£33)
- £4,000 Rebuy (£11) (was the £5,000 Sky Roller at £110)
- £2,000 Mini Bounty Hunter (£5.50)

Friday:
- £10,000 Bounty Hunter (£55) (was the £6,000 Rebuy Open at £11)
- £4,000 Rebuy (£11) (was the £5,000 Bounty Hunter at £110)
- £2,000 Mini Bounty Hunter (£5.50) (was the £2,000 Mini Turbo)

Saturday and Sunday will remain unchanged for the time being. The top and bottom tournaments (main and minis) are still the jackpot tournaments.

Please get stuck in to this new schedule and let us know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sam.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Sam

Can you just double check the list please and confirm:

1)  If the Weds Main is a £33 rebuy?

2)  Which is the 8pm main (and part of the jackpot) on  Thursday and Friday, the top of the list or the ones marked 'Open?'

3)  Are the main events for Weds, Thurs and Friday all rebuys?

Thanks

• edited February 2013
    P.S.

Don't worry about answering point 2 now, I've worked out it must be:

8pm
    9pm
    8.15pm

Just a little confused with the use of the term Open as these have previously always been the term for the main event.
  • ckdckd
    edited February 2013

will turbo tuesday still have the double points on turbo sng games please ?
  • edited February 2013
    Hey TommyD,

The Wednesday night main is an £11 buy-in and the Thursday and FRiday night events will not contain the word 'Open' in their title.

The tournaments that concern the jackpot are the first and last tournament on each list.

If you have any other questions then please let us know :)

Thanks,

Joe
  • edited February 2013
    @TommyD, yep you're right. My mistake.

@ckd, yeah we'll still be running the points boost on Turbo Tuesday.
  • edited February 2013
    wow all the mini's are BH's - and even two turbo's

Mon-Fri of high varaince, can't wait )

• edited February 2013

So, as I see it, double stacks have been 'dropped' in favour of turbo/rebuy/bounty hunter* tournaments ?
    *delete as appropriate.

I know I will get the usual 'carn't please all of the people....' line, but I for one appreciated this night and it was one of the few I would consider buying in direct to the main on.

It would also be nice if for just one night(per week or month) Sky Poker considered the smaller BR player and made an affordable night for all by making the main a £22/£11 Buy in.....with the mini being a £3.30/£2.25 buy in. This would give everyone a chance of going for the Jackpot too.

*edit - just realised ALL the minis are now bounty hunters. Variety use to be nice.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis):
    So, as I see it, double stacks have been 'dropped' in favour of turbo/rebuy/bounty hunter* tournaments ? *delete as appropriate . I know I will get the usual ' carn't please all of the people ....' line, but I for one appreciated this night and it was one of the few I would consider buying in direct to the main on. It would also be nice if for just one night (per week or month) Sky Poker considered the smaller BR player and made an affordable night for all by making the main a £22/£11 Buy in.....with the mini being a £3.30/£2.25 buy in. This would give everyone a chance of going for the Jackpot too. *edit - just realised ALL the minis are now bounty hunters. Variety use to be nice.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I initially reacted with similar thoughts however took a step back to think...

1) for £33 we now get 8000 chips instead of 6000

2) Rebuys mean that (ahem) lesser players can donate there 2k starting stack more than once buy rebuying a few times.

3)The prizepool will propably get a nice boost.

Aprecitate your concerns about wanting a nice deep tourney etc simple answer is take a step away from 1 main event a week and play primo or sit a few out and buy into/grind satelites for the monthly double primo (or whatever its called)

Nice lil change sky looking forward to having a spin at it tonight :)
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : I initially reacted with similar thoughts however took a step back to think... 1) for £33 we now get 8000 chips instead of 6000 2) Rebuys mean that (ahem) lesser players can donate there 2k starting stack more than once buy rebuying a few times. 3)The prizepool will propably get a nice boost. Aprecitate your concerns about wanting a nice deep tourney etc simple answer is take a step away from 1 main event a week and play primo or sit a few out and buy into/grind satelites for the monthly double primo (or whatever its called) Nice lil change sky looking forward to having a spin at it tonight :)
    Posted by bolly580

I took your advice.....took a step back......went to the lobbies.......saw the mini bounty hunter as stated in the OP is in fact a REBUY! tonight.

Sigh.......RIP the main idea of the minis being for the smaller BR player.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis):
    Morning all, There have been a few changes to the schedule this morning which are all effective immediately.  These changes focus around the main, mini and 9pm 'big' events. The main reason for these changes is to try and freshen things up around the midweek schedule and emulate some of the success we have seen since the introduction of 'Turbo Tuesdays'. Here's how the main, mini and 9pm events will line up: Monday: - £10,000 Bounty Hunter (£33 buy-in) - £5,000 Bounty Hunter (£55, was £110 ) - £2,000 Mini Bounty Hunter (£5.50) Tuesday: - £6,000 Turbo Open (£33) - £5,000 Turbo B/H (£55) - £2,000 Mini Turbo B/H (£5.50) Wednesday: - £4,000 Rebuy Open (£11) ( was the £6,000 Double Stack at £33 ) - £5,000 Turbo B/H (£55) - £2,000 Mini Turbo B/H (£5.50) ( was the Mini Double Stack ) Thursday: - £15,000 Sky Sports BH (£33) - £4,000 Rebuy (£11) ( was the £5,000 Sky Roller at £110 ) - £2,000 Mini Bounty Hunter (£5.50) Friday: - £10,000 Bounty Hunter (£55) ( was the £6,000 Rebuy Open at £11 ) - £4,000 Rebuy (£11) ( was the £5,000 Bounty Hunter at £110 ) - £2,000 Mini Bounty Hunter (£5.50) ( was the £2,000 Mini Turbo ) Saturday and Sunday will remain unchanged for the time being. The top and bottom tournaments (main and minis) are still the jackpot tournaments. Please get stuck in to this new schedule and let us know your thoughts. Thanks, Sam.
    Posted by Sky_Sam

This says it is a rebuy tonight in the lobby. Please clarify.

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : I took your advice.....took a step back......went to the lobbies.......saw the mini bounty hunter as stated in the OP is in fact a REBUY! tonight. Sigh.......RIP the main idea of the minis being for the smaller BR player.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    yh i also noticed that..

looks like itl be £11 min and on average £20ish...yh tht is a bit bang out.

Squeezin all they can for that jackpot it would seem.

if your chip leader in main tonight and you bust out of mini in rebuy period not like ur not guna rebuy is it.

SNEAKY SKY
  • edited February 2013
    should change your name to sky bounty hunter/rebuy.com :-(
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis):
    Morning all, There have been a few changes to the schedule this morning which are all effective immediately.  These changes focus around the main, mini and 9pm 'big' events. The main reason for these changes is to try and freshen things up around the midweek schedule and emulate some of the success we have seen since the introduction of 'Turbo Tuesdays'. Here's how the main, mini and 9pm events will line up: Monday: - £10,000 Bounty Hunter (£33 buy-in) - £5,000 Bounty Hunter (£55, was £110 ) - £2,000 Mini Bounty Hunter (£5.50) Tuesday: - £6,000 Turbo Open (£33) - £5,000 Turbo B/H (£55) - £2,000 Mini Turbo B/H (£5.50) Wednesday: - £4,000 Rebuy Open (£11) ( was the £6,000 Double Stack at £33 ) - £5,000 Turbo B/H (£55) - £2,000 Mini Turbo B/H (£5.50) ( was the Mini Double Stack ) Thursday: - £15,000 Sky Sports BH (£33) - £4,000 Rebuy (£11) ( was the £5,000 Sky Roller at £110 ) - £2,000 Mini Bounty Hunter (£5.50) Friday: - £10,000 Bounty Hunter (£55) ( was the £6,000 Rebuy Open at £11 ) - £4,000 Rebuy (£11) ( was the £5,000 Bounty Hunter at £110 ) - £2,000 Mini Bounty Hunter (£5.50) ( was the £2,000 Mini Turbo ) Saturday and Sunday will remain unchanged for the time being. The top and bottom tournaments (main and minis) are still the jackpot tournaments. Please get stuck in to this new schedule and let us know your thoughts. Thanks, Sam.
    Posted by Sky_Sam

It's also not a turbo according to the lobby.

90 minute rebuy period is way too long imo, esp if it's supposed to be a turbo. 

• edited February 2013
    Max we sing from the same hymnsheet. Sky poker is becoming a paradise for the BH players and is now becoming a joke for the player who likes deepstacks, doublestacks and any "regular" MTT. The standard of play in Bounty Hunters is shocking and despite channel861 saying it's there to educate and improve the standard of play on Sky the number of BHs does it no favours. How long before every SPT is a BH?

And well done Sky for finally making the last 2 Minis £5-50. We never saw that coming did we?
  • edited February 2013
    And well done Sky for finally making the last 2 Minis £5-50. We never saw that coming did we?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    All the minis have been £5.50 since 29.12.2012.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : This says it is a rebuy tonight in the lobby. Please clarify.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    It is indeed a Rebuy. OP has been amended.
  • edited February 2013
    Max we sing from the same hymnsheet. Sky poker is becoming a paradise for the BH players and is now becoming a joke for the player who likes deepstacks, doublestacks and any "regular" MTT. The standard of play in Bounty Hunters is shocking and despite channel861 saying it's there to educate and improve the standard of play on Sky the number of BHs does it no favours. How long before every SPT is a BH? And well done Sky for finally making the last 2 Minis £5-50. We never saw that coming did we?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Is this such a big problem?

Why not start playing them more regularly to icnrease your roll?

Then you dont need to worry about the mini price increasing

Really not trying to sound patronising genuine questions, baffles me when people are harsh on bad play.
  • edited February 2013
    Obviously you have got rid of the £100 Mtts because it failed to make the gauranteee some of the time but I do not understand why you can still not have a £100 Mtt with no gaurantee. I am sure all the players who usually play these will still play or try and qualify for these higher stakes tourneys.
    What is there to lose by doing this?
    Personally I prefer playing a higher stake tourney with 40 runners than a lower one with 160.
    To only have one Mtt over £55 in a week is IMO pretty poor.
  • edited February 2013
    So let me see if I have this right, if I want to play the mini games, I now have a choice of a Bounty Hunter, a Bounty Hunter, a Bounty Hunter, a Bounty Hunter or a Rebuy all at £5.50.

Now I don't mind playing Bounty Hunters but PLEASE give us a choice and at least give the lower bankrolled players  a chance to play in some of these games.  

I agree Dale, they might make the SPT's all Bounty Hunters.  That's assuming there is even an SPT series this year, here we are in February and not a word about a schedule.  So much for keeping their customers informed.

Steve
  • edited February 2013
    Hey everyone,

Of course, like all things on Sky Poker, everything is subject to change.

We will see how the new schedule does and hopefully we can get some hefty guarantees in place once the new tournaments become more established.

We are constantly trying to offer up new and innovative ideas and tournaments, and of course everybodies opinion is valued.

There will be a review of the new schedule in the coming weeks, with ammendments made based on the feedback we receive.

It may sound like a broken record that we 'can't please everyone' but we can certainly try our best to make a schedule enjoyed by all throughout the week.

Unfortunately the nature of the business is supply and demand, and the demand for the doublestack has diminished. We have tried something new, and will evaluate its effectiveness in the coming weeks.

Hopefully you will all give the new schedule and jackpot structure a chance.

Thanks a lot,

Joe
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : Is this such a big problem? Why not start playing them more regularly to icnrease your roll? Then you dont need to worry about the mini price increasing Really not trying to sound patronising genuine questions, baffles me when people are harsh on bad play.
    Posted by bolly580
    Because I'm a small stakes player on a low income and prefer to play the deepstacks and that has paid dividends for me. As someone has pointed out the variance is BH's is ridiculous and by playing 1 or 2 cheap BH's a night I'm not going to beat that variance And I'm not being harsh on bad play. I welcome bad players despite the odd bad beat but the standard of play in BH's by some players does not do Skypoker any favours.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : All the minis have been £5.50 since 29.12.2012.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    I'm aware of that Sam but I'm still entitled to complain about it even now.
  • edited February 2013
    A lot of thinking has obviously went into these changes........................NOT!!

I wonder how many other sites have all their large tournaments as BH or rebuys??? answers on a postcard please..........hold on, answers on a postage stamp please.

Lets make as much as we can from the suckers before the plug is pulled

Trivia question.............................what was the debut single by the Fun Boy Three??
  • edited February 2013
    With regards to the Mini tournaments and their shift up to the £5.50 buy-in level, we have introduced some 'Mini Micro Sats' to the schedule.

These sats will be 1 in 5 and cost only £1.20 to enter. The sats will run at 1:20, 3:20, 5:20 and 7:20pm.

Hopefully this will give every sized bank roll a chance to have a crack at the mini.

Thanks,
  • edited February 2013

Suppose if the demand is high then I guess SKY have to run the turbos

Squueze the hope in everyone that they can win the jackpot, but it seems to me that's its' just been made even tougher with the addition of the turbos mini's.

Seriously how much of an edge will the better players have over a turbo field to get close to the jackpot, DOHHHHHHHHH ?

Dimish the chance of the jackpot being acheived but increase rake because demand is high among the dreamers

gg

• edited February 2013
    With regards to the Mini tournaments and their shift up to the £5.50 buy-in level, we have introduced some 'Mini Micro Sats' to the schedule. These sats will be 1 in 5 and cost only £1.20 to enter. The sats will run at 1:20, 3:20, 5:20 and 7:20pm. Hopefully this will give every sized bank roll a chance to have a crack at the mini. Thanks,
    Posted by Sky_Joe

lol. more sats equals????
  • edited February 2013
    Suppose if the demand is high then I guess SKY have to run the turbos Squueze the hope in everyone that they can win the jackpot, but it seems to me that's its' just been made even tougher with the addition of the turbos mini's. Seriously how much of an edge will the better players have over a turbo field to get close to the jackpot, DOHHHHHHHHH ? Dimish the chance of the jackpot being acheived but increase rake because demand is high among the dreamers gg
    Posted by rancid
    still an edge. I didn't see many turbos tho???? :/

Have to run absolutely insane to win the jackpot anyway, dw about it :P 

• edited February 2013
    MUWHAAAAAA only one turbo now

wiiiiiiiiiiiiii -

saying all that chrisdboy got close to the jackpot on a turbo night !!!!

Story is so ironic, he must of run so well to get to two FT's then suffered two beats - dam them varance gods just saving  them beats up to smash him HU )
  • edited February 2013
    As there is so many BHs now and they are considered HeadFests, change the way they are played.

Change the amount on peoples heads and make it just a solid £5 on someones head and you get full amount of put the other £25 in Prize pool. People would stop going head chasing crazy, also slightly bigger stack like 3,000 so it doesn't turn shovefest as quick.
  • edited February 2013
    Suppose if the demand is high then I guess SKY have to run the turbos Squueze the hope in everyone that they can win the jackpot, but it seems to me that's its' just been made even tougher with the addition of the turbos mini's. Seriously how much of an edge will the better players have over a turbo field to get close to the jackpot, DOHHHHHHHHH ? Dimish the chance of the jackpot being acheived but increase rake because demand is high among the dreamers gg
    Posted by rancid
    Although the Turbo's will obviously make this so redic to win the jackpot on a Tuesday, Wednesday's are now both rebuys which always seems to have cream rise to the top. If you want to go for the jackpot, then Wednesday's is by far the best day now.