You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis)

124»

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis):
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : TBF, I doubt you will ever have to do that again ;) 
    Posted by dylan12
    Harsh :-(
  • edited February 2013
    My fav tournies on the site were the 110s which I believe I had a very good ROI in. But I think its a correct decision to move them to 55.  I believe a 110 once or maybe twice a week could work tho. In the long run these changes are good for the players pool an liquity.   Still really really think that an 11 Turbo BH as a main is needed for the site tho!
    Posted by scotty77

Why do you think moving the 110's down to 55's is a good idea? We moved the 220 on a Sunday down to 110 when it mostly met it's garuntee and now moving the 110's to 55. I personally liked the bigger buy ins due to reduced variance and solid structures so fail to see the benefits but I am genuinely curious. 
  • edited February 2013
    So once a month good old sky has one tournament above a 100bob the rest 55 quid and below... we will starting a petition to bring back 30p dyms next
  • edited February 2013
    And has for the changes well, theyre all aloda tosh without antes. BRING ON THE 30P DYMS
  • edited February 2013
    Hi all,

First I hate BH's but that's my opinion and TBH haven't played a main event in which I've paid for in about 3 yrs. So that doesn't really effect me.

I do however participate in the mini's which are now BH's so won't be lol..

Although I can't really see much difference in the wed night deepie being now a rebuy surely if you play it as a deepie with 1 rebuy straight away and no add on or other rebuys you'd save yourself £11? And with a lot more looser play you might be able to build a stack a lot easier???? Once again only my opinion...

Now there has been comments about the DS being moved to a fri or sat night, When we had our chance to make new tournaments and vote on them , the idea of the mega stack was brought into concept and is now played on a fri night (was my idea :-) ). Now I have to say when you mention this in a thread, you normally get comments of it will go on too long, so although as someone wrote it would be better having deep stacks at the weekend for lack of sleep reasons ppl still moan.. But in saying that the Guarantee has been smashed every week so far . It's guarantee is £400 and usually gets over £500 in the prizepool..

So if people want to play a longer deeper format game come along a play the mega stack on a fri night... If more people played it each week, then "sky suits" would see this and take notice. Which is all they have done now. twice as many ppl playing the Thurs night BH as the Wed night DS, so they scraped it..

If you don't play it, sky will change it.. (or as the film states if you build it, they will come.)

Anyway just my opinion....
  • edited February 2013
    Just to say Chubbers that I play the Megastack every week and last Friday we got into a discussion at the table. 2 or 3 players were new to the Megastack and possibly fairly recent to Sky If I remember. And I can say with 100% certainty that they all loved the structure. As one said a proper tourney for proper players. Now if Sky were to replicate a few more Megastacks.......

BTW just cos it was your idea don't let the flattery go to your head :)
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : Harsh :-(
    Posted by FlashFlush
    but true ;) 

Feel a bit bad now, hope it didn't come accross that I was serious, <3 Charles 
  • edited February 2013
    Just to say Chubbers that I play the Megastack every week and last Friday we got into a discussion at the table. 2 or 3 players were new to the Megastack and possibly fairly recent to Sky If I remember. And I can say with 100% certainty that they all loved the structure. As one said a proper tourney for proper players. Now if Sky were to replicate a few more Megastacks....... BTW just cos it was your idea don't let the flattery go to your head :)
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Never go to my head m8 lol.. Its already big enough.. :-)
  • edited February 2013
    I have been away for a couple of days and come back to find some horrendous changes.

I echo what the vast majority have said on here, why do we have to have sooooooo many bh's??? The lack of variety on sky is worse than ever now. Yes, bh's are a popular format but that doesn't mean we have to have so many does it?

Not happy :(
  • edited February 2013
    WHOOP WHOOP MORE BOUNTY HUNTERS :)
  • edited March 2013
    So now we have had a month of the new schedule what are peoples thoughts?
    Personally I like that there are more £11 rebuys but think that there should be at least one £100+ MTT during the week.
    I also think Friday night would be ideal for a  £55 doublestack standard freezeout instead of the £55 BH.
    Overall I think its an improvement from the schedule it replaced but still could be better.
  • edited March 2013
    yeah I think we need to replace the £55 bh w/ a deepstack or something, or the doublestack that got replaced. too many bh's + rebuys
  • edited March 2013
    Love the rebuys but the 9 uclock start means they finish too late