You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis)

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Am I missing something or was the whole point of the mini tournaments that they were a small buy-in version of the main event(usually 10%). The addition of the jackpot was great  for the mini's as it increased the prize pool and made sure they continued to reach the guarantee,win win for everybody. Now they''re gonna be two different formats?? Can anybody tell me any different or is it now that the mini is just another tourney with no reflection of it's original purpose??
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis):
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : Its the format of the games that most people are not liking.so the suck it and see way is probably not needed by most people as they are experienced players they have more than likely have tried the formats before
    Posted by rosjim1
    It was just my opinion.  However to my recollection the mini has never been a rebuy so it is conceivable a whole new player portion are going to be playing rebuys as part of a regular schedule for the first time.  Also more to my point was how the week schedule would feel to play in this format.  Yes I and many of us have played all of these formats before, but we haven't played this week schedule before.

As for the formats being the main question for all, point taken but I personally don't want to give feedback until I have all of it together.
  • edited February 2013
    Not enough playable tourneys on here for me at the moment to have a roll on so ive withdrawn it.  I 6 table tourneys at the minute on another site all with a great structure with antes.  If a good set of tourneys with a good structure and antes are introduced in the future il come back on and play.  I dont want to play a bountyhunter tournament where all my desions are allin decisions id rather play postflop poker down the streets.
  • edited February 2013
    In the lobby for the mini rebuy tonight rebuys (not entry fee or add on) are quoted at £6 (20% rake).  Can anyone confirm is this accurate for the tournament before it begins please?
  • edited February 2013
    personally don't like any of the changes. +1 to borinloner
  • edited February 2013
    I can not believe they are charging £6 for a rebuy in the £5.50 mini rebuy.
  • edited February 2013
    bout time the mad 9pm large buyin tournies were changed. Cant you just have 8pm mains, 8.15 mini and 9pm turbos as the main daily comps. if you're going to have unlimited rebuys, set the buyin really low and look to introduce cubed/double chance tournaments that allow people to know what their potential outlay will be. and obviously stop raking the rebuys but w/e i've said that enough times ...
    Posted by beaneh
    I think this is a great idea.

using the weds night main as an example...if it was one rebuy + 1 add on then for £33 you would get 6000 chips.  its not exactly the same as the deepstack in terms off bbs but it becomes a lot closer imo and then is accessible for players to spend between £11 and £33 depending on their bankroll.

I'm not much of a tournament player but there have been lots of occasions where i dont bother to log onto sky because i know its bounty hunter night.
  • edited February 2013
    My fav tournies on the site were the 110s which I believe I had a very good ROI in.

But I think its a correct decision to move them to 55.  I believe a 110 once or maybe twice a week could work tho.

In the long run these changes are good for the players pool an liquity.  

Still really really think that an 11 Turbo BH as a main is needed for the site tho!
  • edited February 2013

I agree with many here . . .too many BH and Turbo's and rebuys . . . I really like Skypoker and play most of my poker here, but recently have started playing elsewhere mainly because of better software on other sites. . seems now there are more reasons to play elsewhere, for deeper stack tourneys, more freezeout etc

its a real shame Sky.
  • edited February 2013
    lol @ more BH and rebuys.

no thanks, only thing this site has left in the way of a standard tourney may well be the SPT...and even that's clearly going down the pan.

time to move on
  • edited February 2013
    With regards to the Mini tournaments and their shift up to the £5.50 buy-in level, we have introduced some 'Mini Micro Sats' to the schedule. These sats will be 1 in 5 and cost only £1.20 to enter. The sats will run at 1:20, 3:20, 5:20 and 7:20pm. Hopefully this will give every sized bank roll a chance to have a crack at the mini. Thanks,
    Posted by Sky_Joe

Apart from peeps who work.
  • edited February 2013
    With regards to the Mini tournaments and their shift up to the £5.50 buy-in level, we have introduced some 'Mini Micro Sats' to the schedule. These sats will be 1 in 5 and cost only £1.20 to enter. The sats will run at 1:20, 3:20, 5:20 and 7:20pm. Hopefully this will give every sized bank roll a chance to have a crack at the mini. Thanks,
    Posted by Sky_Joe
    So not only do you have more focus on rebuy tournaments and Bounty Hunters but now we have Satellites into a Mini that was designed for low to micro stakes. Would it not be better to bring the entry fee down??

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : Hefty grnt once the tourneys are established?  Sky had that the they changed thing to "keep things fresh"  Have sky got any plans to drop the rake on rebuys wich is pretty much industry standard?
    Posted by rosjim1

No James they have actually INCREASED the rake on rebuys in tonights mini, £6 rebuy £5.50 add on.
    SCANDALOUS
  • edited February 2013
    In the lobby for the mini rebuy tonight rebuys (not entry fee or add on) are quoted at £6 (20% rake).  Can anyone confirm is this accurate for the tournament before it begins please?
    Posted by TommyD
    Looking at the lobby now and doing the maths, I think it was £5.50 into the PP and 50p rake (£5.50+ .50)
  • edited February 2013
    I liked the mini as a bounty hunter but i hate this change. I do like to play other style of tourny as well, If tournament wasn't meeting the gtd then lower it no need to get rid of tourny completely. For me this will lead to me playing the mini less often.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : Looking at the lobby now and doing the maths, I think it was £5.50 into the PP and 50p rake (£5.50+ .50)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I was hopng it was that tbh Flash.  In that case probably an honest mistake and if the extra 50p has gone in the prize pool I'm fine with that.  Will run the numbers myself after I bust (soon).
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : I was hopng it was that tbh Flash.  In that case probably an honest mistake and if the extra 50p has gone in the prize pool I'm fine with that.  Will run the numbers myself after I bust (soon).
    Posted by TommyD

It was 5.50 to enter, 6 for a rebuy. 5.50 to take the add on but i didnt get that far. Checked my account and i spent 11.50.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : I was hopng it was that tbh Flash.  In that case probably an honest mistake and if the extra 50p has gone in the prize pool I'm fine with that.  Will run the numbers myself after I bust (soon).
    Posted by TommyD
    Just ran the figures now and all good as Charles stated - £5.50 into the prize pool and the 50p went towards the rake of the rebuys 
  • edited February 2013

Dylan if you are going to do it do it properly ;))

Entrys 238 x £5.50 = £1309

Rebuys 166 x £6 = £996

Add Ons 84x £5.50 = £462

Total £2767

£2767 – £2528 (prize fund) =  £239 (Should equal rake total)

Working on 50p rake across the board

£119 rake on entry @ 50p x238

£42 rake on Add on @50p x 84

£83 rake on rebuys @50p x 166

Total £244 in total rake

So it looks as tho the prize fund is £5 larger that it should be ………..Bonus Time*

*(unless I have made a boo boo which is always possible)

• edited February 2013
    Dylan if you are going to do it do it properly ;))     Entrys 238 x £5.50 = £1309 Rebuys 166 x £6 = £996 Add Ons 84x £5.50 = £462 Total £2767   £2767 – £2528 (prize fund) =  £239 (Should equal rake total)   Working on 50p rake across the board   £119 rake on entry @ 50p x238 £42 rake on Add on @50p x 84 £83 rake on rebuys @50p x 166 Total £244 in total rake   So it looks as tho the prize fund is £5 larger that it should be ………..Bonus Time*   *(unless I have made a boo boo which is always possible)    
    Posted by hawk7112

Great....but I heard the rake was 56p tonight.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : Great....but I heard the rake was 56p tonight.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Stop throwing me Snowballs please ;)
  • edited February 2013
    Dylan if you are going to do it do it properly ;))     Entrys 238 x £5.50 = £1309 Rebuys 166 x £6 = £996 Add Ons 84x £5.50 = £462 Total £2767   £2767 – £2528 (prize fund) =  £239 (Should equal rake total)   Working on 50p rake across the board   £119 rake on entry @ 50p x238 £42 rake on Add on @50p x 84 £83 rake on rebuys @50p x 166 Total £244 in total rake   So it looks as tho the prize fund is £5 larger that it should be ………..Bonus Time*   *(unless I have made a boo boo which is always possible)    
    Posted by hawk7112
    Dave, if your gonna do it properly...

There were 85 add ons ;) 

So add on the £5 to your final total and we are spot on :) 
  • edited February 2013
    My lobby says 84 for some reason. 

Rebuys and Addons

Rebuys (166)
    unlimited @ £6 for 2000 chips
    Rebuy period
    Ended
    Addons (84)
    1 @ £5.50 for 4000 chips

• edited February 2013
    You made me go look again tho...

Rebuys and Addons
    Rebuys (166)unlimited @ £6 for 2000 chips
    Rebuy periodEnded
    Addons (85)1 @ £5.50 for 4000 chips
    Addon periodEnded

• edited February 2013
    You made me go look again tho... Rebuys and Addons Rebuys (166)unlimited @ £6 for 2000 chips Rebuy periodEnded Addons (85) 1 @ £5.50 for 4000 chips Addon periodEnded
    Posted by dylan12
    Strange that. Closed it and  opened it again and it shows 85

All that just to prove Flash right (neveragain) ;)
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Changes (Mains/Minis) : Strange that. Closed it and  opened it again and it shows 85 All that just to prove Flash right (neveragain) ;)
    Posted by hawk7112
    TBF, I doubt you will ever have to do that again ;) 
  • edited February 2013

Well at least we took the pressure off tommy

Run better

TommyD53383.75  
    tripbaby42210.50  
    mackarel2138081.50  
    smid220236539.25  
    RogueCell35705  
    bromley0435339.38  
    ST4RS35276.25  
    albania34795  
    Mistar_Wan34196.25  
    DANA7333692.50  
    cambodiaro30758.75  
    LAURA_P30672.50  
    Downey28625  
    scarfi0227141.25  
    swordsyboy26808.75  
    thewar_man25983.75
  • edited February 2013
    Trust him to be CL when they decide to take an extra 50p per rebuy for the PP!
  • edited February 2013
    Trust him to be CL when they decide to take an extra 50p per rebuy for the PP!
    Posted by Lambert180
    A lot of those rebuys were mine in the first place.
  • edited February 2013
    Anyways, if I win the mini I'll donate all of those extra 50p to Shelter.  Consider that booked.