You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Every Don has its day

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day.:
    hey m8 no read your thread for a few days like to leave it for a bit then read a few posts congrats to you and the mrs on the baby news. also I don`t mind you mentioning me regarding those hands I just ran really well vs you last night.Just usually when we get into 3/4bet pots with not so strong holdings just last night most time I was 3/4betting I had the goods this time which was awesome due to some history lol. but win or lose I like playing you because it`s fun and you are not a nit gl at tables.
    Posted by liamboi11

Yeah i agree. I was 6 tabling at one point HU on 2 and 3 handed on another but the one that was most fun was one where it was me u and someone agro lad 3 handed. Not very often you see 6 bet pots at NL10 :D 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day. : Yeah i agree. I was 6 tabling at one point HU on 2 and 3 handed on another but the one that was most fun was one where it was me u and someone agro lad 3 handed. Not very often you see 6 bet pots at NL10 :D 
    Posted by The_Don90

I thought the hands you were 3 and 4 betting were monsters to be honest mate :)

Congrats again to you and mel

No doubt will be seeing ya at the tables again soon.

Speak then. Good luck.

Daz.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day. : I thought the hands you were 3 and 4 betting were monsters to be honest mate :) Congrats again to you and mel No doubt will be seeing ya at the tables again soon. Speak then. Good luck. Daz.
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    I was going to play MC forgot about the sunday element - nice pot with the AQ buy the way 

you know me i always have the nuts lol :) 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day. : I was going to play MC forgot about the sunday element - nice pot with the AQ buy the way  you know me i always have the nuts lol :) 
    Posted by The_Don90

Yeah mate :)

The AQ hand i would never normally ship there but i knew the guy norm plays at much higher stakes and was splashing around abit so actually expected a call from much worse than what i had and was happy to race for the stacks there.

If you saw the QQ hand v his 22 later on where he floped a set that was just as Redmond said on the show, i was gonna just station him to river but the board ran out pretty ugly for me putting a Ace, King and poss straight there by the river and like i told you plenty times mate if you watch for players tendencies during hands some of them almost play their hands face up at times and although he was being aggro pre flop i had never seen him firing full pot on all three streets at any point without a monster so that combined with the way the board ran out made it a easy fold on river.

Hope to see you on the tables tuesday for the lolz.

Good luck.

Daz.
  • edited April 2013
    22nd April

So i Didn't sleep last night. I had planned a 4 hour afternoon session. Unfortunetly my mate challenged me to total war: Shogun 2 - my competitive edge took over, and 10 hours later we still hadn't finnished we eventually had to giver up for him to go to work. 

So instead of playing i slept. 

Its not too bad it saves mel getting up at night if we're awake. Although I have to sleep tonight as we have an appointment to register him tomorrow.

Anyways i decided to play, i origonally thought for an hour, but was closer to 2 hours. 

Some crazy hands, early on got KK v Q8o all in pre for like 200BB effective stack. 

The session did slow for a while but i was winning slightly more than losing. In the end i finnished a nice 3 buy ins up. I also got £12 for my cash in yesterdays mini primo - which was all in played. 

Bankroll: £250.62

• edited April 2013
    A very late update

Erm where to start. Firstly i havent played much. One medium session, +£27 for that.

Mel also final tabled for the first time on friday - a £2.30 (£250 GTD) bounty hunter. Think she ended up 3rd for like £16, horrid payout. If she wins her standard exit i think she goes onto winning. 

The weeman also seems to be getting big already. 

Will update properly more often, thought this would be a massive post and my mind is gone blank. 

Bankroll: £277.35

• edited April 2013

Hey Mate,

Glad thingsare going well. And nice profit! 10% of your bankroll.

Is it just 5p 10p you play? How do you think it plays there versus 2p 4p?

• edited April 2013
    Hey Don,

Don't post much anymore due to having a young un myself. He went 1 last Thursday. Just wanted to pop on and say a mahoosive congrats to you both.

Hope everything goes well and you have a bit of run good in life together.

Well done,

Sharpy.

Oh, yeah and I forgot to mention Rangers predicaments on previous visits. So lol.

;-)
  • edited April 2013
    Hey man.Apologies for the delay.Just catchin up on various threads atm.Congrats on the kid and hope the weemans ok.
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited April 2013
    I'll sit down at one of your tables mate, if your playing 10nl over the next couple of days.

I'm going to give a bit of 10nl a go as well as 2p-4p. I'll just be 1 tabling cash, and prob playing a few hus games at the same time to keep me focussed. Times i've player at 10nl before, it's not been that much different, maybe a few more bluffs/ slightly tighter.

I'll see you at a table soon:D
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day.:
    Hey Don, Don't post much anymore due to having a young un myself. He went 1 last Thursday. Just wanted to pop on and say a mahoosive congrats to you both. Hope everything goes well and you have a bit of run good in life together. Well done, Sharpy. Oh, yeah and I forgot to mention Rangers predicaments on previous visits. So lol. ;-)
    Posted by DrSharp
    Cheers mate

In regards to Rangers, we will be back and we will be alot stronger for it. The problem i see is with Murray and his EBT scheme - weather proven legal or not, Craig Whyte - how he ever got a football club ill never know. Now it seems Charles Green has some skeletons, the only wway i see us going forward now is if we are fan run. 

Hey man.Apologies for the delay.Just catchin up on various threads atm.Congrats on the kid and hope the weemans ok. Be good Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Thanks mate :) 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day.:
    Hey Mate, Glad thingsare going well. And nice profit! 10% of your bankroll. Is it just 5p 10p you play? How do you think it plays there versus 2p 4p?
    Posted by LARSON7

I'll sit down at one of your tables mate, if your playing 10nl over the next couple of days. I'm going to give a bit of 10nl a go as well as 2p-4p. I'll just be 1 tabling cash, and prob playing a few hus games at the same time to keep me focussed. Times i've player at 10nl before, it's not been that much different, maybe a few more bluffs/ slightly tighter. I'll see you at a table soon:D
    Posted by LARSON7

Cheers. NL10- does play slightly differently players will mix it up a little. Some players sit there tighter than well i wont go there. Others can be super aggro. Id say there is fewer fish but thats not a problem. 

I'd be happpy to share a table with you for a while. Not sure when ill be playing tho. 
  • edited May 2013
    Another update

So i finally managed to get a full 1 hour session - hooray. I also havent ben sleping well of late this is the issue. Im in some totally horrid sleeping routine, Ive stayed awake today to try get some normalty. Rangers title party has helped. 

Lol at the BBC, again managing to get banned from Ibrox for not being fair or truthful apparently. Im not sure what i believe but considering the ban from this current Rangers board i have no reason to dispute it. However i expect the club to be fined for the issue. 

As for next season i cant wait to see Cammy Bell in a Rangers shirt, really rated him as a keeper for years. I literally commented 2 years ago tipping him as the ideal replacement for Alan McGregor, although since the recent changes i never thought id see it. 

I also hope to see some more signings, Goian and Bocanegra return. Really hope we keep Carlos. Id like to see us continue to develop youth players too. 

Anyways off football. I played a small session as mentioned. I played for just over an hour. Lost some won some, some very crazy hands. 

Bankroll: £288.53

• edited May 2013
    Early May Update

Finally managed to get a decent sleep. although i admit i was very tired. However in the end i did manage to get a 2/3 hour session in. 

I've also started using "sticky notes" for jotting things down, and loading my pc up this morning i see I've flagged up 9 hands I'm not happy with in session. Obviously there will be more i need to review but i was flagging as soon as the hand finnished in most cases. 

Anyways the session did involve some NL20 as it was mastercash day, and im a telle s***. 

I have to admit i feel i played well first hour or so of my session but let my standards slip as it went on. Without a £10 mistake and losing £30 on final 2 hands - with QQ(first one was unlucky, 2nd one was very following hand on the same table v the same guy, kind of annoying spot where i ffs shoved), this could have been my most profitable session in a long time. 

However that doesn't mean im not happy i was still +30

Bankroll: £318.78 

When are cash for points due this month, cant say iv seen mine enter my account yet. 

• edited May 2013
    Great progress,

How do you rate the play at 20nl?

Is the jump from 10 />20 bigger than the one from 4>10?

Cheers
  • edited May 2013
    Great progress, How do you rate the play at 20nl? Is the jump from 10 />20 bigger than the one from 4 />10? Cheers
    Posted by calcalfold
    4 - 10 is probably the biggest jump ive played. Ive only look up as far as nl30 - not played that level, but most of the [players are familiar to me, id personally say little things start mattering more.

Reads are so important. 

One thing i will say, you seem keen to learn, good to see u finally moving up, dont be scared to sit down with "regs" even if they are better than you, long term you will learn how to beat them and that will make you a better player. 
  • edited May 2013
    Sunday watever of May lol 

I was doing a hand review with a few people today and it really gave me the urge to play a proper session. Learnt lots of cool things too. 

Anyways that brings me onto a new avatar. One of the lads i was discussing a hand with said something about something not being cool and thats what made it cool. And it reminded me of the south park episode where Wendy batters Cartman, and i then thought, you know what would be a good avatar for a poker forum, Cartman from the WoW episode. To be fair the one i was using was getting slightly old too. 

Anyways so i had a session. And for the second session  in a row im actually disappointed i haven't made much much more. A few weird spots towards the end and one 200BB flip v reg (middle pair + flush draw v TPGK), then a very awkward spot, 3 way in a 3bet pot with jacks. One guy was solid probably should have folded v him, but the weaker player had the bigger stack and i lost a fiull 150BB on the river as his 74o hit some weird straight. 

I feel this is showing progress, im adding much more to my game by the day. 2013 has probably the steepest learning curve ive had since i began playing poker. I think realising you can make mistakes and more importantly admitting to them is probably the first door to ever open. Yes is still curse variance, but i know players far better and far more profitable than me who also do that. Its how you deal with it after. 

Anyways

Bankroll: £362.56

Points: 249 - nice new system already got £2.49 wrapped up for next month :) 
  • edited May 2013
    The worst day of poker ive ever had 

Im not sure going to post hands. Urgh horrible day 

Never won a hand v this oppo, not sure why i even called
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    The_Don90 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £26.47
    RemyMartin Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £20.50
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

Rumpy Fold     
    foldUfairy Fold     
    slade02 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £114.10
    darryl1976 Call  £0.60 £1.50 £53.46
    The_Don90 Raise  £2.00 £3.50 £24.47
    RemyMartin Fold     
    slade02 All-in  £114.10 £117.60 £0.00
    darryl1976 Fold     
    The_Don90 All-in  £24.47 £142.07 £0.00
    slade02 Unmatched bet  £88.13 £53.94 £88.13
    The_Don90 Show
    • K
    • K

slade02 Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

slade02 Win Pair of Aces £52.14  £140.27
    sigh
    STR1BS Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £40.33
    rocco15 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £15.67
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

slade02 Fold     
    mikeyboy11 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £20.81
    The_Don90 Raise  £0.80 £1.30 £41.21
    STR1BS Fold     
    rocco15 Fold     
    mikeyboy11 Raise  £3.00 £4.30 £17.81
    The_Don90 All-in  £41.21 £45.51 £0.00
    mikeyboy11 All-in  £17.81 £63.32 £0.00
    The_Don90 Unmatched bet  £21.00 £42.32 £21.00
    mikeyboy11 Show

The_Don90 Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

mikeyboy11 Win Four 9s £40.52  £40.52

ohhh
    GELDY Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £39.13
    Rumpy Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £66.65
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • K

walks2311 Fold     
    wudibluff Fold     
    RemyMartin Fold     
    The_Don90 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £20.37
    GELDY Raise  £1.70 £2.60 £37.43
    Rumpy Fold     
    The_Don90 Raise  £3.60 £6.20 £16.77
    GELDY Raise  £7.20 £13.40 £30.23
    The_Don90 All-in  £16.77 £30.17 £0.00
    GELDY Call  £11.97 £42.14 £18.26
    GELDY Show
    • A
    • J

The_Don90 Show
    • J
    • K

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• J

GELDY Win Pair of Jacks £40.34  £58.60
    as hand 1
    longman912 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £0.71
    Rumpy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £32.86
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

TKDROB Call  £0.10 £0.25 £22.22
    mazzi Raise  £0.20 £0.45 £36.22
    The_Don90 Call  £0.20 £0.65 £19.45
    slade02 Call  £0.20 £0.85 £29.78
    longman912 Fold     
    Rumpy Fold     
    TKDROB Call  £0.10 £0.95 £22.12
    Flop

• A
    • Q

TKDROB Check     
    mazzi Check     
    The_Don90 Bet  £0.50 £1.45 £18.95
    slade02 Call  £0.50 £1.95 £29.28
    TKDROB Fold     
    mazzi Fold     
    Turn

• J

The_Don90 Bet  £1.50 £3.45 £17.45
    slade02 All-in  £29.28 £32.73 £0.00
    The_Don90 All-in  £17.45 £50.18 £0.00
    slade02 Unmatched bet  £10.33 £39.85 £10.33
    The_Don90 Show
    • A
    • J

slade02 Show
    • K

River

slade02 Win Straight to the Ace £38.45  £48.78

Bankroll: £289.50 (inc cash for points income -81 today for cash)

• edited May 2013

Hand 3, hmmm dont like that one dude.

Pretty brave of you playing 20nl, just chalk that one down to experience and crack on at 4nl.
  • edited May 2013
    Hand 1 - cooler

Hand 2 - Ul

Hand 3 - I assume you're gonna say there's some kinda dynamic here cos obv in a vacuum this is awful, but just flat the 3bet IP.

Hand 4 - Raise or fold pre imo. I'd probably go to 90p-£1. As played, like Greg said, I think the flop is fine but the turn is a fold, unless you have notes otherwise this is always nutty, He could reasonable decide to just take off with QJ, but I reckon more often it's hands that beat you.
  • edited May 2013
    Played omaha with tikay etc

lost 50quid in 30 mins. 

sigh i give up. 
  • edited May 2013
    Hand 1 - cooler Hand 2 - Ul Hand 3 - I assume you're gonna say there's some kinda dynamic here cos obv in a vacuum this is awful, but just flat the 3bet IP. Hand 4 - Raise or fold pre imo. I'd probably go to 90p-£1. As played, like Greg said, I think the flop is fine but the turn is a fold, unless you have notes otherwise this is always nutty, He could reasonable decide to just take off with QJ, but I reckon more often it's hands that beat you.
    Posted by Lambert180

This.

Hand 3 just looks like the tilt from all the suckouts may have started to creep in mate and if Geldy has picked up on this then it makes what he is holding a monster.

Hope things pick up for ya mate
  • edited May 2013
    Played omaha with tikay etc lost 50quid in 30 mins.  sigh i give up. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Morning Don.

I hope you don't mind me saying, but........you need to do some work on Omaha "basics" before playing any more Omaha Cash. YOU CANNOT TRANSFER NLHE THINKING TO OMAHA. They are different games, completely.

I would strongly suggest you play some Omaha DYM's or Tourneys at the £3 or so level. These would be incredibly beneficial to you, & you'll learn Omaha basics quickly, & at little cost.

The hand where you got it all-in pre last night was NOT the right hand, or situation, to go to war with. It WAS a nice (ish) hand, but you are better with that hand, when 3 way, to take a flop, & then proceed from there. Think you had Q high, something like Q-J-9-8?

So dont forget - try & learn the basics via low cost DYM's or MTT's.
  • edited May 2013
    Don has asked me to pop on. 

He said he agrees with Tikay that he needs to work on omaha, and that the omaha has no baring on his decisions and asked that you don't take it personal with that post. 

Don took the decisision to self exclude for a few days yesterday. He says he regrets it now but its probably for the best. He said he will respond properly when hes back on in a couple of days. 
  • edited May 2013

Ooh, never knew that. Hope he is OK, & wish him well from me, please.
  • edited May 2013
    Hi tikay not sure if you'll read this or not as i know your currently enjoying the sights and scenes of dublin. 

For what its worth i know i didnt play great at the omaha. I have some knowledge of omaha probably not enough for cash admitedy, but mkuch better than 89QJ double suited all in pre for 100BB. A few other hands where standard variance, one flush over flush i should have got away from as my opponent just is never bluffing. 

I was still tilted from the night before and i felt the omaha and fun factor of what you where offering would be good. Didnt go to plan and i took the decisision to self exclude. I spent alot of time with the family and played a little live. 

• edited May 2013
    Where abouts do you play don?

Welcome back mate, hope you are feeling better now, and run good!

All the best mate
  • edited May 2013
    Where abouts do you play don? Welcome back mate, hope you are feeling better now, and run good! All the best mate
    Posted by LARSON7
    Sometimes the Genting/Maybury in Edinburgh. I require a lift though so really depends on when and where my old man fancies playing. 

Was a pub game on friday though. 
  • edited May 2013
    hi Don,

pleased you are back

feel very guilty that one of my hands was in the villains parade - hand3 above

just that the way play was going on the table i thought i would put you to the test
    b#lls you have
    best hand - that time not
    gl m8
  • edited May 2013
    hi Don, pleased you are back feel very guilty that one of my hands was in the villains parade - hand3 above just that the way play was going on the table i thought i would put you to the test b#lls you have best hand - that time not gl m8
    Posted by GELDY
    haha have no guilt please mate. I posted the 4 biggest losing hands, your hand was probably the least standard, but probably the most interesting. I like spots where it becomes a whits battle. If im honest i sorta knew what you where at and i felt i could get you off it. Not 100% sure but you did take time to call so i suspect you maybe wanted to fold - i dont know - i shouldnt 6 bet bluff lol :)