You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Life In The Middle Lane

Comments

• edited June 2013
    so we got back from a pretty exhausting 9 day excursion to ireland last night...shocking journey home, hot & stop-start traffic all the way, not at all stressful.

we visited friends in enniskillen for a couple of days, went to dublin zoo (best i've seen), squeezed in a day at the seaside & then it was of to my half-sisters wedding where i even ventured onto the dance floor (let's dance).
    the head wasn't too bad the following morning, probably helps that i was in bed by 1am #confirmedlightweight

i was pretty much offline for the entire trip which meant there was heaps of catching up to do this morning; after weeks of dithering i finally ordered my vegas currency, did it online & it's supposed to arrive by post later this week so there's a small sweat building til that little package arrives...

amanda heads back to her folks in shropshire tomorrow, 'for a break', & tbh what with her manning the fort single-handedly whilst i'm in vegas she'll need it.

i plan to play a full MTT schedule most nights from 8pm onwards; apologies in advance for any iffy plays that cost you your stack!
  • edited June 2013
    had a pretty flat week online with just one final table for a 4th place finish (i think)...had been running pretty hot in the fortnight up to that so no grumbles.

went & played spt birmingham on saturday...i love these events, the atmosphere is great & it's always nice to put a few faces to names.

i chipped up pretty well from level 4 onwards then just couldn't seem to progess; had to raise fold a few hands & although still above average i hero'd a BB shove with K-8 for 10bb & his A9s stayed good...then got my last 10bb in w K-8s & lost to a good call with 3-3 from jamie-lou.

off to gatwick tonight then fly to vegas tomorrow morning for a fortnight; i'm playing 4xWSOP events for sky & my schedule looks like this;

wed 1100 venetian
    thur 1500 wsop
    sat 1500 wsop
    sun 1000 wsop
    tue 600 venetian
    wed 1000 turbo wsop 
    thur 500 venetian
    sat 1500 wsop
    sun 1000 wsop
    mon 600 venetian

will post regular updates on here

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Life In The Middle Lane:
    had a pretty flat week online with just one final table for a 4th place finish (i think)...had been running pretty hot in the fortnight up to that so no grumbles. went & played spt birmingham on saturday...i love these events, the atmosphere is great & it's always nice to put a few faces to names. i chipped up pretty well from level 4 onwards then just couldn't seem to progess; had to raise fold a few hands & although still above average i hero'd a BB shove with K-8 for 10bb & his A9s stayed good...then got my last 10bb in w K-8s & lost to a good call with 3-3 from jamie-lou. off to gatwick tonight then fly to vegas tomorrow morning for a fortnight; i'm playing 4xWSOP events for sky & my schedule looks like this; wed 1100 venetian thur 1500 wsop sat 1500 wsop sun 1000 wsop tue 600 venetian wed 1000 turbo wsop  thur 500 venetian sat 1500 wsop sun 1000 wsop mon 600 venetian will post regular updates on here
    Posted by yoyo
    Good to see you at the weekend. All the best in Vegas, win the lot!
  • edited June 2013
    Life in the.middle lane... thought this was a midlife crisis thread... seeing as you are in that cat ;) good to see you again at weekend btw! spamming the forum today it seems :)
  • edited June 2013
    had a pretty flat week online with just one final table for a 4th place finish (i think)...had been running pretty hot in the fortnight up to that so no grumbles. went & played spt birmingham on saturday...i love these events, the atmosphere is great & it's always nice to put a few faces to names. i chipped up pretty well from level 4 onwards then just couldn't seem to progess; had to raise fold a few hands & although still above average i hero'd a BB shove with K-8 for 10bb & his A9s stayed good...then got my last 10bb in w K-8s & lost to a good call with 3-3 from jamie-lou. off to gatwick tonight then fly to vegas tomorrow morning for a fortnight; i'm playing 4xWSOP events for sky & my schedule looks like this; wed 1100 venetian thur 1500 wsop sat 1500 wsop sun 1000 wsop tue 600 venetian wed 1000 turbo wsop  thur 500 venetian sat 1500 wsop sun 1000 wsop mon 600 venetian will post regular updates on here
    Posted by yoyo
    Best of luck in Vegas sir.

P.S.  I was sat to your right on your first table in Birmingham.  I didn't say much; I was pathetically starstruck. 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Life In The Middle Lane : Best of luck in Vegas sir. P.S.  I was sat to your right on your first table in Birmingham.  I didn't say much; I was pathetically starstruck. 
    Posted by Wilhelm
    You must be confused Mr Willlhelm - I never played the Main Event on Saturday.
  • edited June 2013
    tx guys,

& willhelm, you were the guy pressing my small blind at every opportunity from the button right?

wp sir!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Life In The Middle Lane : You must be confused Mr Willlhelm - I never played the Main Event on Saturday.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You may be on to something there Tikay, as I needed a bit of Dutch courage before I could pay you what I had intended as a very high compliment.  Incidentally I find it very easy conversing with Richard, which must mean I have absolutely no respect for him.

GL in Vegas!
  • edited June 2013
    tx guys, & willhelm, you were the guy pressing my small blind at every opportunity from the button right? wp sir!
    Posted by yoyo
    I think I must have given you a walk at least once...
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Life In The Middle Lane : Best of luck in Vegas sir. P.S.  I was sat to your right on your first table in Birmingham.  I didn't say much; I was pathetically starstruck
    Posted by Wilhelm
    You were indeed very quiet.  I thought you were just a focused indvidual!  This explains things :)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Life In The Middle Lane : You were indeed very quiet.  I thought you were just a focused indvidual!  This explains things :)
    Posted by Bromley023
    At least that charge can never be levelled at you, Natalie, can it?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Life In The Middle Lane : At least that charge can never be levelled at you, Natalie, can it?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm sure I don't know what you mean my dear ... 
  • edited June 2013

In case he cannot access the Forum today, news from Julian in Vegas is that he played the first tournament on his schedule today, an $1,100 jobbie at The Venetian.

He has just finished Day One (midnight Vegas, 8am here) & he made Day Two with around 54,000, the average is probably 60,000. 

He's pretty exhausted, what with the long flight & a full day pokering, so I'm not sure when he'll be able to Post on here, but if I hear further from him, I'll let you know.

If he makes Day Three, I will probably bump into him at The Venetian, as my first Tourney is there too, tomorrow. Ooohhhh....

• edited June 2013
    In case he cannot access the Forum today, news from Julian in Vegas is that he played the first tournament on his schedule today, an $1,100 jobbie at The Venetian. He has just finished Day One (midnight Vegas, 8am here) & he made Day Two with around 54,000, the average is probably 60,000.  He's pretty exhausted, what with the long flight & a full day pokering, so I'm not sure when he'll be able to Post on here, but if I hear further from him, I'll let you know. If he makes Day Three, I will probably bump into him at The Venetian, as my first Tourney is there too, tomorrow. Ooohhhh....   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Meh I'm "Well Jel!" :)

Have a fantastic time tikay and Julian! Win lots please!
  • edited June 2013
    had a smooth journey over, redmond & the boatman brothers were also on the flight...it was a new plane, we had economy seats upstairs & you now get to watch movies when you like rather than them being looped every couple of hours; watched flight & jack reacher, really enjoyed them both.

i headed over to the venetian once i'd checked into the mirage, reg'd for a $150 sng & jumped in a $1-2 game while i waited for it to fill.

sat with $300, raise/cbet/folded a few hands, then there were 5 limps & i limped along with Q-4 on the button (now you know why i don't play many cash games)...anyway the flop fell Q,4,4 & i ended up winning a $800 pot ;o) the sng never filled & i was in bed for 10, not a bad way to beat the jet lag.

played day 1b of the $1100 at the venetian yesterday, 15k stacks & a 1hr clock with all the levels. struggled to chip up until after dinner, reached a high of 70k with an hour to go but lost a couple of pots to end the day on 54k...i'm guessing average is 60-70k, with i'm guessing 100ish players left, $98k up top; restart in 4 hrs.

here are a couple of memorable hands;

1. new guy sits down midway thru the day, we're both playing 20k; he raised UTG, one call, i call AQ on the button,
    we all check the 4,6,10 flop, he led the 9 on the turn & the 10 on the river, i called him down as i didn't think he was repping much but he had A-10...checking the flop really disguised his hand.

2. level 7, playing 12k, 250/500/75, it goes raise, call, call, SB calls, i'm in the bb with 7-3 & throw in the extra 500,
    the 3,6,8 flop is checked around, 8 on the turn, initial raiser now bets 2200, spewy-ish guy makes it 4800 & i'm sat there just thinking 'really guys?', shoved 11.5k & got it through...i was really happy that i pulled the trigger there & that pot got me back in the game.

will update later on how day 2 went, going back with 45 bigs so plenty of wiggle room for a level or two & hey i haven't had aces yet.
  • edited June 2013
    went out about 7 off the money pushing KJ on a J high flop vs the nut flush draw, ace on the river, grr...was pretty disappointed as i was confident i was going to sneak into the money with a sub average stack & push on from there.

tony, dylan & ryan arrived yesterday, went for eats with dylan & ryan while tony jumped straight into the 600 plo8 at the venetian...the three of us then jumped in the 7pm 200, ryan was still in at midnight with a good stack & 50 left...it was 8k up top, def a nice little bankroll builder to try & take down.

off to rio shortly for the first of there 1500 weekend mega-runner events...goal is get thru the day!
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    Julian, is it true you solid 10k worth of packages in the WSOP at 1.54MU?
  • edited June 2013
    Julian, is it true you solid 10k worth of packages in the WSOP at 1.54MU?
    Posted by Smitalos
    I can never tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but if you are refering to a tweet last week, he was selling 10k USD at 1.54:1 exchange rate
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Life In The Middle Lane : I can never tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but if you are refering to a tweet last week, he was selling 10k USD at 1.54:1 exchange rate
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    Ahhhh that must've been what it was then. Just heard from someone he was selling pieces at huge MU, obviously a bit skeptical, just wanted to make sure it was mostly chinese whispers. ty Coxy.
  • edited June 2013
    You watched 'flight' while flying!!!  Your a braver man than me Julian.

GLGL!
  • edited June 2013

Last time I saw Julian last night (around11pm) he was going along nicely, around average chips.

Will Upload some photos of him, Scotty & Dylan in today's Blog.

• edited June 2013

Jules made Day Two with 28,000 @ 600/1,200.

225 players remain, 216 paid.

Go Thewy!

Scotty won a STT for $1,300, & so is freerolling today's $1,000 Event.

Don't ask how I got on, please......

• edited June 2013
    bubble lasted about 45 mins in the 1500 with 20bb (older guy folded JJ w 8bb & someone with 1.5bb cashed), find 99 UTG, min raise & a 50bb shoved the button...i called fairly quickly which i regret now...felt i was the best player on the table & was most likely flipping at best; i'm deep in a really big event (maybe happens 3 or 4) times a year) & 18bb is still v playable.

oh well, hopefully i'll make a better decision next time (he had JJ btw)...pretty sure redmond was still in, spoke to him late on day1 & he had a good stack.

so i late regged the 1000 which meant i had 30bb in level 3...table looked good & i made a little headway before i hit a dry spell which meant i dribbled down...eventually shoving 12bb w 22 into 99.

went back to the rio today with dylan & ryan, railed tony for a bit in the 1500 plo8, played a 365, a 525 sng & the massive field 235 deepsatck...didn't play great & am gonna take a day off tomorrow, seeing my sister who's on her honeymoon for lunch & out for steak somewhere tomorrow night,

changed my schedule & have dropped a couple of venetian events for wsop ones...playing the 1000 turbo on wednesday & the 1500 shoot out on thursday before the weekends 1500/1000 combo,

spirits are high, settled in
  • edited June 2013

not much of an upturn to report i’m afraid although myself & dylan railed my good friend lovejoy to a 3-way chop in the 500 at the wynn last night...good for 53k, very nice, well deserved.

didn’t really ever get going in the turbo or the shoot-out, played very patiently in both but was pretty card & spot dead, busted the turbo getting 77 in vs KQ & in the shoot-out we were down to six when i got KK in vs QQ & AA, sigh!

went over to rail ryan who was 3-handed & i immediately bokked him as he snap bust in a tough match,

we’re all playing a one-dayer at the aria today, a 340 & first is usually 17ish so plenty of scope for getting out of it, then it’s back to the rio tomorrow for the 1500/1000 weekend jobbies...gotta be an optimist in this line of work!

• edited June 2013
    so back in the uk after my 15 day excursion & so far i seem to be managing the jet lag ok, i usually find it really bad on the return leg.

came home a loser, lost on the sng's, small winner on the cash tables & didn't hit any big paydays on the mtt front...played 13, made 3 day 2's, two cashes but no final tables & as we all know that's where the real lolly is.

had fun sweating ryan for the last 2 levels of a 1500 day2, alas he fell during the last few minutes after peddling a short stack for many levels; good laddering, 15k & with my 5% i finally purchased myself an ipad mini...tyty sir!

hoping to get back into the online groove by sunday, we have friends over this weeekend & a house party here on saturday night...been a few years now since we've had one, lots of prep but will be fun!

• edited June 2013
    Great updates Julian. Ul on not managing any deep runs but that's MTTs for ya.

Hope you'll be making an appearance for the 6max at DTD.
  • edited June 2013
    hey lambert,
    yep you're quite right, it all comes down to sample size/volume & yes i wouldn't dream of missing a 6 max on my doorstep!
  • edited July 2013

Hi Julian

I've been playing just over two years mainly 2.20 deep stacks and recently some 200 gtd.

I started keeping a simple results record the last few months and it has really helped me focus and keep track of profit and loss.

games   wins   final tables   cashes  no good

Just wondered if you kept records of on line play, and also what                                  percentage of tournys you aimed to cash in or if it matters to you.

I'm sure you would get a great welcome if you could ever find the time                             to play with the 7.15 gang.

Thanks.

Daggers.

• edited September 2013
    ahoy!

i've dusted off the cobwebs & after kicking back for most of the summer it's time to get the grind back on & earn me some lolly,

started back at the newcastle SPT then hit the stoke GPS last week & i'm off up to manchester for the GUKPT tomorrow evening.

not even a whiff of any scores on the doors yet but morale is high!

will keep y'all posted