You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moyes. Man U and 2013/4

edited April 2014 in Betting Chat
Like Moyes but if he gets the job he has hell ava task and I have the feeling he is a bit of an unlucky manager to boot.

Add to this that United are a team in general on the way down and were helped immensely by Van Persie's goals, will he have two fit seasons on the trot ?  Also will other teams and United continue to beleive in their invincibilty now Fergie gone.

We all missed out on the 25-1 for Moyes to take over , dont miss out on this if you can find a price.

MAN UNITED TO FINISH OUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFYING PLACES IN 2013/4 PREMIERSHIP.

Get on and remeber you heard it here first.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Moyes. Man U and 2013/4:
    Like Moyes but if he gets the job he has hell ava task and I have the feeling he is a bit of an unlucky manager to boot. Add to this that United are a team in general on the way down and were helped immensely by Van Persie's goals, will he have two fit seasons on the trot ?  Also will other teams and United continue to beleive in their invincibilty now Fergie gone. We all missed out on the 25-1 for Moyes to take over , dont miss out on this if you can find a price. MAN UNITED TO FINISH OUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFYING PLACES IN 2013/4 PREMIERSHIP. Get on and remeber you heard it here first.     
    Posted by vaigret
    You must truely be a man of the cloth! Because many of us have dreamed such a wonderful scenario even when Fergie was at the helm....And maybe even PRAYED for such an event. Fingers crossed that somebody with a lnik to the high cheese may sway/help this outcome.
  • edited May 2013
    mate i respect alot you say when it comes to gambling but this statement is borderline insane, man utd as a club move on and will continue to win trophies, even though the bookies have moyes allready in the old trafford changing room i wouldnt rule out jose getting the job, who ever gets the job will be a top manager anyway and man utd will continue to be the number 1 team in england!! if i new how to lay bets i would give you 500/1 on man utd being out of the top 4 next season
  • edited May 2013
     I UNDERSTAND DAVID MOYES IS A DONE DEAL FATHER V.
    REMEMBER FEW MONTHS BACK,THERE WERE  STORIES ABOUT HIM LEAVING EVERTON AT THE END OF THIS SEASON.
    THEY SAID ON THE FOCUS SPECIAL LAST NIGHT IT WOULD BE ANNOUNCED TODAY.
    PLEASE STOP MENTIONING THAT P**T MOURINHO- ARROGANT G*T HIS EGO'S TOO BIG FOR THIS JOB.
    ALSO HOPE THEY DON'T BRING BACK THE DIVER RONALDO.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Moyes. Man U and 2013/4:
    Like Moyes but if he gets the job he has hell ava task and I have the feeling he is a bit of an unlucky manager to boot. Add to this that United are a team in general on the way down and were helped immensely by Van Persie's goals, will he have two fit seasons on the trot ?  Also will other teams and United continue to beleive in their invincibilty now Fergie gone. We all missed out on the 25-1 for Moyes to take over , dont miss out on this if you can find a price. MAN UNITED TO FINISH OUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFYING PLACES IN 2013/4 PREMIERSHIP. Get on and remeber you heard it here first.     
    Posted by vaigret
    I agree with you!
    Let me know when you find some odds available!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4:
    mate i respect alot you say when it comes to gambling but this statement is borderline insane, man utd as a club move on and will continue to win trophies, even though the bookies have moyes allready in the old trafford changing room i wouldnt rule out jose getting the job, who ever gets the job will be a top manager anyway and man utd will continue to be the number 1 team in england!! if i new how to lay bets i would give you 500/1 on man utd being out of the top 4 next season
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Sorry mate I would agree with you if it was to be Mourinho(sorry bazzer) but it isnt , he will go to Chelsea and you will see Chelsea and Man City fighting for top spot with Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool and Man U up their backsides.

Moyes is a done deal.

Players - De Gea still dodgy, Rafael-dodgy, Evra coming to end of career, Ferdinand crocked , Evans, Smalling not good enough if pressure on them , give you Vidic is good.
    Scholes and Giggs on way out, Carrick and Jones good but cleverley, Kagawa bit ligtweight. Rooney in a sulk, will Van Persie avoid injuries. The other thing you have got to ask yourself is how many of the Man U players will teams come for , only the outstanding ones I suggest. In other words the other clubs would have lots of clubs knocking on the door for a lot of their players.

I might be way off mark but I just have this feeling that United will struggle 2013/4 and I will take your 500-1.
    £2 on please , thank you

father V
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : Sorry mate I would agree with you if it was to be Mourinho(sorry bazzer) but it isnt , he will go to Chelsea and you will see Chelsea and Man City fighting for top spot with Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool and Man U up their backsides. Moyes is a done deal. Players - De Gea still dodgy, Rafael-dodgy, Evra coming to end of career, Ferdinand crocked , Evans, Smalling not good enough if pressure on them , give you Vidic is good. Scholes and Giggs on way out, Carrick and Jones good but cleverley, Kagawa bit ligtweight. Rooney in a sulk, will Van Persie avoid injuries. The other thing you have got to ask yourself is how many of the Man U players will teams come for , only the outstanding ones I suggest. In other words the other clubs would have lots of clubs knocking on the door for a lot of their players.   I might be way off mark but I just have this feeling that United will struggle 2013/4 and I will take your 500-1. £2 on please , thank you father V
    Posted by vaigret
    been to old trafford numerous times this year and never missed a game on the box either and to be honest i dont no how you can say all this about the current players, de gea is getting better and better and has had a good season hence the reason why he was in the pfa team of the year, rafeals rash at times but has also been excellent this year, evans and smalling will turn out to be top class defenders no doubt and if you ever watched kagawa play for dortmund last year then you will realise how good hes going to be for united, just taking time to settle. rooney looks like hes on his way out and in will come a big replacement, man utd will not stand still. 

if man utd dont finish in the top 2 next year i will never play poker or have a bet again, thats how sure i am!!! 

p.s keep of them joints father. lol
  • edited May 2013
    Rock please dont leave us , please please please withdraw your comments re the first two.

Not in the first two is a certainty, they might finish 3rd or 4th but not top two.

You are letting your heart rule your head.

You are totally underestimating how good a manager Fergie was and the aura of invincibilty he built up at Old Trafford. Also history , remember what happened after Sir Matt and he left a brilliant squad behind him.

Moyes wont get the job done in a year , Fergie could see he was too reliant on Van Persie and he needed to rebuild again, he couldnt face it. Hoping Moyes gets them back in Title mode in 2 or 3 years as I like him but it will be long haul. 

One thing mate, it will certainly make for an interesting season.

Now where is that wac ky baccy
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : Sorry mate I would agree with you if it was to be Mourinho(sorry bazzer) but it isnt , he will go to Chelsea and you will see Chelsea and Man City fighting for top spot with Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool and Man U up their backsides. Moyes is a done deal. Players - De Gea still dodgy, Rafael-dodgy, Evra coming to end of career, Ferdinand crocked , Evans, Smalling not good enough if pressure on them , give you Vidic is good. Scholes and Giggs on way out, Carrick and Jones good but cleverley, Kagawa bit ligtweight. Rooney in a sulk, will Van Persie avoid injuries. The other thing you have got to ask yourself is how many of the Man U players will teams come for , only the outstanding ones I suggest. In other words the other clubs would have lots of clubs knocking on the door for a lot of their players.   I might be way off mark but I just have this feeling that United will struggle 2013/4 and I will take your 500-1. £2 on please , thank you father V
    Posted by vaigret

Tax paid??

• edited May 2013
    Rock please dont leave us , please please please withdraw your comments re the first two. Not in the first two is a certainty, they might finish 3rd or 4th but not top two. You are letting your heart rule your head.   You are totally underestimating how good a manager Fergie was and the aura of invincibilty he built up at Old Trafford. Also history , remember what happened after Sir Matt and he left a brilliant squad behind him. Moyes wont get the job done in a year , Fergie could see he was too reliant on Van Persie and he needed to rebuild again, he couldnt face it. Hoping Moyes gets them back in Title mode in 2 or 3 years as I like him but it will be long haul.  One thing mate, it will certainly make for an interesting season. Now where is that wac ky baccy
    Posted by vaigret
    im definately not underestimating sir alex, hes the greatest manager to ever live how could anyone, i just think man utd have far to much strenght  in depth in there squad to ever be out of the top 4 regardless of who manages the club. dont under estimte moyes either, he is a brilliant manager just lacks experience in europe. time will tell mate anyway and when utd lift there 21st league title next year il give you a holla. ok pal :-)
  • edited May 2013
    Ronaldo back at Utd?
  • edited May 2013
    I do not like man utd, but i must admit they have done a great thing here.  Firstly getting a manager they wanted on long term contract (6 years), not like other teams i.e Chelsea (intrim managers).

Man utd will be top 2 again next year, and will be team to beat again, be very intressting who Moyes brings in this summer tho.

I think chelsea will struggle next year as had very hard season this year and still no manager taking over for certain as yet. Also with torres (rubbish) and doubts about Lampard staying (maybe joing man utd) thats a different topic lol.

so both Mancester clubs top 2 for deffo.
  • edited May 2013
    Ronaldo back at Utd?
    Posted by chris1963
    ronaldo is like a son to fergie and is hugely close to mourinho, dont think david moyes could pull this one off to be honest, if spurs dont make champions league i can see gareth bale signing for united in the summer.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : You must truely be a man of the cloth! Because many of us have dreamed such a wonderful scenario even when Fergie was at the helm....And maybe even PRAYED for such an event. Fingers crossed that somebody with a lnik to the high cheese may sway/help this outcome.
    Posted by Any2Suited

Quite simply one of the best, most accurate posts ever writtten on the Sky Poker community.

I like Moyes as well, but May 8th was the long awaited start of Man Utd's decline! :)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : im definately not underestimating sir alex, hes the greatest manager to ever live how could anyone, i just think man utd have far to much strenght  in depth in there squad to ever be out of the top 4 regardless of who manages the club. dont under estimte moyes either, he is a brilliant manager just lacks experience in europe. time will tell mate anyway and when utd lift there 21st league title next year il give you a holla. ok pal :-)
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Rock

I'll look forward to your holla and you can tell me how wrong I was , but unfortunately unless you reverse your top two comment you will be lost to us and I wouldnt want that.

God Bless you my son and hope you dont have to give up betting and poker come May 2014

Father V
  • edited May 2013
    I do not like man utd, but i must admit they have done a great thing here.  Firstly getting a manager they wanted on long term contract (6 years), not like other teams i.e Chelsea (intrim managers). Man utd will be top 2 again next year, and will be team to beat again, be very intressting who Moyes brings in this summer tho. I think chelsea will struggle next year as had very hard season this year and still no manager taking over for certain as yet. Also with torres (rubbish) and doubts about Lampard staying (maybe joing man utd) thats a different topic lol. so both Mancester clubs top 2 for deffo.
    Posted by ms-tree
    Sorry ms -tree but Mourinho(sorry bazzer) will be at Chelsea and them and City will finish in top two. No doubt about that.
  • edited May 2013
    chelsea are 2 players and a manager short of winning the league.

mouriniho is a done deal and he will sign some big players

lump on chelsea to win the league, united 2nd city then arsenal
  • edited May 2013
    chelsea are 2 players and a manager short of winning the league. mouriniho is a done deal and he will sign some big players lump on chelsea to win the league, united 2nd city then arsenal
    Posted by mondo1985
    Agree mondo but the same can be said for City although I only think they need a couple of players rather than a new manager at this point. With their cash they will get them too. 

My reading is

Chelsea 1st
    Man City 2nd
    Liverpool 3rd
    Arsenal 4th
    Spurs/Man U 5th, alll depends on whether Bale stays at Spurs and they get a striker.

I am truly worried for Moyes as he will be under pressure from day one and it will take longer to get a team at United than everybody thinks. Everton have struggled some seasons in the early games, woe betide if it happens to Man U in august /sept 2013. Also just remember how long it took Ferguson to win over the fans and he had won three Championships and a Euro Cup Winners Cup at Aberdeen . Sorry, but for all the good work Moyes has done he has won 1 Division 2 title. 

Whatever anybody thinks it will be a very very hard job to go in their and maintain what Fergie has done and also get immediate success with the current team.
  • edited May 2013
    i do not for one moment agree that united will finish outside top 4, but i will also like to take avail of the 500/1 please. its the way i roll - i dont for one second believe its a winner but cant miss those generous odds!!! how much is the maximum i can stake? im sure sky can sort out about held funds etc so hopefully a goer! do think people are underestimating Moyes for what it's worth.
  • edited May 2013
    i do not for one moment agree that united will finish outside top 4, but i will also like to take avail of the 500/1 please. its the way i roll - i dont for one second believe its a winner but cant miss those generous odds!!! how much is the maximum i can stake? im sure sky can sort out about held funds etc so hopefully a goer! do think people are underestimating Moyes for what it's worth.
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    £100 minimum bet, i would save your money bell, your a smart man and we both no manchester united will not finish outside of the top 4 next year, they could put my grandma in charge next year and they would still finish in the top 4. david moyes is a good manager although he wouldnt have been my first choice!!!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : £100 minimum bet, i would save your money bell, your a smart man and we both no manchester united will not finish outside of the top 4 next year, they could put my grandma in charge next year and they would still finish in the top 4. david moyes is a good manager although he wouldnt have been my first choice!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Good luck grandma
  • edited May 2013
    I'm sorry to say The appointment of David Moyes will lead to the end of his career in the Premiership!
    I used to be a regular at Preston when he was manager, they gained promotion from the 2nd - Championship and made significant progress in both cup competitions. But at the end of the day no major silverware!
    He's done the same at Everton plenty of good results, but no silverware!
    He's a bit like Dandy Nichols / Ian Williams / MD Murphy getting the best from horses beyond their prime!
    Man United
    are a totally different kettle of fish, They want new young talent, not recycled talent!
    United are loyal and look after their staff so I'll give him eighteen months before he's on the scrapheap and Ferguson comes out of retirement!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : £100 minimum bet, i would save your money bell, your a smart man and we both no manchester united will not finish outside of the top 4 next year, they could put my grandma in charge next year and they would still finish in the top 4. david moyes is a good manager although he wouldnt have been my first choice!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I'm not that smart but thanks for the nice unexpected compliment! If I knew 100 per cent that u culd have 50k in ur account and sky could hold this over them it's one hundred percent a goer. I k ow ur a man of money as per some of ur other posts do if ur able to get over 50k in and we can get this arranged then we can happily arrange to stake more ! Cos for 500/1 it's a no brainer for me! There was a local Irish bookie not long retired remember an article in local paper askin him most memorable bets he laid and he said (this is true by the way!) he had some guy who had a 'tip' that ELVIS was still alive and staked £1500 on it (and this was late 80's /early 90's) the odds he was given ??????????  66-1  hahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahaha  
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : I'm not that smart but thanks for the nice unexpected compliment! If I knew 100 per cent that u culd have 50k in ur account and sky could hold this over them it's one hundred percent a goer. I k ow ur a man of money as per some of ur other posts do if ur able to get over 50k in and we can get this arranged then we can happily arrange to stake more ! Cos for 500/1 it's a no brainer for me! There was a local Irish bookie not long retired remember an article in local paper askin him most memorable bets he laid and he said (this is true by the way!) he had some guy who had a 'tip' that ELVIS was still alive and staked £1500 on it (and this was late 80's /early 90's) the odds he was given ??????????  66-1  hahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahaha  
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    lol i was just having banter mate, unfortunately i dont have 50k sitting about doing nothing. 
  • edited May 2013
    I will have a say in this now, i am not a man utd fan and hope they do slip up,  but this is fergusson's last signing and i think will be his best yet.  The reasons why i say this:  firstly at least utd have not gone down the foreign wannabe route (nuff said), Moyes has done wonders at everton, and most important you have a manager on a very long term contract of 6yr's.

If fergusson was worried about moyes. he would not of signed him to take over (we all know this was not a man utd choice but fergussons last wish/signing)

You dont moan about the players he has signed so why worry now,  give Moyes a chance he WILL prove you wrong,  mybe not europe next year but league I THINK SO, and might get a better price now for them to win league too.

Theres my rant over lol

p.s  please check the PLO8 thread,  NEW WEEKLY LEAGUE with prizes, and TIKAY will be playing IF FIT.
  • edited May 2013

They're streets ahead of the others.

Prem needs Mourinho back, hopefully he returns and Chelsea challenge next season.

Worst United can do is 3rd.

• edited May 2013
    They're streets ahead of the others. Prem needs Mourinho back, hopefully he returns and Chelsea challenge next season. Worst United can do is 3rd.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    They were!!!

How many times over the last two years have everybody been saying how can Man Utd finish so high up they are not playing well !!!, they haven't got the players, they rely too much on Van Persie etc etc

Well the reason has been Fergie and his will too win and the players wanting to do it for him, they are his players. If they give him time I think Moyes will be successful however with the current squad it wont be immediate.

I have no axe to grind over Man U , in fact they were my team in days of Law, Charlton and Best, I am just trying to be objective and think what happened after Busby left could happen all over again. Remember they were relegated within 6 years of that!!!

• edited May 2013
    .                                                                               

.                                                                                                                                                                   
  • edited May 2013
    above was david moyes cv when applying for the man utd job
  • edited May 2013
    above was david moyes cv when applying for the man utd job
    Posted by andybuck
    LOL