You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moyes. Man U and 2013/4

1235»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4:
    didnt realise id be paid out for the 2-0 scoreline because weilbeck didnt start, learn somet new every day :-)
    Posted by THEROCK573

Cherish those moments, because as a Man Utd fan you aint had many this season!  :)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : Cherish those moments, because as a Man Utd fan you aint had many this season!  :)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    i no but ive had 2 decades of them so i cant be greedy!!!
  • edited March 2014

Wow, just read this thread too, brilliant predics Vaigret!

I remember telling a man utd supporting colleague last year that they didn't have the best team in the league, only the best manager - couldn't believe when they then replaced him with Moyes because it meant giving the rest of the league a free pass to overtake them, but I could never have predicted they would have fallen this far behind in less than a season.
  • edited March 2014
    Wow, just read this thread too, brilliant predics Vaigret! I remember telling a man utd supporting colleague last year that they didn't have the best team in the league, only the best manager - couldn't believe when they then replaced him with Moyes because it meant giving the rest of the league a free pass to overtake them, but I could never have predicted they would have fallen this far behind in less than a season.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Thanks jinglema, it was elementary my dear Watson
  • edited April 2014
    Are they going to put him out of his misery?

If he thought they played well against Everton he deserves to go!!!!
  • edited April 2014
    Are they going to put him out of his misery? If he thought they played well against Everton he deserves to go!!!!
    Posted by vaigret
    his sacking will be announced later on today according to some manchester lads i speak to and also many well respected reporters are saying the same. good riddance aswell, this is completely the correct move, throw money at him next year and he'll only waste it, im not into sacking managers usually but when you take a club from premier league champions to 7th place and being beat 11 times then its totally unnacceptable. dithering dave can now bog off back to a midtable side and play his negative football elswhere.
  • edited April 2014
    As you know I'm not Man Utd's greatest fan :) and certainly not a fan of Ferguson, but you have to hand it to Fergie, he knew the game was up and he jumped ship at the right time! He won the league last season because all the other teams messed up - yes it was by 10 points or so but it was with a team that didn't deseve it.

The fact that essentially the same team (with expensive additions) has failed so spectacularly this season proves my point. It's not fair to blame Moyes for everything, it was obvious Fergie's replacement was going to need time and if the Man Utd board do sack Moyes now or in the summer it will be a poor decision...

....mind you, that might compound the mes they're already in, so I suppose I should be leading the Moyes out campaign.

Only a few weeks left of the best football season ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2014
    As you know I'm not Man Utd's greatest fan :) and certainly not a fan of Ferguson, but you have to hand it to Fergie, he knew the game was up and he jumped ship at the right time! He won the league last season because all the other teams messed up - yes it was by 10 points or so but it was with a team that didn't deseve it. The fact that essentially the same team (with expensive additions) has failed so spectacularly this season proves my point. It's not fair to blame Moyes for everything, it was obvious Fergie's replacement was going to need time and if the Man Utd board do sack Moyes now or in the summer it will be a poor decision... ....mind you, that might compound the mes they're already in, so I suppose I should be leading the Moyes out campaign. Only a few weeks left of the best football season ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
     how do you win a league by not deserving it? chelsea and man city have had defeats against teams they shoudlnt have this year but that dosen mean the bin dippers wont be deserving champions if they go on and win it. its all about winning and being the most consistant for 38 games and to say anyone dosent deserve it is just a really poor comment. and it wont be a poor decision to sack him either, hes won nothing in the game, hes a defensive minded manager, tactically inept and unable to motivate a group of champions. get him out now before he ruins the club even more. i was all for giving him another season to sign his own players but if hes gonna squander it like he did with players like fellaini then whats the point
  • edited April 2014
    I'm sorry Rock, when I wrote a team that didn't deserve it, I was writing it thinking it might wind you and others up, just being mischievous!

But I do stand by my point that last season they won it more because of other teams' inadaquecies, than because they were a good team.

I think a lot of last season's title-winning team are over the hill, over-paid prima donnas who have had their noses put of of joint because their Fergie routine has changed and they havent given Moyes the respect any new manager should have been given.

Amazingly, United have one of the best away records in the Premiership which shows Moyes can get it right and so can the players at times. 

I would have thought most sensible United fans (if there are any, jokewould understand that a period of transition was inevitable. The board have given him a six-year contract for a reason - it would be an expensive move to get rid of him and who is out there to replace him that would be an instant success....no-one!
  • edited April 2014
    I'm sorry Rock, when I wrote a team that didn't deserve it , I was writing it thinking it might wind you and others up, just being mischievous! But I do stand by my point that last season they won it more because of other teams' inadaquecies, than because they were a good team. I think a lot of last season's title-winning team are over the hill, over-paid prima donnas who have had their noses put of of joint because their Fergie routine has changed and they havent given Moyes the respect any new manager should have been given. Amazingly, United have one of the best away records in the Premiership which shows Moyes can get it right and so can the players at times.  I would have thought most sensible United fans (if there are any, joke )  would understand that a period of transition was inevitable. The board have given him a six-year contract for a reason - it would be an expensive move to get rid of him and who is out there to replace him that would be an instant success....no-one!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    yeah theres transition and then theres a downright joke, if i could see what moyes was trying to do i would be more inclined to give him a chance but his tactics are shocking, all ive seen him do so far is waste 27 million pound on a fellaini who is never a man utd player as long as i have a hole in my a**, pay 37 million for a top class player in mata then waits til van persie is injured to actually play him in his correct position, moyes is a defensive minded manager, that is not the man utd way. i thought his style would change to more attacking when he joined us but it has remained the same and its not right. if you listen to his interviews he actually thinks we have been unlucky and played well all the time, hes deluded and out of his depth, all sensible man utd fans inlcuding myself know this :-) you just want him to stay so we remain useless haha
  • edited April 2014
    Guilty m'lord

Hahahahahahahahaha :)
  • edited April 2014
    He deserves to go now because recently he has showed he isn't up to job. However Man U would have struggled this season whoever they had, as I predicted last summer.

Brrrrr is partly right. Teams last year were scared of Man U's reputation. They were not outstanding despite margin of victory. Add to that the players were scared of Fergie and respected him too much to put in inept performances as they have this year. 

Will they recover next year to win title, NO it will take 3 years at least and  remember you heard it here first.

Father v
  • edited April 2014
    He deserves to go now because recently he has showed he isn't up to job. However Man U would have struggled this season whoever they had, as I predicted last summer. Brrrrr is partly right. Teams last year were scared of Man U's reputation. They were not outstanding despite margin of victory. Add to that the players were scared of Fergie and respected him too much to put in inept performances as they have this year.  Will they recover next year to win title, NO it will take 3 years at least and  remember you heard it here first. Father v
    Posted by vaigret
    appoint the right man and the premier league will be back were it belongs next year. i will give you 500/1 that man utd wont go 3 seasons with out winning the league :-)
  • edited April 2014
    i take the 500/1    the players they got there aint good enough to win the prem league  they won it last year coz every team played bad and there was a fear factor playing at old trafford with fergie and the refs + fergie time :)

no fear factor now i can see man utd go 5 years without winning the prem league tbh 
  • edited April 2014
    i take the 500/1    the players they got there aint good enough to win the prem league  they won it last year coz every team played bad and there was a fear factor playing at old trafford with fergie and the refs + fergie time ;)  no fear factor now i can see man utd go 5 years without winning the prem league tbh 
    Posted by imallin24
    dont take bets of liverpool fans thanks :-)
  • edited April 2014
    The Rock,

As last time when I could have taken a pile off you I will not try to take your money again. Betting on your favourite team never gives you a clear view.

However I stand by my prediction, whoever you get will not win title within 3 years. Mourinho has shown that even the greatest manager even with most of the players he had left could not win the premiership this year. He needed time to get HIS team. They will win it within a year or two unless Chelsea sack him.

Manchester United's manager , however good, will have to buy the right players, get rid of the right players, then mould a team and then bring the fear factor back to Old Trafford. That is not an overnight job. 

I know you don't like Liverpool and you should look at their experience. who would have thought (and they haven't won it yet) that it would take 24 years to win another Premier League Title after how good they were.

Sir Alex Ferguson, probably your best manager ever after Sir Matt took six years to win a title after his arrival.

As I implied before I am not a Manchester United hater, I use facts and history. However good a team is , however much you want them to do good things , you need to look at history to get a true perspective.  

So no keep your money in your pocket and hope I am wrong.

Father V
  • edited April 2014
    The Rock, As last time when I could have taken a pile off you I will not try to take your money again. Betting on your favourite team never gives you a clear view. However I stand by my prediction, whoever you get will not win title within 3 years. Mourinho has shown that even the greatest manager even with most of the players he had left could not win the premiership this year. He needed time to get HIS team. They will win it within a year or two unless Chelsea sack him. Manchester United's manager , however good, will have to buy the right players, get rid of the right players, then mould a team and then bring the fear factor back to Old Trafford. That is not an overnight job.  I know you don't like Liverpool and you should look at their experience. who would have thought (and they haven't won it yet) that it would take 24 years to win another Premier League Title after how good they were. Sir Alex Ferguson, probably your best manager ever after Sir Matt took six years to win a title after his arrival. As I implied before I am not a Manchester United hater, I use facts and history. However good a team is , however much you want them to do good things , you need to look at history to get a true perspective.   So no keep your money in your pocket and hope I am wrong. Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    was said is jest mate refering to my previous offer of 500/1 haha. 
  • edited April 2014
    Right move. Now get someone in that knows how to use money and has managerial experience at a top european level
  • edited April 2014
    The Rock, As last time when I could have taken a pile off you I will not try to take your money again. Betting on your favourite team never gives you a clear view. However I stand by my prediction, whoever you get will not win title within 3 years. Mourinho has shown that even the greatest manager even with most of the players he had left could not win the premiership this year. He needed time to get HIS team. They will win it within a year or two unless Chelsea sack him. Manchester United's manager , however good, will have to buy the right players, get rid of the right players, then mould a team and then bring the fear factor back to Old Trafford. That is not an overnight job.  I know you don't like Liverpool and you should look at their experience. who would have thought (and they haven't won it yet) that it would take 24 years to win another Premier League Title after how good they were. Sir Alex Ferguson, probably your best manager ever after Sir Matt took six years to win a title after his arrival. As I implied before I am not a Manchester United hater, I use facts and history. However good a team is , however much you want them to do good things , you need to look at history to get a true perspective.   So no keep your money in your pocket and hope I am wrong. Father V
    Posted by vaigret

YOU ARE NOT WRONG FATHER......
    IT COULD BE EVEN LONGER! (FINGERS-CROSSED) :):)

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : was said is jest mate refering to my previous offer of 500/1 haha. 
    Posted by THEROCK573
    no problem mate, I just like having a spout LOL