You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moyes. Man U and 2013/4

Comments

• edited May 2013
    So ferdidnand becomes United's 20th different goalscorer in the premier league this season...a premier league record.....not bad for a 1 man team huh father??? :)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4:
    So ferdidnand becomes United's 20th different goalscorer in the premier league this season...a premier league record.....not bad for a 1 man team huh father??? :)
    Posted by shuv

Didnt say that mate just said if Van Persie gets injured then they will struggle even more with Fergie missing. 

I am not a Man Utd hater just think they have done bloody well last two seasons not playing teams off the park and with Fergie going they will struggle next year. If I am wrong I will hold my hands up. If I am right I will laugh all the way to the bank, if I can get decent odds from those bookie fellows.

Problem is now Man City trying to mess themselves up for next year as well.  
  • edited May 2013
    mate i respect alot you say when it comes to gambling but this statement is borderline insane, man utd as a club move on and will continue to win trophies, even though the bookies have moyes allready in the old trafford changing room i wouldnt rule out jose getting the job, who ever gets the job will be a top manager anyway and man utd will continue to be the number 1 team in england!! if i new how to lay bets i would give you 500/1 on man utd being out of the top 4 next season
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I dont think they will finish outside the top 4, but those odds are too good to miss.

Can I please book £10 with you.
  • edited May 2013
    I have to lol @ you putting down Liverpool to come 3rd next year Vaigret. If there's one team that are in general on the way down, then it's them. They are embarrassingly inconsistent and for years now have not managed to get through a season without at least 1 long period of just shocking results.

I'll definitely take bets on them not being top 4 next year.
  • edited May 2013
    I have to lol @ you putting down Liverpool to come 3rd next year Vaigret. If there's one team that are in general on the way down, then it's them. They are embarrassingly inconsistent and for years now have not managed to get through a season without at least 1 long period of just shocking results. I'll definitely take bets on them not being top 4 next year.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Bet the PC regs can't guess who you support ;)

fwiw I agree Liverpool will be top 4 next season. 

Mainly because Arsenal r regressing, Spurs will lose Bale and Everton will obv decline too.

Process of elimination means Lpool get 4th!
  • edited May 2013
    I have to lol @ you putting down Liverpool to come 3rd next year Vaigret. If there's one team that are in general on the way down, then it's them. They are embarrassingly inconsistent and for years now have not managed to get through a season without at least 1 long period of just shocking results. I'll definitely take bets on them not being top 4 next year.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi

I loathe Liverpool, two of my sons support them and my experience of that city has been far from good, however Rogers will now take them forward. Next year suarez and sturridge will get it together and Countinho is a class player just behind the forward line. Ok they have got to buy a good goalkeeper and about four others but look where they finished this year after having a bad season. They will be there or thereabouts UNFORTUNATELY
  • edited May 2013
    liverpool wnt finish above arsenal i bet with any 1 on that happening 

where ever mouriniho goes they will win the prem league mouriniho is a classs manager this is coming from a gooner :) 
  • edited September 2013
    Well so far I am very much on track with this , never in doubt really.
  • edited September 2013
    Well so far I am very much on track with this , never in doubt really.
    Posted by vaigret
    I HAVE POSTED RE DAVID MOYES ON THE FOOTBALL CORNER FORUM.
    HOPE YOU HAVEN'T PUT MONEY ON THIS FATHER V-I'M SURE MOYES WILL SORT IT,GIVEN A FAIR CHANCE LOL
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : I HAVE POSTED RE DAVID MOYES ON THE FOOTBALL CORNER FORUM. HOPE YOU HAVEN'T PUT MONEY ON THIS FATHER V-I'M SURE MOYES WILL SORT IT,GIVEN A FAIR CHANCE LOL
    Posted by bazzer61
    He will be given a fair chance bazzer , he will be there next season as well when they might come good again, howver he has no chance of turning them round this season and I still think my bets are safe.
  • edited October 2013
    sorry for doubting you father, looks like you were right :(
  • edited October 2013
    sorry for doubting you father, looks like you were right :(
    Posted by shuv
    no problem mate it was one of the biggest dead certs of the season , just needed a genius to see it LOL. 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : Bet the PC regs can't guess who you support ;) fwiw I agree Liverpool will be top 4 next season.  Mainly because Arsenal r regressing, Spurs will lose Bale and Everton will obv decline too. Process of elimination means Lpool get 4th!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I am enjoying this regression, long may it continue.......
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : I am enjoying this regression, long may it continue.......
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    haha love the results orientated post. Sing when you're winning, right? ;)

I'm sure after the first game of the season you would have +1'd my post. You were saying a lot worse than "we're regressing" at that point.

If fact I remember talking to you after that game and ME having to convince YOU that Arsenal would be alright. 

City /> Chelsea straight forecast for me atm. 

3,4,5? who knows!  

Hopefully Arsenal and Liverpool from a neutral POV.

Spurs r dire to watch, and it'd be nice to see United struggle for once :)
  • edited October 2013

Given time I think Moyes will make the step up and be successful at Man Utd.

Will he be given it though? I think Man Utd could tolerate a trophyless season (community shield doesn't count) but will not a finish outside the top 4 and if that looks a distinct possibility come the end of Dec I fear for Moyesie.

Every time he has stepped up he has adjusted and done well - he works hard, studies the game and had been on Fergies radar for years (was asked to be no2 at Man U while still at PNE but turned it down). Fergies farewell speech at OT said it all really - he knew there would be an adjustment period and has faith in Moyes so wanted fans to be patient.

It's not just because he did well for PNE that I want him to do well (and I really don't like Man U) it is refreshing that a british manager has been given a chance at an established top 4 club.

Personally have to have Chelsea or Man City ftw - bigger and better squads, will spend in Jan if they need to, and following changes to management will improve over the season.

As a neutral I like what Arsenal are doing atm but fear their squad will not see them through. They can cope with injuries in creative midfield but nowhere else.
  • edited October 2013
    The Glazers love the pot of gold that is Man Utd. If Moyes finishes outside the top 4 this season, I think it'll be bye-bye for him. 
  • edited October 2013
    Honestly even though I started this thread and I am even more certain now that they will finish out of top four , I would not have any kind of bet for Moyes to go. He is a long term replacement and like Ferguson when he first went there, he will be given time.
  • edited December 2013

And now out to 20-1 to win league.

Oh I do so love being right!!

Hopefully

• edited December 2013
    Hope they have a bad day at the office tomorrow with Rooney out and Van Persie as well hopefully maybe we will finally win there for the first time since the early 70s.
  • edited December 2013
    And now out to 20-1 to win league. Oh I do so love being right!! Hopefully
    Posted by vaigret
    i have £20 on them to win it at 20/1, my hearts now ruling my head but i cant refuse this price. haha
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : i have £20 on them to win it at 20/1, my hearts now ruling my head but i cant refuse this price. haha
    Posted by THEROCK573
    definitely, you should have saved it and had them to win the league in the next couple of seasons. This year was always going to be transitionary.

By the way I am now going to make an even wilder prediction.

Wayne Rooney will leave United in the transfer window. He has been playing well and i think that is to put himself in the shop window rather than his love of United. 

Remember you heard it here first. 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : definitely, you should have saved it and had them to win the league in the next couple of seasons. This year was always going to be transitionary. By the way I am now going to make an even wilder prediction. Wayne Rooney will leave United in the transfer window. He has been playing well and i think that is to put himself in the shop window rather than his love of United.  Remember you heard it here first. 
    Posted by vaigret
    nah cant see that mate, if he was going ot be sold it would have been done in the summer, it would be suicide to sell him now when van persie is picking up injuries all the time. hes also cup tied for the champions league and you have to pay over the odds for a player in january. save your money bud
  • edited December 2013
    said all along man utd will win sweet fa this year :)
  • edited December 2013
    Looking good hey :)

6/1 now arsenal for the league at the start 12/1

posted at 24/9/2013 5:58 PM BST on SkyPoker.com

First: 17/2/2011
    Last: 6/12/2013
    im on only team im worried about are chelsea 
  • edited December 2013
    Ya left nutsack looking dodgy   the rock

First: 15/10/2009
    Last: 6/12/2013
    TITLE STAYS IN MANCHESTER, ID BET MY LEFT NUTSACK ON IT.
  • edited December 2013
    Ya left nutsack looking dodgy   the rock THEROCK573 Posts: 1487 First: 15/10/2009 Last: 6/12/2013 TITLE STAYS IN MANCHESTER, ID BET MY LEFT NUTSACK ON IT.
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    yeah could be joining the adolf club.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : nah cant see that mate, if he was going ot be sold it would have been done in the summer, it would be suicide to sell him now when van persie is picking up injuries all the time. hes also cup tied for the champions league and you have to pay over the odds for a player in january. save your money bud
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I dont think they will be able to stop it. Reason he didnt go in summer was no one would offer his true worth. That miffed him and he is now playing out of his skin.

Chelsea will offer close to 80000 in January and he will go.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : I dont think they will be able to stop it. Reason he didnt go in summer was no one would offer his true worth. That miffed him and he is now playing out of his skin. Chelsea will offer close to 80000 in January and he will go.
    Posted by vaigret
    so you think man utd are just going to offload one of there best players to one of there rivals halfway threw a season when van persies getting injured all the time and they have no replacement for him, never going to happen in a million years unless they come up with a stupid bid like they did for torres  but if they were going to do that they would have done it in the summer.
  • edited December 2013
    we will see Rock and by the way I meant 80 million not 80,000.

The greatest of all time Denis Law made more than that 50 years ago
  • edited December 2013
    Hope they have a bad day at the office tomorrow with Rooney out and Van Persie as well hopefully maybe we will finally win there for the first time since the early 70s.
    Posted by 55013
    Well done mate ,

you got your wish