You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moyes. Man U and 2013/4

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4:
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : Its really border line now imo. I think the bookies have got it spot on giving 3/1. Its not really something i would bet on though. But if you have a personal bet with a forum poster at @evens than you might aswell put a match to your money... The thing is that times are changing in the Prem, the top 4 teams are much better now than in previous years, and right now Man U are just not as as good as the top 4 teams at this time. I'd bet Martinez to become the next Man U manager.
    Posted by mugsy78
    i know united arnt the team they were but they have brought juan mata in who is a little magician, van persie and rooney now both back training and i have been told by a guy in the know that toni kroos will be here by the end of the week so i cant see how united wont be in the top 4 to be honest. moyes is going knowhere either, hes a good manager and once hes built his own team they will be back dominating english football once again!
  • edited January 2014
    sinking ship   to many old players to many players that dnt deliver felaaani anderson  carrick the club needs stripping how they won the league easy last year is beyond me oh yeah fergie time
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I do love proving a Pr1ck wrong

August
    Everton (Fellaini 57) 1-0 Man Utd
    Man Utd (Van Persie 10, Kagawa 35, Rafael 41) 3-2 Fulham (Duff 3, Vidic OG 64)

September
    Southampton (Lambert 16, Schneiderlin 55) 2-3 Man Utd (Van Persie 23, 87 & 90+2)
    Man Utd (Scholes 51, Hernandez 63, Buttner 66, Powell 82) 4-0 Wigan Athletic
    Liverpool (Gerrard 46) 1-2 Man Utd (Rafael 51, Van Persie 81)
    Man Utd (Nani 51, Kagawa 53) 2-3 Tottenham (Evans OG 2, Bale 32, Dempsey 52)

October
    Newcastle 0-3 Man Utd (Evans 8, Evra 15, Cleverley 71)
    Man Utd (Rooney 27 & 65, Van Persie 44, Welbeck 46) 4-2 Stoke (Rooney OG 11, Kightly 58)
    Chelsea (Mata 44, Ramires 53) 2-3 Man Utd (Luiz OG 4, Van Persie 12, Hernandez 75)

November
    Man Utd (Van Persie 3, Patrice Evra 67) 2-1 Arsenal (Cazorla 90+5)
    Aston Villa (Weimann 45+1 & 50) 2-3 Man Utd (Hernandez 58 & 87, Vlaar OG 63)
    Norwich (Pilkington 60) 1-0 Man Utd
    Man Utd (Evans 64, Fletcher 68, Hernandez 72) 3-1 Queens Park Rangers (Mackie 52)

December
    Man Utd (Van Persie 1) 1-0 West Ham United
    Reading (Robson-Kanu 8, Le Fondre 19, Morrison 23) 3-4 Man Utd (Anderson 13, Rooney 16 & 30, Van Persie 34)
    Man City (Toure 60, Zabaleta 86) 2-3 Man Utd (Rooney 16 & 29, van Persie 90+2)
    Man Utd (Van Persie 16, Cleverley 19, Rooney 59) 3-1 Sunderland (Campbell 72)
    Swansea City (Michu 29) 1-1 Man Utd (Evra 16)

January
    Wigan Athletic 0-4 Man Utd (Hernandez 35 & 63, van Persie 43 & 88)
    Man Utd (van Persie 19, Vidic 54) 2-1 Liverpool (Sturridge 57)
    Tottenham Hotspur (Dempsey 90+3) 1-1 Man Utd (van Persie 25)
    Man Utd (Rooney 8, 27) 2-1 Southampton (Rodriguez 3)

Febuary
    Fulham 0-1 Man Utd (Rooney 79)
    Man Utd (Giggs 13, Van Persie 45+1) 2-0 Everton
    QPR 0-2 Man Utd (Rafael 23, Giggs 80)

March
    Man Utd (Kagawa 45+1, 76, 87, Rooney 90) 4-0 Norwich City
    Man Utd (Rooney 21) 1-0 Reading
    Sunderland 0-1 Man Utd (Bramble OG 27)

April
    Man Utd (Kompany OG 59) 1-2 Man City (Milner 51, Aguero 78)
    Stoke 0-2 Man Utd (Carrick 4, Van Persie 59)
    West Ham (Vaz Te 16, Diame 55) 2-2 Man Utd (Valencia 31, Van Persie 77)
    Man Utd (Van Persie 2, 13, 33) 3-0 Aston Villa (title won)
    Arsenal  (Walcot 2) 1-1 Man Utd (Van Persie 44)

May
    Man Utd 0-1 Chelsea (Mata 87)
    Man Utd (Hernandez 39, Ferdinand 87) 2-1 Swansea (Michu 49)
    West Brom (Morrison 40’ Lukaku 50’, 80’, 86’ Mulumbu 81’) 5-5 Man Utd (Kagawa 6’ Olsson 9’ (o.g.) Büttner 30’ van Persie 53’ Hernández 63’)

Soooooo as you will see Uniteds latest winning goals in the league last year both came in the 92nd minute, now which  premiership match doesnt have 2 minutes injury time??? Ive never seen one.

The latest goal that changed the result of the match was for spurs in the 94rd minuted, and your beloved arsenal scored the latest goal in all matches in the 95th!!!
  • edited January 2014
    sinking ship

man utd are cr ap :) i take that bet with u the rock  and i bet with the 3/1 they will make top 4 im not silly ;)
  • edited January 2014
    without van persie man utd dnt win the league last year simples

now hes injured and rooney out cnt score at a bro thel lol
  • edited January 2014
    rock ave to be mad to bet evens with me when u can get 3/1 with bookies lump on with bookies :)
  • edited January 2014
    il bet you any money you like they finish in the top 4 idonkcall you
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Rock, Rock,

Remember your bet with me earlier in the season.

Now I have a feeling you didnt mind that too much, but think how

you would feel if you had to pay money to Idonk.

Save it for the bookies mate.

I have to say unfortunately I think Idonk might be right, have a feeling Mr Van Persie and Mr ronney will be trying to save themselves for the World Cup and the upturn wont come to get them fourth.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : i know united arnt the team they were but they have brought juan mata in who is a little magician, van persie and rooney now both back training and i have been told by a guy in the know that toni kroos will be here by the end of the week so i cant see how united wont be in the top 4 to be honest. moyes is going knowhere either, hes a good manager and once hes built his own team they will be back dominating english football once again!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Do you think Moyes will be in a job if Man U don't qualify for the Champions League this season and next season?
    I doubt it. Also the vast amount of managers now don't even get 2 years in a job.

Its cool that you will defend your beloved team till the death, but me thinks you're using Man U's success in recent years as a means to prove that will always be the case. But times change in football and there are moreand more mega rich owners of Prem clubs now that can just try and buy the title. It was only 16 years ago Man City was relegated out of the Championship to division 1. Times change.

Also i just have a feeling that the players at Man U are not responding to David Moyes like they did to Sir Alex.
  • edited January 2014
    Also i just have a feeling that the players at Man U are not responding to David Moyes like they did to Sir Alex.

thats pretty obvious to see :p
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : Do you think Moyes will be in a job if Man U don't qualify for the Champions League this season and next season? I doubt it. Also the vast amount of managers now don't even get 2 years in a job. Its cool that you will defend your beloved team till the death, but me thinks you're using Man U's success in recent years as a means to prove that will always be the case. But times change in football and there are moreand more mega rich owners of Prem clubs now that can just try and buy the title. It was only 16 years ago Man City was relegated out of the Championship to division 1. Times change. Also i just have a feeling that the players at Man U are not responding to David Moyes like they did to Sir Alex.
    Posted by mugsy78
    they wont get rid of moyes for at least a year if then. They will have learnt from early seventies
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : Do you think Moyes will be in a job if Man U don't qualify for the Champions League this season and next season? I doubt it. Also the vast amount of managers now don't even get 2 years in a job. Its cool that you will defend your beloved team till the death, but me thinks you're using Man U's success in recent years as a means to prove that will always be the case. But times change in football and there are moreand more mega rich owners of Prem clubs now that can just try and buy the title. It was only 16 years ago Man City was relegated out of the Championship to division 1. Times change. Also i just have a feeling that the players at Man U are not responding to David Moyes like they did to Sir Alex.
    Posted by mugsy78
    yes i think moyes will still have a job if they finish outside the top 4, we arnt like manchester city who sack managers just for the fun of it, he will be given 3 years at the very least, as for the players not playing for moyes who knows, only the players can answer whether or not they are giving 100% every week, they just lack quality in key areas at the moment and with there best player van persie out injured and struggling for fitness all season that has made a huge difference to there results, i think once him and rooney are back fully fit and mata's arrival will spell a huge improvement in united and it wouldnt suprise me if they close the gap at the top significantly, maybe i have man utd glasses on and im a bit blinkered but i dont care, haha
  • edited February 2014
    bump gd result for man utd today hey rock :P
  • edited February 2014
    bump gd result for man utd today hey rock :P
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    no comment :-(
  • edited February 2014
    heard of that song eat sleep rave repeat

Moyes

Eat sleep lose repeat :)
  • edited February 2014
    heard of that song eat sleep rave repeat Moyes Eat sleep lose repeat :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    heard the song 20 times 20 times man utd?
  • edited February 2014
    I thought Man U were a knockin' bet at 1/2 today i must admit. My recent good luck in football betting sems to have come to an end. Ah well that's the way it goes i suppose.
  • edited March 2014
    MAN UTD 0 LIVERPOOL 3 :):):):)

Thought this thread needed a bump!

• edited March 2014
    20 times 20 times man utd, 20 times 20 times i say, 20 times 20 times man utd, playing football the matt busby way!!!

we've won it 3 times, we've won it 3 times, without killing anyone we've won it 3 times!!!

• edited March 2014
    Just stumbled upon this thread and was reading the first couple of pages. Amazing how accurate vaigret has been and how naive TheRock was back then!!!! (no offence) :P

mate i respect alot you say when it comes to gambling but this statement is borderline insane, 
  • edited March 2014
    Just stumbled upon this thread and was reading the first couple of pages. Amazing how accurate vaigret has been and how naive TheRock was back then!!!! (no offence) :P
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    naive for thinking that the team that won the league last year by 11 pts and matched real madrid for 2 legs in the CL and only went out because of a dodgy sending off would not be in the top four?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Moyes. Man U and 2013/4 : Sorry mate I would agree with you if it was to be Mourinho(sorry bazzer) but it isnt , he will go to Chelsea and you will see Chelsea and Man City fighting for top spot with Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool and Man U up their backsides. Moyes is a done deal. Players - De Gea still dodgy, Rafael-dodgy, Evra coming to end of career, Ferdinand crocked , Evans, Smalling not good enough if pressure on them , give you Vidic is good. Scholes and Giggs on way out, Carrick and Jones good but cleverley, Kagawa bit ligtweight. Rooney in a sulk, will Van Persie avoid injuries. The other thing you have got to ask yourself is how many of the Man U players will teams come for , only the outstanding ones I suggest. In other words the other clubs would have lots of clubs knocking on the door for a lot of their players.   I might be way off mark but I just have this feeling that United will struggle 2013/4 and I will take your 500-1. £2 on please , thank you father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Cough up Rocky ;)
  • edited March 2014
    I have also just read through this whole thread...........everything that vaigret said 10 months ago has been scarily accurate! I would have probably disagreed with him at the time too, but wp that man!
  • edited March 2014
    Very interesting to read all these posts back. Father was spot on.

if man utd dont finish in the top 2 next year i will never play poker or have a bet again, thats how sure i am!!!  p.s keep of them joints father. lol
    Posted by THEROCK573

What are you going to do with all your free time now?

I have to lol @ you putting down Liverpool to come 3rd next year Vaigret. If there's one team that are in general on the way down, then it's them. They are embarrassingly inconsistent and for years now have not managed to get through a season without at least 1 long period of just shocking results. I'll definitely take bets on them not being top 4 next year.
    Posted by Lambert180

Yes I have to lol too Paul. No way they'll finish 3rd, they'll win it!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________

What a fantastic season it's been so far, and hopefully the best is yet to come.

wp all.
  • edited March 2014
    When are you paying out the 500/1 shots?

• edited March 2014
    When are you paying out the 500/1 shots?
    Posted by Iced__Ink
    if you check my original comment it said if i new how to lay bets i would give 500/1. no bet was placed therefore no 500/1s will be getting paid out :-)
  • edited March 2014
    LOL

Don't worry Rock all I was interested in was being correct, although it was never going to be too difficult.

History told it all.

That's why its taught in Schools, so much can be learnt from it , if people bother to study it.
  • edited March 2014
    LOL Don't worry Rock all I was interested in was being correct, although it was never going to be too difficult. History told it all. That's why its taught in Schools, so much can be learnt from it , if people bother to study it.
    Posted by vaigret
    24 points to play for and 11 points of arsenal, hmmmm i sence a flap from the gooners, shame we have man city on tuesday, haha
  • edited March 2014
    Receipt O/11420690/0002754
    Bet placed at 22/03/2014 16:10
    Bet Type Single
    Bet Channel Internet
    Number of lines 1
    Stake per line £9.30
    Total stake £9.30
    Settled Y
    Number of win lines 1
    Number of void lines 0
    Returns £241.80
    Refunds £0.00

Selection Details
    Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection Notes
    Football Premier League West Ham v Manchester Utd Scorecast 22/03/2014 17:30 Wayne Rooney (Win) &
    Manchester Utd 2-0 (Win) @ 25/1
  • edited March 2014
    Receipt O/11420690/0002753
    Bet placed at 22/03/2014 16:10
    Bet Type Single
    Bet Channel Internet
    Number of lines 1
    Stake per line £9.30
    Total stake £9.30
    Settled Y
    Number of win lines 1
    Number of void lines 0
    Returns £83.70
    Refunds £0.00

Selection Details
    Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection Notes
    Football Premier League West Ham v Manchester Utd Scorecast 22/03/2014 17:30 Danny Welbeck &
    Manchester Utd 2-0 (Win) @ 33/1
  • edited March 2014
    didnt realise id be paid out for the 2-0 scoreline because weilbeck didnt start, learn somet new every day :-)