You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The ramblings of a young man (gazza127 diary)

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Run good? Well done lol
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The ramblings of a young man (gazza127 diary):
    Run good? Well done lol
    Posted by LARSON7
    Lol ty mate!  HU game or two?
  • edited September 2013
    Been a while since I last posted.  A lot has happened since then.

I had another deep run in the monday main til I went a threw it away with K5 trying to squeeze a button raise.  I ended up 7th in that I believe.

I won the 12:30 BH two days ago and i've just gone and won it again tonight - loving this tournament at the minute.

However i'm even more pleased about tonights win because of the mannor in which I did it.

I came into the final table with 6bb - one of the shortstacks.  The chip leader at the time had near enough 50bb and had the rest of us covered by a huge amount.  It was clear the other two relative shortstacks were keen to ladder as they thought the tournament was a full gone conclusion... they tightened up massively, so I took full advantage by throwing my 6bb around.  I doubled up when my pocket 4s held v chip leader, however lost it 2 hands later after the shortstack limped on the button.  I had J4os and had no intention of squeezing as I was short and villain only had 6bb and wasnt folding.  Flop came KK4 and I felt obliged to check/call any bet.  He had K9.

So i went down to 5bb 6 handed and was the shortstack.  I tripled up a couple of hands later shoving A4 and getting two calls.  Flop of A high sealed the pot v 33.  And when chip leader shoved on my bb from sb with A8 and I saw AQs I got up to around 25bb where I could throw my weight around a bit.

I bullied the table as the other players were still playing passive poker and managed to get the slight chip lead.  After another guy knocked a few people out we were HU.

He was a bit tricky to play HU really.  He limped every SB... never raised so it was hard to define any range at all.  He got the chip lead 70/30 and bullied me a bit.  However it was clear that each flop we saw he wouldnt put in a single chip unless he had hit in some manor... even in position.  That made his game easier to work on and after I DU AJ v KQ all in pre I managed to squeeze out the win.

Pleased with that... one of my best wins.  Not in terms of money but in terms of my all round play.
  • edited September 2013
    I think I've found a new favourite tournament.

I've just gone and won the 12:30 BH for the 3rd time this week.  Think thats 3/5 entries I've won it.  That's a bit crazy that!

Pleased with how I played again.

Here's my favourite hand of the night for you all...
    shortman01 Small blind   30.00 30.00 4817.50
    strawbs028 Big blind   60.00 90.00 2050.00
      Your hole cards

TOSHMALONE Call   60.00 150.00 682.50
    BennyHolde Fold        
    Landlord Call   60.00 210.00 7710.00
    gazza127 Call   60.00 270.00 3795.00
    shortman01 Call   30.00 300.00 4787.50
    strawbs028 Check        
    Flop

shortman01 Check        
    strawbs028 Check        
    TOSHMALONE Bet   120.00 420.00 562.50
    Landlord Call   120.00 540.00 7590.00
    gazza127 Call   120.00 660.00 3675.00
    shortman01 Call   120.00 780.00 4667.50
    strawbs028 Call   120.00 900.00 1930.00
    Turn

shortman01 Check        
    strawbs028 Check        
    TOSHMALONE All-in   562.50 1462.50 0.00
    Landlord Call   562.50 2025.00 7027.50
    gazza127 Call   562.50 2587.50 3112.50
    shortman01 Call   562.50 3150.00 4105.00
    strawbs028 Call   562.50 3712.50 1367.50
    River

shortman01 Check        
    strawbs028 All-in   1367.50 5080.00 0.00
    Landlord Call   1367.50 6447.50 5660.00
    gazza127 All-in   3112.50 9560.00 0.00
    shortman01 Fold        
    Landlord Call   1745.00 11305.00 3915.00
    strawbs028 Show
    • J

TOSHMALONE Show

Landlord Show

gazza127 Show

gazza127 Win Full House, 6s and 5s 11305.00   11305.00
    I flat on the button as 65s is a hand which plays best in a multiway pot when its hidden... Its not like im going to get attached to a pair of sixes on a AK6 flop... however flopping the nuts was simply incredible especially as everyone wanted to get involved cause there was a bounty on the line!

Although those that accuse me of running well at the minute can take a look at this hand which happened 3 handed on the FT.
    gazza127 Small blind   1000.00 1000.00 72748.75
    mikah Big blind   2000.00 3000.00 58391.25
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

homersmpsn All-in   21860.00 24860.00 0.00
    gazza127 All-in   72748.75 97608.75 0.00
    mikah Fold        
    gazza127 Unmatched bet   51888.75 45720.00 51888.75
    gazza127 Show
    • K
    • A

homersmpsn Show
    • K
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

homersmpsn Win Flush to the Ace 45720.00   45720.00

Yuk.

But I reigned it in and pulled out the win.  What a tournament eh??  If only I could play like this in every tournament.  I found myself entering a tournament earlier and I was just clicking buttons!  But for some reason this tournament has brought out the best in me this week.  Lets hope it continues.

• edited September 2013
    Cash.

It sucks.

This is just one of many hands that has destroyed me tonight.
    Ludacris Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £103.57
    Jonno02 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £46.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

hhamza162 Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £43.58
    oldbelter Call   £1.50 £3.75 £124.66
    paddy1988 Fold        
    gazza127 Raise   £5.50 £9.25 £74.95
    Ludacris Fold        
    Jonno02 Fold        
    hhamza162 Call   £4.00 £13.25 £39.58
    oldbelter Fold        
    Flop

• J
    • Q

hhamza162 Check        
    gazza127 Bet   £9.00 £22.25 £65.95
    hhamza162 All-in   £39.58 £61.83 £0.00
    gazza127 Call   £30.58 £92.41 £35.37
    hhamza162 Show
    • A
    • Q

gazza127 Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

• A

River

hhamza162 Win Two Pairs, Aces and Queens £90.61   £90.61
    And the others arent much better.

Just ran like absolute cr@p tonight.
  • edited October 2013
    September has been a good month all round for me.

Lets start with poker as thats why we're here!

Since starting this diary I have had many many ups and downs.  I had a pretty bad end to May and a poor June on the MTT tables.  Not sure why exactly as I would still find myself cashing a lot - I just wasn't picking up the top prizes.  This may have been down to variance... losing the odd flip.  Of course its a serious possibility that I wasn't playing my best, perhaps tightening up too much and not taking the chances you need to take to win a tournament.  I didn't play too much in July but I was getting some better results in the few tournaments i had played.  August was a complete mixture between the good and the bad.  I started slowly, but after a couple of weeks of August I had made £700 profit which I then completely went and lost before the end of August!  That was a terrible downswing.  I don't think I cashed in about 60 games (or atleast nothing of any significance) and confidence was mega low.  I had mentioned I was thinking of taking a break on here.... however that same night I went on cash and walked away £400 in the black... so naturally I thought i'd continue to play. 

I'm so glad I did because ever since that night I have had some incredible results.  First Monday of September I came 3rd in the Monday main.  I then came 4th in the 10pm BH on the Tuesday, came 3rd in the 9pm rebuy on the Thursday, came 2nd in the following Monday main, came 1st in the 3pm £22 BH on the Thursday, came 2nd in the following Wednesdays 10pm BH, came 9th in the following Monday main and have won the 00:30 BH 3 times since then.  Hmmmm. Thin brag.  Lol.

According the sharkscope I have played 102 MTTs in September with a profit of £1991 which is undoubtably my best record for a single month since starting playing poker last July - i've even got one of those little sharks next to my name on sharkscope if you limit the search to just september!

Cash on the other hand has been incredibly swingy... which is odd as I thought it was supposed to be less variant!  I've been £700 up to then being £700 down... to then being in profit again.  Its been a complete rollercoaster but as far as i can make out im currently in the black on the tables... but it just shows that i still have adjustments to make to my game for cash.

This post isn't meant as a brag (even if it comes across that way).  I've posted my lows on this diary as well as my highs which I think is important to highlight to any readers who may be new to the game.  There will be times you hate poker... there will be times you lose a lot of money, however if you keep doing the right things, long term it should pay off.  Poker is an incredibly fickle game... and people can respond accordingly by tilting massively - something which I am guilty of on occassions.  I need to realise that you can't win every hand no matter how much i'd want to.  Pick your spots and the results will come.  After all poker is a game of patience... so its important to stick through the bad times on both the short and long time scale... whether thats in one MTT or cash table or across a months worth of poker.  So to go through the swingy patch and share that with the forum... its nice to be able to share a good month like this.

Now I did say that this month has been good all round up top.  Some of you may know that I had been playing poker more this past month because of my work situation.  My job couldn't afford to pay me, so I refused to go into work (it had happened before I had continued to come in... but I lost patience when it happened time and time again).  It was a whole complicated mess as I had never actually signed a contract with them when I started (I initially started on 4 weeks work experience, however 8 months later I was still there and a contract never got sorted).  So that was a bit of a nightmare.

However... the good news.  I've been paid for the work I was owed (yay) and a new company has been set up across similar lines of the old one but with slight differences, including a new perogative as well as a new MD.  I have been given a contract.  Delightful.  Security at last.  It is a start up so its not entirely secure but with the new MD in charge and the plans we have laid out the company is going to be a lot more successful than the other one I worked for.  I've been given a major role in the data analysis side, and its nice to actually have input into what the company actually does on a day to day basis as well as development plans for the coming years.  Its certainly an exciting prospect and i'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I'm only 22 you see, so having a secure job is essential to moving out - something which I would have done a long time ago if I had the dollar.

So sorry if this post is a bit long and if it sounds like a brag.  I've shared the lows.  Now its time to share the highs.  Life is good.  Please God let it continue.
  • edited October 2013
    Working just now bud, but i'll send a decent message later on.

Just wanted to say well done on a good month, long may it continue and great news on the job front.

Brilliant stuff.
  • edited October 2013
    Good stuff Gazza.  Nice to have the right balance between poker played and a steady income.

Run good!
  • edited October 2013
    Sounds like a pretty good month. You've been open through your whole diary, so don't feel uncomfortable telling us when it's going well. Great news on the job front.

Now for my little rant
    Why have people started saying "if I had the dollar" or words to that effect?
    I'm old  and cantankerous,I don't like it, it annoys me, please stop it, please.

Oh, and well done again
  • edited October 2013
    Cheers guys.  Greatly appreciated!

And Jac... whats wrong with dollar?  Is it the Americanism you dislike? Would you prefer if I called it wonga? or reddies? moolah?

'Money' just sounds boring!

• edited October 2013
    "Money" sounds just fine :)
  • edited October 2013
    September has been a good month all round for me. Lets start with poker as thats why we're here! Since starting this diary I have had many many ups and downs.  I had a pretty bad end to May and a poor June on the MTT tables.  Not sure why exactly as I would still find myself cashing a lot - I just wasn't picking up the top prizes.  This may have been down to variance... losing the odd flip.  Of course its a serious possibility that I wasn't playing my best, perhaps tightening up too much and not taking the chances you need to take to win a tournament.  I didn't play too much in July but I was getting some better results in the few tournaments i had played.  August was a complete mixture between the good and the bad.  I started slowly, but after a couple of weeks of August I had made £700 profit which I then completely went and lost before the end of August!  That was a terrible downswing.  I don't think I cashed in about 60 games (or atleast nothing of any significance) and confidence was mega low.  I had mentioned I was thinking of taking a break on here.... however that same night I went on cash and walked away £400 in the black... so naturally I thought i'd continue to play.  I'm so glad I did because ever since that night I have had some incredible results.  First Monday of September I came 3rd in the Monday main.  I then came 4th in the 10pm BH on the Tuesday, came 3rd in the 9pm rebuy on the Thursday, came 2nd in the following Monday main, came 1st in the 3pm £22 BH on the Thursday, came 2nd in the following Wednesdays 10pm BH, came 9th in the following Monday main and have won the 00:30 BH 3 times since then.  Hmmmm. Thin brag.  Lol. According the sharkscope I have played 102 MTTs in September with a profit of £1991 which is undoubtably my best record for a single month since starting playing poker last July - i've even got one of those little sharks next to my name on sharkscope if you limit the search to just september! Cash on the other hand has been incredibly swingy... which is odd as I thought it was supposed to be less variant!  I've been £700 up to then being £700 down... to then being in profit again.  Its been a complete rollercoaster but as far as i can make out im currently in the black on the tables... but it just shows that i still have adjustments to make to my game for cash. This post isn't meant as a brag (even if it comes across that way).  I've posted my lows on this diary as well as my highs which I think is important to highlight to any readers who may be new to the game.  There will be times you hate poker... there will be times you lose a lot of money, however if you keep doing the right things, long term it should pay off.  Poker is an incredibly fickle game... and people can respond accordingly by tilting massively - something which I am guilty of on occassions.  I need to realise that you can't win every hand no matter how much i'd want to.  Pick your spots and the results will come.  After all poker is a game of patience... so its important to stick through the bad times on both the short and long time scale... whether thats in one MTT or cash table or across a months worth of poker.  So to go through the swingy patch and share that with the forum... its nice to be able to share a good month like this. Now I did say that this month has been good all round up top.  Some of you may know that I had been playing poker more this past month because of my work situation.  My job couldn't afford to pay me, so I refused to go into work (it had happened before I had continued to come in... but I lost patience when it happened time and time again).  It was a whole complicated mess as I had never actually signed a contract with them when I started (I initially started on 4 weeks work experience, however 8 months later I was still there and a contract never got sorted).  So that was a bit of a nightmare. However... the good news.  I've been paid for the work I was owed (yay) and a new company has been set up across similar lines of the old one but with slight differences, including a new perogative as well as a new MD.   I have been given a contract.   Delightful.  Security at last.  It is a start up so its not entirely secure but with the new MD in charge and the plans we have laid out the company is going to be a lot more successful than the other one I worked for.  I've been given a major role in the data analysis side, and its nice to actually have input into what the company actually does on a day to day basis as well as development plans for the coming years.  Its certainly an exciting prospect and i'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. I'm only 22 you see, so having a secure job is essential to moving out - something which I would have done a long time ago if I had the dollar. So sorry if this post is a bit long and if it sounds like a brag.  I've shared the lows.  Now its time to share the highs.  Life is good.  Please God let it continue.
    Posted by gazza127
    Yeah nice post and all that, but just thought I'd say that having a shark symbol is sooo August ;)
  • edited October 2013
    Interesting day on cash.

Went £200 down pretty quick.  One hand I tried something which was incidentally shown on the show.  They commended my play... just too bad villain had probably one of the two hands which could call me.

I logged in later and had changed that -200 into +100 (which was nice).  I was going to leave however on the hand I was going to leave I pick up the Q high flush draw on the flop and got it all in facing 52 (also the flush draw).  He ended up hitting his pair however and I lost about 100 quid.  Decided id play one more orbit and got caught on a 774 flop with A4 against AA....

So all that work to get back into profit and I threw it away within about 5 minutes.  -100 for the day.

Also bricked every tournament I entered.

Sigh.
  • edited October 2013
    Deepstack tonight.  To go 2nd with 25 remaining...
    Tony333 Small blind   75.00 75.00 4802.50
    dubmaster Big blind   150.00 225.00 3650.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

SoLack Fold        
    gazza127 Raise   300.00 525.00 8725.00
    bri1971 Raise   900.00 1425.00 11015.00
    chicknMelt Fold        
    Tony333 Fold        
    dubmaster Fold        
    gazza127 Raise   1950.00 3375.00 6775.00
    bri1971 All-in   11015.00 14390.00 0.00
    gazza127 All-in   6775.00 21165.00 0.00
    bri1971 Unmatched bet   2890.00 18275.00 2890.00
    gazza127 Show
    • A
    • A

bri1971 Show
    • Q

Flop

• Q

Turn

• J

River

• K

bri1971 Win Two Pairs, Queens and 2s 18275.00   21165.00
    Things like this really do tilt me.
  • edited October 2013
    So... today has been the mix of the good and the bad.

Played the main - crashed out
    Played the mini - crashed out set of 10s to a guy who couldnt fold aces... which he binked the 3rd on the river.
    Played the deepstack - crashed out (see above hand)
    Played the £1000 speed rebuy - Ended up finishing 2nd which was nice.  Lost Q10s to A4s HU all in pre as we were both pretty shallow - perhaps I could have been more patient though.
    Played the £2000 rebuy - Ended up finishing 3rd.  Was running quite well and looked good to get to HU.  Then I tried to squeeze the small stack on a 456 flop thinking there was no way he could have part of the board.  He managed to find a call with a bare 5... and that was me done.

Cash today has also been crazy.  Went down £200 early doors, however found a nice table where I could squeeze value and got it all back.

So im in a bit of profit today but im sure it could have been a whole lot more if I had stayed a bit more patient in the rebuys.  Dohhhhhhhh.
  • edited October 2013
    Ohhhh and I have Sat into the SPT semi on Sunday.  Heres hoping I can bink a seat.  Man that'd be nice as I really want to go.  Can't justify buying in direct - so if I can't sat in I might go looking for people to stake me... if anyone is crazy enough to that is.
  • edited October 2013
    What's your BR management like gazza? Just curious. I figure if you can play 100NL you can surely afford a one-off SPT entry?
  • edited October 2013
    What's your BR management like gazza? Just curious. I figure if you can play 100NL you can surely afford a one-off SPT entry?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Hmmm. I do hate it when people ask me about ny brm. Lets just say its not the best. I only jump on 100nl when I see what I consider an easier table. I play 50nl mostly... and im probably not even rolled for that according to strict brm.  Lets just say that I can afford to buy in direct to spt but it would take a chunk out of my roll... something which I dont really want to do.
  • edited October 2013
    OK sorry, was just curious. I think not having a good BRM is fine dependant on your situation. So long as your not playing poker professionally having an aggressive BRM is fine - without having an aggressive BRM I would never have got to playing ho high 3/4 years ago!

Anyway looking forward to Sunday, be nice if we can both sat in!! :)
  • edited October 2013
    OK sorry, was just curious. I think not having a good BRM is fine dependant on your situation. So long as your not playing poker professionally having an aggressive BRM is fine - without having an aggressive BRM I would never have got to playing ho high 3/4 years ago! Anyway looking forward to Sunday, be nice if we can both sat in!! :)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    No need to be sorry. My post probably came across slightly wrong.  I do have an aggressive brm. Its the reason why I go through some mega swings... but it seems to be working long term... kinda living by the motto 'if it aint broke dont fix it'. We shall see where this gets me though! Lol.

Definitely hoping to get a seat on sunday. Id be pretty gutted if I didnt get a seat to spt as its something I really want.  Feel free to double me up if im low on chips and youre running away with it! Haha.
  • edited October 2013
    Played a bit of cash last night after my update.  Sat and played with Tommyd on two tables - one of which he completely ran over and walked away with over 600bb!

I played quite well too.  Got into a couple of nice spots and ended the session about £200 up.  I do find that the tables on cash are much much easier late on a Friday night - with those who have gone out and had a few drinks.  Too bad im usually in the same position to take advantage!

Biggest pots of the session:
    TommyD Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £233.58
    eagle05 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £52.15
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

jpizzle Fold     
    shawsok Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £60.07
    murduch Call  £1.50 £3.75 £15.91
    gazza127 Raise  £5.50 £9.25 £43.75
    TommyD Fold     
    eagle05 Fold     
    shawsok Call  £4.00 £13.25 £56.07
    murduch Fold     
    Flop

• J

shawsok Check     
    gazza127 Bet  £7.00 £20.25 £36.75
    shawsok Call  £7.00 £27.25 £49.07
    Turn

• K

shawsok All-in  £49.07 £76.32 £0.00
    gazza127 All-in  £36.75 £113.07 £0.00
    shawsok Unmatched bet  £12.32 £100.75 £12.32
    shawsok Show

gazza127 Show
    • A
    • K

River

gazza127 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 5s £98.95  £98.95
    eagle05 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £66.42
    TommyD Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £83.55
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

always4551 Fold     
    gazza127 Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £51.93
    jpizzle Fold     
    pj396 Call  £1.50 £3.75 £118.85
    eagle05 Call  £1.25 £5.00 £65.17
    TommyD Fold     
    Flop

• Q

eagle05 Check     
    gazza127 Bet  £2.50 £7.50 £49.43
    pj396 Call  £2.50 £10.00 £116.35
    eagle05 Raise  £9.00 £19.00 £56.17
    gazza127 Call  £6.50 £25.50 £42.93
    pj396 Call  £6.50 £32.00 £109.85
    Turn

eagle05 Bet  £17.00 £49.00 £39.17
    gazza127 All-in  £42.93 £91.93 £0.00
    pj396 Fold     
    eagle05 Call  £25.93 £117.86 £13.24
    eagle05 Show

gazza127 Show
    • Q
    • Q

River

• K

gazza127 Win Three Queens £116.06  £116.06
    gazza127 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £133.36
    jpizzle Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £69.90
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

pj396 Raise  £1.00 £1.75 £72.35
    eagle05 Fold     
    TommyD Raise  £3.00 £4.75 £87.90
    russia Fold     
    gazza127 Raise  £9.50 £14.25 £123.86
    jpizzle Fold     
    pj396 Call  £8.75 £23.00 £63.60
    TommyD Call  £6.75 £29.75 £81.15
    Flop

gazza127 Bet  £16.00 £45.75 £107.86
    pj396 All-in  £63.60 £109.35 £0.00
    TommyD Fold     
    gazza127 Call  £47.60 £156.95 £60.26
    gazza127 Show
    • K
    • K

pj396 Show

Turn

River

• J

gazza127 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 2s £155.15  £215.41
    And even though this one is from an earlier session I just have to post this hand.  Not sure ive ever won a pot against yoyo before so this felt good!
    gazza127 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £61.25
    bearlyther Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £48.75
      Your hole cards

yoyo Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £71.89
    kcxyz Fold     
    stacker59 Fold     
    gazza127 Call  £1.25 £3.50 £60.00
    bearlyther Fold     
    Flop

• J

gazza127 Check     
    yoyo Bet  £1.75 £5.25 £70.14
    gazza127 Raise  £6.50 £11.75 £53.50
    yoyo Call  £4.75 £16.50 £65.39
    Turn

• Q

gazza127 Bet  £10.50 £27.00 £43.00
    yoyo Call  £10.50 £37.50 £54.89
    River

gazza127 All-in  £43.00 £80.50 £0.00
    yoyo Call  £43.00 £123.50 £11.89
    gazza127 Show

yoyo Show
    • J
    • J

gazza127 Win Flush to the Jack £121.70  £121.70
  • edited October 2013
    Great results recently. I'm sure you already know this and have probably been told a ton of times but ya know playing with very aggro BRM is always playing with fire.

Not trying to rain on the parade but seems like you've been running super hot at cash recently (all the hands above involve ALOT of rungood), so just be careful for when things turn and you're on the wrong end of the coolers.
  • edited October 2013
    Think that's a bit harsh Paul.
    I'm sure Gazza has been on the end of some bad ones as well that he hasn't posted.
    Was at the same table for a short while last night in one of the tourneys. He was on my left. Very pleased when he was moved, was playing really well.

I wouldn't put recent results down to a lot of rungood. More like a lot of playwell.
  • edited October 2013
    I don't mean it to sound harsh and Gazza deffo seems to be a very good player from what I've seen. I'm not trying to have a go at him by any means, but rungood does come in many forms and I don't think Gazza would deny the deck has been kind.

Again, I'm not having a go, from what I can see he's played pretty much every hand posted really well, but as ya know, playing really well doesn't always mean you're gonna win (or win big), but if you look at the big wins...

1) Peel 78s and flop a flush which is pretty tasty but to do it against top set and a top set that doesn't manage to house up - that's mega rungood.

2) Having someone shove 44 on 662 flop when you have KK (after you've 4bet)

3) Flopping top set when villian flops 2pr

4) AK - turning one of your 6 outs which happens to be one of the few cards in the deck that also means the villian will stack off.

5) Rivering the nut FH which gives villian a smaller FH

6) Rivering the FH which gives villian top trips, top kicker

These are all massive forms of rungood. Alot of times he's gonna win most of these hands with the hand he has but the rungood comes in someone having a really good 2nd best hand just as you have a really really good hand and so winning the lot. Again, I wasn't having a go, just kinda saying that if all the above can happen FOR you, then it will all happen AGAINST you too at some point... he'll be the one with top set v flopped flush etc etc.

Sure he knows all this anyway.
  • edited October 2013
    I understand what you are saying Paul.  Heres my exit hand from the main not 30 seconds ago... not long before the cash.
    kcxyz Small blind   150.00 150.00 33547.00
    rustyy123 Big blind   300.00 450.00 10652.50
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

TONY509 Raise   900.00 1350.00 20741.77
    mechanik Fold        
    gazza127 Call   900.00 2250.00 10063.50
    kcxyz Fold        
    rustyy123 Fold        
    Flop

• J

TONY509 Check        
    gazza127 Bet   1125.00 3375.00 8938.50
    TONY509 All-in   20741.77 24116.77 0.00
    gazza127 All-in   8938.50 33055.27 0.00
    TONY509 Unmatched bet   10678.27 22377.00 10678.27
    TONY509 Show
    • A
    • Q

gazza127 Show
    • J
    • A

Turn

River

• K

TONY509 Win Straight to the Ace 22377.00   33055.27
    I could also point towards a number of cash hands which I have lost mega big pots.  One springs to mind from last night where I lost near enough £100 on a flopped flush... got in all in on the flop to find that villain had flopped the nut flush.... drawing dead.

Maybe it comes across on here that im running super well cause i dont post a lot of the coolers that I lose - I simply dont like looking at them.  Theres nothing I could do so i move on.

And I do know that im playing with fire when it comes to my BR but ive been up and down since i first started.  I've been playing with an aggressive BR since I joined sky.  I deposited £20 and started by entering £2.20/£3.30 tournaments alongside a few £5.50 tournaments when my BR increased slightly.  I'm not naive enough to know variance cant hit me.  It has... and im sure it will again.  I've been through some horrid weeks on my time on sky but i keep plugging through believing I can push through it.

But hey ho... at the minute im doing my thing and trying to get max value from my winning hands while trying to be more cautious not playing the nuts.  Thats poker after all is it not?

Cheers Jac... was that the rebuy last night?
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Gazza

Yep, from last night, think you said you came 3rd in the end. I managed 11th, so small profit.
    To clarify what I was saying earlier. I quite like the aggressive route. If you have a wage coming in and can afford to take shots, then why not?

For me personally now. I have commitments and can't really afford to go that way. I know my level and I can beat that. I have mentioned before that I kind of regret not having a bigger stab at it all a while back when I had less responsibilities.
    Good luck to you.

• edited October 2013
    Ah right.  N1 Jac.  Thats probably the reason i do have an aggressive BR.  I dont depend on poker at all - its a side thing.

Played the rebuy again tonight.

You know that feeling when you have played for 5 hours, are sitting comfortably in 1st/4 and then something like this happens...
    gazza127 Small blind   2500.00 2500.00 148434.50
    gez_bear Big blind   5000.00 7500.00 125758.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

gibbzy Fold        
    easyjet67 Call   5000.00 12500.00 112927.50
    gazza127 Raise   17500.00 30000.00 130934.50
    gez_bear Fold        
    easyjet67 All-in   112927.50 142927.50 0.00
    gazza127 Call   97927.50 240855.00 33007.00
    gazza127 Show
    • K
    • A

easyjet67 Show
    • K

Flop

• J
    • A

Turn

River

easyjet67 Win Flush to the Ace 240855.00   240855.00
    Yeah I got it right about now.

Totally gutted as there is minimal doubt that winning this race gives me such an advantage to take the £600 up top.

Urrggghhh.
  • edited October 2013
    You don't need me to tell you what I think about your rungoodness..... ;)

I'm guessing here but I reckon that in about 30 all-in showdown hands we've had, you've won about 27 of them with god knows how many coolers and suckouts....

Or maybe I'm just cr@p and bitter lol.

GL anyway. Not that you need it ;)
  • edited October 2013
    No SPT seat.

What am i to do?
    Claytov Small blind   40.00 40.00 2245.00
    gazza127 Big blind   80.00 120.00 977.50
      Your hole cards

scoop73 Fold        
    Direwolf Fold        
    davegeordi Fold        
    Hampi2008 Fold        
    Claytov Call   40.00 160.00 2205.00
    gazza127 Check        
    Flop

Claytov Check        
    gazza127 Bet   80.00 240.00 897.50
    Claytov Raise   240.00 480.00 1965.00
    gazza127 Call   160.00 640.00 737.50
    Turn

Claytov Check        
    gazza127 All-in   737.50 1377.50 0.00
    Claytov Call   737.50 2115.00 1227.50
    Claytov Show
    • J

gazza127 Show

River

• A

Claytov Win Flush to the Ace 2115.00   3342.50
    77% favourite but no.

Sigh.

Looks like time is running out to satellite in.  Dont suppose anyone wants to stake me at all? Lol
  • edited October 2013
    That was nice.

I literally just saw my C4P go into my account.  Just scrolling through the forum and BAM £170 hits my account.  I enjoyed that.  Goes straight on tonights main and a few other tournies although part of me thinks I should just use it to enter SPT.  :/