You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The ramblings of a young man (gazza127 diary)

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Played a £30 gtd today.  Came second for a profit of like 4 quid as i had an add on.

Enjoyed playing at the stakes I started at.... the field is quite soft and you can get max value out of hands just playing ABC poker.

Dissapointed not to win but got stuck in a cooler situation HU.  I turned 2 pair HU and shoved to a raise when there was a 4 card straight on the board hoping theyd think i was bluffing the straight and call worse.  Oppo called to turn over a set.  Would have been difficult to get away from that HU.

Although it got me pondering this £30 gtd.... I had a look at the lobby and all of the £50 gtd £3.30 entrys have gone!  They were my favourite tournaments when I first started and really ran well in them and I was thinking of revisiting them.  Surely theres enough traffic on the site to run the £50 gtds and possibly a few £100 gtds too.... speed and rebuy.  why not?  I'd play them and im sure a lot of others would too.  They always reached their guarentees with add ons etc.

Would be nice to have them back as I really think I can grind some serious money out of them.... plus i enjoy them as they arent massively long and have a medium sized field where you can talk to a few regs....
  • edited June 2013
    Enjoyed the game, I was trying to avoid you most of the time, except when I decided I'd call your 4-bet jam early on and you had KK!

Just came on to say the £50 gtds are on, but they're not rebuys. There were a few at the same time that £30 rebuy kicked off.
  • edited July 2013
    There arent as many as there used to be bbMike.  I remember about a year ago I could play about 4/5 before 6pm cause if I busted in one I could enter another not soon after.

About £30 down today.... but it could have been a whole heap worse.... whys that you ask?

Well i tried satting into the roller tonight.... bust out of a few sats... then entered about 15 all in sats.... smart? no.... clever? still no.

So that didnt go well.... but I reaaaallly wanted to play the roller so in typical fashion I bought in direct.  Yes.... im a massive idiot - I know this.

Entered one more all-in sat to see if I could justify buying in directly.... and bubbled it.  Got like £40 from it so essentially rather than paying £150ish quid on a tournament I paid just the buyin of £110.... Still not great but a bit better...

I was in the roller for the first couple of hours doing OK, making moves at the right time and picking up OK pots.... then things dried up a bit and I lost a big pot with AK... I 3 bet big... one caller.  I C-bet flop I missed and they jam... Im forced to fold and im left with 15bb.  About 10-15 mins later I jammed KJs into the blinds and bb picked up AK... gonna.

Sooooo I entered both £1000 BHs.  Running OK in one I got down to the last 40 odd as average stack.  Picked up KK on the button... Guy before me min raises... I three bet and he jams.  No way im folding.  I call and he shows 1010.  10 on the river and my game was over.  Crazy play IMO but i suppose I want him doing that....

The other BH went well... I ended up coming 3rd.  Even though I was short stack for a lot of the final table I think I would have won if I had won one pot.  I have something like 18bb.  A limp UTG and I jam with AKs (hearts).  He tanks and then calls with AJos.  Flop 10J7 (2 hearts) and I miss the gazillion outs I had.

Exit hand is relatively standard stuff.  Chip leader min raises on the button and I jam back with AQs with 9BB.  He calls with KJos and hits his K on the flop... If I win one of these hands I really do think I was in a position to win it.

Still... the day could have been a whole lot worse as the BR management completely evaporated.  Need to work on this otherwise I WILL GO BUST.

Waiting on about 45 quid on C4P and essentially I'm where I was at the beginning of the day.

Pretty uneventful...

*Work News*

I am going back into work this week.  The same work as I have been doing before.  For those that have a mild interest, I'm a football analyst... one of those guys that creates interesting stats and facts about players and teams as well as creating betting tips, writing articles and doing infographics etc. 

I might do a bet of the day thing if I'm still there at the beginning of the season depending on what im allowed to do as the company is having a bit of a shake up.

So a little less poker in the coming week... limited to evenings but i'm not too upset about that as I quite like my job and at the minute it pays better!
  • edited July 2013
    Urgh.

Cashed in the mini but went out like 35th.  My fault for shoving A8s into 67 with 16bbs.

Then I went to reg for the 11 o clock and somehow hit the 10 o clock by accident.... twice the buy in.

Then like 3rd hand this happens.
    arfoot12 Small blind   30.00 30.00 5080.00
    Concerto Big blind   60.00 90.00 6490.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

gazza127 Raise   180.00 270.00 1640.00
    texas09 Fold        
    topladwa02 Call   180.00 450.00 2420.00
    u_owe_me Fold        
    barfoot12 Call   150.00 600.00 4930.00
    Concerto Call   120.00 720.00 6370.00
    Flop

barfoot12 Check        
    Concerto Check        
    gazza127 Bet   360.00 1080.00 1280.00
    topladwa02 Fold        
    barfoot12 All-in   4930.00 6010.00 0.00
    Concerto Fold        
    gazza127 All-in   1280.00 7290.00 0.00
    barfoot12 Unmatched bet   3290.00 4000.00 3290.00
    barfoot12 Show

gazza127 Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

River

barfoot12 Win Two Pairs, 5s and 2s 4000.00   7290.00
    Nightmare.
  • edited July 2013
    Be interested  to hear more about your job
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: The ramblings of a young man (gazza127 diary):
    Be interested  to hear more about your job
    Posted by Jac35
    +1

Sounds like a great job!
  • edited July 2013
    Ask and you shall receive! 

So my job description is very broad... I have quite a few roles as the company is relatively small but I guess generalised I am a football/betting analyst. So our company buys in a whole heap of data, im tasked with analysing this data using quite a sophisticated model we have developed. Without using a whole heap of jargon I barely understand we use this model as well as other formulae to generate statistics and info for specific teams and generate match predictions.  We average about a 70% accuracy on outright results across all four top European leagues which isnt too shabby... However we are now focussing much more on betting for the coming season.

So I do a lot of research into the betting market.... looking at stats and working out if theres value in the market and working out how to cover in-play if scenario a), b) or c) happens. 

With the english market being so saturated we are looking abroad this coming season with possibly a big deal with a chinese bookmaker.  China is very odd as all 'bets' are placed essentially against the government and they take a commision... plus you have to make it a double as this is classed as a lottery.  Odd I know... im just starting to get to grips with it... I just hope noones pulling my leg in the office

So yeah, I work in a converted barn in the country, looking at football and betting all day. Not too shabby!
  • edited July 2013
    Ask and you shall receive!  So my job description is very broad... I have quite a few roles as the company is relatively small but I guess generalised I am a football/betting analyst. So our company buys in a whole heap of data, im tasked with analysing this data using quite a sophisticated model we have developed. Without using a whole heap of jargon I barely understand we use this model as well as other formulae to generate statistics and info for specific teams and generate match predictions.  We average about a 70% accuracy on outright results across all four top European leagues which isnt too shabby... However we are now focussing much more on betting for the coming season. So I do a lot of research into the betting market.... looking at stats and working out if theres value in the market and working out how to cover in-play if scenario a), b) or c) happens.  With the english market being so saturated we are looking abroad this coming season with possibly a big deal with a chinese bookmaker.  China is very odd as all 'bets' are placed essentially against the government and they take a commision... plus you have to make it a double as this is classed as a lottery.  Odd I know... im just starting to get to grips with it... I just hope noones pulling my leg in the office So yeah, I work in a converted barn in the country, looking at football and betting all day. Not too shabby!
    Posted by gazza127
    Hmmmm. All sounds a bit dodgy to me ;)

Forget Gazza's 'back of a lorry' tips. As a City fan I am completely biased but Edin Dzeko to win the golden boot next season is 25/1. With Jesus Navas on board, get your bankrolls on it.
  • edited July 2013
    Edin Dzeko golden boot next season?  About as likely as City winning the title.... which isn't likely.  3rd placed finish on the cards.

Cant see past Chelsea or Man Utd next season.  Mourinho's record at Chelsea is unmatched... in fact Mourinho has the best managerial win percentage than any other manager to have taken permanent charge of a club in the Premier League since its creation.... plus with all their young players theyve bought in, you cant help but feel that Chelsea are the ones to watch.... and of course Utd will be in the mix as usual.

City... not sure on.  Faded off massively last season.  Strikers couldnt score.  Got rid of Tevez and brought in Navas but in reality its Aguero and Silva who have to improve on last seasons performances.  Thoughts on Pellegrini?  Yeah he did OK with Malaga but City is a whole different kettle of fish.

Id be sticking my BR on Chelsea winning the Premiership, Barcelona winning La Liga, Juventus winning Serie A and Bayern Munich winning Bundesliga.... 4 fold of course ;)

Anyway.  Played a few tournaments today.  Didnt play great i'll admit.  Ironically it was the one I probably played some of my worst poker in that I went on to win (£100 speed BH for about £80).... so treading water in terms of BR still but I suppose im playing a loooot of tournaments at the minute so not to be losing is good enough.  Just need one of my wins to be in a bigger tournament than a £100 gtd really.

HU in the tournament and effectively what won it was this....
    gazza127 Small blind   1000.00 1000.00 41240.00
    guardsman1 Big blind   2000.00 3000.00 45760.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

gazza127 Raise   3000.00 6000.00 38240.00
    guardsman1 Call   2000.00 8000.00 43760.00
    Flop

• Q

guardsman1 Check        
    gazza127 Bet   4000.00 12000.00 34240.00
    guardsman1 Raise   20000.00 32000.00 23760.00
    gazza127 All-in   34240.00 66240.00 0.00
    guardsman1 Call   18240.00 84480.00 5520.00
    gazza127 Show
    • A

guardsman1 Show
    • Q

Turn

River

gazza127 Win Flush to the Ace 84480.00   84480.00
    Is it acceptable to stack off here with an over and the nut flush draw?  Kind of worked out I was behind....although because its HU he could have any draw on the board including straight and flush draws with overs too...

Still... not sure its the correct play.  Obviously it got there in the end but its evident hes not folding...

Thoughts?
  • edited July 2013
    Looks absolutely fine to me. With the stack sizes involved and the fact it's a turbo, get them in. You could even be ahead. Hands like K10 or KJ with a single club and gutshots would get it in. We're looking for a spot to get our chips over the line, flopping the nut flush draw is about as good as it gets with 20 or so BB.

I really fancy our chances this coming season. MP has grown on me the more I found out about him. If we didn't snap him up it looks like Barcelona were waiting in the wings; shows how highly regarded he is in Spain. Mark my words, Navas will light up the Premier League. He is exactly the type of player we needed last season. Pacey, direct and creates shed loads of chances. 

I imagine we'll line up something like this....

Hart

Zabaleta     Vince     Nastasic     Clichy

Fernandinho/Rodwell Toure

Navas                     Silva          Nasri/Milner 

Aguero/Dzeko

How tasty does that look?! I agree that Chelsea will be a major threat with the Mourinho factor. Once his honeymoon period is over though, then we'll see what they are made of. As for United, they will be up there. But to lose Fergie is huge. Can see Moyes being under immense pressure immediately. Would happily stick my B/R on him not seeing out his 6 year contract!

• edited July 2013
    Yes you can see the strength in the city team but Tevez was their best player last season in terms of goals + assists, chances created etc. Big loss imo. Yes navas is a good signing... but one of those things that we'l have to wait and see if he takes to english football or not.

Chelseas squad including mata, hazard, oscar, lampard, schurlle, lukaku, ramires, luiz, cole, cech, azpilicuea and even torres with other youngsters away on loan like courtois (cechs replacement) means chelsea have a bright future and a decent season ahead. Possibly need another defender and shift either torres or ba and get cavani... now that is a team.

Its one of those things with moyes though.... remember ferguson almost got sacked when he first took charge and they gave him a chance? Moyes will probably get the same respect and chance to begin with. He'l be there a minimum of two seasons... I doubt theyl do a chelsea and sack him in christmas if things arent going well. It doesnt appear to be the man utd way.  Although ive been wrong before.

On a side note... my tip for today was del potro to beat ferrer. Even with an injury he looks good to go through.  Heres hoping anyway... got a few quid on him!
  • edited July 2013
    URRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So dissapointed.

21/220 in main
    20/214 in mini

Cashed in both but I had rebuys and add-ons so made pittence.  So dissapointed.

My two exit hands were just cruel as well.  I went in a mile ahead in both and got outdrawn.

Main:
    three33320 Small blind   1000.00 1000.00 91977.00
    MrDirk Big blind   2000.00 3000.00 58518.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

fredriko02 Fold        
    gazza127 Raise   4000.00 7000.00 37448.00
    bar4004 Fold        
    three33320 Call   3000.00 10000.00 88977.00
    MrDirk Fold        
    Flop

• J
    • Q

three33320 Bet   10000.00 20000.00 78977.00
    gazza127 All-in   37448.00 57448.00 0.00
    three33320 Call   27448.00 84896.00 51529.00
    three33320 Show
    • J

gazza127 Show
    • Q
    • A

Turn

River

three33320 Win Straight to the Queen 84896.00   136425.00
    Mini:
    MD_575 Small blind   1250.00 1250.00 35404.00
    saz177 Big blind   2500.00 3750.00 38798.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

loulou63 Fold        
    darsum333 Fold        
    gazza127 Raise   5000.00 8750.00 31030.50
    MD_575 All-in   35404.00 44154.00 0.00
    saz177 Fold        
    gazza127 All-in   31030.50 75184.50 0.00
    MD_575 Unmatched bet   623.50 74561.00 623.50
    MD_575 Show
    • J
    • K

gazza127 Show
    • J
    • J

Flop

• A

Turn

• Q

River

MD_575 Win Flush to the Ace 74561.00   75184.50
    They both hold and im looking at final tables and jackpots galore.

So dissapointed.
  • edited July 2013
    10th in mini today.

Getting some really deep runs in the past couple of days but cant make the most of it.  Ran QQ into KK with 12bb.

Standard stuff really.

Profit of about a tenner.... explain that.

10th out of like 600 runners.... and a tenner profit from a £5 stake?

Should have just played a few DYMs instead.... hardly worth it until the laddering properly starts with 10 left.

Difference of £10 from 10th to 73rd.  Pretty annoying that isnt it?
  • edited July 2013
    10th in mini today. Getting some really deep runs in the past couple of days but cant make the most of it.  Ran QQ into KK with 12bb. Standard stuff really. Profit of about a tenner.... explain that. 10th out of like 600 runners.... and a tenner profit from a £5 stake? Should have just played a few DYMs instead.... hardly worth it until the laddering properly starts with 10 left. Difference of £10 from 10th to 73rd.  Pretty annoying that isnt it?
    Posted by gazza127
    How many heads you take? I came 9th and ended up with just over 40 quid. 

They pay far too many places in my opinion. 
  • edited July 2013
    Took just the two i think.

9th eh? Rub down much? *Anything you can do I can do better.....*  haha.

I was just dissapointed to see I made so little after 4 hours of tournament poker.
  • edited July 2013
    Took just the two i think. 9th eh? Rub down much? *Anything you can do I can do better.....*  haha. I was just dissapointed to see I made so little after 4 hours of tournament poker.
    Posted by gazza127
    Haha.

Yeah I know the feeling. Think I took 8 or 9 heads to boost my winnings but I wanted to be on that final table. Shouldn't be paying 73 places when total entries was under 600 IMO.
  • edited July 2013
    Nothing quite like an overbet shove with the nuts getting snapped called.
    Donttelmum Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £27.08
    gazza127 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £20.05
    gniksoh3 Big blind   £0.10 £0.25 £9.90
      Your hole cards

hop16 Fold        
    KELTY19 Fold        
    gniksoh3 Check        
    mcbay Fold        
    Donttelmum Fold        
    gazza127 Check        
    Flop

gazza127 Check        
    gniksoh3 Check        
    Turn

• J

gazza127 Check        
    gniksoh3 Check        
    River

gazza127 All-in   £20.05 £20.30 £0.00
    gniksoh3 All-in   £9.90 £30.20 £0.00
    gazza127 Unmatched bet   £10.15 £20.05 £10.15
    gazza127 Show

gniksoh3 Show

gazza127 Win Straight to the 9 £18.65   £28.80
    Delightful.
  • edited July 2013
    haha beautiful. I've played that villain a couple of times before. To be polite, he likes a gamble! That hand is pretty unfortunate but you have to think you're calling for a split at best so almost isn't worth calling after Sky take their rake.
  • edited July 2013
    lol nice value river bet there:P
  • edited July 2013
    I like how in that one hand you won about the same as a 4 hour deep run in the mini BH last night ;)
  • edited July 2013
    Haha. I couldnt be bothered to value bet for like 10p. My logic was if hes got an 8 hes not folding and is unlikely to call much else with nothing in the pot.... so I looked at max value for the hand so I shoved. Tbh I think he probably calls with a 3 too.
  • edited July 2013
    Played a few tournaments today including a £22 bh.  I went out another tournament AQ v K9 aip after a 4 bet shove knowing there was a lot of dead money in the pot.  I was out of position and there was no way I could call for 25% of my stack so decided to shove instead of fold.  I was bit irritated that I got looked up and lost to K9 but I suppose I want him calling rubbish so I could DU.... just got a bit unlucky.

So as there wasnt really any other tournaments at the time I registered for the £22 bh knowing that I have been playing OK recently... running deep in a lot of tournaments but not really cashing highly losing flips at crucial moments.

Similar story today as I got into the money on the final table as chip leader... however everyone was really shallow as the bubble took forever to pop.  I had 22bb at this stage and lost against another guy 66 v AK and went out soon after.

So I finished 5th with a few bounties and a small cash.  Still treading water in terms of BR.

Did that HU turbo tournament as well today.... playing a best of 3 £1.10 tournaments agaisnt Boxster.  I won the first (quite luckily i'll admit).  Then in the second I got it in good as chip leader JJ v 77 and he turned a 7 and lost that HU.  Went to sudden death in the third and my AQs got outdrawn by J10os.  So im out of that which isnt ideal but cant have any complaints as i would have played the hands the same.

Still hoping for a decent cash soon.

Oh... and Andy Murray won.  I was so close to sticking a tenner on Murray winning in straight sets at a tasty 15/1.... then had second thoughts looking at the bet slip as I thought 'well thats just throwing money away'.  Should have listened to my gut!  Nightmare.  Good to have a british winner even if im not a massive fan of Murray.  Trying to work out if this will put more or less pressure on him next year...
  • edited July 2013

You are playing well Gaz.

Keep it up, doing the right things, and you will soon get the results again. It says a lot, that you are constantly getting the deep runs.

And thanks a lot for last week that was really good of you mate.

That win is coming anytime soon.

• edited July 2013
    Thanks Larson.

Just played the main and mini again.

44/200 in main.
    34/395 in mini.

More deep runs but no joy.

Exit hand on main was AJ v AK.  Guy raises on button and im sitting there with 20bb.... didnt really want to call out of position with no reads... and i didnt have enough to really 3 bet without shoving.  Flop had an ace anyway so I was a gonna either way that shallow.

Mini exit was J10 v A2 aip with 7bb.  Standard stuff with my on button and caller in bb.

Loads of deep runs.  Bit frustrating I cant hit a string of decent cashes/final tables.  I'm not happy with min cashing really.  It drains the BR in the long run.

Happy to do it Larson.  Let me know if you want to do it again sometime (hopefully with less lag).
  • edited July 2013
    Played the 750 quid BH this evening.

Things are going well.  Running really well.  Get to final table as chip leader... few people go out.  Down to last 4.

Then these two hands happen.
    mmothy23 Small blind   1500.00 1500.00 47182.50
    gazza127 Big blind   3000.00 4500.00 130737.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

sarahsace Fold        
    banana10 All-in   35540.00 40040.00 0.00
    gmmothy23 Fold        
    gazza127 Call   32540.00 72580.00 98197.50
    gazza127 Show
    • A
    • J

banana10 Show
    • A

Flop

• K

Turn

River

banana10 Win Pair of 8s 72580.00   72580.00
    gmmothy23 Small blind   2000.00 2000.00 37182.50
    gazza127 Big blind   4000.00 6000.00 106697.50
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

sarahsace Raise   8000.00 14000.00 142040.00
    banana10 Fold        
    gmmothy23 All-in   37182.50 51182.50 0.00
    gazza127 All-in   106697.50 157880.00 0.00
    sarahsace Fold        
    gazza127 Unmatched bet   71515.00 86365.00 71515.00
    gmmothy23 Show

gazza127 Show
    • J
    • J

Flop

Turn

River

• A

gmmothy23 Win Three 10s 86365.00   86365.00
    And then I end up finishing third.

Still cant win.  In a controlling lead... then lose to a 3 outer, then a two outer in the space of 2 minutes and i had ended up shoving KJs into AQ to go out.

Why.Cant.I.Win.A.Dam.Tournament?

• edited July 2013
    I can already tell whats going to happen tonight looking at the schedule. Rather than entering 1 main and putting a dent into my BR... inevitably jm going to enter both and annihilate it.  I have no self control. Youre not making it any easier sky!
  • edited July 2013
    Blimey.

I've run absolutely awful today!

Terrible in fact.  I believe I won 1 hand all in pre where I was 60-40 underdog... but apart from that ive been losing 70-30 battles galore!

Spewing money away like no tomorrow.

Even predicted in my latest tournament the exact river card.  All in pre A9 v A7.  Called the 7 of clubs with one card to go and it came out on the river!

Of course that now means Im psychic and can predict the future.... this may help with my betting prospects but little consolation at the moment!

Run poker was going well... my aggressive nature got a bit magnified in this tournament and it suited me to a tee.  People gradually got fed up of me 3 betting.  And after someone 3 bet me when Im holding aces I thought 'brilliant! He'll never believe a mega shove"  He didnt.  Turned over JJ but spiked a J on the flop.  Crippled and when out soon after.  Finished about 30th.

I feel a mega win coming soon.  Or maybe im just hoping for a mega win soon.  Feel like im playing very well at points.  Could do with paying people off a bit less but apart from that all I need to do is run a little better!  Need to take notes from yoyo.

Dont think ive ever seen him lose a hand.
  • edited July 2013

I take that back.

Just won the 12:00 £400 gtd tournament.  I played well throughout I feel maxing value with decent hands and trying not to spew chips everywhere almost succeeded.  I was pretty card dead on the final table which caused me to try a move with 4 left which uber backfired.  I looked pretty dumb folding as the pot was mahussive and I clearly had nothing as I didnt want to stick in the rest of my chips.

However somehow I got to heads up as 10/1 underdog.... and yes before you ask I got extremely lucky in the uber long HU battle (a whole 8 pages of HH dedicated to it).  Even though I ran well and won a pot or two I shouldnt (including one or two that would have seen me out) I thought I controlled HU very well as underdog for the vast majority of it.

Hands of HU include:
    gazza127 Small blind   400.00 400.00 8492.50
    dogsmalone Big blind   800.00 1200.00 78307.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q

gazza127 All-in   8492.50 9692.50 0.00
    dogsmalone Call   8092.50 17785.00 70215.00
    gazza127 Show
    • Q

dogsmalone Show
    • K
    • J

Flop

• A

Turn

River

• A

gazza127 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 5s 17785.00   17785.00
    gazza127 Small blind   400.00 400.00 15385.00
    dogsmalone Big blind   800.00 1200.00 71415.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

gazza127 All-in   15385.00 16585.00 0.00
    dogsmalone Call   14985.00 31570.00 56430.00
    gazza127 Show
    • A

dogsmalone Show
    • A

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• K

gazza127 Win Pair of 5s 31570.00   31570.00
    gazza127 Small blind   500.00 500.00 38170.00
    dogsmalone Big blind   1000.00 1500.00 48330.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q

gazza127 Raise   1500.00 3000.00 36670.00
    dogsmalone Call   1000.00 4000.00 47330.00
    Flop

• Q

dogsmalone Check        
    gazza127 Bet   2000.00 6000.00 34670.00
    dogsmalone Raise   4000.00 10000.00 43330.00
    gazza127 Call   2000.00 12000.00 32670.00
    Turn

• J

dogsmalone Check        
    gazza127 Check        
    River

• A

dogsmalone Bet   6000.00 18000.00 37330.00
    gazza127 Call   6000.00 24000.00 26670.00
    dogsmalone Show

gazza127 Show
    • Q

gazza127 Win Pair of Queens 24000.00   50670.00
    dogsmalone Small blind   500.00 500.00 39830.00
    gazza127 Big blind   1000.00 1500.00 46670.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q

dogsmalone Raise   2500.00 4000.00 37330.00
    gazza127 Call   2000.00 6000.00 44670.00
    Flop

• K

gazza127 Check        
    dogsmalone Check        
    Turn

• Q

gazza127 Bet   3000.00 9000.00 41670.00
    dogsmalone Call   3000.00 12000.00 34330.00
    River

gazza127 Bet   6000.00 18000.00 35670.00
    dogsmalone Raise   12000.00 30000.00 22330.00
    gazza127 Call   6000.00 36000.00 29670.00
    dogsmalone Show
    • Q

gazza127 Muck
    • Q

dogsmalone Win Two Pairs, Queens and 5s 36000.00   58330.00
    dogsmalone Small blind   600.00 600.00 44430.00
    gazza127 Big blind   1200.00 1800.00 41770.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

dogsmalone Raise   1800.00 3600.00 42630.00
    gazza127 All-in   41770.00 45370.00 0.00
    dogsmalone All-in   42630.00 88000.00 0.00
    dogsmalone Unmatched bet   2060.00 85940.00 2060.00
    dogsmalone Show

gazza127 Show
    • A
    • J

Flop

• J

Turn

River

gazza127 Win Pair of Jacks 85940.00   85940.00
    So there you have it.  Warts and all.  I'll justify my luckbox win by saying at least I was the aggressor in each hand!  Better to shove with worse than to call with worse.

Side note: Came 8th in the 12:30 BH.  Dissapointed to not atleast cash as I was 1st/2nd for most of the tournament.  I just called someone off too light, halved my chip stack and couldnt get back up.  Ran deep and thought I was more likely to win that one...

Pleased overall.
  • edited July 2013
    Just finished 2nd in the £22 £1000 gtd BH.

Should have won.  Without a shadow of a doubt I should have won.  I dominated from start to finish.  It did however depend on one 3 barrel bluff against a guy who loved to see an extra card/had junk most hands.  Knew I could shove him off his bottom pair.  Id done it before but not for my whole stack.
    mickjenn1 Small blind   300.00 300.00 5797.50
    djaydog04 Big blind   600.00 900.00 23325.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

IRONZ Fold        
    gazza127 Raise   1200.00 2100.00 25400.00
    mickjenn1 Fold        
    djaydog04 Call   600.00 2700.00 22725.00
    Flop

• Q
    • J

djaydog04 Bet   600.00 3300.00 22125.00
    gazza127 Raise   2550.00 5850.00 22850.00
    djaydog04 Call   1950.00 7800.00 20175.00
    Turn

djaydog04 Bet   600.00 8400.00 19575.00
    gazza127 Raise   5100.00 13500.00 17750.00
    djaydog04 Call   4500.00 18000.00 15075.00
    River

djaydog04 Bet   600.00 18600.00 14475.00
    gazza127 All-in   17750.00 36350.00 0.00
    djaydog04 Fold        
    gazza127 Muck        
    gazza127 Win   19200.00   19200.00
    gazza127 Return   17150.00 0.00 36350.00
    On the bubble too.  Ive got balls.

Anyway.  It was all going well with 10 left.  I was chip leader.  Then these two hands happen within a few minutes:

First ones standard:
    gazza127 Small blind   400.00 400.00 40230.00
    mickjenn1 Big blind   800.00 1200.00 8595.00
      Your hole cards

djaydog04 Fold        
    StayOrGo Fold        
    gazza127 Raise   1200.00 2400.00 39030.00
    mickjenn1 All-in   8595.00 10995.00 0.00
    gazza127 Call   7795.00 18790.00 31235.00
    gazza127 Show

mickjenn1 Show
    • Q
    • K

Flop

• A
    • Q
    • J

Turn

River

• A

mickjenn1 Win Two Pairs, Aces and Queens 18790.00   18790.00
    This one I hate:
    StayOrGo Small blind   400.00 400.00 14837.50
    gazza127 Big blind   800.00 1200.00 30435.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

mickjenn1 Fold        
    djaydog04 Raise   3200.00 4400.00 15137.50
    StayOrGo Fold        
    gazza127 Raise   6400.00 10800.00 24035.00
    djaydog04 All-in   15137.50 25937.50 0.00
    gazza127 Call   11137.50 37075.00 12897.50
    gazza127 Show
    • A
    • A

djaydog04 Show

Flop

• K

Turn

River

djaydog04 Win Four 6s 37075.00   37075.00
    So that brought me crashing down to earth with about 9 left.

Managed to DU 1010 v 55 and picked up more chips in the following hand (told you he was loose):
    mickjenn1 Small blind   400.00 400.00 12390.00
    djaydog04 Big blind   800.00 1200.00 31215.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • K

gazza127 Raise   1600.00 2800.00 34795.00
    mickjenn1 Fold        
    djaydog04 Call   800.00 3600.00 30415.00
    Flop

• Q
    • K

djaydog04 Check        
    gazza127 Bet   1800.00 5400.00 32995.00
    djaydog04 Call   1800.00 7200.00 28615.00
    Turn

djaydog04 Check        
    gazza127 Check        
    River

• K

djaydog04 Bet   800.00 8000.00 27815.00
    gazza127 Raise   3200.00 11200.00 29795.00
    djaydog04 Call   2400.00 13600.00 25415.00
    gazza127 Show
    • J
    • K

djaydog04 Muck

gazza127 Win Three Kings 13600.00   43395.00
    Wrangled my way back up to chip leader on the final table.  Then lost a big pot (20bb) AK v 44 AIPF.

Lost the next hand as well:
    gazza127 Small blind   800.00 800.00 27868.75
    mickjenn1 Big blind   1600.00 2400.00 5780.00
      Your hole cards

lyonsbob06 All-in   8873.75 11273.75 0.00
    baddunn Fold        
    gazza127 Call   8073.75 19347.50 19795.00
    mickjenn1 Fold        
    gazza127 Show

lyonsbob06 Show
    • A

Flop

• A

Turn

• K

River

lyonsbob06 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 6s 19347.50   19347.50
    And I was left with about 11bb with 5 left.  Lucky for me im quite good at shoving/calling ranges short stacked so I managed to pick up a few blinds and outlast the others til chip leader knocked them out (limped pots and min raises - you cant play post flop poker with less than 15bb against massive chip leader).

I was 6/1 underdog HU.  Should be easy as I won it 10/1 underdog last night eh?  No.  It wasnt to be.  HU didnt last long at all.  Picked up a very draw heavy hand and was more than happy calling it off with 10bb.
    baddunn Small blind   1000.00 1000.00 116005.00
    gazza127 Big blind   2000.00 3000.00 18995.00
      Your hole cards

baddunn All-in   116005.00 119005.00 0.00
    gazza127 All-in   18995.00 138000.00 0.00
    baddunn Unmatched bet   96010.00 41990.00 96010.00
    baddunn Show
    • K
    • A

gazza127 Show

Flop

Turn

River

• K

baddunn Win Pair of Kings 41990.00   138000.00
    So ran quite bad... but played quite well I think.  So cant be too unhappy with myself.  Two decent cashes in two days.

Lets hope this is a sign of things to come.
  • edited July 2013
    Nice 1 mate, deep runs/ now 2nd.

Outstanding. As i was saying before you are doing the right things it will pay off.

To get the amount of deep runs you are getting, 2nd in a tournie of x lots of people is some going.

Keep up the good work mate, and that next win will be coming your way.

If i was you i'd focus on the positives, it's annoying we get it in ahead and get outdrawn, but as you said yourself sometime, there is always that element of luck in the game.

Keep it going bud and nice results. Very well done.