You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ah got a feelin

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: One Time - MTT Week:
    Kev gl with the ME grind this week, I may be joining you at some stage already qualified for tonight alas its christmas drinks with pals so just took the cash.  Also made a donation to your pokerthon charity challenge, GL!
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Thanks mate!

Very kind of you, and enjoy the Christmas night out.
  • edited December 2013
    I went out in 60th place from the main, lost A8 (bb) against sb jam with KJ, KJ flops 2 pair, gg!

LARSON7060£44.18 + £22.50 Head Prizes
    A bit disappointed I couldn't have gone a lot further and got closer to a FT, but it was an ok result.

Thanks a lot for the rail every1, Waller, Liamboi, Craigcu12, Diminuendo, Keith1960, Trev, and GAz!! cracking stuff and everyone else.
  • edited December 2013
    I went out in 60th place from the main, lost A8 (bb) against sb jam with KJ, KJ flops 2 pair, gg! LARSON7 0 60 £44.18 + £22.50 Head Prizes A bit disappointed I couldn't have gone a lot further and got closer to a FT, but it was an ok result. Thanks a lot for the rail every1, Waller, Liamboi, Craigcu12, Diminuendo, Keith1960, Trev and everyone else.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Wd mate. It's always slightly disappointing not to go further but you got your chips in good which is all you can do. Look at it this way.......1 MTT 1 Cash

Gl for the rest of the week mate.
  • edited December 2013
    Thanks Ryan, gl to you mate with your games, how are things going?
  • edited December 2013
    I went out in 60th place from the main, lost A8 (bb) against sb jam with KJ, KJ flops 2 pair, gg! LARSON7 0 60 £44.18 + £22.50 Head Prizes A bit disappointed I couldn't have gone a lot further and got closer to a FT, but it was an ok result. Thanks a lot for the rail every1, Waller, Liamboi, Craigcu12, Diminuendo, Keith1960, Trev and everyone else.
    Posted by LARSON7
    pffft like i care.
  • edited December 2013

Well played mate, ul with the exit hand. 

Good start to hopefully a big week!
  • edited December 2013
    Indeed today should be winning Tuesday, right lol?

Tonight i'm playing 4 mtts;

The main, mini and 2 Deepstacks at 7:15 and 7:45.

I was multi-tabling 5 Mtts some time last week, I think 4 is optimal at the moment.

Pretty different to multi-tabling cash.

Taking Wednesday off, going to watch the football.
  • edited December 2013
    Thanks Ryan, gl to you mate with your games, how are things going?
    Posted by LARSON7
    Things are going steady. Only play the mains if I sat in. Went close in the primo, thought I was on for a decent score but busted out in 16th after my 10's lost to 33 all in pre. Still made £164 after satting in for £2.60 so can't really moan.

Playing the main tonight as well. Gl mate, be nice if we could both FT!
  • edited December 2013
    The main was going really well, I had 18k with 200 left, then lost AQ>A4, for  achunky pot, and then lost a flip, leaving me with 4k and was out soon after.

The Mini never got started!

I came 4th in the 7:15 deepstack, and 2nd in the 7:45 deepstack, I was chip leader HU, but made a bad call preflop with K9 suited, he had an Ace x, flop K, he binks his ace.

Won quite a lot of Sat's today as well, for the main event tonight, so it's been quite a good day, glad to make some more Ft's and get some deep runs going.
  • edited December 2013
    See Gazza127, total legend!

These are my stats Since Sunday;

12/09/2013-12/11/2028    23   £3.68   £2.67   150%   £84.68   76

and Monday and Tues

12/08/2013-12/11/2028    32   £2.36   £3.97   132%   £75.62   75
  • edited December 2013
    try to play the rebuy tonight m8

well worth it

gl
  • edited December 2013
    See Gazza127, total legend! These are my stats Since Sunday;   12/09/2013-12/11/2028    23   £3.68   £2.67   150%   £84.68   76 and Monday and Tues 12/08/2013-12/11/2028    32   £2.36   £3.97   132%   £75.62   75
    Posted by LARSON7
    ;)

Other way around mate.  (the stats)
  • edited December 2013
    Kev, I've played a lot recently, I played from 7- after 12 yest (just mtts), time for a break today.

Going to watch the football tonight, the Wednesday game does sound good, but will have to wait till another week.

Good luck to all playing in tonight.
  • edited December 2013

Played a few games today, plus £20ish

Good luck to all in the main tonight, tomorrow is gonna be the big score for sure!

• edited December 2013
    Celtic was a total joke tonight, one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

It was like the Hearts game a couple of weeks ago, only the otherway around this time.

We really need a striker. I know we were out, but still an embarrassing result.
  • edited December 2013

Last night MTT was pretty bad, played 5 and didn't get one cash lol

Tonight i'm feeling pretty confident, I'm going to play 3 MTT's, possibly 4.

Playing:

Tonights Main
    Orfie Deepstack
    7:15 Deepstack.

Tomorrow starting at 11am is the 24 hour grind for cancer research.

Just under £600 raised to date, a truly phenomenal effort.

• edited December 2013
    I hope you're going to bed at a decent time, mate. I will be seeing you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 10.45 in the am!
  • edited December 2013
    Last week was a tale of 2 halves.

Start of the week went swimmingly, Thursday and Friday were pretty bad, just nothing would go right.

Played a few sats and failed in every single one, where as Mon to Wed, I couldn't lose a sat.

I don't seem to have much enthusiasm for playing poker right now, not surprising really!

Going 2 play the DTD games tonight and that'll be the extent of my play today.

Charity Game

It went really well over £1200 raised for Cancer research (including gift aid)

It was really hard going, hut a real wall after 11 hours, and then again from 5 am onwards. Would never do it again, but delighted it raised so much money for charity.

Everyone was fantastic and so supportive, everyone was brilliant.

Big shout out to Geldy, liamboi, irishrose, diminuendo who were fantastic.

And of course to Slipwater, who really was amazing, he played every single hand during the whole 24 hours and was instrumental in raising a lot of the money.
  • edited December 2013

This happens, i raise massive cause i know im getting called by limper, stanard right now

: kop4  Small blind   500.00  500.00  28890.00
    woody207  Big blind   1000.00  1500.00  11960.00
       Your hole cards
    A
    A

hucks06  Call   1000.00  2500.00  29580.00
    vincemeat  Fold   
    LARSON7  Raise   4000.00  6500.00  22375.00
    kop4  Fold   
    woody207  All-in   11960.00  18460.00  0.00
    hucks06  All-in   29580.00  48040.00  0.00
    LARSON7  All-in   22375.00  70415.00  0.00
    hucks06  Unmatched bet   4205.00  66210.00  4205.00
    woody207  Show
    hucks06  Show
    LARSON7  Show
    A
    A
    Flop

J

Turn

River

woody207  Win  Full House, 9s and 10s  39380.00   39380.00
    hucks06  Win  Straight to the Jack  268

• edited December 2013
    The above hand summarises tonight with MTT's, but i was playing pretty well.

It'll soon turn around!

Only saving grace tonight was coming 2nd in a freeroll so ive qualified for one of the UKOPs games next week.
  • edited December 2013

unlucky with that AA mate. i had some bad luck myself in the orford league having called a jam with QQvs A10 he gets an A and i miss my set, then when i decide to go all in with 65 now my stack is short what happens i get called by 33 and having hit my pair it just so happens that the 33 hit a set. well don btw for entering the UKOPs.

• edited December 2013
    Thanks, it's quite a good freeroll £100 seat for nout, can't complain!

Not posted much recently, after last Saturday, ive not played much - mostly mtts, all low stakes, have played pretty bad and had some shocking beats.

I played cash for the first time this week for about 4 hours, up over 8 BI's in about 3 hours, so i'm back in the game!
  • edited December 2013
    Larson!

Hows it going?

I read a while back you were aiming for £1000 profit in December!

Are you on track? massive achievement if you can do it.
  • edited December 2013
    Thanks, it's quite a good freeroll £100 seat for nout, can't complain! Not posted much recently, after last Saturday, ive not played much - mostly mtts, all low stakes, have played pretty bad and had some shocking beats. I played cash for the first time this week for about 4 hours, up over 8 BI's in about 3 hours, so i'm back in the game!
    Posted by LARSON7
    What level of cash do you play Larson?

I've been playing 10/20nl, sitting down with a £20 stack and building up to nearly £40, sometimes more...then somehow losing it all. I keep on doing this. Ever experienced anything like that?
  • edited December 2013
    HI PN

I play 10nl, if you double up to 200bb, you should be able to apply pressure and control the table a lot easier.

If you build up a stack and lose it all, it would be good to look at the hands to see what went wrong. Also the hands you won what went well.

Did you make any mistakes, or was it just a cooler when you lost? Was it one pot or numerous pots?

Best thing you can do is post hands you are unsure of in the clinic and get feedback from a wide array of players.
  • edited December 2013
    HI PN I play 10nl, if you double up to 200bb, you should be able to apply pressure and control the table a lot easier. If you build up a stack and lose it all, it would be good to look at the hands to see what went wrong. Also the hands you won what went well. Did you make any mistakes, or was it just a cooler when you lost? Was it one pot or numerous pots? Best thing you can do is post hands you are unsure of in the clinic and get feedback from a wide array of players.
    Posted by LARSON7

Thanks Larson, this is great. I tried this out earlier today. I bought into a 10nl with a £20 stack and it made it much easier to be a nasty bully boy and steal chips.

I tend to think if the same thing is happening over and over, it's not going to always be a cooler. I think I carefully build up a stack and then start thinking I'm some sort of poker god who can't lose...and then I lose. Just a case of more discipline really. Although last night I think I just was a bit unlucky to run into some big hands at the wrong time.

• edited December 2013
    Nice cash Larson. UL about the seat 

What were you saying earlier on "just a fun tourney:)". WD
  • edited December 2013
    Very well played pal nice cash for the time of year.
  • edited December 2013
    Delighted for you mate. Nice cash in a crazy tourny!
  • edited December 2013
    lol A10 b k7 was a sick flip for £300

I had already quallified for next weeks main, so would have been £200 plus £110 pure profit, bit disapinted just now, but it happens.

Will feel a bit better in the morning no doubt!