You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ah got a feelin

1131415161719»

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Day 1
    2 mtts played, 1st one nothing, 2nd won i came 5th with 3 bounties, Lost a massive hand at the FT, AK > KQ and 10J, Flop JJ lol

Total Spend £22, Winnings, £47.25, Profit, £25.25
  • edited March 2014
    Been a while since i had a chat with everyone in here:)

The MTT games above, i've played about 12 games, so far i'm down about £50, not been able to win crucial flips and a good dose of being card dead lol

Feb was quite a swingy month, lots of highs and a lot of lows, but overall quite profitable.

I heatered in hyper sit and gos, at one point my ROI in them was 20%, i don't even want to look at what it is now, cause the last weak has been a lot of run bad with the HU hypers.

I've played quite a lot of HU Cash, some on here but mostly else where. Love playing HU cash, it's one of the best forms of poker, imo. Played quite a lot of regs on the other site at 20nl HU cash, it was pretty funny after a week most of them wouldn't play me. It wasn't to bad playing reg's some were quite decent, others not so.

On sky this month i played a mixture of 10nl and 20nl cash 6 max. Both were profitable.

Don't know if i'll be playing as much poker this month as last month.

The biggest thing that has changed in the last few months is that before i used to play for fun, just i enjoyed it.

I suppose more recently, the last 3/4 months it has been more to make a bit of money, still really enjoying it though.

One thing i'm pretty bad with is tilting and being spewy, that's one thing i'll need to get sorted.

Best part of my game, i would say HU Sit and gos/ Cash and 6 max cash.

Weakest part of my game, probably MTT's. Don't get me wrong i'm alrite at MTT's just sometimes it's hard to stay focussed for so long.
  • edited March 2014
    During the week i recorded a poker session for the 1st time.

Someone told me it would be a good idea, was amazed at how bad i had played a few hands!

Was pretty fun though seeing how i played.

Might record another cash session tonight.

This is quite an interesting hand from lastnight; what would do on the turn? Smooth call or jam? It's versus a good regular. If we jam we lose value from their flush draws and just take it down there and then most times. If we smooth call in position, we can let them bluff the river when they miss. If the club comes in it's pretty yucky. What do you think the best line is?

SIREZ Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £34.59
    xBig blind  £0.20 £0.30 £39.80
      Your hole cards

padzmac Fold     
    LARSON7 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £49.40
    SIREZ Call  £0.50 £1.40 £34.09
    Call  £0.40 £1.80 £39.40
    Flop

SIREZ Check     
    Bet  £0.90 £2.70 £38.50
    LARSON7 Raise  £2.70 £5.40 £46.70
    SIREZ Fold     
    Raise  £5.10 £10.50 £33.40
    LARSON7 Call  £3.30 £13.80 £43.40
    Turn

Bet  £7.20 £21.00 £26.20
    LARSON7 Call  £7.20
  • edited March 2014
    Definitely get it in on the turn, I wouldnt expect many/any FDs after he 3bets the flop. Its prob a flip between whether he has 22 or TT
  • edited March 2014
    I am going to tentatively disagree, and go for flat!

Call/ship any river.
  • edited March 2014
    I call turn, call river ship. All draws bricked.

Don't know what is best, smooth calling or shipping? I suppose smooth calling is slightly better.
  • edited March 2014
    Say smooothhhhh more :D

WHATS WRONG WITH FLAT
  • edited March 2014
    Result?

22/TT ftw
  • edited March 2014

We get stacks off 22/TT anyway......

idc what comes otr, he doesn't fold a set.

Probably is 1 of the 2 hands, but in position, with a favourable pot/stack ratio (due to correct flop line) just no need to fold out any random stuff he might have.

It's too easy to play.
  • edited March 2014
    Can't help with hands, I'll leave that to the players but..

Is "call" not a viable alternative to "flat" and "smooth" :)
  • edited March 2014
    @ Jac good shout!

Not been playing much the last week, hardly played any 6 max cash at all.

I was playing a few HU sit and gos last night about 11 and through in a  sat for the 12:30 £750 BH. I ended qualifying for £2, got off 2 a peach of a start was getting the hands, at the FT i had 40% of the chips in play 6 handed, there were 4 really short stacks at the table. Blew up big style to end up going out 4th!

These are my stats from the 20 £11 bh games to date (£220 total spend)

Total games 11*, Total Spend £144, winnings £126.01, Profit -£18*

*Includes 1 £33 BH. I've also qualified for this Thursday's BH through a freeroll.

I made a HU cash video and a really good HU cash player had a look at it for me. Was amazing hearing his views on hands, like when to check and when to bet, these types of things and just his all round knowledge of the game. He spotted quite a few leaks as well. I was amazed watching the video back how bad i played in certain spots.

WIth HU hypers i've been on a bit of a downswing recently, have been running really bad. Feel like i've been playing well enough, but had a good amount of bad beats, as well as losinga  lot of flips, 40/60s, and 70, 30s.

This is a graph of my HU sit and gos ( />£3) to date this year.

• edited March 2014
    Poker Cross Road

At a bit of a cross roads with poker.

I need to have a hard look at why i play the game.

When i started it was just about fun, and while it still is fun i need to decide if i want to take it more seriously to take it to the next level.

It's hard to explain but i'm sure some others might have been here before.

It's been suggested i stop making withdrawels and just let bankroll build up.

That's what i'm going to be doing, and over the next couple of months i'll spend more time learning which is something i've really neglected to date. If i do the right things it should show in results in the future.

• edited March 2014
    Different slant on it.

You're enjoying your poker, that's good.
    You're making decent money, that's good.
    You're making regular withdrawals and enjoying spending the money, that's good.

Do you really need to change anything?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ah got a feelin:
    Different slant on it. You're enjoying your poker, that's good. You're making decent money, that's good. You're making regular withdrawals and enjoying spending the money, that's good. Do you really need to change anything?
    Posted by Jac35
    Yeah that was it status quo or prepare to move up.

I don't need to change anything, but it's worth going for it. At the very least over the next few months i'll learn a lot. If something doesn't work out, then there's no harm in trying.
  • edited March 2014

I don't normally do this, but these are some short term goals

• Build bankroll up to 1.6k-2k
    • Get sharkscope up to 2k profit
    • Spend more time learning, studying, reviewing sessions
    • Reduce tilt/ being spewy

It will prob take about 2/3 months for number 1. Number 2 could be a lot longer, but 1 bink and that would 1 and 2 be sorted:)

• edited March 2014
    These are my stats so far for the 20 £11 MTTs

Total games 13*, Total Spend £187, winnings £194, Profit +7

*11 £11 MTTs, 2 £33 games.

Almost finished!
  • edited March 2014
    Poker Cross Road At a bit of a cross roads with poker. I need to have a hard look at why i play the game. When i started it was just about fun, and while it still is fun i need to decide if i want to take it more seriously to take it to the next level. It's hard to explain but i'm sure some others might have been here before. It's been suggested i stop making withdrawels and just let bankroll build up. That's what i'm going to be doing, and over the next couple of months i'll spend more time learning which is something i've really neglected to date. If i do the right things it should show in results in the future.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Can I add? Why not do both?

For example, your starting BR at the start of the month is £1500. At the end you have £1700. Now withdraw £100 (50%).

The following month; starting BR £1600. End £1650. Withdraw £25 (50%).

That way you BR increases AND you get something out of it. Obviously, if you have a losing month you take nothing out but have your last BR starting point as your new threshold.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ah got a feelin : Can I add? Why not do both? For example, your starting BR at the start of the month is £1500. At the end you have £1700. Now withdraw £100 (50%). The following month; starting BR £1600. End £1650. Withdraw £25 (50%). That way you BR increases AND you get something out of it. Obviously, if you have a losing month you take nothing out but have your last BR starting point as your new threshold.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Hey Craig

I could do, but don't need to with draw just now, so am just going to let BR grow and see where it goes.

It's the best way to grow as a player and move up the levels.

Nothings set in stone, i'll look at stuff every month.

I don't just play for money, like tonight i played 2 MTT's, £3 total buy in on here, and a £8 deepstack elsewhere just for a bit of fun.

• edited March 2014
    Wee update, i played drunk last night, it was fun but costly.

Lost £30 quid in 20 minutes. No1 was folding to my crazy raises, and i ran a set into a straight lol

Don't play when drinking!
  • edited March 2014
    Your secrets out, not really how I imagined you`d look but if ur happy its ok!!!!

• edited March 2014

haha nice 1 Dave lol

Only 1 Larsson:)

Have been having a think about it, i'm going to stop posting in this diary for the time being, i might start it up again in a couple of months time.

I'm going to be doing my rambling else where for a while on a different forum:)

It's been fun, thanks for reading, and good luck all at the tables:D

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: 100 MTT Games - To Improve:
    lol just sounds like a lot I'll give 100 games a go, it gives me a focus. The main thing i want to do is prove to myself i can improve at these and start making better decisions in Mtt's. This thread will help me a lot too. Once i've played 100 games i will discontinue the thread (and hopefully still be playing them). Saying 100 games gives me a target to get 2.
    Posted by LARSON7

In Response to Re: Ah got a feelin:
    haha nice 1 Dave lol Only 1 Larsson:) Have been having a think about it, i'm going to stop posting in this diary for the time being, i might start it up again in a couple of months time. I'm going to be doing my rambling else where for a while on a different forum:) It's been fun, thanks for reading, and good luck all at the tables:D
    Posted by LARSON7

Long overdue some might say ;)
  • edited March 2014

Just a quick update now that's me finished my 20 £11 MTT's, or £220 spend on MTT's

I ended up playing 14 £11 games and 2 x £33 Main events.

Total games 16*, Total Spend £220, winnings £251, Profit +31.

It was good fun and i ended up getting into a lot of these games through Satelites, one of the main events was through one of the freeroll games during the double guarantee week.

For the next few weeks i'm going to be concentrating on MTT's, i've hardly played any cash at all in the last couple of weeks. I'm also going to be playing more Sats for the main events, something that people kept advising me to do ages ago when i first started this. Tbh, was never really a fan of satelites, but now i think they are quite decent!

I'm going to start this diary up again once my Sharkscope shows a profit of 2k.

:)