You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ah got a feelin

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Last night i was up 1 bi when i stopped playing.

Was down 2 bi's and turned it around.

Today i'm up 3/4 bi's after just over 2 hours - 2 sessions, i only got stacked once got it in JJ versus QQ on a 8910 board, all in on flop, hut my straight queen on the turn, board pairs on river for a FH.

I'm quite happy getting it in in this hand, even if called i reckon im about 50/50.

Bit bizarre theres all new regs i'm coming across at 10nl, who i've never experienced before. Standard is about the same as 4nl, just a bit better, regs seem to be pretty tight ABC players.
    Superman_ Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £14.58
    x Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £16.64
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

LARSON7 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £9.99
    junior10 Fold        
    bobscot Fold        
    Superman_ Fold        
    x Raise   £1.00 £1.45 £15.64
    LARSON7 Call   £0.80 £2.25 £9.19
    Flop

x Bet   £1.40 £3.65 £14.24
    LARSON7 All-in   £9.19 £12.84 £0.00
    x Call   £7.79 £20.63 £6.45
    x Show
    • Q
    • Q

LARSON7 Show
    • J
    • J

Turn

• edited November 2013
    Bit bizarre theres all new regs i'm coming across at 10nl, who i've never experienced before. Standard is about the same as 4nl, just a bit better, regs seem to be pretty tight ABC players.

The RTR promo worked then...

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to ...:
    Bit bizarre theres all new regs i'm coming across at 10nl, who i've never experienced before. Standard is about the same as 4nl, just a bit better, regs seem to be pretty tight ABC players. The RTR promo worked then... Cheers,  TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Lol interesting, wonder if there are any regs gone missing....
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to ...:
    Bit bizarre theres all new regs i'm coming across at 10nl, who i've never experienced before. Standard is about the same as 4nl, just a bit better, regs seem to be pretty tight ABC players. The RTR promo worked then... Cheers,  TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    doubt it, take it they just play 10nl and i've not come across them, before i've only played master cash 10 nl lol

RTR has been going for months, doubt it has any bearing on much.
  • edited November 2013
    Hey mate, I've been absent for a week or so (not that you've noticed, I'm sure...) but I'm glad to hear the move up the stakes is going well for you. Of course, I firmly believe it is at least partly due to me not being on your tables, which shall be rectified once I get back online in the next few days!

See you soon, bud :D
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks Brian,

What were you playing down at DTD? How did it go?

--------------------------------

Last night i ended up losing 3 bi's, but over all on the day was plus 2 bi up so can't really complain.

Funny, when it's not going our way, running bad, i tried to plow through it. I'm pretty sure it's best to just stop playing when it's not working.

Yesterday brilliant start, bad finish, but over all still up on the day.
  • edited November 2013

My DTD summary:

Lasted three hours in the main after blowing 17k of my starting 30k when I flopped the nut straight, holding AQ, and called him down to the river, thinking I was trapping him... except he runner-runner flushed me!!!

8th in the £25 Saturday side.

6th in the £100 Sunday side.

So - profit.

...yeah, when you ain't playing well - stop. Or join liamboi11's table! :D

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Ah got a feeling:
    My DTD summary: Lasted three hours in the main after blowing 17k of my starting 30k when I flopped the nut straight, holding AQ, and called him down to the river, thinking I was trapping him... except he runner-runner flushed me!!! 8th in the £25 Saturday side. 6th in the £100 Sunday side. So - profit. ...yeah, when you ain't playing well - stop. Or join liamboi11's table! :D
    Posted by Slipwater
    lol
  • edited November 2013
    Another swingy day, started up down, then ended up a reasonable amount over all for the day.

Hand 1) It's a regular, when he calls my 4 bet, it's pretty obvious he has QQs or King's, pretty sure he'd fold Jacks pre, QQ or AK was my shout. Min bet on the turn, i knew it was queens or kings. People might hate this, but it was set up for the river, hard to fold queens / kings as played
    eedsdan27 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £24.61
    x Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.78
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Donttelmum Fold        
    supercrazy Fold        
    robl04 Fold        
    LARSON7 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £8.45
    leedsdan27 Call   £0.25 £0.70 £24.36
    x Raise   £1.10 £1.80 £9.68
    LARSON7 Raise   £2.70 £4.50 £5.75
    leedsdan27 Fold        
    x Call   £1.80 £6.30 £7.88
    Flop

• A

x Check        
    LARSON7 Check        
    Turn

• A

x Bet   £0.10 £6.40 £7.78
    LARSON7 Call   £0.10 £6.50 £5.65
    River

x Bet   £3.25 £9.75 £4.53
    LARSON7 All-in   £5.65 £15.40 £0.00
    x Call   £2.40 £17.80 £2.13
    x Show
    • Q
    • Q

LARSON7 Show
    • A
    • A

£0.40£0.55£8.33

£1.20£1.75£12.73
       £0.90£2.65£7.43

£1.99£4.64£10.74
       £7.43£12.07£0.00
       £10.74£22.81£0.00
       £5.30£17.51£5.30

£16.1
  • edited November 2013
    Hey Diminuendo,

Thanks,

With this hand, opponents range is really tight. I only have a pot size bet behind. If i bet it needs to be really small, or he can only call me with AK. He never has a flush draw here. Even if i bet £2 into £6 i'm pretty sure he'd still fold.

On the turn it's such a feeler bet, betting 10p, if i raise, i don't think he can continue. Just smooth calling set's it up for the river, where now he thinks his big pair is good.

I know your name, you're a tournie player? Could be wrong but pretty sure i've seen you running deep in some of the big games.

I don't normally like posting updates, won x lost x, but i'm terrible at recording results in a spread sheet , i've been sent through about 3 different spread sheets by 3 different people lol but i don't have a clue about spread sheets, so here it is for now. Really helps me keep track of what i'm doing.

• edited November 2013
    I've not played many tournaments recently it's been all cash - outside of the monday night dtd games.

I love the £1 and £2 deepstacks, while the money isn't great, they are good fun tournies. There is a £5 deepstack, only played in it once there wasn't that many runners, i'll maybe have to give it another go at some point, but generally can't see many tournies i want to play with about a fiver buy in. It's mostly BH'ers and they are just tilting lol Maybe i've just not had a look properly, i'll check it out over the next couple of days.

Cash has went well again today, i was up 2.5 bi's, lost these, then this evening after the football ended up plus 3 bi's for the day.

Going to have a look at tournies, while a bink would really help bankroll, i think cash will be a lot more steady and consistant.

Bit gutting Celtic got beat tonight, just hoping we can get all 3 points at home against AC Milan and i'll take a draw in Barcelona :P

• ommomm
    edited November 2013
    Hi Larson

Wasn't being rude earlier when u said hi, for some reason the chat was not working on my iPad so couldn't reply. How have u been? 

I haven't played as much recently due to ill health, hoping to start playing more and building up over the next few month.

Scott
  • edited November 2013
    HeyScott

Thought you were on mini view lol i've been good thanks.

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling too good, hopefully things are on the mend and it's a good month for you at poker.

-------------------------------------------------

Today has been pretty brutal at poker, i ended up just over £10, but i was well up then had the most massive down swing ever losing all my profit and more, then a late rally turned things around. Pretty annoying when it could have been a belter of a day, but atleast i didn't end up down.

I played the longest sessions ever today, i would say about 6 hours. There was 3 hours where nothing went right which resulted in me playing bad/ making stupid mistakes. If anyone seen the TV programme there was a hand where it showed me limping with junk, 9 2, or something like that which was a total misclick. That was at the height of my downswing.

Funny game is poker.
  • edited November 2013
    Since monday ive withdrawn £162, and my account is plus £23, above my starting bank roll.

I got lucky HU in the Orfie deepstack game last night, getting it in behind twice, to flop the nuts/ turn the nuts to take it down. This really helped my bankroll and always nice to bink an MTT, one of the best feelings in poker. Well on target to reach £400 profit by the end of the month.

The last week has been really swingy with Cash, but i have learned a lot. I would say I have lost atleast £70 in silly spots playing bad, if i sort out these leaks my win rate should increase.

MTT's only played 6 this week, 3 on monday and Friday, will try and get some volume in over the next month. I guess I see Cash as being more consistant (for profit) than MTT's. Will see how it goes.

Edit, Withdrawn £182 Account Balance Plus £30 (above bankroll) 4pm Sat 9/11
  • edited November 2013
    With Drawn £212, and i'm up £29 on my starting roll

• edited November 2013
    Bad day, minus 3.5 Bi's.

• edited November 2013
    It's been a bizarre couple of weeks with the poker. First week was on an amazing heater, i had  a run of 6/7 consecutive winning days. Life was good, it was easy, confidence was through the roof.

Things changed on Monday of this week, I ended up 3.5 bi's down. I wasn't playing particuarly bad just running terrible. Tuedsay through to Thursday, i had a massive swing up and down, winning and losing, it's the most swingy time i've ever experienced with poker. I was so annoyed with myself cause i had started to play really bad, a good example I have AQ, in a 4 bet pot, Queen high flop, we get it in on the flop, of course he has kings! It's so obvious he had an over pair, but instead of calling opponents flop bet i go and reraise and called his shove, pretty bad.

It was made worse by the fact i was chasing losses and played a lot more 20nl over 10nl.

I was tilted, playing bad and running bad. I'm embarassed looking at some of the hand histories.

Another thing that was tilting was every table had 3/4 tight "regulars" on them (at 10nl) so there was no action at all, and they were on every table, so things were really slow.

Friday and today have been really good days and i'm in profit overall for the week which on Thursday wouldn't have seemed possible.

It's been a turbulent week at the poker but long term it's taught me some important lessons, especially don't play when tilted, just stop! Better to be down 2 bi than making it worse by losing more.

There's also a lot of stuff i need to learn in relation to poker. If i want to play 20nl and beat 20nl convinclingly, there's a lot of work to be done!
  • edited November 2013
    Poker has alot to do with patience on and off the tables mate.

Its not just a case of being patient in game, its also a case of being patient when not at a table and waiting for the right tables to become available.

No good sitting v tight nits and watching paint dry for hours winning the odd big blind here and there, just get on with other stuff and come back when the tables are better and you will find your win rate rocket.

You have a good aggro game on you but pick your spots a little better and that too will help you alot.

Also you should try a few bigger buyin mtts anytime you have a good cash session because while there is alot more variance in them and you may not even cash for a good while you also might get that one big bink you need to put yourself on the next run of the ladder.

Good Luck mate
  • edited November 2013
    This is the hand that crippled me in the primo. I was spot on about the check raise being a bluff. My mistake comes on the river. My gut instinct when i was check raised was it a bluff, and to let coxy fire both streets and let him bluff away.

In saying that he could be doing ith with Ace 10, 910, it just felt like a bluff. Pretty sure he didn't have  aset.

The turn is a total brick, so peeling again is fine. On the river with the 1.7x raise he's making it look bluffy, and looking to get called by Ace X type hands, it's so obvious. My big mistake was calling the river bet, it's highly unlikely he is bluffing here, he's a good player, and wouldn't be jeaporading his chips so early on, that says it all really. While i was right on the flop, turn was fine, river was my big mistake. I got ul on the turn, but still an easy fold on the river for the simple reason he'd never be bluffing of his stack early doors.

bazwin Small blind   10.00 10.00 3150.00
    x Big blind   20.00 30.00 3020.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

jonnyrkd Fold        
    Claytov Fold        
    DJP1990 Fold        
    LARSON7 Raise   60.00 90.00 2900.00
    bazwin Fold        
    x Call   40.00 130.00 2980.00
    Flop

• A

x Check        
    LARSON7 Bet   65.00 195.00 2835.00
    x Raise   180.00 375.00 2800.00
    LARSON7 Call   115.00 490.00 2720.00
    Turn

x Bet   275.00 765.00 2525.00
    LARSON7 Call   275.00 1040.00 2445.00
    River

x Bet   1775.00 2815.00 750.00
    LARSON7 Call   1775.00 4590.00 670.00
    x Show

LARSON7 Muck
    • Q
    • Q

x Win Three 3s 4590.00  
  • edited November 2013
    Good stuff mate
    Looks like you're getting the results you deserve at the moment.
    Keep going

Edit: posted before you put up the hh post.
    Ouch, think you have to fold, annoying when they get there when your read is right on the flop.
    Lol at me saying fold. That button is still shiny and new on my laptop. The call button is knackered though :)
  • edited November 2013
    You say peeling the turn is fine, but the problem with that is that we are going to be facing another bet on the river, and our hand is highly unlikley to improve. It's CLB, one of the best players on the site, we know he will fire again.

I think we can comfortably bin this on the turn. It's the first level of the Primo, we will still have bags of chips behind. If he is bluffing, then let him have it. There are much better spots to go to war.
  • edited November 2013
    Poker has alot to do with patience on and off the tables mate. Its not just a case of being patient in game, its also a case of being patient when not at a table and waiting for the right tables to become available. No good sitting v tight nits and watching paint dry for hours winning the odd big blind here and there, just get on with other stuff and come back when the tables are better and you will find your win rate rocket. You have a good aggro game on you but pick your spots a little better and that too will help you alot. Also you should try a few bigger buyin mtts anytime you have a good cash session because while there is alot more variance in them and you may not even cash for a good while you also might get that one big bink you need to put yourself on the next run of the ladder. Good Luck mate
    Posted by Diminuendo
    Thanks Kev, all wise words. I will maybe look at trying a few more sats for bigger buy in tournaments. I just see Cash as being more consistant with less variance, but would like to be playing some bigger games, maybe a goal for next year.

I ended up satting into the Primo tonight for £2, i didn't last long at all. I played an interesting hand against CoxyLBoro, i'll post it below with my thoughts on the hand, and where i made my mistake.

I also played the 7:45 and 7:15 deepstacks, I won the 7:45 one and came 9th in the 7:15 one. I ended up bubbling the 8:05 bh too.

• edited November 2013
    HH if he's bluffing, our hand doesn't need to improve, we are letting him bluff away.

Folding the turn is a mistake in my opinion when i've called the flop raise for a reason (i think i'm good)

But you are right about the 2nd part, no way can i ever call the river bet.
  • edited November 2013
    Fold from the BH tonight against a tight player! Prob had quad queens
    tripAAolA Small blind   75.00 75.00 7358.75
    x Big blind   150.00 225.00 7297.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

flintoff22 Fold        
    theblade16 Fold        
    LARSON7 Raise   300.00 525.00 5320.00
    declar Fold        
    tripAAolA Fold        
    x Call   150.00 675.00 7147.50
    Flop

• Q
    • Q
    • K

x Check        
    LARSON7 Bet   337.50 1012.50 4982.50
    x Call   337.50 1350.00 6810.00
    Turn

x All-in   6810.00 8160.00 0.00
    LARSON7 Fold        
    x Muck        
    x Win   1350.00   1350.00
    x Return   6810.00  
  • edited November 2013
    You played any more live cash?
    Thought you might have got the bug after the success first time out.
    Have you given up on that other place by the way?
  • edited November 2013
    HH if he's bluffing, our hand doesn't need to improve, we are letting him bluff away. Folding the turn is a mistake in my opinion when i've called the flop raise for a reason (i think i'm good) But you are right about the 2nd part, no way can i ever call the river bet.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Kinda contradict yourself Henrik. If you think he's bluffing on the turn, then you have to call the river and be reasonably happy to do so. Why would you call the turn confident that you're ahead to then not call the bet on the river after a harmless 4 completes the board? 

Why is folding the turn a mistake? We are either miles ahead or miles behind on this board. We are either drawing to 2 outs, or comfortably ahead of Coxy's airballs. Not sure how often he turns up with air here.

Fair play for going with your read that he had nothing and calling him down. Long term, I don't think this will yield positive results. It's too early in a well structured tournament to get carried away with 'hero' calls etc.

Well done on your DS bink btw.
  • edited November 2013
    I think folding the 3 turn is a mistake given the action. A109r...... c/r..... turn 3 ... lol. Fold river

I'm surprised to see 3s maybe coxy contacted Skypeter and asked him what the turn was, spacky tiit
  • edited November 2013
    You played any more live cash? Thought you might have got the bug after the success first time out. Have you given up on that other place by the way?
    Posted by Jac35
    I posted there yesterday for the 1st time in a while, i didn't want to post up going through a bad spell, saying i'm losing it's terrible lol

Pretty much copied and pasted that onto here.

Livecash

I meant to post on this before, but totally forgot.

The last time i was in a Casino (excluding the SPT) it was prob about a year before when i was terrible at poker.

Me and friends used to go up and sit down with £40 on 25/50 table or 50/1 tables, and basically just try and double up! That time i went up i went into the 1st casino and blinds were 1/2 at a minimum! there was also 2/4 and 5/10 tables.  There was a waiting list so i decided to go check out another casino where i was hoping blinds would be 50/1 (i had roughly £200 on me).

The next casino only had 1 table running, and there was 2 seats available, but the blinds were 1/2, i thought i've come this far i might as well give it a go. The £200 was money from poker winnings, it would have been annoying to lose it, but i was prepared that it was just a buyin, and if i lost it atleast i had taken a shot.

Also at the time i was without a computer and was itching to play some poker.

The table everyone seemed to know everyone, but there was no chat at the table or humour. It was all quite serious. The standard wasn't great, there were 3/4 players that were quite decent, the rest would limp a lot and were really transparent with their bet sizing. I was really comfortable at the table. The 1 big hand i won was with 2 pair all in on the flop, i flipped over my cards as soon as i had called opponents all in. He never showed his cards, which i was really surprised at.

When the river card came down he said something like "your good son" and mucked his cards. I never realised he didn't have to show his cards in a live cash game.

A bit later against some opppnent he bluffed the river betting £25, i snap called with 2nd pair, and he said your good again, but never mucked his cards. There was a bit of a stand off, cause i wanted to see his cards! In the end i just showed down my hand, and he mucked.

So it turned out really well i took a shot and made really good money that night.  But to do it regularly i rekcon i'd need a live cash bankroll, which would need to be a lot! I might take other shots, but just now i'm just going to stick to online poker.

But i definatly reckon there is pheneomenal value at live poker.
  • edited November 2013
    This is the hand that crippled me in the primo. I was spot on about the check raise being a bluff. My mistake comes on the river. My gut instinct when i was check raised was it a bluff, and to let coxy fire both streets and let him bluff away. In saying that he could be doing ith with Ace 10, 910, it just felt like a bluff. Pretty sure he didn't have  aset. The turn is a total brick, so peeling again is fine. On the river with the 1.7x raise he's making it look bluffy, and looking to get called by Ace X type hands, it's so obvious. My big mistake was calling the river bet, it's highly unlikely he is bluffing here, he's a good player, and wouldn't be jeaporading his chips so early on, that says it all really. 
    Posted by LARSON7

HI Larson,
    Still reading.... Dont usually get involved in analysing PRIMO hands BUT IMO your BIG mistake (against Coxy) was..
    EDIT: i've had a rethink about this and I'm not really sure you should have posted the players name?
    I really shouldn't give my reads on Coxy? ;-)

BTW anonymised it's a REALLY good hand for the clinic.  

• edited November 2013
    what line is going to raise flop then barrel turn and river with a bluff its a fold on the river big overshove aswell he knows your a thinking player probs and hes out levelled ya here imo