You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ah got a feelin

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Nice going Larson - I know its only 113 but its a great start
  • edited August 2013
    Good work but keep going you have shown great improvements I think you should really work on your sat game now. By doing this you will get in the bigger tournaments and eventually take one down or get some decent cashes. This will reduce your ROI but in the long run it is the best way to go as you can basically add 5% to your roll at the start with min cashes from miniscul BI's and only takes one deep run to double/triple it!

Don't stop keep it going and keep looking to improve!
  • edited August 2013
    makes a nice to change to see a guy learning and progressing day by day rather than posting tripe in the bbv column and moaning about how unlucky they are all the time. keep it going sir!!!
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks everyone!

Will try looking at Sats to get into some bigger games.

I've played for about 2 years now, in the last 6 months i have improved a good amount, imo.

Still a long way to go! I've never read a poker book in my life, in the last couple of days i've pickedup a few, Winning Poker Tournies one hand a time, kill everyone, and doyle brunsons super system.

Looking forward to reading these, seeing what i pick up from them. Only started reading Winning poker tournies a hand at a time, really interesting seeing a top players view as to how they played a hand, their strategy in playing the hand the way they did.
  • edited August 2013
    play the 5pm rebuy m8 loads of overlay n i want ya chips :p 
  • edited August 2013
    Today i ended up playing a few MTTs.

Accidentally regd for a 2pound rebuy game

Plus

Mini,

8:05 BH, 7:15 and 7:45 deepie

Went out of the mini early, to a flip, was pretty terrible, everyone was limping every pot, when you raised you were getting 3/4 callers. How are you meant to play poker against that?

Ran deep in the other tournies. Until about the bubble in the BH i shoved 99s into aces with 10 bb's, which left me with 1 bb! 7:15 game, again went out just a bit before the bubble.

The 7:15 deepe, ended up Ftabling again, went out 4th pretty horrible exit.

I min raised K 10, on the Button. Small blind calls. Flop 10 high, all the money gets in on the flop, he turns over aces. GG

Bit disapointed i didnt do better today,but was still another cash.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 100 MTT Games Completed, 6 weeks later...:
    Today i ended up playing a few MTTs. Accidentally regd for a 2pound rebuy game Plus Mini, 8:05 BH, 7:15 and 7:45 deepie Went out of the mini early, to a flip, was pretty terrible, everyone was limping every pot, when you raised you were getting 3/4 callers. How are you meant to play poker against that? Ran deep in the other tournies. Until about the bubble in the BH i shoved 99s into aces with 10 bb's, which left me with 1 bb! 7:15 game, again went out just a bit before the bubble. The 7:15 deepe, ended up Ftabling again, went out 4th pretty horrible exit. I min raised K 10, on the Button. Small blind calls. Flop 10 high, all the money gets in on the flop, he turns over aces. GG Bit disapointed i didnt do better today,but was still another cash.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Larson these mini BH are the same MTT that I just can't work out a strategy for, these get so many limpers and callers and it doesn't end their because donk min bets are constantly done too.
    I was in the mains tonight myself and with the number of regs greater when i was in hands it was much more relaxing even when a head prize was up for grab the players would be sensible with calls rather than call for just that chance of a head.
  • edited August 2013
    btw good job in the deep stack you were in on Wednesday.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks craig lol

For the time being, i'm gonna retire this thread.

I have achieved what i wanted to through the thread.

Have really enjoyed it, some people at the tables in the last week have mentioned it to me. People that don't post on the forum, which was really sweet.

Might come back to the thread at a later date, if i decide on something else/ or have anything else to add.

The last while, especially the last 2 weeks, i've been playing way to much poker.

Overall, maybe time for a break!
  • edited August 2013
    I'm gonna keep this going to keep me focussed.

From starting this thread about 2 months ago I went from around about £100 to £700 in total. The £700 includes withdrawels i've made along the way (If not for withdrawels bankroll would be 700).

I had a period where 20 days in a row, i was constantly winning every single day. It's prob my biggest winning streak ever playing.

The profit came from MTTs, Cash and about £30/40 from Sky's free bet promo.

On Sunday, i ended up playing the Frenzy for the main UKOPs event and ended up throwing away about £20 in them plus about another fiver in sats. I know it sounds really stupid but i felt i had just squandered this on something that is pretty much a pure gamble. Basically it tilted me and i ended up going on to blow a tenner at 4nl in about 10 minutes (almost impossible i know!) then went onto lose another £20 from 10nl over 2 mastercash tables, i ran pretty bad, and played bad in a few hands i could easily have got away from. Really i was chasing money.

The £10 at 4nl in 10 minutes was pure tilt, just like red mist, and i threw it away in hands you normally never would be involved with. Weird, i knew i was annoyed but was determined i was going to keep playing.

I can be pretty bad for that and something i need to keep an eye out for.

It was a bit annoying on Sunday, but in the grandscheme of things it really isn't that important, it's £50 but taught me a good lesson.

In tournaments on Monday i played pretty terrible, I called an all in with K3 Suited, in the mid stages, just cause i had a stack, really bad. I ended up getting a deep run in all 3 DTD games, but just squandered chips with the most terrible play ever. Maybe a bit of a through back to Sunday.

Yesterday, i just about broke even.

Hopefully keeping this going will keep me focussed and stop me from making stupid decisions.

It was partly due to reading F_Ivan's thread i thought it would be a good shout to keep this going.

Today with Poker, i am happy with MTT's, feel really confident when i'm playing in them, know roughly what i should be doing.

HU (turbo) games, quite confident at these too, i seem to do reasonable at them.

With Cash, i would say i'm ok but a lot of areas to improve in. 4nl and 10nl is totally fine, no hassle with them. But 20nl was difficult the few times i played, in saying that wasn't a massive sample size.
  • edited August 2013
    Poker yesterday was a break even day, just back in from the football!

Celtic through to the group stages of the champions league!

What agame against shakter karangandy! the atmosphere was electric and when Forrest scored the place erupted. Was confident going into the game we'd turn around the 2-0 deficit as the 1st half wore on was getting worried, but what a time to score the first goal just before half time. 2nd goal a minute into the second half, then forrest sealing the deal in injury time!

Fantastic result, and Brilliant result for Neil Lennon and all scottish football.
  • edited August 2013
    As  a Rangers fan i think Celtic getting into the group stages in huge. For the sake of the Scottish game we need you in there fighting. Annoyingly unless you sign someone though i dont see you in europe past christmas. 

One more question. Football related and this might be contraversial. Do you really see Lennon as the right man for the job. I mean I'm no expert but over the past 5 years i think, Celtic have had a far superior side to anyone else in the league. It took a Rangers blow up + Administration for him to win the title, and then obviously last year they might as well have crowned you champions in July. 

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: We're havin a party in the Champions League. Ah got a feelin:
    Yo mate. Saw your post on other thread so came here to reply Not played much poker for last few months mate because ive been busy with other stuff and the nba season has finished at the mo which means alot of the time im not awake at daft oclock trading and that was the main time i would normally be playing online. Will def be back at some point though no doubt but theres a good chance i will see you at aspers next weekend, i wont be playing the main but will almost certainly be there on the drink with a few mates and to have a few beers with some of the guys ive met on here. Great result for celtic mate, was class match. Be lucky Daz
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Cracking stuff!

Be sure to say hello
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: We're havin a party in the Champions League. Ah got a feelin:
    As  a Rangers fan i think Celtic getting into the group stages in huge. For the sake of the Scottish game we need you in there fighting. Annoyingly unless you sign someone though i dont see you in europe past christmas.  One more question. Football related and this might be contraversial. Do you really see Lennon as the right man for the job. I mean I'm no expert but over the past 5 years i think, Celtic have had a far superior side to anyone else in the league. It took a Rangers blow up + Administration for him to win the title, and then obviously last year they might as well have crowned you champions in July. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hey mate,

100% I would say he is the right man for the job, in my opinion he has done a fantastic job in the time he's been at Celtic.
    Lennon's only been in the job for just over 3 years. He took over from Tony Mowbry who totally ran the club into the ground in the short period he was at Celtic.

Lennon had to come rebuild and try and get the most out of what was already at the club, we were toiling since Strachan left.

Lennon really turned it around, building a strong team and winning the last 2 leagues. I know what you are saying about the rangers blow up, but remember that season Celtic had it's blow up earlier on in the season. When Celtic was losing at Killie  3-0 and came back 2 draw 3 each, Lennon's job was really on the line, he came out afterwards and said had he lost that game he would have resigned.

Outside of the SPL, he has also got Celtic qualifed for the group stages of the Champions league after playing 5 qualifiers over those 2 years. Last season he managed to beat barca at home, and we were minutes away from an amazing result over there. All in all, i think he has done brilliant for Celtic.

Especially given that he had no real experience of managing when he took over from Tony Mowbry.

The fact Rangers arnt in the SPL is nothing to do with Celtic, and i certainly dont think it diminishes Celtic's achievements.

For what its worth, and not every supporter would agree, but i miss the old firm games. In my opinion it is the best derby in the world. If you took out the minority of bigots on both sides, it really would be the best fixture in the world. 

• edited August 2013
    champions league u aving a laugh u be out at group stages ;)
  • edited August 2013
    lol but we're havin a party!

Bit of a glamour draw!

Barcelona, AC Milan, Ajax

• edited August 2013
    Just booked up for Bayern Munich away in December. Love my European away days!
  • edited August 2013
    I've decided definatly going to the away Barca game this year!

Was gonna go last year but left it 2 late, got really expensive plus work got in the way lol

Gonna plan it this year!
  • edited August 2013

Quick update

July and August have been my best months for poker since i started playing. I've made a good amount of money over the period.

I would definatly say i'm a lot happier with MTT's now and that cash is the part of my game that needs to be improved upon. Quite happy that I can beat 4nl and 10nl over the amount of games and times i've played at these levels.

The times i've dabbled in 20nl in all honesty i've prob struggled a bit. In saying that its nothing major just a few tweeks i need to make.

Another thing i need to do is stop tilting! I know i will prob never eradicate it, but if i can minimise it that will be a big step in the right direction.

This week has been my worst week in the last 2 months, i didn't put in a huge amount of volume after my tilt day on sunday. From Monday to Thursday i lost in total about £10, and lost about £70 on the Sunday when i was tilting. This is in stark contrast to before that when i was winning every day.

I was quite focussed last night, and had a really good time of it at 10nl, i ended up 5-6 Buyins up, which took care of a good chunk of Sunday's lossess.

During August i played the highest volume i've ever played on the site, getting about 2500 poker points. To be fair, i was probably playing a bit 2 much and not getting the enjoyment as much out of it.

In September i'm going back to playing similiar levels to what i played before August. Especially looking forward to the SPT will be a cracking weekend and will be good to meet people from the community.

• edited August 2013
    good to hear buddy you have done well over last 2 months no suprise really you have a good game keep it up.

can`t wait till next weekend will be awesome, be good to meet you  I will get the 1st round in lol.
  • edited September 2013
    Not much been happening poker wise, i'm kinda on a side way line right now lol

Not played much recently, played 1 game on Sunday night and bubbled lol It's the first time i think i've ever went out on the bubble in a while, i was trying to win, and it was an ultra cheap game so hey ho

Can't wait for the weekend! Will be a good laugh.

Won't get much play in between now and the weekend, but hopefully can get some decent games going next week.

Good luck to everyone playing, and anyone going to newcastle i'll see you at the weekend!
  • edited September 2013

Ended up playing 1 mtt 2 night!

About the only one i've played in a while, ended up 3rd. Wanted to win it, but was good to see a FT, it's been a while!

Also played Liam at some HU games best of 5 he torunced me 3-2 lol

Lookin forward to the weekend,  should be outstanding!

If you are going i'll see you there, if not good luck on the virtual tables!

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Ah got a feelin:
    Ended up playing 1 mtt 2 night! About the only one i've played in a while, ended up 3rd. Wanted to win it, but was good to see a FT, it's been a while! Also played Liam at some HU games best of 5 he torunced me 3-2 lol Lookin forward to the weekend,  should be outstanding! If you are going i'll see you there, if not good luck on the virtual tables!
    Posted by LARSON7

well played in your mtt tonight

and the hu games were fun I may have won 3-2 but think got it in bad nearly everytime lol and won

cya this weekend mate

• edited September 2013
    Tomorrow night?
    Liam messaged me but didn't then didn't reply to my message :(
  • edited September 2013
    Tomorrow night? Liam messaged me but didn't then didn't reply to my message :(
    Posted by Jac35
    you be there fri night mate?
  • edited September 2013

Hey!

Was a really good weekend down at newcastle, was good meeting everyone.

Pokerwise wasn't 2 great!

In the main I had Jac35 at my table, was good fun playing at the same table. Table was pretty quiet and there was quite a lot of limping going on, it was probably one of the best tables i could have been on 2 be fair.

Early doors i ran a stupid (pointless bluff) and done about 4/5k for no reason what so ever lol

Board was QQxxx, i was repping the queen and of course guy's just calling down with 10 Q.

Won a few smallish pots, then lost a biggish pot with pocket Aces against Jac, i 3xed, flop came down K56 Rainbow, i bet just jac called. Turn was a 9, i bet 2.1k and was raised to 5.3, i tanked for a while and called. It was either the straight or nothing. On the river i checked Paul bet 10k, and i had 2 fold. Afterwards he told me it was the straight, which is what i was first thinking on the turn, but then talked myself into the fact it was a bluff.

A bit later I had a flush on the turnon a paired board. river was a 6 and opponent donk bet for 5k, i called. Hard to get away from really, he could easily have been doing with with just a jack x hand, jj board. That left me with 15k, half the starting stack, a bit later on blinds were 200-400, guy raised to 1.2, button 3 bet to 2k (really small??) and i jamed the small blind with pocket queens. Button showed aces good game!

Apart from the first hand when i put in the stupid bluff, i didn't run that well. But really glad i got down to meet people i'm playing against all the time.

If i ever played one again, i would be a lot more patient. Found it a bit hard going from playing loads of hands an hour to hardly any 10 handed. Playing 10 handed was a bit different 2!

• edited September 2013
    Hey! Was a really good weekend down at newcastle, was good meeting everyone. Pokerwise wasn't 2 great! In the main I had Jac35 at my table, was good fun playing at the same table. Table was pretty quiet and there was quite a lot of limping going on, it was probably one of the best tables i could have been on 2 be fair. Early doors i ran a stupid (pointless bluff) and done about 4/5k for no reason what so ever lol Board was QQxxx, i was repping the queen and of course guy's just calling down with 10 Q. Won a few smallish pots, then lost a biggish pot with pocket Aces against Jac, i 3xed, flop came down K56 Rainbow, i bet just jac called. Turn was a 9, i bet 2.1k and was raised to 5.3, i tanked for a while and called. It was either the straight or nothing. On the river i checked Paul bet 10k, and i had 2 fold. Afterwards he told me it was the straight, which is what i was first thinking on the turn, but then talked myself into the fact it was a bluff. A bit later I had a flush on the turnon a paired board. river was a 6 and opponent donk bet for 5k, i called. Hard to get away from really, he could easily have been doing with with just a jack x hand, jj board. That left me with 15k, half the starting stack, a bit later on blinds were 200-400, guy raised to 1.2, button 3 bet to 2k (really small??) and i jamed the small blind with pocket queens. Button showed aces good game! Apart from the first hand when i put in the stupid bluff, i didn't run that well. But really glad i got down to meet people i'm playing against all the time. If i ever played one again, i would be a lot more patient. Found it a bit hard going from playing loads of hands an hour to hardly any 10 handed. Playing 10 handed was a bit different 2!
    Posted by LARSON7

Fair 

• edited September 2013
    Great meeting you  at the weekend pal.Also got to share a table with Jac35 and Pokey (great guy's) and McClean good table and good banter.

Run well pal
  • edited September 2013

hey Pat, really good meeting you mate! Good luck with tournies and cash, and i'll see you some monday in the DTD games to donate my chips :)

• edited September 2013