You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ah got a feelin

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 100 MTT Games - Ah got a feelin:
    In Response to Re: 100 MTT Games - Ah got a feelin : ???? what? explain
    Posted by gazza127
    lol ah had a feelin 3 7 was good
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 100 MTT Games - Ah got a feelin : lol ah had a feelin 3 7 was good
    Posted by LARSON7
    This has got to be a wind up.
  • edited August 2013
    creative use of an editor I assume - not April 1st though?
  • edited August 2013

Crushing the freeplay tables Henrik?

Can tell coz they didn't respect your raises.

;)
  • edited August 2013

lol im up to 3 k after 3 hands:D

Some guy had 100 k at 1 table haha, i tried to buy in and it said i had sufficient funds in my account:(

I need to grind my 3k

• edited August 2013
    hey Larson
    hope you MTTs are continuing well.
    just thought I might ask if you play very many timed MTT
    in recent days I have had a try on some timed MTTs as well as the odd BH and in 3/5 I have did very well and managed to get a profit of over £15 in two of them which is TBH a similar amount to what I will expect to get in the 2.30 MTT.
    what I am starting to think is knowing that with timed tournament being so short sometime it could get players to get more tight atleast they seem tighter than those in BH MTTs
  • edited August 2013
    Won another MTT tonight was a fantastic tournie, the £1.10 7:45 deepstack.

Love this tournie, my fave one on sky. Over 4 hours of fun for a quid lol
    Really happy with how I played all the way through, was chip leader 12 handed, and kept/ expanded on my stack all the way to 3 handed.

HU I was playing against fellow tpt'er flyingdawgggg. Very well played sir coming back from a shortish stack to play HU.

I made a lot of mistakes HU, was down to 5 bigs at 1 point but managed to win few hands in a row.

I had K7, Dale min raised, and i jammed expecting a fold. Pocket 8s! A good chunk of my stack away.

Couple of hands later, call raise with Kx, flop comes down x 8 A, i have nothing and try and bluff at it, leaving me severely shortstacked. Normally i'm quite tuned in at HU, maybe it's cause i've been playing for hours, a leak i'll need to fix.

Thanks to JJ for railing, and a big shout out 2 3 barrels, had some cracking banter at the table.
  • edited August 2013
    N1 Larson! Good to see youve hit a nice little heater.  Keep it going. 
  • edited August 2013
    hey Larson hope you MTTs are continuing well. just thought I might ask if you play very many timed MTT in recent days I have had a try on some timed MTTs as well as the odd BH and in 3/5 I have did very well and managed to get a profit of over £15 in two of them which is TBH a similar amount to what I will expect to get in the 2.30 MTT. what I am starting to think is knowing that with timed tournament being so short sometime it could get players to get more tight atleast they seem tighter than those in BH MTTs
    Posted by craigcu12
    Hey Craig

Funny you mention it, i played 1 for the first time today about 5ish. It was a £3 15 minute one, i late regd in just before the close of late reg so only had 10 minutes to play.

I seldom play them but my strategy, is to play pretty tight (you want to preserve chips) if you get a big hand i would just shove it, or if some1 has raised before, just go over the top of them.

The blinds get really big to the starting stack. So i find most times you are getting called. Expecially if people are sitting with a short stack, they want to gamble to get back in it again.

I would say theres not much point in bluffing in these, retaining chips is key.

Unless you have a solid read on someone that says they are not calling, say blind on blind, and you are pretty confident they are raising to a fold.

Good luck with them

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks Gaz long may it continue:D

UL in the main 2 night, i seen ur exit hand pretty sick, but you did the right thing can't do more than that,
  • edited August 2013
    Nice win Larson m8....keep it up :)
  • edited August 2013
    Tonights been pretty bad poker wise lol

Nothing big, about £12 quid down which includes, £6 mtt buy ins.

First time in about 2 weeks, have not had a positive return from poker.

The tournies, Orfie, AJ, oppo raises i call in SB, Flop AJx, i check oppo checks, turn 5 I bet am reraised, reraise again and he shoves but i'm pot stuck. Set of 5s, the river bricked.

2 other tournies busted lateish on, AQ versus pocket 10s (twice) all in pre, 10s hold both times. I couldnt win a flip tonight.
  • edited August 2013
    Played mastercash table last night after the above post.

I was playing well, apart fromone hand where i done, a good chunk of my stack, played the hand really terrible, was going to fold then called with my straight, on a runner runner (turn river) flush board. Opponent bet 3/4 pot, i min raised?? for value, said if he shoved id fold. Then as the ticker was almost at 0 i thought he could have a set/ 2 pair type hand so called. Of course it was the flush. Really disapointed with how i played this hand.

Yesterday (early hours today) was pretty bad. Confidence is down a bit, know it sounds stupid just how i feel right now. Going to take a break from playing for a good part of today, might play later on.

Good luck everyone
  • edited August 2013

Since my last post has been a really swingy time!

I've been up and down like a Yoyo.Thankfully last night i finished on a high, and my bank rolls at the highest it's ever been.

I made a few mistakes over the weekend, as well as a few bad beats.

I was playing at 4nl, and there was a guy there, who lost about £40 quid over the period of an hour constantly reloading, he then challenged me to play him at 20nl HU. The old play really bad, and challenge them to a game of HU lol He was quite abnoxious too, never really experienced that 2 much while playing poker on the site. Later on he gota bit insulting haha, thought it was pretty funny some one would act like that.

So i decided to play him because i was confident i'd win, but to be fair, i played pretty bad. His style was totally different, playing extremely nitty, not loose like on 4nl. He was quite easy to read, but i played a couple of hands badly and lost about a tenner. To be fair, the loss at 4nl was just for show, he was a reasonly strong player. Weird someone would do that, and at the end of the day he only made a tenner. I've never seen him on the site before, pretty sure he must play else where.

As well as that, i made a good profit at 4nl, donated a lot of this away on the forum game, especially  Gaz when he busted my aces with 36, on a 45x board, all in on the flop, for a 7 to hit on the river. Had aces busted another couple of times by junk. That was the downside. The positive returns came from cash 4nl and mastercash tables. There was a bit of a maniac on the table last night, who ended up shoving A4 (ace high) on straighting board, i called him with my straight.   

Mtts have not been going so good recently. I played the £1 deepie last night and went out quite early. Maniac raised, and i 3 bet with AK, he 4 bet jammed early doors, i snapped him off. He had JJ's which held. The last 4 MTTs ive not won 1 race, and atleast 2 if not 3 of those hands were AQ versus lower pairs.

My confidence was really low after Friday, it was the first losing day i've had in about 15-20 days. I know it shouldn't have but it really annoyed me, and affected my decisions. I'm just glad i'm back up where i want to be.

I'm hoping to break £500 and sometime within the next week, and overall i want to be up to £1000 in the next few months, Christmas at the latest. I'm noticing a lot of leaks, which if i can sort them out should speed up the process.

I've been playing way 2 much recently, C4P so far this month is a tenner, normally this would be a months worth of poker. Might start trying to play on specific nights, and take a break away from it at other times.

Just glad i was able to start today on a high point, instead of the starting it less than what my bankroll was on Friday night.

Really want to get to Newcastle for the SPT, it's the closest one to where i live/ will be a good experience.

I'd rather just buy in directly, but doesn't look like that's on the cards.

Not a big fan of satelites for some reason. Due to the fact it's the only way to get into SPT Newcastle, i might give a couple of the £5 ones a go and see where it takes me. I'll need to look at the best way to play these, as it is quite a different game.

• edited August 2013
    Come on Larson,
    Play in most sats is like regular tournaments but with a few tweaks.  Also in addition to a chunk of regs you will have the dreamers. Good mtt play coupled with the afore mentioned tweaks and the world of sats is your oyster. 
    Of course the SPT semi is one of the tougher ones, so practising first on the main sats is worthwhile.  Need to get a move on though. 
  • edited August 2013

lol ok i'll give a few sats ago this week, and try for new castle later on in the week/ next weekend.

The sats for the main, do you not have to play 2, £2 quid buy in, if u win that you then play in another to get qualification to the big game?

Do like the idea that Kalie mentioned, if you sat in, even a min cash is really worthwhile.

Well done on your deep run in the main last night, very nicely done!

• edited August 2013
    gl in the newcastle sats buddy, hope to see ya there
  • edited August 2013
    Do like the idea that Kalie mentioned, if you sat in, even a min cash is really worthwhile. 

Well done on your deep run in the main last night, very nicely done!
    Posted by LARSON7
    1.yes and no. regardless of how you've entered the tournament, once in it you should play exactly the same as you would normally. whether you are wanting to mincash, to ladder or playing FTW, your initial stake should be irrelevant. that being said, if you take a bad beat it is easier to deal with if you have satted in (see my running like tommyd in bbv) than if you paid it all up front.
    2.tyvm
  • edited August 2013
    wiiii
    CRAZY4EYES294501£55.49
    TheDuuudde206752£38.97
    LARSON720237.503£38.13
    38 quid from a freeroll lol

Sick last hand, i was a nit and folded 68 lol 2000 chips hes £3 ish
    watto84 Small blind 200.00 200.00 9675.00
    devonfish5 Big blind  400.00 600.00 8837.50
      Your hole cards

LARSON7 Fold     
    CRAZY4EYES Call  400.00 1000.00 18775.00
    HONEYBUSH Fold     
    watto84 Call  200.00 1200.00 9475.00
    devonfish5 Check     
    Flop

watto84 Check     
    devonfish5 Check     
    CRAZY4EYES Bet  400.00 1600.00 18375.00
    watto84 Raise  800.00 2400.00 8675.00
    devonfish5 Fold     
    CRAZY4EYES Call  400.00 2800.00 17975.00
    Turn

watto84 Bet  2800.00 5600.00 5875.00
    CRAZY4EYES Call  2800.00 8400.00 15175.00
    River

watto84 All-in  5875.00 14275.00 0.00
    CRAZY4EYES Call  5875.00 20150.00 9300.00
    watto84 Show
    • K

CRAZY4EYES Show

CRAZY4EYES Win Straight to the 9 20150.00  29450
  • edited August 2013
    Ended up 9th in DTD1, was a bit UL in my exit, QQ versus A4, board ran out with not 1 but 2 ace lol Nice hand Kalie! Enjoyed playing at the same table with you, we had a good few scraps, apart from the ace 2 hand i played terrible against you.

The first 2 DTDs, my exit hand from DTD2, the hand played itself i think, i'll post it up later on, dont think i can ever fold there.

DTD3 i could have got away from it (i think).

Was a really good fun night, and glad to get another deep run in a DTD game.

My sharkscope for MTTs is minus £29, which i am really delighted with considering when i started this it was minus over 200.
  • edited August 2013
    wp Larson you had me for about half an hour on my right, using posistion well and basically ruined my life for them 30 mins. Got a bit easier when we changed seats! WP tho and UL exit couldn't fold tho there just VUL!
  • edited August 2013
    Really glad you brought it done well played.

You are relentless! Everytime, and i was telling you it wasn't ok, but you still done it haha

Love your aggression though, i can see how you crush MTTs.

Exit hand yeah, your pot committed! Nh
  • edited August 2013
    glad to hear things going well in the tournaments Larson.
    hope it all continues.
  • edited August 2013
    glad to hear things going well in the tournaments Larson. hope it all continues.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Thanks mate, really enjoying them.

But the bad beats are worse than cash, not like you can just reload.

But nothing beats the feeling of getting a deep run/ Final Tabling.

If you ever wanna chat about them let me know. Hope cash is going well for you, i might fire by for a quick game later,
  • edited August 2013
    Today, i played a few games, mostly HU games and a few Bounty hunters, with only a few runners lol

I won a £2.20 BH, only had a 11 entrants, and also a 1 minute roulette game. Not big cashes, but still nice 2 win.

I also played in a sat for the main tonight, and managed to qualify. Only the 3rd time i have played a "main" so should be fun!

Sharkscope, my stats for sharkscope for MTTs' are now minus £5.

Really chuffed with this, because i've pretty much cleared the deficit from sharkscope for MTT's, which was always something i wanted to do but didn't know if it was possible.
  • edited August 2013
    Nice going Larson

Very impressive
  • edited August 2013
    Nice one mate.  Long may mtts continue to be profitable for you.  I'm afraid you'll have to settle for second in tonights main though ;)
  • edited August 2013
    I'll split it with you:D
  • edited August 2013
    Great work Henrik.
  • edited August 2013
    Gl in the main m8
  • edited August 2013
    £5 free bet tonight

FootballConferenceLincoln City v MacclesfieldMatch Result 13/08/2013 19:45Lincoln City @ 23/20
    FootballConferenceLuton v SalisburyMatch Result 13/08/2013 19:45Luton @ 8/15