You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    come on u sky players do it for all of us who have to play 500 bounty hunter instead of the wsop good luck all
  • edited July 2009

Nightmare City!

Went to find Will - his Table has GONE.

Probz just moved, but it could be that......

Well, after searching through the haystack of over 70 Tables, I found the needle - right next to the Media Centre. It's exactly the same Table, they've just moved from "Brasilia to "Amazon".

Phew.

Even better - Will is on 170,000.

Cruising, not even in 3rd gear yet.

I espied Joe Beevers leaving the room, & he drew his finger across his throat in the universal "I'm busto" gesture. I did not enquire further, there's a time and a place.

PS - Adam tell me Anthony Hyphen-Hyphen is on Amazon Table 7, so I'll go get his count now.

PPS - Excuse the unanswered qustions, I will get to them all in due course.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE!:
    Hi Tikay, i know your really busy being tied up with Will's current battle but could it be possible to ask james "the rail" Hartigan if we could have an update of any other players who play on sky and are in the main event, you already mentioned PHIL (snatiramas) and nick Wealthal, are Mr and Mrs Pace playing ? cheers and good luck to Will of course ! - john
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    Hi John,

I'm afraid, as I think I reported in my Blog (hint, hint, spam spam), that James Hartigan has returmed home to the UK, along with Jill & Dan, we are now operating a smaller Crew, but we'll stay here until the very end - whenever that is.

Snatiramas never played the ME. He won his Seat, took the Cash, & invested half in smaller Tourneys, & used the rest for his family. He actually flew home today.

Nick Wealthall failed to survive Day 2, so far as I know.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe Norman or Bev played the ME. Amazingly, I've not seen either of them since I've been here. Lotta peeps here.
  • edited July 2009

Looks like they are getting busy again!

That figure of 1,548 is exactly 900 off the money.

He's come a long way, but still got a way to go.
  • edited July 2009
    did u jus type hypen and then follow it with a hypen lol.

Tikay just call him brucey, it makes life much easier! (as his name is forsyth.... well one of them is)
  • edited July 2009
    also wna say, keep an eye out on James Keys, the WSOPE 2007 final tablist, is on fine form at the moment, sitting comfortably on 275k!

Brilliant seeing the young brits in Brewin and Keys doing well!
  • edited July 2009

I went looking for Anthony, & bumped into him walking along the Spectator area. That is a bad thing.

He ran Q-J into A-J on a J-J-9 Flop. Tough - nay, impossible - to get off that.

He's OUT, I'm afraid.

Still, Will, who is right by the Exit Door, now has a Railing Crew -  Anthony, Adam, James, & Will's pink-hatted mate, "Ed" I think his name is.

Will has 174,000

• edited July 2009
    Ul Ant, wp anyway!!
    174k...nice (wats the average and remaing players now, and how many bbs does he have?)
  • edited July 2009

Hi eleanor,

Yes, James Keys is a fine prospect.

James Akenhead is another, he deserved a bangle last year, & he's a nightmare to play against.

The best Live player I've seen this year is 19, & too young to be here. Watch out for a lad called Toby Lewis.
  • edited July 2009
    I went looking for Anthony, & bumped into him walking along the Spectator area. That is a bad thing. He ran Q-J into A-J on a J-J-9 Flop. Tough - nay, impossible - to get off that. He's OUT, I'm afraid. Still, Will, who is right by the Exit Door, now has a Railing Crew -  Anthony, Adam, James, & Will's pink-hatted mate, "Ed" I think his name is. Will has 174,000
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes Ed Rogers, Wills guest last year.. spurs fan, decent chap wore a pink headband last year. Please say hi from me Tikay wish i could be there railing too, but this is the next best thing!

Come on Will!
  • edited July 2009

At the Break, Will has......168,000

A very satisfactory 2 Levels, I'd say. No damage, & nice steady progress.

I could not have wished for better.

Eventually, he's gonna get in a big Pot, but for now, small-pot poker is fine & dandy.
  • edited July 2009
    Quality Wil.....nice work Tikay too

• edited July 2009
    Hi eleanor, Yes, James Keys is a fine prospect. James Akenhead is another, he deserved a bangle last year, & he's a nightmare to play against. The best Live player I've seen this year is 19, & too young to be here. Watch out for a lad called Toby Lewis.
    Posted by Tikay10
    played toby in spukt final just scary how good he is, and how much some1 can raise. wasnt even going to try and out play him much rather have it all in on the flop even 60 40 behind.

Really enjoying the updates keep it up tikay
  • edited July 2009
    Quality Wil.....nice work Tikay too
    Posted by Maggiesdad

Hi mike, hope you are well mate. This time last year eh:)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE! : Yes Ed Rogers, Wills guest last year.. spurs fan, decent chap wore a pink headband last year. Please say hi from me Tikay wish i could be there railing too, but this is the next best thing! Come on Will!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Hey Tikay,

Just checked out Will's position on WSOP site, but can't see him on there around the 168,000 mark.

Any ideas?

Keep it solid Will your moment will come
  • edited July 2009
    Ul Ant, wp anyway!! 174k...nice (wats the average and remaing players now, and how many bbs does he have?)
    Posted by eleanor60
    This was the position minutes before the end of Level 11. 1,440 remaining, average 135,000. Will had around 100 x BB at that atage.

604 players - 30% of those who returned - have exited in 2 Levels!

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE! : Hey Tikay, Just checked out Will's position on WSOP site, but can't see him on there around the 168,000 mark. Any ideas? Keep it solid Will your moment will come
    Posted by TheAAces
    He is still in, 100% guaranteed - I looked 30 seconds ago. He has bled a few chips though - he has about 130k, I'd say.

We are now on Level 12. Blinds 1,000/2,00/300. Eek, 5,700 per orbit stings a bit.

Expect the caranage-age to escalate now.

Fasten your seat-belts, this Level is gonna hurt a few.

By the way, 2nd Chip Overall is none other than the "Hit-Squad" guy I gave a mock rubdown to the other day in an Interview - it's still on the Viva Las Vegas Site & Sky Poker Channel on You-Tube - Brit Hotshot James Akenhead.
  • edited July 2009

We are 15 mins into Level 12, there are 1,386 left, & the Average is 140,000.

Here's Anyhony - - , moments after his exit. Cool gear, eh?

• edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009

Great news about James Akenhead he was so unlucky when he came 2nd in an event last year.Great Will is still sitting pretty,are there any famous names on his new table Tikay?Keep up the good work.

• edited July 2009
    Great news about James Akenhead he was so unlucky when he came 2nd in an event last year.Great Will is still sitting pretty,are there any famous names on his new table Tikay?Keep up the good work.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Oddly, he has not changed Table, his Table has moved, en bloc, a very unusual situation. They are "breaking a Room" - Brasilia - & getting everyone into Amazon.

Antonio is motoring now, & being really aggro, which is making things awkward for Will, now on 125,000. But Will will find his spot, & what will be will be.
  • edited July 2009

I'm struggling to grasp how this is playing so fast - 766 players have exited in 2.5 Levels - & the Average Stack is 75 x BB (excluding Ra's). Click pic to enlarge.

• edited July 2009

Not just a pretty face.

Kara - 300k+.

• edited July 2009
    NICE PIC KARA "I LOVE YOU X"
  • edited July 2009

With 20 minutes to the end of Level Three, & the Din-Din Break, there are 1,179 of today's 2,044 starters remaining.

This Day Three field wll have halved by the End of Level 4, at this rate. And yet the Average Stack is still about 80 x BB.

Will has dropped to about 100,000 - but that's still 50 x BB. There is no need to be pushing any panic buttons, though obviously, he'd prefer more.

Time to dig in.
  • edited July 2009
    TK GRAND JOB MATE "CHOO CHOO" GOOD LUCK WILL ! TK TELL KARA I LOVE HER !!!
  • edited July 2009

A 90 minute Dinner-Break has just commenced.

1,134 players remain in, so 910 players have departed, never to return.

We just Interviewed Will, (92,000) & he's entirely comfortable, despite having had his first bad Level of the Event. His Jacks got busted, & later, he turned a Straight only for Villain to River a House. He did well not to go busto in that coup.

He has 40 or 50 x BB, and is not at all downhearted.

He'l start afresh after Dinner, & if the cards are kind, he'll be OK.
  • edited July 2009

486 to go for the money, $21,365 payout for 577th to 648th.

I suppose Will just has to play like he has been, maybe take advantage of weaker players with middle stacks similar to his, but also needing to be careful he doesn't commit himself to calling any all-ins with marginal (rubbish) hands, it's a difficult one although as you say Tikay, he has the chips to wait for the hands.

good luck pokerb!

• edited July 2009
    486 to go for the money, $21,365 payout for 577th to 648th. I suppose Will just has to play like he has been, maybe take advantage of weaker players with middle stacks similar to his, but also needing to be careful he doesn't commit himself to calling any all-ins with marginal (rubbish) hands, it's a difficult one although as you say Tikay, he has the chips to wait for the hands. good luck pokerb!
    Posted by Kevilfish
    What you doing up at 4am Kevilfish?

It's weird, Posting in the middle of the Night (UK), when there is nobody reading or replying. Good man you!

Hopefully, the Brits will wake up to some good news at to Will's progress.
  • edited July 2009

The Dinner Break has finished, & play has re-commenced.

This will be the 4th level played today, & they will play 5 Levels in Total.

Blinds are 1,200/2,400/300, a cost of 6,300 per level.

Lets go.