You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ivano's TSP binkage variance galore

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Great stuff Ivan. Put some cracking MTT results together.

I do have two words for you though.....

Bacon Sarnie
  • edited April 2014
    i guess you've seen the film Earthlings then? If you have you'll be a veggie for life! 
  • edited April 2014
    Wtg on all the profit and reaching your target, absolutely incredible!
    I'm with you on the vegetarianism (mostly). at Christmas Mr Duck got norovirus and it's completely put him off meat. So we've become semi-vegetarians eating it about once a week.
    We've got two amazing veggy cookbooks I really recommend - VEG by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and PLENTY by Yotam Ottolenghi.
    Interested to hear your new challenge :)
  • edited April 2014
    Pretty good going to hit your target vwp

Going veggie is up to you but you seem to have made the descion on a few videos you have seen on you tube of some disturbed individuals and judged the whole industry by it. Humans have evolved as omnivours so meet will always be a part of our diet we are preditors not prey hense why you eyes both point forwards, not to the sides as animals that are eaten by others. Intresting thought if everybody suddenly became veggie tomorrow farmers would slaughter all their meat animals as they would become a cost that had no reward for them.

Each to their own but being someone who plans all there meals around what meat i have to put in it, i doubt i could ever be a veggie
  • edited April 2014
    Seeing a few videos on youtube was just what 'tipped me over the edge' to wanting to become a vegetarian and has been far from my sole reason. Humans may well have evolved to be closer to omnivores in some respects but mostly the human body resembles that of a frugivore. Fruit bats and some other primates have forward pointing eyes that are prey not predators - just because we have forward pointing eyes doesn't mean we are predators. Humans are classified as primates and thus frugivores and possess a full set of herbivorous teeth. If we were to hunt in the wild, we could not kill an animal with our bare teeth as they are not strong enough. Yes, we have some canine teeth but so do plenty of other animals that don't eat flesh.

We don't have any sort of carnivorous instinct in our body either. A cat will rise at the smell of raw fresh from a mice or bird but the thought of tearing apart a still living bird with our teeth, sucking the warm blood would make us shudder. On the other hand, a plate of grapes will make our mouth water. There's a lot more on this that could be said but basically it proves we are not naturally omnivores. And we can survive quite easily on a plant based diet. More than just survive though as a plant based diet if done correctly is far more healthy for you. Eating red meat in particular has been proven to massively increase the risk of cancer - yes, hhyfrtdrftr I used to love a bacon sarnie as much as every other meat eater. It smells amazing and tastes as good as it smells. But I know that it not only isn't good for me - but the life of that pig is surely greater than my need for some tasty food? Heck, I never tried dog when I ate meat, but if I tried it (suppose your dog if you have one?) and thought it tasted amazing then by your logic, surely the killing of your dog is worthwhile if it satisfied my hunger and taste buds?

If everyone became veggie tomorrow then yes unfortunately some animals would be slaughtered. But that happens anyway. It would be the end of suffering though for these animals in the future though. (well not completely, as the dairy industry still involves the suffering of animals) I don't disagree per say with eating meat - if farms kept animals, fed them normally and then at the end of their life killed them for meat I would be OK with eating that animal. But that's not what happens these days - far from it. Animals are raised for the sole purpose of being slaughtered. Most of them are kept in horrible conditions their entire (small life) - and a lot of animals have health problems on top of that because they are bred to be as big as possible to get the most amount of meat from them. Can you imagine being locked up and fed 24/7 until the age of 13 so that you were huge and had health problems? Knowing that soon you would be killed, with a good chance of it being in a painful way? Or if you're a woman, could you imagine being continuously raped so that you're always pregnant, and then your bo obs being used to produce milk?

I used to plan all of my meals around what meat I would put in them. I didn't really think there was any alternative as I just couldn't imagine a meal being the same without meat. But you'd be surprised if you gave it a try! Thankfully as Alicia is vegatarian (trying to become vegan) she has helped a lot with that. Every week we (I say we, she would do most of it :P ) cook something different every week. This week we have made a vegan lasagne and it really does taste amazing. I might prefer it with some cheese but the filling was delicious. Tomatoes, kidney beans, mushorroms, onion, peppers, lentils. The week before it was an awesome bean chilli. And when I went to the carvery as I said the buttnerut squash roast which was genuinely nicer than any meat up there. I used to be dead fussy with what I ate as well but over the past year and few months I've discovered so much food that I like that I wouldn't have thought about trying before.

@ coooiee: No, I've not seen Earthlings yet. Alicia has though but I do plan on seeing it at some point! (especially if I find myself craving meat) 

@ Thanks MrsDuck - That's pretty much what I'm doing atm, I may have chicken once a week or once a fortnight but I really want to stop eating it. I'm quite skinny though and close to being underweight though but ideally I will eventually find that I have enough in my diet for me to not need to eat chicken. As I said for the past 2 weeks I haven't eaten it at all. Will have to look at them cookbooks! Although mostly with the internet these days you can find good recipes on there.
  • edited April 2014
    I just had 2 steak and ale pies.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • edited April 2014
    When people say stuff like that it's often because they want to ignore the subject. It's a bit similar to a nervous laugh - making a joke about something allows you to forget about it. How is it acceptable to say I just ate 2 steak and ale pies? But to say something like "I just killed my neighbours dog and made stew out out it" would cause outrage (if it were true) 

Anyway, not going to be caught in your bait!

Back on to poker. So as I said I've now moved up to 100NL. So far it's gone quite well and am up 7BI's overall. Aiming to win the skypad races this week - or will give it a go anyway. I'm about to start a session but might post some brief hand reviews a bit later on.

Just playing 1 table of 50PLO for now as it's the only PLO running and going to play the £55BH and it got me thinking that maybe it's a good idea to always begin playing a session one level below your standard. It's not uncommon for a lot of people to find that they start a session bad and then finish well because it's hard to straight away begin a session and play your A game. So if you start lower and then if playing well you move up, this might be a good way of solving that problem.

Does anyone out there already employ this 'tactic'?
  • edited April 2014
    Without even joking, I had a mixed grill burger at O'Neills during the football. No bait ;)

I tip my hat Ivan, but there is no way I could/would want to give up meat.
  • edited April 2014
    Wtf did you 5bet me with earlier on that 50NL MC table? lol

Was an interesting spot for me and I was really torn about what line to take pre and post.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: F_Ivanovic New Challenge Ideas:
    Wtf did you 5bet me with earlier on that 50NL MC table? lol Was an interesting spot for me and I was really torn about what line to take pre and post.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Well it was a 5bet bluff :) Had Q8s. Figured you had AK so just gave up post flop when the K came down!
  • edited April 2014
    Lol well yeah I guessed it was a bluff. Put me in an awkward spot, not cos I was scared, just about how to get value.

I think there are vvv few hands you'd legitimately 5bet for value v me 200xBB deep. Fwiw, I didn't have AK, I had AA, it was awkward cos I know so often it's gonna be a bluff from you, I can't 6bet any smaller than a shove and I don't think I can shove cos you'll know I'm playing pretty honestly by this point and the only thing you might call with is KK if I'm lucky, and you fold QQ/AK but then you wouldn't be 5b/folding them in the first place.

So I feel like I have to flat but then it's like mehh I look pretty strong by flatting the 5b, and don't really know what else I can do postflop, the flop checkback is standard imo, but don't wanna just check down all the way cos I don't think you're ever gonna stab after checking 2 streets.

Meh dunno, maybe I got as much out of it as I possibly could.
  • edited April 2014
    ^^ I was going to say AK or AA but wanted to right with my first guess :P Actually I think when you called I thought it was AA, but then for some reason I changed my mind to AK when you checked flop/bet turn.

My 5bet was to what, £23-£24? I guess you could still min 6bet to something like £45. But I think I give up there anyway. I'm probably more likely to make a mistake post-flop if you just flat but I was playing pretty well (apart from maybe my decision to 5-bet bluff you!!) so I knew to shut down post-flop after you called my 5bet. 
  • edited April 2014
    congrats mr ivanovic. cash, high-stakes MTT's, NLHE, PLO, SNG's you crush em all - and in style. the franz beckenbaur of sky poker. wp

with regard to vegatarianism, i am a meat eating former vegetarian. well pescatarian. my concern was little to do with an ethical problem with eating meat and more of a concern for the economics of eating meat. meat is a very innefficiant way of getting 'stuff' into our bodies. VAST tonnes of grain support MANY animals  which in turn support a few humans. there are countries where people are going hungry and much of the available farm land is turned over to fatten cattle to sell to fat westeners. the sort of chicanary up with which the young me would not put.  i do lurrrrvwe meat though and i have mellowed and my activism is reduced to buying british produce.  we live sheltered from the horrors of meat production. willfully so in all probibility. so kudos on taking a moral stance that actually requires effort and change from within.

with regard to vegetanarianism as i said i do admire your concern for animals. what you say about speciesism is almost certainly true and i would recomend to all richard dawkins moving essays on the subject, especially in regard to how we treat our primate cousins. but vegetanarianism also produces much suffering for animals. egg production is famed for it's brutal treatment of animals. also milk production requires that cows are over-fed, restrained and kept pregnant. if we all went veggie tomorrow there would be many cows shackled, inseminated and over-fed to produce milk. the male half of their off-spring would be useless to this new veggie world.  as an aside any veggie wearing leather needs to have a word with themselves. if slaughtering animals for food is meh, then doing so so your feet look sexy is puke, innit.

but i do admire your passion and concern. that it is translated into action is a credit mate.
  • edited April 2014
    ^^ I was going to say AK or AA but wanted to right with my first guess :P Actually I think when you called I thought it was AA, but then for some reason I changed my mind to AK when you checked flop/bet turn. My 5bet was to what, £23-£24? I guess you could still min 6bet to something like £45. But I think I give up there anyway. I'm probably more likely to make a mistake post-flop if you just flat but I was playing pretty well (apart from maybe my decision to 5-bet bluff you!!) so I knew to shut down post-flop after you called my 5bet. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    6bet to £45 playing £100??????

What hand do you think you can do that with?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: F_Ivanovic New Challenge Ideas : 6bet to £45 playing £100?????? What hand do you think you can do that with?
    Posted by bolly580
    Some combos of AA and some non Axs bluff hands so stuff like 68s/57s. (which isn't too many combos because I won't be 4-betting them that often, maybe around 20% of the time at most) - Then I guess the rest of the time I just 6bet GII with  rest of my AA combos, maybe KK/AKs depending on villain and positions (here BTN vs blind so we were both wider) and then some bluffs - A4s (add/remove combos depending on how wide I think I'm being 5bet)

It's probably unusual to have a 6bet size that isn't all in but I don't think it can be bad especially considering it's a rare spot - maybe if it was more common then it might be possible to exploit such a bad 6bet size but I don't really know how.

@ Teddy: Thanks for your words! Although I don't know about SNG's, I'm pretty bad at them if the skill n go challenge is anything to go by!! Couldn't even beat the £1 ones :P

Yes, I'm aware of the economics of eating meat. Personally I'm not much of an enviormentalist. Alicia tries to be, although I think she wishes she could do more! I guess it's because I strongly believe that eventually science is going to solve most of our enviromental problems in the future. Also, one person can't make an impact anyway. Yes, if everyone had that attitude that they can't make a difference then it might have an impact but it's only a small one. Big corperations and governments are the root of the problem. Changing that is what's needed. As to your point about people are going hungry in some countries - yes, this is true too. But available farm land being used for cattle is only a small part of the problem and lack of help, education and money is a much bigger factor in that. Curious why you decided to change and not be a vegetarian anymore?

Going back to the '1 person can't make a difference' argument that I brought up before, you might ask: Well isn't that just as true for animals? Yes, and no. Suppose someone gives a pig to me and a pig to you and we're allowed to do whatever we want with it. You decide you would like to eat it and get it killed for you. I decide to keep it as a pet. I have made a difference to THAT animal. So that would be a no. However, in the grand scheme of things lots of animals only have a life because they are raised for slaughter. I'm not actually saving any animals life by not eating meat but I am saving potential animals from having a life in the first place that they wouldn't want anyway. Also, with it being a moral and ethical decision it's not something that science can just fix (like I think it can with the enivornment)

As to your second paragraph - I'm only too aware of the dairy industry being just as bad as the meat industry. That's why I'm hopefully not going to stop at just being a vegetarian. It's not easy though to suddenly have a massive diet change on something which you have lived your whole life so I'm just doing it 1 step at a time! Like I said to begin with I was still going to eat chicken but I've gradually faded that out. In general I'm also trying to eat less cheese, milk and eggs too.  Agree about leather wearing veggies - the thing is, where do we stop when it comes to "I won't do this/eat that because an animal was killed for this to be possible?" - It's virtually impossible to live a true vegan lifestyle but it's about doing as much as you can. Tyres on a bus have animal by-product in them, should you not ride a bus if you are vegan? What about painting a room? Basically a lot of things have animal by-products in that we don't even realise. But in most stuff it's like a very small %.

btw, I saw a cool video on FB before but don't know how to post it here. I managed to find the same video on youtube but unfortunately with no sub-titles. Still, you can probably get the gist of it. 

• edited April 2014
    i disagree, we can make a difference maybe not as individuals but as a group - and to think that change will happen overnight is obviously unrealisitic. Its a gradual process which you are now apart of. These small actions begin a journey towards a big shift of conciousness enmasse..

good vid btw
  • edited April 2014
    i disagree, we can make a difference maybe not as individuals but as a group - and to think that change will happen overnight is obviously unrealisitic. Its a gradual process which you are now apart of. These small actions begin a journey towards a big shift of conciousness enmasse.. good vid btw
    Posted by cooooie
    I posted a reply to this a few days ago but it timed out. I tend to see things logically and could never envision how 1 person could make a difference but I do realise now that they can. Are you a vegetarian or a vegan btw, and for how long?

So last week I set myself a challenge of winning an iPad. I didn't play much on Tuesday but put in 9 hours on Wednesday but then looked at the leaderboard and saw that I'd need to keep up that every day to stand a chance. So I gave up on that - then I was lazy and haven't played again since tonight. 

Played 3 tables of 100NL and the main + BH tonight. BH didn't go too well - had a decent steady start on a fairly soft table. Raised up with K9 and saw a flop of 965. Bet the flop, turn was a 2. Bet again and then on a river 5 decided there was enough value to shove all in. Opponent flips over 5T for rivered trips. Then against the same opponent a while later I have AJ 3 way to the flop. It comes J54 and I call a c-bet and villain calls. Turn is a 2 and c-better checks, I bet and villain calls. River is a T and villain donk ships - FD has missed and can't really see what he has other than JT so I call - he turns over A3o for the turned straight. Main I never had anything going was pretty card dead for the most part but managed to double up twice against TommyD (K5 > JJ and K9 > 88 - only just by rivering a 9) - then I got myself a decent stack and thought I could have a good go at this. Went card dead again tho and ended up shipping KJo and losing to AT. Missed out on bubble by 3 (think closest I've been to bubbling for a long while) but can't complain too much.

Cash went OK, finished £160ish up or so meaning a slight profit on the night overall. Biggest pot was a 3 way all in on the flop. I 3-bet with 63s and the flop is 664. I bet, get a call and a raise. Decide to shove and get looked up in both spots by AA and QQ. Second biggest pot was with Jc9c - I raise and get 2 callers and see a flop of 3 clubs, K high board. I c-bet, get min-r by one villain and the other doubles the bet again. Was loving my flush at the start but a bit wary now. I call tho and the shorter stacked player ships, and the original min 3-better just flats. I decide to stick him in here and I have both villains drawing dead! One has a 6 high flush the other has 2c3c. The perils of playing low suited hands looking for a flush...

Biggest losing pot was with AA. I flop a set on an AT7 two diamonds board. Bet, call. Turn is an 8 (no flush) and I barrel again and villain (a reg) raises quite large to £35 from my £9 bet. We're 200bb deep and I choose to just flat. Think raising again looks too strong and I think he's got quite a few bluffs in his range which I don't want to fold out. Was planning on raising a blank river. River is a K (no flush) and be bets really big, £65. Don't know why but I had a funny feeling he had rivered me and his bet seemed pretty polarising to a straight or air, so in the end just snapped his river bet. Only to find out he did river me with QJ!

• edited April 2014
    Nice read this, keep it up
  • edited April 2014
    So missed last nights UKOPs when I went out drinking in the afternoon and decided I was too drunk to play the main and fell asleep at half 8 anyway!! Then tonight didn't bother with rebuy main as I felt too tired/lacking my A game but wanted to play something so reg'd the £22 deepy and the £55 B/H UKOPs events. Both were going very well up until 10 minutes ago. I got AK in against 66 and lost in the deepy, then against the same player I got in AK again against his 66 and lost..again! Then to top it off when I was 4th in the B/H I picked up AA in the BB and the SB (another biggish stack) shoved all in. They have 66 and flop a 6!

Still going just about with the starting stack. No doubt I'll make it a quadruple and get knocked out by 66 a 4th time!
  • edited April 2014
    First UKOPs main played tonight... massive fail. Worst decision I've made in a game for a long while - I pick up AA, raise it up and get 2 callers. Get min-r on a KQ2 flop and I've seen them be pretty active post-flop so far. Turn is another club putting a flush out there and they overbet jam. (I don't have Ac) At first I'm confused thinking they would never shove a flush like this. Then I'm thinking they probably have 2 pr/maybe a set or a low flush and don't want to get outdrawn. I'd seen them overbet shove a few times previously though. Anyway, long story called I know it was an easy fold but for some stupid reason clicked call.

I think it's been a couple months since I made a poker decision that's left me so angry at myself. (that was against gazza in a cash game!!) - I can lose £200 in a session and play well and not care but it's just left me so tilted that I made a terrible decision here.

Poker night over, going to watch Homeland instead and calm down. May play some cash later!
  • edited April 2014
    So volume for this month is still pretty low. Hoped to win an ipad but I wasn't that fussed and as such have lacked the motivation to play a lot. Maybe my next challenge should be some points target! 

A disappointing UKOPs is part of the reason for my lack of motivation too. Played 2 mains and bust both with the 2nd one on Monday being the 2nd player out when I picked up KK and got it in against AA. Had a note that the player was loose/crazy at times so was even more happy than normal to get it in with KK. But it meant £220 down the drain!!

Played a cash session last night and was probably a bit too tired to play. Played maybe my B game mostly. Had 1 omaha and the rest were holdem - finished with a £50 profit, not too many hands of interest that I recall. Tonight played 2 tables of omaha for about an hour (50PLO) and absolutely crushed it! There was a reg there who seemed semi-on-tilt. Opening and 3-betting way more than usual and first few hands I picked up AA, KK, KK and suited high A hands so was 3/4betting him relentlessly. Then it went a bit pear shaped - I jammed AKQ6ss over his 4-bet and found myself in good shape against QJT7ds wish his suit covered but he hit a better 2 pair on me. Then I did the same with AKJTss on the other table vs him, this time he had KKxx so I was in a little worse shape but not too much and couldn't hit. The reg left after a bit and it was just 2/3 handed on 2 tables with a semi-reg and an unknown. Started off I ran badly but within 30 mins I'd gone from 50 to 250 on one table and then 50 to 180 on another. Decided to quit then - prob should have stayed cause games were good but need to really be up tomorrow morning cause Alicia has the morning off work! (I said this when I quit, yet decided to come write an update here, doh!!)

Overall tonight v pleased, played my A game for nearly all of it and finished £230ish up.
  • edited May 2014
    So not posted for 2 weeks and barely played. Had a cash session where I lost £600 or so and had a few nights playing the odd tournament where I've not cashed in any tournament.

Made me think this week about whether I do need to get a job seeing as though I struggle to handle a medium sized downswing. But every time I think about getting a job, it depresses me. Honestly if I got a job I think I'd be fine it's just I really never have the motivation to apply for anything.

Played the super roller tonight and am still in with 16 left and in 13th place with 14bb's. I was chip leader with 30 left and it went pear shaped when I couldn't fold KQ on a K7xxx board. Seemed to take forever gettng to the bubble and then I'd got past it in no time!! Fingers crossed I can get to the final table but probably likely to be out soon. Guess I'll be happy seeing as tho I had a bit of luck earlier on.
  • edited May 2014
    So not posted for 2 weeks and barely played. Had a cash session where I lost £600 or so and had a few nights playing the odd tournament where I've not cashed in any tournament. Made me think this week about whether I do need to get a job seeing as though I struggle to handle a medium sized downswing. But every time I think about getting a job, it depresses me. Honestly if I got a job I think I'd be fine it's just I really never have the motivation to apply for anything. Played the super roller tonight and am still in with 16 left and in 13th place with 14bb's. I was chip leader with 30 left and it went pear shaped when I couldn't fold KQ on a K7xxx board. Seemed to take forever gettng to the bubble and then I'd got past it in no time!! Fingers crossed I can get to the final table but probably likely to be out soon. Guess I'll be happy seeing as tho I had a bit of luck earlier on.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Theres no point in looking for a job unless you are prepared to commit to it. Will only make you more unhappy if you feel the only reason you are doing it is for the $. 

The flip side is, having a steady income will make you less stressed about downswings. I am not sure what your degree was, or whether you have any unique skills but setting up your own business is always an option and also gives you a bit more freedom on the poker front. The reality is most people work for a while to give them the skills/contacts that allow them to set up on their own. GL with whatever you decide. 

• edited May 2014
    I did a Maths degree but only got a diploma in the end. All I'm really looking for is a part time job - used to work at a supermarket and wouldn't mind doing that again but a bookies might be better if I can find a job at one - just so it gets me out of the house. And a job that isn't stressful - My current living circumstances are £155 a rent a month although I'll be leaving this place in july/august so probably won't be as cheap the next place I find. But atm I can live off £300-£400 a month. So yeah, if I got a part time job that would cover most of my living expense and poker income can be purely for saving/treats every now and again.

Thought about setting up my own business a few years ago before going to Uni but honestly have no idea where to begin and don't believe I have enough determination/hard work to make it work. 

Finished 8th in the Super Roller last night in the end for just over £600. Exit hand I 3bet TT and saw a flop of Qxx two hearts. Turn was another heart and I had the Th. I bet flop and shoved turn and opponent turned over QhJh meaning I was drawing dead! Not sure I could have got away from it. Maybe I could have just 3-bet shoved pre but overall I'm pretty happy considering I had some OK luck to even get that far. Keep getting close but no cigar so far!!
  • edited May 2014
    I did a Maths degree but only got a diploma in the end. All I'm really looking for is a part time job - used to work at a supermarket and wouldn't mind doing that again but a bookies might be better if I can find a job at one - just so it gets me out of the house. And a job that isn't stressful - My current living circumstances are £155 a rent a month although I'll be leaving this place in july/august so probably won't be as cheap the next place I find. But atm I can live off £300-£400 a month. So yeah, if I got a part time job that would cover most of my living expense and poker income can be purely for saving/treats every now and again. Thought about setting up my own business a few years ago before going to Uni but honestly have no idea where to begin and don't believe I have enough determination/hard work to make it work.  Finished 8th in the Super Roller last night in the end for just over £600. Exit hand I 3bet TT and saw a flop of Qxx two hearts. Turn was another heart and I had the Th. I bet flop and shoved turn and opponent turned over QhJh meaning I was drawing dead! Not sure I could have got away from it. Maybe I could have just 3-bet shoved pre but overall I'm pretty happy considering I had some OK luck to even get that far. Keep getting close but no cigar so far!!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

There's loads of stuff you can do with a maths degree/diploma imo. Generally the more you earn the more stressful work is, but with your living expenses being soo low (rent in london is eyewatering even for a small flat!) that does give you some flexibility on chosing what you do work wise. 

I am sure also bookies which are now open all hours during the day, will give you flexibility to work part time and fit your woking life around when sky isnt busy. The other thing with work is, and I found this is that when you come home and start to think about playing poker, you are more mentally atuned than just sitting at home all day doing nothing. GL with whatever you decide to do. 

• edited May 2014
    I tried to reply to this a while back but lost what I'd typed! Still not got a job - not that I've been looking too hard the past month. I'm expecting a job to just fall on a plate for me, which I know is not what happens mostly :/ Also with the world cup coming up I'd rather not be missing it because of work! I do agree with your last point about being more mentally tuned when you are out at work and then come home. I do find it hard to keep focus properly if I've just not left the house all day. Doesn't have to be work though - even just leaving the house for excerise helps focus the mind-set. 

The weekend just gone I went down to the Hay on Wye literature festival with Alicia and camped for the first time in a long time (previous to that it was with cubs/scouts when I was probably only 10 or 11) - I wasn't really up for going too much because it was very last minute and I hate last minute stuff but then got to thinking it might be nice - sitting out in the sun having a picnic whilst reading! Weeeellll... that might have been somewhat optimistic haha. The rain stopped any of them ideas. We travelled by train and arrived to rain. What's worse is we didn't bring any wellies with us so by the time we traipsed across the field to the camp site our feet/trainers were drenched! We then spent a good 15/20 minutes hopelessly pretending we knew what we were doing as we tried to put up our new tent from argos, only to get someone to help us in the end!! 

On the Saturday it started raining at maybe 5/6 in the morning. We'd bought wellies the previous day but I only had a jacket and no umbrella or raincoat - so we basically stayed in the tent all morning praying that the rain would slow/stop so that we could go outside and find an umbrella - ended up giving up waiting and left the tent at 2 - it didn't stop raining till 6 that evening. Went for lunch that day in a cafe and had the best meal I've had in I can't remember. Was a cashew nut roast - mushrooms, parsnips and cashews in a mushroom sauce with potatoes and veg. Veg and potatoes were cooked to perfection and the roast was amazing! Would never have even considered trying something like that a year ago. 

Got back Sunday night and decided to play the Roller as I'd missed the last couple of weeks. Started off quite well with gradual chipping up without really getting too involved in any pots. Can't remember too much of the rest of the tournament but I played really well for the most part and got to the final table as 2nd/3rd in chips. Got into a couple of interesting spots with DivsDreams and took the chip lead - but it wasn't by much and all the stacks were quite even. Got knocked out in 5th with a cooler - I let the SB limp into my BB with me holding 97 and saw a flop of J97. They bet 20k, around half pot iirc, I raised 60 and they shipped followed by my quick call - and then sigh, when they turned over J7. £1300 in the end, I really thought I'd maybe have a shot at winning it but wasn't to be. Definitely need to start playing the roller more. Have cashed 4/5 times in the past 2 months totalling almost £3k profit. Think only DivsDreams has a better record than me in the roller recently, I just need to win one now!!

Finally decided to record my poker sessions/results. Decided to back track to January as the start of a year is always a good starting point - just have January and Februrary left of Cash to do (it can be a bit tedious, but I've found ways to speed it up!!) Tournaments have pretty much been my main profit this year which is completely different than in the past when I thought cash was my bread and butter game. So far I'm up just shy of £6k in tournaments. My best month was March - with a nice 600% ROI thanks to the Primo win. If only that was this month, would have been good enough to get myself in the top 10 of the promo!! I've also made a profit every month on tournaments. Cash meanwhile I'm £1250 up.. so far. I haven't taken into account Februrary or January so I may well be more or less. I think iirc I had a horrendous couple of days early in January on Cash and winning a BH pulled me out of a hole. Last 2 months have been winning months and this month I'm £50 down on cash. 

I feel like I've not played anywhere near as much poker as I would like but there's always the danger of when I play a lot sometimes I tend to not play my best. So I'm reasonably happy so far with how this year has gone!
  • edited June 2014
    Hi F_Ivanovic, I regularly read your clinic posts and have just read your diary OP.

Your personal situation is quite similar to mine though I think I'm (about) 5 years older.

I have 2 questions;

1. How do you balance your anxiety related probems against the demoralising situations that often crop up in gambling???

(I have some solutions but they're probably not advisable)

2. I doubt that you're Russian, why do you have that screen name??? Is it because Russians are typically psychotic poker players???
  • edited June 2014
    Argh, wrote a reply and it disappeared.

To answer 1 briefly: My BRM is a lot better than it used to be. I play 50NL cash mostly and have 200BI's for that. So it's very rare these days I find myself in demoralising situations.

2. I thought it was Serbian (both the Chelsea player and tennis player are serbian) - I got the name tho from a game called footstar where you are given a players name at random and then have to train them up. My name was F Ivanovic and so when I signed up to sky I couldn't think of anything else so just used that name!
  • edited June 2014
    So the spreadsheet I've got going is falling a bit behind - not updated the last few cash and tournament sessions but will make sure I do so tomorrow! Also still got february and january results still to do.

Having dropped back down to 50NL when I had a bit of a downswing I've not rushed into getting back into 100NL, but tonight I thought I'd give it a shot. Started 2 tabling with 1 100NL and 1 50NL and had doubled up on both tables when I opened up a 100PLO game. But then had a few small losses on that game and then an all in pot which I lost. Closed the table for a minute and then re-opened - then from there out I just completely crushed the table for the next 2 hours! Finished around £540ish and on another PLO table finished on around £300. Played some of the best PLO I've played for a while on a table full of regs for the most part.

Overall just over £420 up for the night. Definitely need some sleep now though!!