You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    It would be great if one of the more prominent players from the community made it all the way or at least far into the show.  Although there are a lot of great players at the higher end I don't believe a lot of them interact with the community.  Surely part of a successful show is about characters and personalities not just performance?
    Posted by Machka
    Well lets look at that slightly differently.

Who will win this? The one who gets most votes.

And who will be doing the Voting? The players on the Site, & Posters on this Forum. That's YOU guys.

So I know if I were able to enter this, & I wanted peeps to vote for me, I'd try to raise my profile a bit, by puttting my name about on the Forum, & trying to get the community onside.

The winner will be the player who OUR PLAYERS vote for.
  • edited December 2009
    sky des, when is the next repeat of this shown?
    Posted by webby234
    He may not know - he's only the Boss!

Here you go......

TOTAL PLAYER will be repeated.....

Sunday, 10am

Sunday, 2pm

Sunday, 6pm

Tuesday, 2pm

Wednesday, 0030am

Wednesday, 6pm

Saturday, 10am.

It will also be available 24/7 on a special micro-site from sometime next week - details to follow.
  • edited December 2009
    sky des, when is the next repeat of this shown?
    Posted by webby234
    Sunday morning at 10am but it will be repeated a number of times during the week and we will also add the episode to the Total Player micro site on Tuesday.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : He may not know - he's only the Boss! Here you go...... TOTAL PLAYER will be repeated..... Sunday, 10am Sunday, 2pm Sunday, 6pm Tuesday, 2pm Wednesday, 0030am Wednesday, 6pm Saturday, 10am. It will also be available 24/7 on a special micro-site from sometime next week - details to follow.
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol, thanks Mr K - I need all the help I can get.
  • edited December 2009
    thanks tikay and des, will be sure to record it tomoro and see what all this fuss is about, very excited though
  • edited December 2009
    Well it was a cracking show, looking forward to it!! not been playing that long so it will be an experience as i think everyone is going to up their game now!!! so i am quite glad i am down in the low limit DYM's to be honest, coming up against the likes of scotty77, dohhhh, bennydip, webby etc etc could end up making me look a bit more of an idiot than usual as, but more importantly an idiot with less cash!!!

But to every one involved i wish you all the very best of luck!! and i am looking forward to it!! will certainly get the site an forum in general buzzing for the next 13 weeks!!
  • edited December 2009
    wow this sounds exciting . just got in and had a look on community. sounds fab for the lucky winners.
  • edited December 2009
    Had to sky+ this and have just watched it. Great show with some great prizes for the winner. Should make for some interesting viewing over the coming weeks. I'm certainly looking forward to it. Sky pokers version of the x factor.
  • edited December 2009
    Had to sky+ this and have just watched it. Great show with some great prizes for the winner. Should make for some interesting viewing over the coming weeks. I'm certainly looking forward to it. Sky pokers version of the x factor.
    Posted by fingers615
    Oh God I HOPE not, same C**P every year.  PLEASE SkyPoker don't dumb down to that level.
  • edited December 2009
    SOUNDS GREAT SKY, DONT FOR GET THAT I FOLDED MY POCKET ACE'S LIVE ON TV AS A TELEPHONE GUEST....ED SAID IT WAS A GREAT FOLD
  • edited December 2009
    Amazing oppurtuntiy for some, will enjoy watching this evolve over the next few weeks
  • edited December 2009
    Wow what a great show ill definately be glued over the next few weeks genius idea sky!
  • edited December 2009
    Brilliant show.  Saturday nights will never be the same. Good work sky
  • edited December 2009
    I'm gonna have a go at this over Xmas I think. Gets me away from the "festivities" (yeah, I share tikay's views on the season lol) and I can hopefully earn some money.

Pity I will only be able to watch the first half hour of the show live - my housemate is a religious MOTD fan! Thank god for Sky+
  • edited December 2009

A bunch of e-Mailed questions came into the Live Show, but we did not have time to read them, so I'll answer them below.

I am NOT a "spokesperson" for Sky Poker, or for Total Player, but I think the questions deserve answers, so I'll answer as best I can. 
  • edited December 2009

Dave1976 asked......

"Hi Rich,

Did I hear that right? The winner takes all, & everyone else goes home with nothing?

Cheers."

That's correct Dave, though I'm sure the whole Community will share in the reflected glory of the eventual winner. And we'll all have a bunch of fun along the way, as it's the Sky Poker viewers who will decide who wins.
  • edited December 2009

CashMonkey wrote......

"Hi Guys,

If all the prizes are Tournament Packages, aren't the Tournament only players going to be picked bv the Mentors? What about us cash players - will the Mentors bother looking at the Cash Games?

Thanks a lot,

CashMonkey".

No - players from ALL disciplines will be selected & judged. It's just the PRIZE that is for Tournaments. You can rest assured that the Mentors WILL be looking very closely at the Cash Games, AND the STT's, DYM's, as well as MTT's.

EVERY PLAYER, no matter what they play, has the chance to win this.
  • edited December 2009

The Flying Jock, AKA Cliff, wrote.....

"I think I heard Ed saying the Mentors had an "interest" in the winning player - what does this mean? Will this affect who the Mentors pick?"

Yes - the Mentor of the Player who wins will receive 10% of the Winnings the winner gets from his Three Tourneys.

So it WILL affect who he picks - because it's in his best interest to pick the Player who he thinks is most likely to win most. And it also means the Mentor will work very hard, & give of his own time freely, to mentor his picks.
  • edited December 2009

Otto wrote....

"What do we have to do to get on this Show? Do we have to sign up to say we'd like to be picked, or will we just get an e-Mail all of a sudden saying we're in with a shout?"

EVERY player on Sky Poker is "in with a shout". You do not have to sign up, Register, or do anything - except play!

If you play well, you have a chance. That's all you need to do. Those who play best have the best chance.
  • edited December 2009

TonyTuck wrote.....

"Ive only just joined Sky Poker - what are the chances you'll be looking at the new guys as well as the old hands? I'd love to win the prize,. but I'm afraid you'll pick the players that have been here for a long time instead".

The Mentors will be looking at ALL Players. It's not how long they have been here, it's how well they play. I imagine a LOT of new players will be on the Site, trying to win this - they ALL have the same chance to win. The best player will win, irrespective of whether they are new to the Site, or a regular.

ALL players on Sky Poker, viewers on Channel 865, & Community Members, will be able to Vote on who wins.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi tikay

Will we know if the mentors are watching please?
  • edited December 2009
    TonyTuck wrote..... "Ive only just joined Sky Poker - what are the chances you'll be looking at the new guys as well as the old hands? I'd love to win the prize,. but I'm afraid you'll pick the players that have been here for a long time instead". The Mentors will be looking at ALL Players. It's not how long they have been here, it's how well they play. I imagine a LOT of new players will be on the Site, trying to win this - they ALL have the same chance to win. The best player will win, irrespective of whether they are new to the Site, or a regular. ALL players on Sky Poker, viewers on Channel 865, & Community Members, will be able to Vote on who wins.
    Posted by Tikay10
    This bothers me a LOT about this competition, whats to stop professional players joining the site just to get a free seat to the WSOP?
  • edited December 2009
    Wow! This is going to be a really tough choice me thinks as there are some great players here! I guess from the show that potential and behaviour come into it too, but having looked at mentors and training sites etc myself then whoever wins will surely have their Xmas and birthday rolled into one!

The best of luck to everyone and I'm sure that all the community will be supporting the winner 100%. xx
  • edited December 2009
    This sounds amazing!! I will be trying my upmost to be apart of this!! gl all
  • edited December 2009
    I can imagine six players already who are always in the mix up on sky in the mtts and the cash that will be obvious candidates.

Still I'll give it a shot! I'll try to stop donking my chips in for a few weeks!

gl all
  • edited December 2009
    Hi tikay Will we know if the mentors are watching please?
    Posted by acebarry10
    No - not unless the Mentors wish it so.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : This bothers me a LOT about this competition, whats to stop professional players joining the site just to get a free seat to the WSOP?
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    The top Pros - the REAL Pros - will be sponsored by, or associated with, other Online Sites, so they won't be able to.

Unsponsored Pros will no doubt give it a whirl, & I hope they do, they'll be very welcome, the more the merrier.

But the winner will be the one who the Sky Poker Community gives the most Votes to.

So any newcomers will have to play very well to win the hearts & minds of the Voters.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : No - not unless the Mentors wish it so.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok thanks tikay
  • edited December 2009
    Wow! This is going to be a really tough choice me thinks as there are some great players here! I guess from the show that potential and behaviour come into it too, but having looked at mentors and training sites etc myself then whoever wins will surely have their Xmas and birthday rolled into one! The best of luck to everyone and I'm sure that all the community will be supporting the winner 100%. xx
    Posted by SUPERNOVA
    Good read!

If I had a Vote - & I probably don't - I'd want to select a Player who could not only play well, but who played within their bankroll, did not tilt, & had scope to improve.

So, if we applied those criteria to Rich Orford, just for example, he'd only gets one tick - "scope to improve"......;)
  • edited December 2009

A lot of players have PM'd me today, wanting to know how they can best optimise their chances.

Just play as well as you can, that's all. That's how the Mentors will find you.

I will reply to the PM's soonest (I'm a bit overwhelmed today), but that'll be my reply.

When should you "start"? Err, NOW!