You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited December 2009
    will playing omaha effect my chances of getting picked sky ling?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Hi, im new to sky poker but my boyfriend (major1962) has been teaching me as i play on here. I finished 2nd in the open on sat night and have had another final table in the past couple of weeks. My problem is, as major has been teaching me, he hasnt had a look in on tournys since i started. Thats a little unfair as he has had 4 final tables in the 4 weeks before but they wont be looked at will they? Any advice,? as i wouldnt want him to miss out on a possible mentoring tuition. If i have this thread totally correct, please comment. P.S. Ed giidings, you commented on my play in the final table on saturday, its quite difficult being shown how to play and why, in the time allowed to make a decision, so the final "all in" was premeditated if a low card came on the turn as Major thought the other player was holding 2 middle cards and i had been rivered on three hands previous.
    Posted by msnaughty
    Hi MrsNaughtyByNameButNotByNature.

I have in fact shared many Tables & convos with "major1962", please give him my best regards.

I'm afraid selection cannot be backdated - that would open several floodgates, & would just not work - but if Major Major (he was in Catch-22, you know), continues to play well, he has as much chance as any other player.

I must say he sounds a most chivalrous Gentleman, & you should take good care of him. Us young, available dudes, are far & few between.

Wish him Good Luck from me, please.
  • edited December 2009
    will playing omaha effect my chances of getting picked sky ling?
    Posted by webby234
    You can play any Format you wish, if it helps get you into the top 50 ranked by the various criteria.

Note, however, that they will not be able to show Omaha hands on the Total Player TV Show.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi is Sharkscope.com a good indicator of how good your doing or not? Thanks
    Posted by lyonsbob06
    It depends what you play. If you play Cash, definitely no, Sharkscope does not cover cash games, it just covers STT's & MTT's. From what I have seen today, it does not cover Omaha Tourneys, as a matter of interest.
  • edited December 2009
    Well done Sky! This is a huge leap forwards in my book, gosh it's going to be a hard decision! There are alot of good players here and I'll wager lots who have looked at various levels of tutoring and/or tweaking their game and looked at a few of the training sites and seen the cost (me included) so for someone this will be Xmas/birthday and then some!  I'm sure that the winner will have fantastic support from the community, and I hope there will be a few short programmes showing the winners path and also a look at some of the skills that have been tuned for those who miss out and would like to improve their game too?
    Posted by SUPERNOVA
    Hi Sharon,

It was good to meet you on Sunday in Luton!
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay, will the reduced field you talked about earlier be announced on the 2nd show this saturday eve?
    Thanks sharky
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay, will the reduced field you talked about earlier be announced on the 2nd show this saturday eve? Thanks sharky
    Posted by Sharksbite
    Hi Naomi - how are you, & Mr McDon? And the Fish Farm?

Right, the "reduced field" I referred to is later - AFTER the first 6 weeks & 6 Shows.

What will be announced THIS Saturday is Ed Giddins first 3 players.

The next Saturday - Boxing Day (the Show will be Live that day) Matt Broughton will make his first 3 picks. 

The third Saturday, David will announce his first 3.

Then........

Rinse Repeat all that for 3 more weeks.

So, only after that, & during the Boot-Camp phase, does the "reduced field" & potential "extra picks" kick in. 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi Naomi - how are you, & Mr McDon? And the Fish Farm? Right, the "reduced field" I referred to is later - AFTER the first 6 weeks & 6 Shows. What will be announced THIS Saturday is Ed Giddins first 3 players. The next Saturday - Boxing Day (the Show will be Live that day) Matt Broughton will make his first 3 picks.  The third Saturday, David will announce his first 3. Then........ Rinse Repeat all that for 3 more weeks. So, only after that, & during the Boot-Camp phase, does the "reduced field" & potential "extra picks" kick in. 
    Posted by Tikay10
     Hi Tikay thanks for clearing that up. We are all well ty and youself?...sadly the trout farm is no more...we can thank the recession for that... however more time to concentrate on poker especially some live events.
    Will look forward to watching the show saturday.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD :  Hi Tikay thanks for clearing that up. We are all well ty and youself?...sadly the trout farm is no more...we can thank the recession for that... however more time to concentrate on poker especially some live events. Will look forward to watching the show saturday.
    Posted by Sharksbite
    Ugh, sorry to hear about the Fish Farm, that's too bad.

I am fine, thank you, Naomi.
  • edited December 2009
    Do you have to enter anything to be part of this or is it a case of them just finding you ?
  • edited December 2009
    Do you have to enter anything to be part of this or is it a case of them just finding you ?
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    No, you don't need to "Enter" or Register - they will find you if you play well enough.

Good Luck Gavin.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : You can play any Format you wish, if it helps get you into the top 50 ranked by the various criteria. Note, however, that they will not be able to show Omaha hands on the Total Player TV Show.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi TK, glad omaha is being looked at after 2 final tables in my first 2 omaha mtt's and was always a joy busting ur aces hand with my 92 boat :) Shame Omaha not being shown on tele but I think best bet is to mix up the range of tournies anyway to be noticed
  • edited December 2009

POKER THE TK WAY,NOT THE AWFORD WAY,BE A WINNER THE TK WAY,NOT THE AWFUL WAY ETC ETC ETC LOL 

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi TK, glad omaha is being looked at after 2 final tables in my first 2 omaha mtt's and was always a joy busting ur aces hand with my 92 boat :)Shame Omaha not being shown on tele but I think best bet is to mix up the range of tournies anyway to be noticed
    Posted by supersmith
    What a weird coup THAT was!

You Raised it up with K-K-9-2 (so, two danglers) hoping to nick it there & then. I Re-popped with A-A-K-Q DS, & then two OTHER players CALLED ALL-IN.......!

And of course your 2 Danglers Housed up & beat the lot of us!

Nice result man, & keep it going.

It's a game of skill, I tell ya.
  • edited December 2009
    So i'm right in tikay lost a pot going inn ahead ?? behind or even involved for that matter !

omaha eh - clearly a crazy swingy game !
  • edited December 2009
    So i'm right in tikay lost a pot going inn ahead ?? behind or even involved for that matter ! omaha eh - clearly a crazy swingy game !
    Posted by Nutter5932
    When do your school holidays start, Ben?

And how was the School-Trip to wherever it was?
  • edited December 2009
    They start today actually :)

To bruge Mr Memory loss :o ! it was freezing but full of chocolate :)

back to the grind
  • edited December 2009
    instead of mentors picking 50 players then skyplayer picking the winner the skyplayer should vote first and then the mentors pick the winner out of the top 50
  • edited December 2009
    do the mentors take bribes and increases of share of winnings? :)
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by cummins
    I was wondering the same :-)

Been a lingerer and finally decided to post...Hiya Tony (bet he doesnt get my name right :-)
  • edited December 2009
      what a great idea this is .not only for the players but also an excellent buisness idea for sky..lol  .well  done to whoever thought it up.                  
  • edited December 2009
    I'm thrilled that the response to this show has been positive - I must say I'm very excited to be a mentor and have already been scouring the site looking for the Total Player. While my speciality is in cash, I've also played tons of SNGs and MTTs and will be looking for the player that I think has the best chance to become a superstar on the poker circuit regardless of what they play. A good poker player can adapt.

oh....and no, we don't take bribes.

See you every Saturday night!
  • edited December 2009
    So i'm right in tikay lost a pot going inn ahead ?? behind or even involved for that matter ! omaha eh - clearly a crazy swingy game !
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Don't be silly Ben - I always go in ahead! But keep that quiet, or everyone will latch on to the idea.

Good Luck with Total Player!
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by cummins
    I think not - behave!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I was wondering the same :-) Been a lingerer and finally decided to post...Hiya Tony (bet he doesnt get my name right :-)
    Posted by MissHoolie
    I know you from somewhere else if I'm not mistaken Miss Hoolie, yes? ;)
  • edited December 2009
      what a great idea this is .not only for the players but also an excellent buisness idea for sky..lol  .well  done to whoever thought it up.                  
    Posted by FINS
    Err, not half!

I wish I could claim even a smidgeon of credit for the idea, but I can't, though I'm pretty excited to be part of the Show, I can tell you - I think it's the best thing Channel 865 has ever done.
  • edited December 2009
    ive just had the craziest poker game of my life in the 12k bounty hunter semi final just then

had 300 chips with the blinds on 750 and 1500 and the big blind on me straight away so two rounds i was forced to go all in, won both of them had 2400 chips, chip leader on 280k chips.

guess what.

i won from 300 chips!!
  • edited December 2009
    Yes a quick question guys.

Is each mentor picking three players from a list of fifty and then mentoring them only, or can the three each mentor selects change.

The reason i ask is that i have only been active on the site for the last week and playing micro cash, so wondering if there is enough time to try and catch an eye?
  • edited December 2009
    Yes a quick question guys. Is each mentor picking three players from a list of fifty and then mentoring them only, or can the three each mentor selects change. The reason i ask is that i have only been active on the site for the last week and playing micro cash, so wondering if there is enough time to try and catch an eye?
    Posted by HoldemMike
    The Mentors can & may change some or all of their "picks", yes.

You have plenty of time to catch their eye, worry not.