You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited December 2009
    3 great pics as far as I can see, I am aware of each of them and envy the MTT game of Dantb10 who I had the pleasure of seeing in Manchester play superbly for 2nd.

There are weeks left in this and the 3 chosen will have to be sharp and on their game to stay in the running so I don't understand the bickering, hope it is all sorted now and get back to good old debate.

Huge congrats to Penguin, Dan and Cottlad

Dave
  • edited December 2009

If you want to see a repeat of Episode 2 (last night's Episode), or maybe just watch it again, I think this is the schedule of repeats for it......

Sunday, 10am

Sunday, 2pm

Sunday, 6pm

Tuesday, 2pm

Wednesday, 0030am

Wednesday, 6pm

Saturday, 10am.
  • edited December 2009
    Vey well done to Penguin7, Cottlad and DanTB10 on your selections.  It's going to be very interesting to see how you cope with the challenges the mentors will throw at you later in the programme - particularly as you will be using a Sky Poker bankroll!  I'll be covering my eyes for that bit :)

Acetenolol - do continue to make reasonable comment here or indeed on any any UK forum you might choose.  You're free to say you don't like any TV programme or promotion that Sky Poker runs, but you will step over the line if you suggest Sky Poker is operating outside of a legal or moral framework - as those are responsibilities we take very seriously here.

I would also encourage any Sky Poker player who feels we can improve Total Player going forward to post within this thread.  The Sky Poker team are not in the self congratulatory business, we are always keen to hear from our players and I'd like to think we have a good track record of listening and acting on your thoughts and suggestions where we can.

Finally, I thought the best move of the night was left unrewarded in yesterday's programme.  The Producer pulled the wooly jumpers!  GG Aisling.

Regards,

Des.
  • edited December 2009

Tikay, how many people do you employ to post on your behalf? I check on blonde to see how an associate is doing in 250k DTD and you're posting, I check on here and you're also cracking away. Not just the occasional thread either, virtually every single one! I know typewriters were two a penny back in the day (and were probably a school subject) but I refuse to believe you operate at 70wpm. Remarkable stuff.

• edited December 2009
    Legend has it that tikay is a bot...

He's our bot, that's the most important thing :)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Legend has it that tikay is a bot... He's our bot, that's the most important thing :)
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Ur telling me that he's a bot and that seriously is the best face the creators could get ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Ur telling me that he's a bot and that seriously is the best face the creators could get ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    LOL

Yes, surely the Jawas had something better for sale? Even an old R2 unit...

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Ur telling me that he's a bot and that seriously is the best face the creators could get ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    You have to remember, Phil, that it was the Spitting Image people that were employed for this task.
    In my opinion their standard of work has seriously declined.

col
  • edited December 2009

I'll get up to date on replies in the morning guys, been a bit of a long day today.

I, or my coleagues, will answer ANY or ALL questions, comments or feedback, as long as they are posed in a civil manner.

For now, I'd like to thank everyone for the warmth you've shown towards the 3 "first picks". Multiply that by 5, deduct a few, add a few more, & this is going to be as good as TKO was in Community Building I fancy. I can't wait.

Sky Des's face when the "second-stage" guys start playing with a Bankroll supplied by him will be a picture, trust me......

We'll get the thread back on track tomorrow, & thank you for the feedback already.
  • edited December 2009
    Legend has it that tikay is a bot... He's our bot, that's the most important thing :)
    Posted by Sky_Des
    ahhhhh  ! thats the reason why he sits in the deepstack for so  long and never bets,

and then goes and wins ,

bloo d y    knew he wasn't human ,

fixxxxxxxxxxxx ,

i want my money back .
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I DO have thoughts on your views but I expect that like myself the vast majority of people who have read your comments are treating them with the contempt that they deserve and ignoring you. 
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Got it in one - I haven't bothered to reply because it really isn't worth it.

What people forget is that they have the power not to get involved, or switch over if they don't like what they are reading/seeing. Not every competition is for everybody, so what's the big deal?

Sky is not forcing anyone to enter or get involved. I have chosen not to because I don't have the time to play. So if you don't like the comp why get your nickers in a twist?

1. Am I furious at Sky for offering a competition I can't enter sucessfully? Nope.
    2. Do I feel hard done by? Nope.
    3. Will I continue to play on Sky? Yes.

Well done Sky on a great comp that will provide entertainment for the players/viewers, make money for the site, and money for some players. A normal poker site does the last two only, Sky is giving the entertainment too. Added value in my opinion.

If anyone ever finds a sucessful poker site that doesn't run itself for profit and gives everything that Sky does please pm me, I would love to know if such a thing exists. 

Lastly - the comment that the show insulted the intelligence of it's audience....as a member of Mensa my intelligence wasn't insulted, in fact I laughed a lot and enjoyed watching it. It's entertainment, and I'll turn on just to watch the odd couple spar with each other. If I stop enjoying it I'll just turn over. Bit of a no brainer that one, you don't need to be a member of mensa to figure that one out surely?

Now can we just move on to finding out how the next few weeks are going to pan out and when will we know who we are railing at the WSOP? Thank you. :-)

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Got it in one - I haven't bothered to reply because it really isn't worth it. What people forget is that they have the power not to get involved, or switch over if they don't like what they are reading/seeing. Not every competition is for everybody, so what's the big deal? Sky is not forcing anyone to enter or get involved. I have chosen not to because I don't have the time to play. So if you don't like the comp why get your nickers in a twist? 1. Am I furious at Sky for offering a competition I can't enter sucessfully? Nope. 2. Do I feel hard done by? Nope. 3. Will I continue to play on Sky? Yes. Well done Sky on a great comp that will provide entertainment for the players/viewers, make money for the site, and money for some players. A normal poker site does the last two only, Sky is giving the entertainment too. Added value in my opinion. If anyone ever finds a sucessful poker site that doesn't run itself for profit and gives everything that Sky does please pm me, I would love to know if such a thing exists.  Lastly - the comment that the show insulted the intelligence of it's audience....as a member of Mensa my intelligence wasn't insulted, in fact I laughed a lot and enjoyed watching it. It's entertainment, and I'll turn on just to watch the odd couple spar with each other. If I stop enjoying it I'll just turn over. Bit of a no brainer that one, you don't need to be a member of mensa to figure that one out surely? Now can we just move on to finding out how the next few weeks are going to pan out and when will we know who we are railing at the WSOP? Thank you. :-)  
    Posted by Dingdell
    The odd couple?

Who be they?

Please, this is a serious Show.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks to all you guys with the support. Its good to see names that I have battled with over the last couple of years, but never chatted to , making nice comments.
    But I cant believe all of the negativity.

I feel I should answer a few of the more ridiculous comments, like about pro players,presenters pets etc.

I am a poorly paid part time coach driver ! I started playing about 3 years ago and had a brilliant year last year making a few bob, some of which went to pay the mortgage. This year has been a lot tougher, I had so many bad beats I almost thought it was fixed ! But the truth is that the standard of play on here is better and Ive had to up my game to survive. And i have had a few good wins over the last couple of weeks which probably is what got me noticed. I dont toady up to presenters, I have faced tikay on the tables quite a few times but that is coz he likes the same tournys as me.I also met him and a few others at nottingham and swansea last year, which were both brilliant ! Other than that Ive been a phone guest once on a saturday and been interviewed once on the club.

I dont spend much time here in the forum coz im too busy playing, and the first i knew of this TP thing was a phone call on Thursday from sky. I still dont know much about it other than from last night when one of the players on my table in the Open said I was on telly so I tuned in.

But I do want to try and move up a level so it is obviously an opportunity ! I just hope I dont have to play cash tables coz I never do.

So, yes I am lucky to have been picked but everybody has the same chance.

Surely sky should be praised not criticised for giving us all this opportunity.

Hope to meet some of you at Newcastle

• edited December 2009
    Good post Penguin. You're 100% correct that the standard on here has gone up, although that is true of internet poker in general rather than just here. I'd say it's more noticeable on SKY because it's such a small stakes site, so even now I baulk when players are clearly floating continuation bets, to take the pot off you on the turn in tenner mtt's, but that does happen now, whilst go back even 18 months that just wouldn't happen on SKY. Good luck fella.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks to all you guys with the support. Its good to see names that I have battled with over the last couple of years, but never chatted to , making nice comments. But I cant believe all of the negativity. I feel I should answer a few of the more ridiculous comments, like about pro players,presenters pets etc. I am a poorly paid part time coach driver ! I started playing about 3 years ago and had a brilliant year last year making a few bob, some of which went to pay the mortgage. This year has been a lot tougher, I had so many bad beats I almost thought it was fixed ! But the truth is that the standard of play on here is better and Ive had to up my game to survive. And i have had a few good wins over the last couple of weeks which probably is what got me noticed. I dont toady up to presenters, I have faced tikay on the tables quite a few times but that is coz he likes the same tournys as me.I also met him and a few others at nottingham and swansea last year, which were both brilliant ! Other than that Ive been a phone guest once on a saturday and been interviewed once on the club. I dont spend much time here in the forum coz im too busy playing, and the first i knew of this TP thing was a phone call on Thursday from sky. I still dont know much about it other than from last night when one of the players on my table in the Open said I was on telly so I tuned in. But I do want to try and move up a level so it is obviously an opportunity ! I just hope I dont have to play cash tables coz I never do. So, yes I am lucky to have been picked but everybody has the same chance. Surely sky should be praised not criticised for giving us all this opportunity. Hope to meet some of you at Newcastle
    Posted by penguin7
     Hi Penguin

Im sure you reconise my name, we have played together many times over the years. Dont feel you have to justify yourself to anyone. Along with yourself and massie, you are great players but you have been noticed because of that, not because you chat on the forums or play the presenters all the time. Iand many other have always rated you as one of the best MTT players on Sky and you are fully deserved of your place in TP. As the winner will be selected by the players maybe a bit of brown nosing is in order ;-). But for someone who simply plays the game instead of talkingthe game, you have done very well to be as known as you are.

Goodluck and see you soon no doubt
  • edited December 2009
    well said penguin/flash
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks to all you guys with the support. Its good to see names that I have battled with over the last couple of years, but never chatted to , making nice comments. But I cant believe all of the negativity. I feel I should answer a few of the more ridiculous comments, like about pro players,presenters pets etc. I am a poorly paid part time coach driver ! I started playing about 3 years ago and had a brilliant year last year making a few bob, some of which went to pay the mortgage. This year has been a lot tougher, I had so many bad beats I almost thought it was fixed ! But the truth is that the standard of play on here is better and Ive had to up my game to survive. And i have had a few good wins over the last couple of weeks which probably is what got me noticed. I dont toady up to presenters, I have faced tikay on the tables quite a few times but that is coz he likes the same tournys as me.I also met him and a few others at nottingham and swansea last year, which were both brilliant ! Other than that Ive been a phone guest once on a saturday and been interviewed once on the club. I dont spend much time here in the forum coz im too busy playing, and the first i knew of this TP thing was a phone call on Thursday from sky. I still dont know much about it other than from last night when one of the players on my table in the Open said I was on telly so I tuned in. But I do want to try and move up a level so it is obviously an opportunity ! I just hope I dont have to play cash tables coz I never do. So, yes I am lucky to have been picked but everybody has the same chance. Surely sky should be praised not criticised for giving us all this opportunity. Hope to meet some of you at Newcastle
    Posted by penguin7

Well said Penguin.
  • edited December 2009
    Vey well done to Penguin7, Cottlad and DanTB10 on your selections.  It's going to be very interesting to see how you cope with the challenges the mentors will throw at you later in the programme - particularly as you will be using a Sky Poker bankroll!  I'll be covering my eyes for that bit :) Acetenolol - do continue to make reasonable comment here or indeed on any any UK forum you might choose.  You're free to say you don't like any TV programme or promotion that Sky Poker runs, but you will step over the line if you suggest Sky Poker is operating outside of a legal or moral framework - as those are responsibilities we take very seriously here. I would also encourage any Sky Poker player who feels we can improve Total Player going forward to post within this thread.  The Sky Poker team are not in the self congratulatory business, we are always keen to hear from our players and I'd like to think we have a good track record of listening and acting on your thoughts and suggestions where we can. Finally, I thought the best move of the night was left unrewarded in yesterday's programme.  The Producer pulled the wooly jumpers!  GG Aisling. Regards, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Des whats your surname?
  • edited December 2009
    Des is his surname!

His first name is Sky.
  • edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009
    I thought that it was 'Iree.
  • edited December 2009
    Comedians :)

Ace, it's Des Duffy.
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by penguin7
    Nice post Tony, hope you are well

You, like Dan and Cottlad thoroughly deserve this opportunity, all the best for the next few weeks

Greg
  • edited December 2009
    Sigh, you lot never read tikay,s posts, his Des Duffness ? (oops ban for Barry;))
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by penguin7
    Tony mate congratulations i know and have played both you and dantb10 a few times you are both formidable opponents cottlad i dont believe i hav ehad the pleasure but if youre in this company well done and good luck to all three i am jealous but in a good way i would dearly love to join you but a downturn in my personal circumstances may well mean this is just bad timing but good luck to all who get picked and contrary to somes belief this will be conducted in a true honesy manner i have no doubt once again good luck  all
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : The programme itself is an insult to the intelligence of the viewers. An embarrassment and a farce.
    Posted by acetenolol
    Personaly i think the program is a great idea, and by looking at the posts most of the forum think so as well.
    Yes we all want to be picked for TP but there are only a few spaces and there are so many very good players.

Ive only been playing a short time and still learning. Why would they pick me( i wouldnt), It would be like chealsea picking a conferance player over John Terry.

You sound as tho you have been playing for a long time im sure if your are a good player they will find you but having a rant about it is not the way right way to get noticed.

Anyway cograts to dantb10, cottlad, peguin7. and all the best to all the others that get picked as well
    and well done sky for putting on the show and prizes up.

May the poker gods be with you

Hawk
  • edited December 2009
    Comedians :) Ace, it's Des Duffy.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Home address - just to save him trying to look it up?
    Could you also give details of your daily routine, when you travel alone in the car and any vunerable moments. Tnx.

Is this why Orford got a taxi home the other night.....?  Oh no - wait a minute...
  • edited December 2009
    As the Head of Poker at Sky my full name is in the public domain.  A bit like Mr Orford's car....
  • edited December 2009
    Many congrats to Penguin7 Cottlad and of course the very talented Dantb10 (Who btw looked hot in the vegas programme last night! ) gl to all