You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

1646566676870»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    very well done dan hope u do well in vegas good luck ulucky sparce and nutter
  • edited March 2010
    Well done Dan - You got my vote and I hope you go all the way. Dave
  • edited March 2010
    Congratulations Dan Good luck in Vegas mate, Unlucky Ben and David! I really feel for Ben the most, it was like his heart had been ripped out when they announced it :-( You both took it so well though! Hopefully still get through on the Sattellite route!

lJAMESl
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    well done dan hope you cash at the wsop,congrats again m8
  • edited March 2010
    First one in the thread from last night,

I'd like to say congratulations to Dan on here even if we have spent the last 24 hours within 10 feet of each other ! We all went of after and had a good chat in funky Buddha ?? wow this wasn't a place for the normal class. 

I have to honestly say I knew it was gong to be Dan all along because he comes across so well in person and when the camera's are pointing at him unlike me :). I gave my self a glimmer of hope though when quite a few told me they voted for me so I would like to thank those people from the bottom of my heart.

The reveal was absolutely cringe worthy with those lights I hated it and the fact is I don't like losing at anything full stop which will only spur me on in the future. I am 100% already over it because its better to look forward than backwards and tonight i shall play the primo and get my self into the Vegas semi.

Grabbing an hours sleep and i'll be on later :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    First one in the thread from last night, I'd like to say congratulations to Dan on here even if we have spent the last 24 hours within 10 feet of each other ! We all went of after and had a good chat in funky Buddha ?? wow this wasn't a place for the normal class.  I have to honestly say I knew it was gong to be Dan all along because he comes across so well in person and when the camera's are pointing at him unlike me :). I gave my self a glimmer of hope though when quite a few told me they voted for me so I would like to thank those people from the bottom of my heart. The reveal was absolutely cringe worthy with those lights I hated it and the fact is I don't like losing at anything full stop which will only spur me on in the future. I am 100% already over it because its better to look forward than backwards and tonight i shall play the primo and get my self into the Vegas semi. Grabbing an hours sleep and i'll be on later :)
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Much Respect Ben,

Whether it is poker, sport or buisness the people who get to the top get there by getting over many obstacles in their way. The people who get someway near to the top get over some of the obstacles.

Today you have flown over one of those obstacles.
  • edited March 2010
    Congratulations Dan. Best of luck for the future. Unlucky, Ben and Dave, however like Ed says ur all winners on the way to the top. GL
  • edited March 2010
    Hey guys, thank you for all your kind words! It really means alot!

I will post up a blog tomorrow about last night in more detail.

Just a quick word to sparce and nutter, u are both winners and awesome poker players, but more importantly i consider you really good mates!

I know you will both get out to vegas this year and join me in the main event.

p.s what a night out after the show!!! I can barely lift my head at the min!
  • edited March 2010
    congrats on the win Dan the right player won in my opinion! unlucky to sparce and nutter but im pretty sure you will both end up in vegas as your both excellent players! Dan now go over and make sure you at least cash now mate! congrats and goodluck!
  • edited March 2010
    Just like to say really well done Dan, and commiserations Nutter!

We couldnt have lost to a nicer and more deserving guy.  He is going to do great in Vegas and I have lots of confidence in him :) 

I had great time in the studio in the evening followed by a fantastic night out in London.  Will leave it to dan to write up the story! oh what a night (had some bird try to convince me her brother was Stephen Wynn, and get my number - I put my poker reading abilities to the test to figure out she was bluffing and not infact going to get us free suites in the Wynn.  I dont know if the fact that she came over to talk to us cause we were on a VIP table or the fact that she couldnt spell her surname, Wynn, which made me feel she was full of it.

Also a big thanks to the whole Sky team for making it a very enjoyable process.  Thanks to everyone behind the scenes, to the presenters, to the mentors.  Also, all the kind words from the community are much appreciated - Rock on!  The comradeship here really is something to admire and Sky deffo has something special here.

I guess all there is left to say is; in the words of Leonard Nimoy, - Live long and Prosper :)

XXX  
  • edited March 2010
    The 'reveal' was pretty tense.  I'm just glad Tuckman's bladder held out... It did hold out, right?
  • edited March 2010
    The 'reveal' was pretty tense.  I'm just glad Tuckman's bladder held out... It did hold out, right?
    Posted by Machka
    Alas, no.  The wardrobe department found some soggy jeans in the dressing room on Sunday morning...

• edited March 2010
    Those mite of been mine, cough cough!
  • edited March 2010

Some awesome Posts by the TP Final Three.

• edited March 2010
    Hey guys, thank you for all your kind words! It really means alot! I will post up a blog tomorrow about last night in more detail. Just a quick word to sparce and nutter, u are both winners and awesome poker players, but more importantly i consider you really good mates! I know you will both get out to vegas this year and join me in the main event. p.s what a night out after the show!!! I can barely lift my head at the min!
    Posted by dantb10
    That might explain why you two never turned up at DTD yesterday afternoon!
  • edited March 2010
    Wow, i completely forgot about dtd!!!

I lasted longer than last time and i didnt even turn up!!
  • edited March 2010
    only just seen result. congrats :) ul sparce and nutter. all winners
  • edited March 2010
    (no longer a sticky) but giving this thread a slight bump for anyone that still wants to read/post.
  • edited March 2010
  • edited April 2010
    Deal the button
  • edited April 2010
    watching tp for first time..are most of them learners ??? they are terrible..lol
  • edited April 2010
    watching tp for first time..are most of them learners ??? they are terrible..lol
    Posted by tramp66
    Yeah, search for them and play them, especially Sparce heads up, easy money lol,gl you may need it
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Yeah, search for them and play them, especially Sparce heads up, easy money lol,gl you may need it
    Posted by MADMOO
    lol
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks to all of you at sky poker you gave five pounds for my birthday and i have just won tonights velocity thans again ormewizard
  • edited April 2010
    hi all,
    i'm not going to talk about poker!
    i want to talk about football.
    well done fulham getting to the csemi finals of the europa league!
    i can't belive we've got this  far!
    hopefully we can go on & win it now.
  • edited October 2013
    bump for no reason at all