You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Id really like to see Dan win, I think hes a great player and comes across really well in the interviews.  Seems like a decent bloke.  Unlucky to the 3 that didnt get through.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    i remember dave tuckman saying that this week was an easy choice between nutter and dohhhh. im just curious as to why? he obviously believed dohhhh had a massive potential which was the reason for losing phil. he said phil was the better rounded player at the minute but dohhh had potential. yet this week he completely contradicted himself by saying dohhh wasnt going through because he felt he wasnt ready and needed to learn more, also saying nutter was a more rounded player again than dohhh. so why take dohhh through in the first place if this was the case, why not say that dohh wasnt ready yet last week and let 2 already top players battle it out. this is no dig at dohhhh as he will probably start ranting saying i am. but it just seems silly with daves reasons? i mean id like dave to answer this post for me. phil has proved hes got it with a 2nd place finish in primo and now a 4th place finish in spt, and he claims nutter to be the best player hes ever seen, very bold statement i have to say. why wasnt it those 2 players in the last 2 for dave? i do feel as the dohhhh was cheated because it sounded like dave had made his mind up way before tonight, if dohhhh wasnt ready but had potential last week then nothing is going to have changed by this week.
    Posted by hurst05
    Got to admit what you state is true and would love to see an explaination.dav
  • edited March 2010
    i remember dave tuckman saying that this week was an easy choice between nutter and dohhhh. im just curious as to why? he obviously believed dohhhh had a massive potential which was the reason for losing phil. he said phil was the better rounded player at the minute but dohhh had potential. yet this week he completely contradicted himself by saying dohhh wasnt going through because he felt he wasnt ready and needed to learn more, also saying nutter was a more rounded player again than dohhh. so why take dohhh through in the first place if this was the case, why not say that dohh wasnt ready yet last week and let 2 already top players battle it out. this is no dig at dohhhh as he will probably start ranting saying i am. but it just seems silly with daves reasons? i mean id like dave to answer this post for me. phil has proved hes got it with a 2nd place finish in primo and now a 4th place finish in spt, and he claims nutter to be the best player hes ever seen, very bold statement i have to say. why wasnt it those 2 players in the last 2 for dave? i do feel as the dohhhh was cheated because it sounded like dave had made his mind up way before tonight, if dohhhh wasnt ready but had potential last week then nothing is going to have changed by this week.
    Posted by hurst05
    This is a very strange thing to say.
    A week has passed and a lot of poker has been played.
    David will have access to a lot more information than we, casual bystanders, have access to. This will include hand histories and correspondence with his players.
    I'm sure that he will have based his decision on his accumulated experience throughout the TP competition.
    It is impossible to make decisions that everyone agrees with but to say that a candidate has been cheated is ludicrous.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : This is a very strange thing to say. A week has passed and a lot of poker has been played. David will have access to a lot more information than we, casual bystanders, have access to. This will include hand histories and correspondence with his players. I'm sure that he will have based his decision on his accumulated experience throughout the TP competition. It is impossible to make decisions that everyone agrees with but to say that a candidate has been cheated is ludicrous.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Hi mere i was not agreeing about the player being CHEATED part,just with his anology of PHIL12UK.I think it was a huge mistake to drop him last week as he had already proved he is a special player and his recent results as you know have been outstanding.dav
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : This is a very strange thing to say. A week has passed and a lot of poker has been played. David will have access to a lot more information than we, casual bystanders, have access to. This will include hand histories and correspondence with his players. I'm sure that he will have based his decision on his accumulated experience throughout the TP competition. It is impossible to make decisions that everyone agrees with but to say that a candidate has been cheated is ludicrous.
    Posted by MereNovice
    you take the word cheated too serious, i meant it in the context of he was unlucky yadda yadda. you have your own opinion but all im saying is why was the decision so easy? if it was really hard last week how can it be really easy this, hes basically saying in that he picked dohhh last week because of his potential but then dropped him this week because of his potential if you get what im saying. why not have picked 2 good all round players that are in their prime and have a real tough week in deciding the final guy
  • edited March 2010

Just a note to say Well done to Dan, David and Ben in getting down to the last three. Unlucky and commiserations to Wayne, Naomi and of course Doh in not getting through.

I went to my 1st SPT @ Luton and met and spoke to all the TP ers that were there and ALL five were very nice people indeed and many thanks go to especially Dan and Ben who 1st welcomed me down there.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : you take the word cheated too serious, i meant it in the context of he was unlucky yadda yadda. you have your own opinion but all im saying is why was the decision so easy? if it was really hard last week how can it be really easy this, hes basically saying in that he picked dohhh last week because of his potential but then dropped him this week because of his potential if you get what im saying. why not have picked 2 good all round players that are in their prime and have a real tough week in deciding the final guy
    Posted by hurst05
    Easily explained - The choice between PHIL & DOHHH was difficult but Nutter was already nailed on. Dohhh had to do something special this week to unseat nutter from going through and this didn't happen. Different decision to last week

(not a knock on Dohhh by the way as i think he is an awesome player who deserved to get as far as he did)
  • edited March 2010
    fair enough if thats the case, i just wanted to throw a bit of debate into the air and play devils advocate thats all :)
  • edited March 2010
    Hi guys, back from the SPT and just about recovered from a minging hangover! Was great to see you all there, and I had some great fun playing all those sit and go's with all our crazy rules and forfeits!  Apologies go to Tikay for me slapping his behind having lost a prop bet (honest that was why!). 

As for Total Player I am over the moon that I got selected, so thanks to Matt.  I have really enjoyed chatting to you over msn and hearing your advice. I really hope that I can now push through and go for that first prize, though i know it will be tough as I have two really good opponents, + i am not entirely sure how this votey thingy works!

As for Naomi I send my commiserations.  You have shown what a great player and person you are, and as I said I think you have a really strong game.  You really showed us what you can do especially with that last sit and go and that live cashing on friday night.  Also commiserations go out to wayne and dohh.  Havent really chatted to you much dohh but you have done really well and have undoubtedly improved your game loads.  As for wayne i have enjoyed our chats on msn and have learnt from this experience never to have a last longer bet with you!

A very well done to dant and nutter (luckbox cough cough).  Has been fun chatting to you guys and look forward to taking part in this next stage with you!

Take care All,

David

xxx 
  • edited March 2010
    Now it is down to the vote stage.

2 old school established Sky members and a new guy David.

Personally I have not decided whom I will vote for yet - guys lets hear why you think you should be the Total PLayer!

Dave
  • edited March 2010
    Hi guys, back from the SPT and just about recovered from a minging hangover! Was great to see you all there, and I had some great fun playing all those sit and go's with all our crazy rules and forfeits!  Apologies go to Tikay for me slapping his behind having lost a prop bet (honest that was why!).  As for Total Player I am over the moon that I got selected, so thanks to Matt.  I have really enjoyed chatting to you over msn and hearing your advice. I really hope that I can now push through and go for that first prize, though i know it will be tough as I have two really good opponents, + i am not entirely sure how this votey thingy works! As for Naomi I send my commiserations.  You have shown what a great player and person you are, and as I said I think you have a really strong game.  You really showed us what you can do especially with that last sit and go and that live cashing on friday night.  Also commiserations go out to wayne and dohh.  Havent really chatted to you much dohh but you have done really well and have undoubtedly improved your game loads.  As for wayne i have enjoyed our chats on msn and have learnt from this experience never to have a last longer bet with you! A very well done to dant and nutter (luckbox cough cough).  Has been fun chatting to you guys and look forward to taking part in this next stage with you! Take care All, David xxx 
    Posted by Sparce
    Thanks for the kind words, and Id also like to thank everyone for their support throughout this amazing Journey. It has been a great experience. The 3 remaining guys I met this weekend, and they are all really nice guys with a really superb game so good luck all and look forward to railing you all over the next 2 weeks before D day!
  • edited March 2010
    Hey guys, 

Was an unreal weekend to tell you the truth and commiserations to naomi, wayne and dohhhhh. All of which have been fantastic about it all and certainly the people who was around our group at Luton are going to wake up with hangovers ! 

I'm still slightly off now and donked out the primo with top top 3 hands in :):) ! now I can recover ;). The next 10? days are going to be a roller coaster of emotions and a lot more than that the Saturday the winner is revealed. What will be will be though as its up to the players to vote now. 

look out for future posts.
  • edited March 2010
    Evening all

Just about recovered now, I believe it was 8 bottles of moet we got through.  Just like to say what a fantastic weekend we had, a great bunch of people and its a pleasure knowing you all.  As for Total player the journey ends here, but what a top 3 we have.  All 3 are great players and now have an equal chance to take this down.  Like to thank ED for picking me in the 1st place, I believe he had a real tough decision and know he made the right one, it's onwards and upwards now.

Best of luck to Dan, Ben and David you all deserve to be there, hope to meet up with you in London.

GB
  • edited March 2010
    Evening all Just about recovered now, I believe it was 8 bottles of moet we got through.  Just like to say what a fantastic weekend we had, a great bunch of people and its a pleasure knowing you all.  As for Total player the journey ends here, but what a top 3 we have.  All 3 are great players and now have an equal chance to take this down.  Like to thank ED for picking me in the 1st place, I believe he had a real tough decision and know he made the right one, it's onwards and upwards now. Best of luck to Dan, Ben and David you all deserve to be there, hope to meet up with you in London. GB
    Posted by GliterBabe

hiya appologies for refering to you as a she on a my post on last nites tp thread as i don't know you just assumed you were female by your name Glitterbabe  dtw
  • edited March 2010
    Hi guys, im still abit tender at the minute after last nite! ( well mornin aswell i suppose as we were still up drinking and talking absolute rubbish putting the world to rights!!!lol

It was good to meet every one and put faces to the names i play with day in day out. Its funny how you build a picture up in your head of people when playing online, but when you meet them they are completely different! (well apart from mohican!! he actually duz have one!!!)

It was sooo hard to watch those results on the tv with all the fellow contestants, and i thought every one acted in a respectful manner whether they went through or went out.

Comiserations to jj and naomi, you are both class acts and super awesome poker players as well as great people.

Id like to take a minute to say that wayne was the first to congratulate me and was a true gentleman, and id like to think i would have been so gracious if it was the other way around. We had been chatting earlier and both have huge respect for each others game and to have lost to him would have been fine by me as i dont think we could be split.

After the decision we were all straight to the bar for shandy's and you would not be able to tell who had just got to the final and who was out, such was the respect between everyone.

The sit an goes were sooo much fun and my voice has completely gone! (wish the headache would!!)

I have never seen anyone get sooo lucky (benjamin) and sum 1 get sooo unlucky (sparce) in the side bets and action! ive 4got the spongebob song already! (loki???)

chirpy soon dissappeared after busting first and having to down a "cocktail?" doubt cocktail is the right word for the concoction mind!

It was the most fun ive had playing poker and would advise anyone thinking of going to one of these events to go for it, i dont know where the time goes!!!

Goodluck to ben and david in the next round and may the best man win!
  • edited March 2010

ul to the 3 that went out,

gl to the 3 in the final stage ,

the good , the bad and the ugly .

p.s. not saying who the ugly is lol !
  • edited March 2010
    What a weekend, never had some much fun with so many good people. Well done to the 3 TP's that made it to the next round and unlucky to the 3 that went out, i think it must off been really hard to seperate u guys and girl.

The sit and go's at the end off the night could be a new feature at the SPT, never wanted to stay in a tournie as much in my life after seein wot went in 2 that drink, it wo good to see Delta tryin to lose so he could get the messi drink

Sparce sorry for the awfull dealing, cnt belive how lucky Ben got, and i dint even get 10%.

Good luck to Dan, Ben and Sparce sure i will be down in London to see the winner.
  • edited March 2010
    hey guys, 

I wondered if anyone knows the repeat schedule for total player as i have yet to watch Saturdays show.
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah spot on thanks, didn't think of that !

12 tomorrow
  • edited March 2010

hi my name is patrick hickey, im new to poker and new to sky poker. i turned 18 on saturday and thought id put 5 pound on skypoker for abit of fun. 12 hours later im 70 pound up :D nice birthday present :D

• edited March 2010
    First of all my commiserations go out to the unlucky 3 sharksbite,dohhhhhhh,and glitterbabe you all must be gutted.
    Congratulations to the 3 still left in and good luck...Fin..
  • edited March 2010

And as we celebrate 100 pages of the TP Thread, Voting is now OPEN.

See HERE please.
  • edited March 2010
    Hi guys, i played a little on my TP account tonight, so thought id just give a quick write up of the resluts.

I played the Main event at 8pm, 420 runners and i went deep, finally finishing 25th. So close yet so far!!

i also played the 9pm £750 guaranteed 160 runners and finished 2 off the final table in 8th! so close again!

so 2 cashes from 2 and im happy with how the night went.

I will post up my results like in the previous rounds so people can keep track of my progress.

GL at the tables.
  • edited March 2010
    Hey guys,  Was an unreal weekend to tell you the truth and commiserations to naomi, wayne and dohhhhh. All of which have been fantastic about it all and certainly the people who was around our group at Luton are going to wake up with hangovers !  I'm still slightly off now and donked out the primo with top top 3 hands in :):) ! now I can recover ;). The next 10? days are going to be a roller coaster of emotions and a lot more than that the Saturday the winner is revealed. What will be will be though as its up to the players to vote now.  look out for future posts.
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Come on  NUTTER!!!---our voters need proof!!!---We do want sky to be represented by a NUTTER---but are you a proper NUTTER?---I have predicted your response to this post, if my prediction turns out to be right, then you are not unpredictable enough to be a proper NUTTER.

• edited March 2010
    Hi guys, played three tournaments tonight,

The £3000 double stack, where i finished 71st, so wuite a deep run. im not gonna mention the bad beat as its boring, but it was a stonker!

The spt luton freeroll i think i came about 100th.

And the tikay sleepie where i final tabled coming 10th. My exit hand was an interecsting one. im in the big blind with k5dd. its folded round to the button who raises 6bb's. sb folds and i know from this huge raise he doesnt like his hand and just wanted the blinds, so i shove for like 30bb's. he has around the same stack as me and i know he cant call..... he did with A9. gg

I stand by my play in that spot, i may post the full hand history in the strategy section o f the forum and see what every one thinks.

So another enjoyable night, ill check in with more results tomorow.
  • edited March 2010

I think you both played the hand great Dan.

Standard stuf from the button with most hands, nevermind A9s.

The shove gets loadssssss of hands to fold, and isnt THAT far behind most hands that will call....

And the call was a great call - be nice to know his reasoning but he was right....

Got it in first, adds alot of % - rekon it was pretty much a coin flip the way it was played, maybe even your a favourite there (taking into account the times he will fold)

Took a rough beat 3 handed, 2 big stacks clash, his A9, v my QQ, trip 9s binked. (Nter sat watching on the short stack laughing his head off lol) 

The guy hardly does anything, but when I left he was HU with a big lead - I sad in the chatbox - patience personified! - 2 great payers, wish I'd played more/get the chance to pay more, with sparce too.

DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    Hey guys,

Tonight i played the freeroll and came 18th i think ? I also played the double stack and busted 101 - running JJ into AA oops. I then played the Tikay Sleepstack and literally slept my way to the win. I didn't to do much to tell the truth but when i did my hands held up or won :).

I'm going to be all over the site over the next 10 days trying to lobby everyone for votes so...watch out haha. 

• edited March 2010
    Hey guys, Tonight i played the freeroll and came 18th i think ? I also played the double stack and busted 101 - running JJ into AA oops. I then played the Tikay Sleepstack and literally slept my way to the win. I didn't to do much to tell the truth but when i did my hands held up or won :). I'm going to be all over the site over the next 10 days trying to lobby everyone for votes so...watch out haha.   
    Posted by TP_Nutter

You WON the tikay Sleepstack? And Prrety Boy lJAMESl won it last week, from GliterBabe?

This is out of order. I'm having all you TP-ers BANNED from the tikay Sleepie from next week. Right?

PS - Nice one Ben, well done.
  • edited March 2010
    Hey guys, Tonight i played the freeroll and came 18th i think ? I also played the double stack and busted 101 - running JJ into AA oops. I then played the Tikay Sleepstack and literally slept my way to the win. I didn't to do much to tell the truth but when i did my hands held up or won :). I'm going to be all over the site over the next 10 days trying to lobby everyone for votes so...watch out haha.   
    Posted by TP_Nutter
    I wrote something in the chat box when i was on your table and will HONOUR what i said!

No pressure!! remember ? Very well played