You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited March 2010

Reporting in For Phase 3, evening 3.

The first 2hrs 30mins. This evening I spent with Matt on Skype and Team viewer, enabling Matt to watch my play and hear my thought processes in some key hands. I thoroughly enjoyed the session, and was great to see a different point of view in certain situations. I found the session very helpful, and only wish we could have had more of these earlier on in the TP process. I will definitely be implementing some of the advice he offered in the future. So thanks Matt great session!

I continued to play 6 Mtts this evening and ran pretty deep in the 7pm Ds. I final tabled but sadly bubbled cash.  The 1k guaranteed I also went quite deep in, and finally came out on a classic race, as with the 8pm BH.

I ended the evening with a little cash and made a small profit here.

The TP experience so far has been fantastic and whatever happens Saturday evening I will carry this experience forward for the future.

I didn’t have any amazing results in this stage of the TP; however I did win 2 Mtts in stage 1 and 2.     But that’s the nature of Mtts, the variances are huge.

Results

7:00pm Deep Stack                         10th      

7:30pm £400 BH                                39/57    

8:00pm 12k BH                                  312/699

8:30pm £250 Guar.                          58/63

9:00pm £1K Guar.                            53/342

10:00pm Velocity                             175/203

End BR                  £890.68

Loss                       £32.00

Wishing everyone the best of luck on Saturday.  Really looking forward to meeting everyone at Luton, and again Thanks for all the kind words this eveningJ

Good night all!

TP_Sharksb.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Reporting in For Phase 3, evening 3. The first 2hrs 30mins. This evening I spent with Matt on Skype and Team viewer, enabling Matt to watch my play and hear my thought processes in some key hands. I thoroughly enjoyed the session, and was great to see a different point of view in certain situations. I found the session very helpful, and only wish we could have had more of these earlier on in the TP process.
    Good job tonight Nao - I seriously enjoyed the session, and can't believe how the time flew. Definitely a shame we couldn't do more of this during the TP process!

Though it was a short session, it was great that we had a few instances where we could really pick apart some of the thought processes behind your plays, and I'm glad I was able to offer some new POV. Definitely UL with some of the spots, but really solid throughout. How on Earth I get to the final decision I still don't know!

Enjoy Luton, and stay positive for the next stage.

Well done again ^__^

Matt
  • edited March 2010
    Good Morning all

I really wished that phase 3 finished yesterday, I ran about as good as a 3 legged horse jumping fences tonight.. SIGH

I wont bore you with the details but managed to run QQ into AA twice short stacked and had AA beaten up by QQ river Q gg.

The 12k BH was going really well,  chipping away and getting myself into a good position until, a 3 6 8 flop me BB with 36 and chip daddy small blind 8 9.  All the chips went in 14k and closed EYES A turn...... A river... gg me 97th...

This competition has been fantastic and a true test and judge of character for everyone involved, I've played pretty decent poker and  my main achievements were running pretty deep into most of the Main events.  Just when you need that little piece of luck for the best hand to win, sometimes it's not meant to be.

Tonight's results

19.30     £400 BH     £11      27/47
    20.00     £12kBH      £22      93/699          £9.38
    20.30     1k BH          £11      18/122          £6.10
    20.45     £500BH      £5.50   67/120          £1.88
    21.00     1k GT           £5.50   127/342
    21.30     £1500 BH   £11       26/210         £12.57
    22.00     1k Vel          £5.50   52/205

Ed's Challenge

1 Final Table
    3 Top 10% of Field
    5 Cashes

My Results

2 Final Tables
    7 Top 10% of Field
    6 Cashes

Overall this competition has proved I can dance with the best players on the site, my cash game speaks for itself and my strength's throughout phase 1-3 were Deepstack tournaments.

It really only leaves me to say thank you to everyone who has been involved with Total Player, the players, the community, the staff at sky, the 17 other TPer's and of course Mr Ed who selected me in the 1st place.

The best of luck to everyone on Saturday, see you all in Luton Friday night, may the best man get through Good luck Dan.

Good night

GB
  • edited March 2010
    Hi all, checking in for what could be the last time as a total player!

Tonight was a very good night for me, i felt i played a nice patient game and picked my spots well in the later stages of the tournaments.

I played 7 tournaments (maybe 8?) and cashed in 4. I also bubbled the final table of the 7pm £150 guaranteed that didnt pay, which i was abit disappointed at at the time.

Never really got going in the main event, no decent spots and ended up blinding down to 9bb and getting it in with 66 against 99 so no complaints.

I ran pretty deep in the £1000 guarantee but fell short of the cash.

I cashed deep in the £1500 bounty hunter and also in the £800 bounty hunter.

I final tabled the £400 bounty hunter finishing 6th, and also final tabled the £1000 bounty hunter where i came fourth.

I have put everything i have into this final night and thats all i can do.

So the numbers are:

£150 guaranteed - 7 / 39

£1000 guaranteed  77 / 342

12k Bounty hunter  452 / 699

£1500 Bounty hunter 21 / 210 - cashed, top 10%

£800 Bounty Hunter 11 / 120 - cashed, top 10%

£400 Bounty Hunter 6 / 57 - cashed, final tabled

£1000 Bounty Hunter 4 / 120 - cashed, top 10%, and final tabled. (finished second in this last night)

So the challenge in this stage from Ed was:

1 final table
    3 top 10% finishes
    5 cashes.

My results were:

4 final tables
    6 top 10 % finishes
    8 cashes.

Good luck to every one on saturday, im soooo not looking forward to it!!

Cant wait for luton though, look forward to seeing you all there and having a well earned drink!

GG, GL

Dan

• edited March 2010
    Hey guys,

Thought i would post :)

Tonight was pretty horrid to tell you the truth but i kept going as i knew i had to. If i were on my own account i would have stopped and never returned to poker ! :).

I think i played 13 tournaments and cashed in...0 ? Don't get jealous ! Honestly i'm so disapointed as phase 3 has been awful for me. I have enjoyed it in a sick way though and i wish dohhhh luck on saturday.

-350 over the 3 nights
  • edited March 2010
    Ran atrociusly tonight, espec in all the deep events, though i did do well in some of the smaller ones, managing a 1st place and 2nd (though matt had left by this time) d'oh!!!!  Was great fun playing and chatting with him, though sometimes it made it hard to concentrate and I found myself going into autopilot.  As i played a lot of tables and was chatting to him at the same time I think I missed a few results.  But these are the bulk of them.

No stories to be told for tonight as need a good night sleep so I can bosch the sng and luton tomorrow!

250bh  1/32
    200gt   2/71
    300gtd 8/41
    £400 BH £11   4/57
    t handed deep stack £5.50   19/34
    £150     £5.50     31/39
    £12k BH £22     455/699
    £500 BH £5.75 54/120
    £1000  £5.50   57/342 
    1500bh £11  112/210
    £1000 Vel £5.50  86/205

My bankroll for tonight finished on £1720- so up +£65 for the night, and £155 up from these 3 nights.  I would like to point out this is all from Mtts.

I would like to thank Matt for his help tonight along with all the railers and people i chatted to through the course of the evening.  It makes it a lot more fun chatting to you lot.

I would like to wish everyone the best of luck for Saturday.  Been really great chatting to you all on msn, and its great to be involved in this community a lot more.  Look forward to seeing you all in Luton.

David

XXX

• edited March 2010
    Anyone seen Dohhhhhh ?
    Posted by TP_Nutter
    dohhh was really tired i think and just wanted an early one.
  • edited March 2010
    Just goes to show with Phil out sky poker is all about the favs and not about poker.  Shame on you all
  • edited March 2010
    Just goes to show with Phil out sky poker is all about the favs and not about poker.  Shame on you all
    Posted by Archangel
    That's a very strange comment. Phil is an extremely popular player on SkyPoker (and rightly so). Therefore, if anything, the Total Player process has shown that popularity (or favouritism) has had nothing to do with the selection process.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD :   the Total Player process has shown that popularity (or favouritism) has had nothing to do with the selection process.
    Posted by MereNovice

haha,, you make me laugh :P
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by Archangel
    Do you ever have anything nice to say? Each time you post it is always a negative, an attack on the site or someone personally, if i was as against something as much as you seem to be this site and it's users i simply would stop using it !

If it was about community favs then phil would have cruised through, but he didn't. Are you saying the people left have no merit to be there? DAntb who cashed in the WSOP? Sparce one of the highest stake players on the site? Nutter who is one of if not the best STT players on the site? no your right no credentials at all lol

(PS apologies to any TP'ers whose poker biog i haven't listed here lol)
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by Archangel
    What on earth are you on about, you moron?
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by Archangel
    W t f you are making no sense,old saying "better to be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" hope this helps with your future thought processes 
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by Archangel
       skypoker dating agency

hi archangel,

following your recent posts,

we have found a perfect partner for you ,

please go directly to the thread in area 51 called :

fix the RNG

stevepeps is waiting for you there,

enjoy your life together in the twilight zone .

kind regards 
                                                                           cupid 

• edited March 2010
    Good luck to everyone tonight! 
    BTW, Mat Broughton is the best mentor obviously :)
  • ckdckd
    edited March 2010

i think it all a joke how can you have total players when rich is not a mentor

i would liketo go on your team rich ithink you would have the winner

m money is on dohh an nutter
  • edited March 2010
    watching that SnG is like watching paint dry
  • edited March 2010
    Hey TP_DoHHHHHHH...how'd ya do with the bet on Huddersfield vs Bradford  an where's my share ;) GL mate 

• edited March 2010
    Well done to Sparce, Nutter and Dan.

Commiserations to Naomi, Doh and Glitter.

I can honestly say I would have voted for Naomi in the final vote. Now I don't know who to vote for!
  • edited March 2010
    Well done to Sparce, Nutter and Dan. Commiserations to Naomi, Doh and Glitter.  I can honestly say I would have voted for Naomi in the final vote. Now I don't know who to vote for!
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Must agree im shocked naomi is out.dav
  • edited March 2010

It's been fun guys, eventful journey, after being nominated on week 2 and getting dropped, to being dropped on the final 6. What happened in-between was wicked. Best of luck to the final 3. 

Maybe write a detailed blog about my tp experience - but i'll keep it brief on here - as the credit and focus should be on the best 3 players on sky poker, nutter, Dan and Sparce, very well played guys - enjoy the next few weeks.

DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    i think dantb10 will win the whole thing, hes been to vegas shown he can mix it up in the big tournies there. i think 1st dantb10 2nd sparce 3rd nutter
  • edited March 2010
    Hurstyyyyyyy - I'm sureeeeeeeeeeeeee u just predicted Dan to go out tonight ......... now u think he will win? hmm

I think we got the best stt player, the best mtt player, and the best cash player - but who has the all round game? - Fascinating stuff-I hope Tuck wins the comp - great mentor - and great knowledge of the game - stay with sky !!!

DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    Hurstyyyyyyy - I'm sureeeeeeeeeeeeee u just predicted Dan to go out tonight ......... now u think he will win? hmm I think we got the best stt player, the best mtt player, and the best cash player - but who has the all round game? - Fascinating stuff-I hope Tuck wins the comp - great mentor - and great knowledge of the game - stay with sky !!! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    true but that was 50/50 call both very good and very solid i thought gliterbabe may just edge it, if gliterbabe had gone through id say he would win, the best 2 left in IMO so i was saying either one depending who went out. problem?
  • edited March 2010
    watching that SnG is like watching paint dry
    Posted by hurst05
    agreed. it would have been quicker to show the whole thing. It really was a case of trying to fill up time.

Could easily have had an hour (or two) of master cash.

• edited March 2010
    i remember dave tuckman saying that this week was an easy choice between nutter and dohhhh. im just curious as to why? he obviously believed dohhhh had a massive potential which was the reason for losing phil. he said phil was the better rounded player at the minute but dohhh had potential. yet this week he completely contradicted himself by saying dohhh wasnt going through because he felt he wasnt ready and needed to learn more, also saying nutter was a more rounded player again than dohhh. so why take dohhh through in the first place if this was the case, why not say that dohh wasnt ready yet last week and let 2 already top players battle it out. this is no dig at dohhhh as he will probably start ranting saying i am. but it just seems silly with daves reasons? i mean id like dave to answer this post for me. phil has proved hes got it with a 2nd place finish in primo and now a 4th place finish in spt, and he claims nutter to be the best player hes ever seen, very bold statement i have to say. why wasnt it those 2 players in the last 2 for dave? i do feel as the dohhhh was cheated because it sounded like dave had made his mind up way before tonight, if dohhhh wasnt ready but had potential last week then nothing is going to have changed by this week.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : true but that was 50/50 call both very good and very solid i thought gliterbabe may just edge it, if gliterbabe had gone through id say he would win, the best 2 left in IMO so i was saying either one depending who went out. problem?
    Posted by hurst05
    Noooo no problem I was just confused. I think me and Phil both thought at the start of phase 2, that we were fighting for second place. I spoke to Phil before the week started, and we agreed that to other-throw Ben we would have to do something special (win a main event) - Which I came close to on Wednesday coming 11th.

If David had his winner in mind at the start of the week, this is understandable, but I had / and Phil would have had, 15 hours of poker to try and change his mind. (14 hours taking into account connection problems ;)

I played 8 heads up games against Ben, and won 4 lost 4. I came 11th out of 440 in a main event, and Ben came 22nd in the same one. Other than those 2 stats, we both had a disappointing week in the MTT's.

So the gap between us at the start of the week, hadn't been narrowed, as we had almost identical results. Therefore the decision was going to be the same.

Just grateful I was given the chance (extra 15 hours) to try and bridge the gap.

Tuck's a good guy - it would be beneficial for everyone who plays poker on sky if he stays with the site, and hopefully does some master-cash/cash unlimited shows.

DOHH

• edited March 2010
    well done guys . unlucky to the 3 that went out. im soooooooo dissapointed sharky went .very gl to the 3 guys left i wish you all the luck in the world. xxx
  • edited March 2010
    Missed the show last night, congratulations to the 3 who are left in, gutted for the 3 of you who missed out especially glitterbabe really thoguht he would go through.
  • edited March 2010
    Hey Browndog it's me the guy who knows nothing about anything. I guess the blind squirrel found the nut!  What did I say last week re Nutter and Sparce and shock I was right, need I say more.

Three outstanding players left in, it will be close, but for me Nutter wins it as Dan will qualify elsewhere as he did again last year. Sky should also send Sparce to Vegas to play the cash tables, that would be great to see.

I look forward to your over heated reply Browndog.