You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Ive voted, Ive really enjoyed the total player shows, and watching/playing the guys since I left, I think towards the end, I stopped enjoying it, and started to feel it, in fact one night, I was actually dreading it. This resulted in abit of a down-swing on my personal account, not results wise, but I lost the love and passion for the game. It didnt take too long to come back though :) Maybe a year too soon for me. In fact definitely a year too soon for me, Im nowhere near as complete as the top 3, which in a way makes me happy, as I believe I have so much further to go, and will get there, eventually. But I've realllyyyyy enjoyed the shows and all the TP talk - you really get to know the guys, and will be looking forward to the result next week :) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I can totally understand where ya comin from wen ya say ya were dreadin it at times, i imagine ya were over thinkin decisions knowing that your every move was there to be scrutinized and picked apart. I bet it was hard to play ya own game, its hard to remember it was exactly that ( your game) that got ya there in the first place. Anyway, fair play for gettin as far as ya did, im sure ya learnt from it all. GOOD lUCK at the tables mate.!!!
  • edited March 2010
    Sunday night results Tournies: Played a few tournies tonight.  Think I came 70th ish primo where I busted out my AK vs AQ. I also played some  real  tournaments.  The stars $215 750k guaranteed - 4594 runners. I finished 163rd. And the Ipoker Sunday mil $535 1498 runners - I came 63rd.  These have tough fields, have a large starting stacks and a slow clock - just like the wsop.  I am very happy with my results and this shows the strength of my tourney game atm, running deep in these two tough tournies :)  its only going to get better in  the next couple of months. XXX ps. thanks ling for railing! 
    Posted by Sparce
    WELL DONE mate, those tourny's have some HUGE fields and to go that deep are great results. your obviously well on top of ya game at the moment.. Keep it up... GOOD LUCK at the tables, though it dont seem like ya need it....LOL.!
  • edited March 2010
    cheers txspat.

Yeah its been such a tough competition. I personally have put in over 60 odd hours with playing and writing blogs and updates ect... and there is still 2 days to go!

I have loved every single minute of it though and it has taught me a great deal about my game and how to adapt to being a 'target' as everyone is trying to bluff you and outplay you every hand. It has been great to work with ed and the other tpers as you cant help but learn from their advice and by just watching them play and discussing hands.

I can honestly say that i could not have give any more than i have in this competition, and for that reason i have no regrets whatever the result this coming saturday as i have tried my upmost and have left everything at the table.

Good luck to ben and sparce for saturday, you are both great players and its a privilegde to be mentioned in the same breath.

Dan
  • edited March 2010
    Another thanks for Txspats words :)
    Good luck to ben and sparce for saturday, you are both great players and its a privilegde to be mentioned in the same breath. Dan
    Posted by dantb10
    What you said! ditto!  I am reminded of the last scene in the 300 when Leonidas and one of his soldiers are whispering their last breath:

"Sir, Its an Honour to die with you" - Leonidis: "and its been a honour to live with you".  

Gerrard Buttler's the MAN!!! 

The pleasure has been all mine dan! Good luck to you and ben on sat.

XXX
  • edited March 2010
    I haven't voted yet so I'm still open to cash bribes, gifts, etc..etc
  • edited March 2010
    Another thanks for Txspats words :) In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : What you said! ditto!  I am reminded of the last scene in the 300 when Leonidas and one of his soldiers are whispering their last breath: "Sir, Its an Honour to die with you" - Leonidis: "and its been a honour to live with you".   Gerrard Buttler's the MAN!!!  The pleasure has been all mine dan! Good luck to you and ben on sat. XXX
    Posted by Sparce
         I'm not crying honest, just bit my cheek. You 3 guys are all abviously extremely skilled players and have given your all and made personal sacrifices along the way to get this far.From what i've seen and read over the past few weeks you're all luverly fellas as well. I've made my vote for what it's worth, however i'll be proud to support whoever goes through as you've all proven to be worthy winners.
         The very best of luck to you all and give them hell you Spartans !

• edited March 2010
    AWOO AWOO AWOO!
  • edited March 2010
    Hi guys,

Just to let you know some special messages for the TOTAL PLAYER's in tonight's Primo Final. Find out who Jesse May, Nik Persaud and Ian Frazer are voting for!
  • edited March 2010
    Hi guys, Just to let you know some special messages for the TOTAL PLAYER's in tonight's Primo Final. Find out who Jesse May, Nik Persaud and Ian Frazer are voting for!
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Probably one vote for each player IMHO. That will keep everything 'level' for the time being. But I carnt be sure so will watch and find out later......
  • edited March 2010
    19. The winner will be selected following an online vote where each Sky Poker player will be eligible to cast one vote.

the above is from total player T&C,  does a SKY POKER PLAYER mean any who joins sky poker via FB with the only intention of casting a vote for somone they have never heard of or does it mean what it says???
  • edited March 2010
    the final selection process is nonsense imo, although i believe ive chosen the best out of the 3 from my point of view alot of people will have signed up to vote for their mate. the player should be selected through a series of games to prove who is the best not who is the most popular. if you say anything to people that they dont agree with your basically out of the running as people wont like you and wont vote for you.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Good answer - isn't amazing the number of people who go out on the bubble in a sat with aa v kk cl v cl and the guy/girl sat with .5bb left gets through.  Seen this so many times so funny.
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    It has happened to me! 4*BB raise in front of me and I shoved with KK. He turned over AA and I missed out on qualification.
  • edited March 2010
    the final selection process is nonsense imo, although i believe ive chosen the best out of the 3 from my point of view alot of people will have signed up to vote for their mate. the player should be selected through a series of games to prove who is the best not who is the most popular. if you say anything to people that they dont agree with your basically out of the running as people wont like you and wont vote for you.
    Posted by hurst05

I voted for sparce because I heard on the grape vine that he fancies Sean Bean. And Sean is well cool imo!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : It has happened to me! 4*BB raise in front of me and I shoved with KK. He turned over AA and I missed out on qualification.
    Posted by Seagull158
    i was in a sat a few  months ago it was one of these monthly millions things the seat was worth i think sumit like 500 quid, any way we was on the bubble and the guy utg couldnt even cover his next BB+ante anyway there were these to other players sitting next to each other who were both well over 50 BBs, they had history playing back at eachother, any way it goes raise reraise jam call kk vs 74 preflop busts on bubble, crazy lol
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I voted for sparce because I heard on the grape vine that he fancies Sean Bean. And Sean is well cool imo!
    Posted by beaneh
    Sean Bean is the MAN! 
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Sean Bean is the MAN! 
    Posted by Sparce

Such a dashing legend in Sharpe!!!!

Luv it.
  • edited March 2010
    see what you can do............O2!

His voice is awesome!
  • edited March 2010
    see what you can do............O2! His voice is awesome!
    Posted by TP_Dantb

lol
  • edited March 2010
    Well thats it!!

Over 76 hours ive put into this competition! It has been a truly awesome experience and i never thought i would make the final 3.

All the tp candidates were awesome players and it was a priviledge to do battle with you all.

No matter what the outcome saturday, i can honestly say i could not give anymore than i have, and so i have no regrets whatever the outcome.

Ben and david i wish u all the best for saturday (whos bringing the alcohol??)

A big thankyou to all the railers, all the well wishers and all the people that took the time out to vote for a winner.

Hope to see you all at the tables very soon.

Its been emotional!
  • edited March 2010
    Am I the only one who can't wait till Saturday?!?
  • edited March 2010
    Am I the only one who can't wait till Saturday?!?
    Posted by DAVID_T
    go to sleep you insomniac!!!
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    Good Luck to you all for tomorrow, Will be a great show, cant imagine how you all must be feeling.
     You all deserve to win so best of luck :)
  • edited March 2010

What an amazing journey this has been, & whatever way you look at it, it's unearthed a whole bunch of good players & good people. Not just the final three, but many, many more, who, despite their disappointment, through their tears almost, are still railing the Final three.

And above all, such dignity, such class, such spirit. It's been a tough journey, but when the going gets tough, that's the real test. They are all winners, & it's bought us closer to so many of them. They'll always be our heroes, the first ever squad of Sky Poker Total Players.

I did not Vote for any of them. How could I? - I became friends with every one of them. We wrote to each other, every week, before & after each "selection" Show. I wanted them all to win. And, whatever the Vote says, they did.
  • edited March 2010

Evening all

Would just like to say the very best of British luck to Dan, Ben and David.  You have all shown what great players and people you are.  Such a shame there can only be 1 winner as all 3 would have done well in the wsop...

Good luck guys..

GB

• edited March 2010
    under the gun with tikay
  • edited March 2010
    Evening all Would just like to say the very best of irish luck to Dan, Ben and David.  You have all shown what great players and people you are.  Such a shame there can only be 1 winner as all 3 would have done well in the wsop... Good luck guys.. GB
    Posted by GliterBabe
    cheers glitterbabe for typin it in couldnt have said it better
  • edited March 2010
    the poker review with tikay and the crew or take it a bit american saturday night (poker)  live with tikay
  • edited March 2010
    Daniel, Benjamin and David - Good luck to all of you tonight, there can only be 1 winner but all three of you have done amazing to reach this stage and you have shown what great talent we have here on Sky Poker!!
  • edited March 2010
    Hey Gl Ben, David and Dan...  You are all great players and deserve this shot to win a few cool million. No Matter what happens just know I Love you all equally!

:D