You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited March 2010
    dear me, that hurt me so much just reading that, just write things properly instead of pretending your part of a police force, i am still hurting!!
  • edited March 2010
    i think jimi floyd has no comeback to that!!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Fair dos James,anyone who looks through browndogs history will see what im getting at plus he retracts his opinions after your PM in a post where people get at Tikay.Alot the higher stakes cash players (not all) seem to jump to the defence of each other(Hence Cowgomoo Jumping in and getting clever).Its not the highrollers against the world. I want us all to get on have a bit of banter still but since Total Player seems like alot of these players i've mentioned who didn't post up until then(wonder why)all of a sudden think by bombarding posts with there little click means that there right all the time.I've seen many of these players make terrible plays they need to get off there high horses,all poker players look daft at some point.As for Cowgomoo i,ve seen him try and pinch sparces heads up opponent while hes not there.Its along wait at the higher stakes without players of integrity like cowgomoo LOL. Me myself dont jump to the defence of anybody unless i truly agree (and dont care who it offends). If thats what was going round on the forum fair do's but its not.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Thats possibly the most absurd thing I have ever read. I would never do such a thing and especially not to Sparce. If you want to find Sparce on one of his tables and ask him, please scurry back here to deliver the answer. Otherwise stop making these highly slanderous comments.
  • edited March 2010

Tonight see’s the resumption of Total-Player, in the lead up to Saturday, when the remaining 6 will become 3.

The three nights work this week will be on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday.

All 6 TP-ers will be free to play on ALL THREE evenings, between 7pm & Midnight.

The Mentors will have agreed with the TP-ers to work on areas of possible weakness, leaks & tweaks etc.

Each Mentor will be working with their remaining 2 players on one full evening out of the three, 7pm until Midnight.

TUESDAY will be Team Tuck night, with David doing high-intensity Mentoring.

WEDNESDAY will be Team Gidzo night, & Ed will be doing his Mentoring thing with his two TP-ers.

THURSDAY will be Team Matt night, & his two Players will be Matt-Mentored.

Over & above that, all 6 TP-ers will have a free rein over the three nights to play whatsoever they wish on their TP-Accounts. Presumably, the TP-ers will keep us informed via the Forum of what they do, & how they get on, but that’s up to them. If you wish to find them, use the “FIND-A-PLAYER” facility, & just type in “TP_”, & all 6 names will be listed.

In addition, on FRIDAY at 6pm, there will be a TP Finale SNG, 2,500 chips, 10 minute blinds, in which all 6 TP-ers will play. Should be worth Railing that one!

The TP Accounts will be temporarily locked after that, (see below) & the 6 will become 3 on Saturday evening.

On Monday or Tuesday of next week (I am not sure yet), the 10 day Voting period will commence, & during the voting period, the 3 TP-ers will be free to play whatever they wish on their TP Accounts.

The Voting Period is a bit like a General Election, & it’s the TP-ers own responsibility, & choice, to lobby for Votes as they see fit. .I would think you can expect the 3 TP-ers to be fairly prominent via Blogs &/or Forum Posts during that period, too, because it’s YOUR Votes that will decide the winner. And they need your Votes!

They will also be playing “freestyle” on their TP Accounts during the Voting Period, & they will be able to play at any time of the day or night, 24/7, until the Voting Period ends, at which stage, all TP Accounts will be closed.

Good Luck them.

• edited March 2010
    this `opponent` mustnt be feelin too good reading this.    Pinching him lolol.  id be gutted if i was talked about like that
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Thats possibly the most absurd thing I have ever read. I would never do such a thing and especially not to Sparce. If you want to find Sparce on one of his tables and ask him, please scurry back here to deliver the answer. Otherwise stop making these highly slanderous comments.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    That is a fact thought there was some action going down but sparce was away and the opponent is waiting you came along and asked em to play you,like your gonna admit your desperate.
  • edited March 2010
    You will have to excuse me as I wasn't aware that the poker police were monitoring my post histories with such diligence. If you would like to give me your full report D.I Floyd (although maybe I should wait until you have submitted your charge sheet), then, perhaps, I might see the error of my ways and show repentance whilst in poker prison.  Perhaps I should submit my testimony, under caution, to you now? When I came to the defence of 'ljamesl' and 'sharksbite' I was doing so for purely selfless reasons. I did not like the fact that the persons involved made unwarranted and baseless statements that they did not feel the need to either justify or qualify with further 'evidence'. I thought this was not only rude and offensive but also cowardly and wanted them to either provide that justification or to simply retract what they had said.  Also, as it has been pointed out James, and for that matter Sharksbite, are my friends so I have every right to come to their defence If I feel the need to do so. Just for the record, even though this is none of your business, when I retracted my statements on the thread to which you are referring to, I did so after talking to James privately. I came to the conclusion after much thought and discussion that my original post left the risk of offending somebody, namely Tikay, too high so I gracefully withdrew those initial comments.   I would be grateful if you could point out where I have made a post that 'I do not truly believe' - if your'e capable of proving that.  Browndog
    Posted by BrownnDog
    1. I've seen your posts in the threads i read the history is for people to judge thereself.

2. Bit childish with the police analagy.

3. Judging by your picture on total player you couldn,t defend yourself from a fly nevermind anyone else.

4. I will not retract these statements LOL.

All the best Jimifloyd x x x.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : That is a fact thought there was some action going down but sparce was away and the opponent is waiting you came along and asked em to play you,like your gonna admit your desperate.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    LOL, you could not imagine how much you are embarrassing yourself. Like I said go and get comfirmation off Sparce and then come back here as I am sure Sparce would remember this.
  • edited March 2010
    Oh and in repsonse to the "desperate" comment, LOL
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : LOL, you could not imagine how much you are embarrassing yourself. Like I said go and get comfirmation off Sparce and then come back here as I am sure Sparce would remember this.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    If you read the post you will see that sparce is away,the opponent is waiting.
    You try perswading them and they ignore you.

Chatbox transcripts can be retrieved i have had it done for me i dont need to do s...t.
    I aint the 1 creeping round trying to steal so called m8's heads up opponents.
  • edited March 2010
    Tonight see’s the resumption of Total-Player, in the lead up to Saturday, when the remaining 6 will become 3.   The three nights work this week will be on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday.   All 6 TP-ers will be free to play on ALL THREE evenings, between 7pm & Midnight.   The Mentors will have agreed with the TP-ers to work on areas of possible weakness, leaks & tweaks etc.   Each Mentor will be working with their remaining 2 players on one full evening out of the three, 7pm until Midnight.   TUESDAY will be Team Tuck night, with David doing high-intensity Mentoring.   WEDNESDAY will be Team Gidzo night, & Ed will be doing his Mentoring thing with his two TP-ers.   THURSDAY will be Team Matt night, & his two Players will be Matt-Mentored.   Over & above that, all 6 TP-ers will have a free rein over the three nights to play whatsoever they wish on their TP-Accounts. Presumably, the TP-ers will keep us informed via the Forum of what they do, & how they get on, but that’s up to them. If you wish to find them, use the “FIND-A-PLAYER” facility, & just type in “TP_”, & all 6 names will be listed.   In addition, on FRIDAY at 6pm, there will be a TP Finale SNG, 2,500 chips, 10 minute blinds, in which all 6 TP-ers will play. Should be worth Railing that one!   The TP Accounts will be temporarily locked after that, (see below) & the 6 will become 3 on Saturday evening.   On Monday or Tuesday of next week (I am not sure yet), the 10 day Voting period will commence, & during the voting period, the 3 TP-ers will be free to play whatever they wish on their TP Accounts.   The Voting Period is a bit like a General Election, & it’s the TP-ers own responsibility, & choice, to lobby for Votes as they see fit. .I would think you can expect the 3 TP-ers to be fairly prominent via Blogs &/or Forum Posts during that period, too, because it’s YOUR Votes that will decide the winner. And they need your Votes!   They will also be playing “freestyle” on their TP Accounts during the Voting Period, & they will be able to play at any time of the day or night, 24/7, until the Voting Period ends, at which stage, all TP Accounts will be closed.   Good Luck them.
    Posted by Tikay10

sounds great tk !

gl to all the total players !
  • edited March 2010
    Oh and in repsonse to the "desperate" comment, LOL
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Attention seeker go and start lesson number 17 or whatever it is with a 72off  3 bet from the blinds and bust someones aces.You look really cool.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : If you read the post you will see that sparce is away,the opponent is waiting. You try perswading them and they ignore you. Chatbox transcripts can be retrieved i have had it done for me i dont need to do s...t. I aint the 1 creeping round trying to steal so called m8's heads up opponents.
    Posted by jimifloyd

guys, please calm things down slightly. Take a deep breath and find another thread to enjoy. This thread (or any other thread for that matter) really isn't the place for these type of arguments.

Thanks for being understanding on this one.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : If you read the post you will see that sparce is away,the opponent is waiting. You try perswading them and they ignore you. Chatbox transcripts can be retrieved i have had it done for me i dont need to do s...t. I aint the 1 creeping round trying to steal so called m8's heads up opponents.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    REMOVED FOR SKY RICH
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Attention seeker go and start lesson number 17 or whatever it is with a 72off  3 bet from the blinds and bust someones aces.You look really cool.
    Posted by jimifloyd

just a friendly nudge in the right direction. i really don't want to have to start 'warning' or worse.

thank you
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : just a friendly nudge in the right direction. i really don't want to have to start 'warning' or worse. thank you
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    PM me if you still got a problem Moo.
    The truth speaks for itself i wont post on the thread no more Rich.
  • edited March 2010
    Good luck for tonight guys....The final furlong is almost in sight...HOW EXCITING!!!!!!

Really looking forward to hearing your updates over the next three days

May the best Woman (or Man) win ;o)

x
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : PM me if you still got a problem Moo. The truth speaks for itself i wont post on the thread no more Rich.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    No no no, please post on this thread if you wish. i just wanted to nip that particular argument in the bud before it escalated.

i certainly wasn't trying to say 'please do not post anymore'. sorry if that's the impression i put across!
  • edited March 2010
    sky_rich starting an argument as usual...
  • edited March 2010
    Good luck tonight guys :)

Gonna be a long few days
  • edited March 2010
    sky_rich starting an argument as usual...
    Posted by BlackFish3
    LOL

I just have no idea why people pick fights on here. I get on with everybody. I love the community here. I would do anything to help or advise anybody or chat with about anything. But some people....... Just no need. I dont get it.
  • edited March 2010

Good Luck to all 6 PTP-ers tonight!
  • edited March 2010
    Good luck everybody!
  • edited March 2010
    Hey all. 

Gearing up for the final slog.  Good luck to Dan and everyone else tonight.

Best wishes 

GB
  • edited March 2010
    Also gearing up!! good luck to everyone!!!
    XXXX
  • edited March 2010
    Good luck every one!!
  • edited March 2010
    Best of luck tonight Peeps:)
  • edited March 2010
    The final furlong is indeed in sight, however the next 3 nights will be a long slog[but then the wsop main event is just that]

Even though this competition is called TOTAL PLAYER I really connot get past the fact the the ultimate winner will be playing in very good structured MTT'S and not entering a high staked cash game. We should therefore in my opinion applaud some fantastic demonstations of heads-up cash play in the earlier rounds but really now concentrate on finding the best MTT'ER to represent Skypoker over the coming months.

For the reasons stated above my two players GLITERBABE   and  DANTB10  will be multi-tabling mtt's over the next 3 nights.

19.30 £400 B.Hunter 20.00 Main Event 20.30 £1000 B.hunter 21.00 £1000 G Teed 21.30 £1500 B.hunter 22.00 £1000 Velocity2230 £800 B.Hunter.

There may be some slight differences on the Wed and Thursday but you get the drift, I am doing the show on thurday night so i will speak to the producer very nicely and ask if there is any possibility of showing some of the remaining tp'ers in the first hour of the £12000 guaranteed bounty hunter.[unless ofc they are still on the h/u cash tables -:) ]

So 21 tournaments in all, and I have to set gliterbabe and dantb10 a challenge----

At least  1 final table
    At least  3 top 10% of field
    At least   5 cashes.

This is not exact because of the differing tournys but for arguments sake the total entry fees will be approx £10 each [£210 in total then]  if they hit the targets and again obv not exact  but lets say....

At least  1 final table  --------------------------------------------------      ----------£150
    At least  3 top 10%'s  , so 2 more including the final table @ £40 ea       £80
    At least  5 cashes, so 2 more @£25 ea--------------------------------------------£50

TOTAL  £280

A small profit yes but this is the minimum Im looking for, just remember the very top online players in the world cash in about 17% of tournaments they enter but when they win they win big !!

So yes Id rather 1 win and the odd cash than 6 small cashes.

YOU SHALL BE UPDATED !

to be continued............................................

• edited March 2010
    This is going to be tough but I guess the whole process of Total Player was never going to be easy.

I will post updates when possible.

GB
  • edited March 2010

I'm liking Ed's challenges - a lot - and we can all follow them as they work through them.

Good stuff.