You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    ive done nothung but praise players and i sent dohx6 a pm last week wishing all the best. but im only stating a fact about wa has been said by a former tp player . DELTA
  • edited February 2010
    Again, Who is Delta?
  • edited February 2010
    Posted this on different thread as this was locked:

Apologies if i missed i phone call.  I watched until 10pm when i had to go out; I left my phone on, but presume my reception was a bit rubbish so apologies.  When i did not get a phone call by 11 pm felt a bit gutted! but guess its all ok now as in a super dooper mood.  This comp means a lot to me and i am proud to be through, thanks Matt.
    As for James, commiserations.  I chat to him regularly and think he was the best person left in the competition.  Have learnt a lot about myself chatting and playing vs him online, i always see him as competition and play fancy poker and he owns me! I am sure he will carry on to play great in tournies as well as continuing in his very strong cash game.

Having read through the thread i feel Dohh got a lot of stick for going through.  I dont have much experience playing vs him.  However, through the sng I saw that he played good solid poker, and i think he deserves the place as much as anyone, He has a strong game.  Saying that phil had an uber strong game too. He 0wned me soo much in the sng, value towning the hell out of me at every opportunity.  Not sorry to see him go, but only cause he played an extremely good game.  

I have the utmost respect for everyone who has been in this comp and they should all be proud.  Personally i always wonder how all these posters who mass post play; this comp shows how getting involved in all the discussions creates a thorough thought behind theory and application. I think everyone should try and emulate this TP 9.  They show what u need to do to become a great poker player.

Congrats to everyone who got through, and commiserations who those who didnt. Horrible!!

David (sparticus)

xxxxx

ps. i feel like I am in the film highlander, "there can be only one"

• edited February 2010
    Delta, Nutter, Cowgomoo. Can you please all just chill out and stay friendly?There's enough aggravation going on without you guys having an argument about what David Tuckman did or didn't say or do.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Delta, Nutter, Cowgomoo. Can you please all just chill out and stay friendly?There's enough aggravation going on without you guys having an argument about what David Tuckman did or didn't say or do.
    Posted by Seagull158

No offence mate but i have not said a word on the matter :) read through and up.

• edited February 2010
    why bring some1 in to this like he says he has not said a word on this. its only the cow whos got the camels. and wat a star he is(tounge in cheak) but only he knows that.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : No offence mate but i have not said a word on the matter :) read through and up.
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Yeah, soz about that. I meant Cottlad. Got your posts confused. All this vitriol is very confusing.
  • edited March 2010
    oy!!!---leave my favorite nutter alone you!!!
  • edited March 2010

In any competition like this there will always be controversy. It is inevitable. As for my time spent as a mentor....just to make things clear, I wasn't talking about my time, I was talking about the time allocated by Sky. We were given 3 hours to mentor the past week. I decided this would be best spent using one hour for each player. I gave each of my TPs a few things to work on. To be honest, there is only so much that someone can work on in such a short period. You can't fix everything or even know what's broken in just a few weeks. I do think we made terrific progress and I'd like to think each of the players got something out of this. I know I did.

If you have one hour...do you think it would be smart to try and learn three different languages or just one? All of these players have "game" and I'm looking to tweak not overhaul.  I now have a relationship with all 6 of my TPs and as far as I'm concerned, I am open to them or anyone else on this site if they want to pick my brain about poker. We started with 18, we're now down to 6....eventually we'll be at One. Anyway you cut it, people will be disappointed. I will continue to do the best I can regardless as I'm sure everyone will. 

• edited March 2010
    In any competition like this there will always be controversy. It is inevitable. As for my time spent as a mentor....just to make things clear, I wasn't talking about my time, I was talking about the time allocated by Sky. We were given 3 hours to mentor the past week. I decided this would be best spent using one hour for each player. I gave each of my TPs a few things to work on. To be honest, there is only so much that someone can work on in such a short period. You can't fix everything or even know what's broken in just a few weeks. I do think we made terrific progress and I'd like to think each of the players got something out of this. I know I did. If you have one hour...do you think it would be smart to try and learn three different languages or just one? All of these players have "game" and I'm looking to tweak not overhaul.  I now have a relationship with all 6 of my TPs and as far as I'm concerned, I am open to them or anyone else on this site if they want to pick my brain about poker. We started with 18, we're now down to 6....eventually we'll be at One. Anyway you cut it, people will be disappointed. I will continue to do the best I can regardless as I'm sure everyone will. 
    Posted by DAVID_T
    phil cashed for nearly 2,500 pounds tonight 2nd in primo, enough said
  • edited March 2010
    In any competition like this there will always be controversy. It is inevitable. As for my time spent as a mentor....just to make things clear, I wasn't talking about my time, I was talking about the time allocated by Sky. We were given 3 hours to mentor the past week. I decided this would be best spent using one hour for each player. I gave each of my TPs a few things to work on. To be honest, there is only so much that someone can work on in such a short period. You can't fix everything or even know what's broken in just a few weeks. I do think we made terrific progress and I'd like to think each of the players got something out of this. I know I did. If you have one hour...do you think it would be smart to try and learn three different languages or just one? All of these players have "game" and I'm looking to tweak not overhaul.  I now have a relationship with all 6 of my TPs and as far as I'm concerned, I am open to them or anyone else on this site if they want to pick my brain about poker. We started with 18, we're now down to 6....eventually we'll be at One. Anyway you cut it, people will be disappointed. I will continue to do the best I can regardless as I'm sure everyone will. 
    Posted by DAVID_T
    I can't quote on the relationship that Tuck had with DOHx7, phil and Ben during Phase 2 but from my experience with him during Phase 1 - Tuck made it clear from the offset that he would spend half an hour each with all 6 of us and that is whagt he did. He can't change our game dramatically during that period but I found the way he spent his time with me to be really usefull and I personally got loads out of it. What he made me do during our time together was to look at a few weaknesses that he had spotted and he helped turn them into strengths and put into my game. As i said, I can't speak for the other 5 from the original team I am more than happy with the time I spent with Tuck - and as he has said, he is willing to help us six - and others out in the future - I for one will be taking him up on this offer once TP is over because I value his opinion and straight talking - if he doesn't like something he tells you straight away, and is constructive within his criticism.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by DAVID_T
    You tell 'em DT you made the correct decision.

Don't matter if you rang him from the alehouse on a bad line, you were spot on to put him "in the muck"

Sore loser or what???????
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. Being relatively new to Sky Poker, I had no preconceived notions about any of the players. In fact, one of my players told me that James is the best player on Sky and he's no longer in the competition. As for my players, I chatted with them, looked over many, many hands they played. I did my best to mentor when I could and at the end of the day I had to make a judgement call on who I think would be the best candidate to be the Total Player. I'm not really very familar with any of the players on this site yet, but I'll tell you...I flip-flopped on Dohhh and Phil for the past week and didn't actually make up my mind until I looked over a series of hands yesterday afternoon. As for who will be my 'One' - both players are qualified and no decision is even remotely close to being made yet. I've got some time with them this week and I'm looking forward to every minute. As for Phil, once again, I can only imagine how frustrated you are, but I do consider you a friend and if you'd like to, I'd love to continue helping you hone your game. No decision was made until yesterday and really there was nothing you did wrong. You were just up against very tough competition. To be honest, I'd be proud to have any of the three of you representing me and Sky Poker.
    Posted by DAVID_T

Bit of a cheap shot don't you think?

• edited March 2010
    i dont think dave could teach james anything about poker,, james would eat him alive and to comment on brownns highlighted reply,, doesnt that just show,, they dont want the best player to win it ???
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Bit of a cheap shot don't you think?
    Posted by BrownnDog
    You've really gotta stop brown nosing its getting embarassing, James is a big boy he can defend his self.
    I bite my tongue with it until now enough is enough get a room.
  • edited March 2010
    hes not called browndog for nothing jimi lol
  • edited March 2010
    hes not called brown dog for nothing jimi lol
    Posted by webby234
    LOL.
  • edited March 2010
    So who is jimifloyd?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Bit of a cheap shot don't you think?
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Don't think it's meant as a cheap shot, just an example of how highly people also rate another player that was part of this comp but is sadly no longer in it
  • edited March 2010
    So who is jimifloyd?
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Who are you?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Who are you?
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Cowgomoo. You?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Cowgomoo. You?
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    So in response jimifloyd is jimifloyd Duhhhhhhhh!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : So in response jimifloyd is jimifloyd Duhhhhhhhh!
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Explain that to me please
  • edited March 2010
    So who is jimifloyd?
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    The above question is retorical (it answers itself)

Whats your problem?
  • edited March 2010
    its just a cow going moooooo

i know i hate that noise aswell!!!
  • edited March 2010
    cow is an amazing player,, why dont u challenge him,, then you see who he is !!! :P
  • edited March 2010
    Been away for a few days so just caught up with the thread! Lol Jimi indeed I can defend myself, browndog is just a friend and he is always looking out for his friends if he thinks any of them are getting unfair comments made against them.

Referring to Tuckman's comment made about me, I'm not really sure what he's trying to get at there. But to be honest I don't really care either, if it is a comment to try and diss me.. well that's up to him but I'd hope it wouldn't be! Personally I think hes lucky I had a bad 2nd phase and got knocked out, otherwise I would of really had a good shot at this and his team would of been in alot of trouble ;-)
  • edited March 2010
    * rolls eyes *
  • edited March 2010
    Been away for a few days so just caught up with the thread! Lol Jimi indeed I can defend myself, browndog is just a friend and he is always looking out for his friends if he thinks any of them are getting unfair comments made against them. Referring to Tuckman's comment made about me, I'm not really sure what he's trying to get at there. But to be honest I don't really care either, if it is a comment to try and diss me.. well that's up to him but I'd hope it wouldn't be! Personally I think hes lucky I had a bad 2nd phase and got knocked out, otherwise I would of really had a good shot at this and his team would of been in alot of trouble ;-)
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Fair dos James,anyone who looks through browndogs history will see what im getting at plus he retracts his opinions after your PM in a post where people get at Tikay.Alot the higher stakes cash players (not all) seem to jump to the defence of each other(Hence Cowgomoo Jumping in and getting clever).Its not the highrollers against the world.

I want us all to get on have a bit of banter still but since Total Player seems like alot of these players i've mentioned who didn't post up until then(wonder why)all of a sudden think by bombarding posts with there little click means that there right all the time.I've seen many of these players make terrible plays they need to get off there high horses,all poker players look daft at some point.As for Cowgomoo i,ve seen him try and pinch sparces heads up opponent while hes not there.Its along wait at the higher stakes without players of integrity like cowgomoo LOL.

Me myself dont jump to the defence of anybody unless i truly agree (and dont care who it offends).
    If thats what was going round on the forum fair do's but its not.

• edited March 2010
    You will have to excuse me as I wasn't aware that the poker police were monitoring my post histories with such diligence. If you would like to give me your full report D.I Floyd (although maybe I should wait until you have submitted your charge sheet), then, perhaps, I might see the error of my ways and show repentance whilst in poker prison. 

Perhaps I should submit my testimony, under caution, to you now? When I came to the defence of 'ljamesl' and 'sharksbite' I was doing so for purely selfless reasons. I did not like the fact that the persons involved made unwarranted and baseless statements that they did not feel the need to either justify or qualify with further 'evidence'. I thought this was not only rude and offensive but also cowardly and wanted them to either provide that justification or to simply retract what they had said. 

Also, as it has been pointed out James, and for that matter Sharksbite, are my friends so I have every right to come to their defence If I feel the need to do so. Just for the record, even though this is none of your business, when I retracted my statements on the thread to which you are referring to, I did so after talking to James privately. I came to the conclusion after much thought and discussion that my original post left the risk of offending somebody, namely Tikay, too high so I gracefully withdrew those initial comments.  

I would be grateful if you could point out where I have made a post that 'I do not truly believe' - if your'e capable of proving that. 

Browndog