You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    well done all ,

you have all proven you are great poker players,

it seems the mentors have got the picks spot on ,

gl all in the next selection process ,

reading all your br  posts above i would not mess with any of you lol !
  • edited February 2010
    Good Morning Everyone.

Sorry for the lateness, but needed time to reflect on the morning after the night before.

My evening couldn't have started off worse,  losing my internet connection for an hour put me in real bad mood and I was really stressing at losing an hour.

My plan tonight was to play just Cash and the odd MTT, got off to a real bad start start losing a buyin on a AKJ board me holding AJ oppo AK. SIGH..  I then took the decision after another 30 mins of hitting absolutly nothing to stop the cash.  I was trying to push opponents around but when they kept firing back at me, I decided enough was enough and I was off to multi table MTT's.

I started a £50 DYM to try and get even for the night, 4 left and shoved SB Q9 and got looked up by chip daddy with J9, send the J high flop and j turn GG me. I just felt at this point nothing was going to go right for me and really wanted to turn the lappie off and go to bed.  But I battled on playing just MTT,s.  The ME didn't really start for found some good positions but again no one ever believed my raises and I couldn't connect a flop.

I grinded away on about 6 MMT tourneys but had no luck in any managed to take a few bounties but never cashed in any.

Overall as I had said to my Mentor, if I had the choice of not playing last night the lappie would have stayed off.  Sometimes the mood just doesn't grab you and that day was yesterday, never mind no excuses was just one of those days.

The whole experience of Total Player has been unreal.  Like all the other comments by my fellow TPer's the railing between the community and the players has been fantastic, of which I will never forget.  I would like to wish everyone the very best of luck for Saturday, glad I'm not a mentor. Everyone deserves to go through this competition has been very tough , not only are you all good players your all great people too, people who I look upon as good friends.

Anyway good luck to everyone.

Final Roll £568.00

GB

• edited February 2010
    HI TOTAL PLAYERS

Unfortunately some of you are unable to make the 9 seater SNG these evening, and as a result having conferred with Naomi as it was her idea, we've decided to not go ahead with the game.

All that remains is for me to say is that I wish you all the best of luck for Saturday and that you all "run good" on your own accounts over the forth coming evenings.

Kind Regards

Aisling
  • edited February 2010
    what is this sky total player ?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Posted by fitzer14
    See HERE.......

....and HERE
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by fitzer14

Omg fitzer have you been hibernating for the the last 2 months lol  ?
  • edited February 2010
    Best of luck to all tonight.
  • edited February 2010
    Good luck every one for tonight!

Squeeky bum time!!
  • edited February 2010
    Article about Total Player in March edition of WPT magazine...........although Gliter's name changes somehow!!!

Also article about DaveyZZ's win in SPT.

Good luck all tonight and what will be, will be. No hanging head in shame whoever goes later.

Can I also add, that the TP sngs were wonderfully hard and showed just how good each player is who is still in this competition.
  • edited February 2010
    well crunch time tonight guys toilet paper at the ready ,

anyone of you deserve to go through ,

you are all excellent players ,

best of luck to you all tonight !
  • edited February 2010

How must the TP-ers feel today?

Well 6 of them will feel terrific at 11pm tonight. 3 will not. Brutal stuff.

To remind everyone, here are the Nervous Nine.

Dantb10

Dohhhhhhh

GliterBabe

lJAMESl

Nutter5932

Phil12UK

Sharksbite

Sparce

Yipeeyappee
  • edited February 2010
    How must the TP-ers feel today? Well 6 of them will feel terrific at 11pm tonight. 3 will not. Brutal stuff. To remind everyone, here are the Nervous Nine. Dantb10 Dohhhhhhh GliterBabe lJAMESl Nutter5932 Phil12UK Sharksbite Sparce Yipeeyappee
    Posted by Tikay10
    The nervous nine will then have to become the super six...(what is the password for that Barry?, LOL)
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL of you tonight, it will be tough me thinks.
  • edited February 2010

Hey all, I dnt think this week has been as close as most thought. Im not nervous or excited at all this morning, just resigned, and I feel YippeeYapee will be the same, having had a bad week and then not even turning up for the final round robin sit and go. - I guess he is as resigned as I am. 

The people I guess who will be feeling it, are Sbite, Sparce and James, these guys are all in with a shout, the other 2 groups are pretty much automatic decisions. 

Still looking forward to the shows tonight though, MC and TP - Saturday night on SPoker is wikkkid.

Gl to SB, Sparce and James tonight, and the rest of you in the next round - I got the email about the next stage, and can't wait to watch it! 

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Hey all, I dnt think this week has been as close as most thought. Im not nervous or excited at all this morning, just resigned, and I feel YippeeYapee will be the same, having had a bad week and then not even turning up for the final round robin sit and go. - I guess he is as resigned as I am.  The people I guess who will be feeling it, are Sbite, Sparce and James, these guys are all in with a shout, the other 2 groups are pretty much automatic decisions.  Still looking forward to the shows tonight though, MC and TP - Saturday night on SPoker is wikkkid. Gl to SB, Sparce and James tonight, and the rest of you in the next round - I got the email about the next stage, and can't wait to watch it!  DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanks Dohh, and best of luck 2 you too,  and every other Tp. Its not a nice feeling for sure, but none of us know  the outcome yet so keep positive :) Good luck guys!!!
  • edited February 2010
    The Nervous Nine loving your terminology TK..

Here's wishing everyone good luck tonight, even Yippee who still continues to diss me!!!

Seriously like Phil and Doh say everyone has played well and deserves a place in the last 6.

This has been a great competition long may it last.

Good luck everyone.

GB
  • edited February 2010
    Good Luck to all 9 of you tonight - I bet your nervous now!! To the three that don't make it through, just remember that you have done well to get this far and take away the positives from the competition!! And good luck to the 6 of you who do go through to the Phase 3!!
  • edited February 2010

IMPORTANT NEWS!

Tonight's edition of Total Player - which will as usual be LIVE - starts at NINE PM (2100, 9pm) NOT 10pm.

And it will be a TWO-HOUR Show.

Enjoy!
  • edited February 2010
    Just would like to add my best wishes to you all tonight you all deserved to get this far and by the very nature of the contest only six can go through its been tough and will surely only get tougher but thats why you got picked,because people believe that you have what it takes,it certainly has been great entertainment well done to you all and much respect yours Mark aka Mabsue 
  • edited February 2010
    Yep, good luck to everyone. will all be a very close shout. think the only conclusive one is yippy likely to be out.  Dohh, u won a tourney!! definitely still in it and i thought u played class in it!!!

Good luck to my fellow two team mates. Come what may we all have an excellent game and its a super tough decision for matt tonight.

XXXXXXXXXXX
  • edited February 2010
    Hey guys checking in before i head out - shall try and stay on the water though till a phonecall :) !

Dohhhh do not resign to the fact your out because everyone knows you are not and i certainly do no expect to go through till i get that conformation.

Its been emotional ! but worth every second and whatever happens from here on out everyone has been amazing. 

Goodluck tonight guys i'm already nervous as hell.
  • edited February 2010
    gl guys its been a very interesting and compeling tourny so far may the poker gods be with u all.del

• edited February 2010
    Good Luclk to all you TP_ers, well done.You have given it everything you've got to get this far.You have all got the  required skills, but as you know in Poker you need that little bit of luck as well.Lets hope the poker gods are smiling on you tonight.
    Whatever happens , you are all great sports.
  • edited February 2010
    Good luck tonight TP'ers,

Little bit of extra luck for Phil12uk and dohhhhhhh after playing them a few times

Come on!!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Just to say I'm enjoying the show tonight - goodness knows what the nervous nine are going through but well played every single one of you - you have been excellent and done Skypoker proud! Good luck all :-) xxx Shaz
  • edited February 2010
    Just to say, well done Naomi and David, and HUGE comiserations to James. A truly impressive display by all, and by no means an easy decision to make - especially as I've spent so much time with James, both as part of the TP compo and just as a really nice bloke to chat with on MSN and email.

Onward and upward...

Matt
  • edited February 2010
    worst statement of the year... tikay thinks dohhhh will become the best player on this site in the future,,, think age is kicking in :P
  • edited February 2010
    THAT must have been tough very unlucky Phil Congrats jj WP ALL
  • edited February 2010
    Hi there, as a player who has not been able so see much of the TP on TV (moved house twice in 2 wks) , but catching it tonite,  i think that you should have more info on the TV such as showing the remaining players names on screen before they go out so we know who's who and what they've won so far.  this wuld make much more interesting tv ! i'll have to try and watch more so i know wots going on !

• edited February 2010
    cant believe James is out, i seen him play and thought he was a defo
  • edited February 2010
    Tikay and Dohh have a room together for SPT Luton...