You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    just a quick GL to all 9 TPers for stage 2. loved stage 1 and so so looking forward to stage 2! heres to VEGAS 2010 :P
  • edited February 2010
    You will be bought into SNGs by Sky. Date and Time will be confirmed once the draw has been completed. You will be playing against your fellow TPs. There will be a winner takes all monetary prize for each SNG to help with your bankroll challenge.
    The 8 pm tournaments will once again be mandatory – and Sky will pay for your entry.You must play a minimum of 6 hours of cash.

Tikay can you help me out, many thanks

A snippet from an email received about a week ago above. Plz confirm date and time, or James / nutter I think i'm in your group? what is the date and time for sng. and also buy in even though we are bought in, is it 6max? Who will make up the other 3, whats 1st prize?
    Furthermore, there seems to be no other sng requirements other than this round robin tournament?
    Also an attached calendar says each mentor will be online on a specific day, is this still the case? surely they will be a bias towards their own team, do we talk to them or not?
    Blogs - email from richard kemp, not received yet?
    Will we be issued with new log on passwords / when will our TP accounts be activated?

As regards to an all TP sng that's cool, let me know details if it is arranged.

Peace, Jac
  • edited February 2010
    Ola,

Nutter - GB - Shark is my group I think you have James and Dohhh.

As far as I understand it we have TWO 6 max sit and goes to play having a selected day off from this [not known yet]. 

Group A + B Sunday 
    Group A + C Monday 
    Group B + C Tuesday

Each awarding winner take all which is £100 I believe. 

Regarding the mentors I understand they are only on ONE night each and have no further part in the nights they are not scheduled to be on but I think they will ;). Effectively having less time to make their choices for the next round and increasing the pressure to impress on their scheduled night, mine being Sunday. 

Blogs will be sorted out tomorrow I think as Aislings e-mail stated.

2 SNGS - sky enter us
    3 8pm mtts - sky enter us
    6 hours of cash - our own choice

ZERO stt / mtt requirements other than those stated.

Hope that helps yip
  • edited February 2010
    hey guys,

yep, blogs will be sorted out by me! just give me a bit of time, pretty busy in the community world 'init'!

i'll have all the emails out to you in the next few hours.

cheers
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    You will be bought into SNGs by Sky. Date and Time will be confirmed once the draw has been completed. You will be playing against your fellow TPs. There will be a winner takes all monetary prize for each SNG to help with your bankroll challenge. The 8 pm tournaments will once again be mandatory – and Sky will pay for your entry. You must play a minimum of 6 hours of cash. Tikay can you help me out, many thanks A snippet from an email received about a week ago above. Plz confirm date and time, or James / nutter I think i'm in your group? what is the date and time for sng. and also buy in even though we are bought in, is it 6max? Who will make up the other 3, whats 1st prize? Furthermore, there seems to be no other sng requirements other than this round robin tournament? Also an attached calendar says each mentor will be online on a specific day, is this still the case? surely they will be a bias towards their own team, do we talk to them or not? Blogs - email from richard kemp, not received yet? Will we be issued with new log on passwords / when will our TP accounts be activated? As regards to an all TP sng that's cool, let me know details if it is arranged. Peace, Jac
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE

hey there yipeeyapee

please can you PM me a valid email address that i can use to contact you (i need to send some blog info over to you.)

thanks!
  • edited February 2010
    Hi guys,

Round Robin SNGs - They will appear in the tournament as RR1, RR2 and so on.
    TP accounts will be active from Sunday.

This week the players from all three mentors will play against each other in a round robin 6 seat £20 Deep Stack MTT each night starting at 7pm. (5000 chips- 15 minute blinds)

• Sunday - Group 1 & 2
    • Monday – Group 2 &3
    • Tuesday – Group 1 & 3
    TOTAL PLAYER groups are as follows:

GROUP 1

LJAMESL

DOHHHHHHH

YIPPEEYAPPEE

GROUP 2

SHARKSBITE

NUTTER5932

GLITERBABE

GROUP 3

SPARCE

DANTB10

PHIL12UK

Looking forward to what promises to be a fight to the death!

Axx
  • edited February 2010
    thanks nutter big help
  • edited February 2010
    Good luck to everyone in stage 2, enjoyed reading all of your blogs :)
  • edited February 2010
    Going to enjoy my one saturday off hopefully for a little while and blow off some steam :) !

Wake up and hopefully get my poker head on for the next three nights and have some fun. Don't forget to rail the SNGs as i think these could be 1hr 30 - 3 hour jobbies !

• edited February 2010
    blogs are brilliant and cant wait for the next 3 days!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Im off out now to play poker and probably won't be back in until gone 7pm therefore just wanted to wish the final 9 all the best for tonight, you all will do great I know you will!!
  • edited February 2010
    Good luck tonight boys and girl.
  • edited February 2010
    Good luck everyone - especially Phil and James. You have to have favourites ;)
  • edited February 2010
    Good luck everyone 2n8, i hope we all run good and perform to the best of our abilities.
  • edited February 2010
    Good luck everyone 2n8, i hope we all run good and perform to the best of our abilities.
    Posted by dantb10
    + 1.
    Best of luck everyone !
  • edited February 2010
    Ready and raring to go. The very best of luck to everyone.

GB
  • edited February 2010
    Hungover and looking forward to tonight :):)
  • edited February 2010
    GL ladies and gents! :-)
  • edited February 2010
    Hungover and looking forward to tonight :):)
    Posted by Nutter5932
    bluff?lol
  • edited February 2010
    Recovered and awake ! ;P 

The star avatar show begins :)
  • edited February 2010
    Ok, I am ready for tonight.  Good luck to all the TP'ers! think me and yippee r kicking of at 7pm.

Oh and i saw Wicked yesterday for a belated valentines day.  Dont think legally blonde would be my thing.

Have fun everyone

XXXXXXXXXX
  • edited February 2010
    Gl every1 2nite. that round robin table looks like easy money if a non tper could enter haha looking foward to watching GL
  • edited February 2010
    gl to all in battlestar galactica  .
  • edited February 2010
    I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!! GL all
  • edited February 2010
    I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!! GL all
    Posted by TP_Phil12
    Perfect timing - let's get this on!
  • edited February 2010
    Ok, I am ready for tonight.  Good luck to all the TP'ers! think me and yippee r kicking of at 7pm. Oh and i saw Wicked yesterday for a belated valentines day.  Dont think legally blonde would be my thing. Have fun everyone XXXXXXXXXX
    Posted by Sparce

Now this will be worth watching,  guys/girls  they are sat at the 50/£1 tables salford and sandford.
  • edited February 2010
    Excellent job to all the TP's....

My guys work on what we've discussed...send me emails, PMs and we'll chat during the week. I am so not looking forward to Saturday!

I've been so impressed with the play from all of my guys - I don't know who will go forward, but my guys rock and should certainly represent Sky! I'd be proud to say that any of them represent me.

• edited February 2010
    if the whole match could get shown live it'd be really good, i finished 500 down.  Was really gutted with this result because felt my edge was growing and growing but just kept losing every all in.  He played ok but before the match i thought he was a really really good player, but by about half way through i felt like he was decent at best.  Was quite frustrating he wouldn't play deep as this is where i thought i could punish the leaks in his game that i had discovered.  Good bankroll management by him tho i guess.

Really disappointing result, but there's always tomorrow :P
    gl at the tables all, yipee
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD - hu match:
    if the whole match could get shown live it'd be really good, i finished 500 down.  Was really gutted with this result because felt my edge was growing and growing but just kept losing every all in.  He played ok but before the match i thought he was a really really good player, but by about half way through i felt like he was decent at best.  Was quite frustrating he wouldn't play deep as this is where i thought i could punish the leaks in his game that i had discovered.  Good bankroll management by him tho i guess. Really disappointing result, but there's always tomorrow :P gl at the tables all, yipee
    Posted by TP_YipeeY
    I see you follow the mantra "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser". This reads as a very disrespectful post but i don't suppose you are bothered by that.
  • edited February 2010

Reporting in For Phase 2, evening 1.

Was an eventful night starting with the 6 handed SNG for group 1.

I started well, everyone seemed to be quite cautious, and I found a few spots to make some small steals.  I was then fortunate enough to hit a set vs. Nutter’s FD. I turned a FH and he rivered his flush, so came up nicely with a good stack.  A little later on I was using my position well, and once the blinds were worth stealing, I pretty much raised every hand, I had noticed a couple of times My BB, who was Dohhh, had 3 bet my button raise a couple of times, and this time did the same, I was sure he was on a re steal so re popped him for around 3.5k, this left him 1k behind him and myself 3.2k ish. The BB I think was 150 at this point. (I am unable to find the HH for the tourney at the moment, so apologies if this is not completely accurate)

Now Dohhh Instant shoved my 4 bet, and although yes I was getting 9/1 here, and many people had said you have to call all day, regardless, I had such Junk  (Q8os) and was pretty sure he definitely had Tens or better, it was unlikely to be a smaller PP or a strong ace just by the instant shove, he didn’t really need to think about it, it seemed he  wasn’t at all put off by my 4 bet(1st time I had made this move) at all. So there it was, I folded and Dohh took a monster pot, wp DohhJ Was this a fundamental mistake, I’m not sure, It was bad timing to make the move and yes probably should have called because of the pot odds, but most of the time I think I am getting this move through unless He has a strong hand. It went downhill from then on and found myself with around 11 BBS with 5 left and blinds were now 200, and had decided to try and take the blinds with any picture. 1st button I get k6 and ran into Nutters AT, GG me lol! Out I came 5th....Always tomorrow.

I also Played 2 HU SNGS @£42.  Won both of these so that was a little better.

Then for the Primo. Had a good start and built a good stack for the 1st hour until I raised the Button(I do like my Button) with AT and get called by k7, I hit top pair he hits bottom pair, I ¾ bet pot until the river, when he now has his runner runner flush! Lovely!

I also Played the 1.5BH sadly not cashing in this either.

Finally For Cash, this was just silly tonight and I couldn’t get a hand through, I ran KK into AK  for a back door st8, for a full buy in @50nl, and so on, I played well though in cash  as with the Primo so no complaints really, all in all was an enjoyable night.

SNGS     Profit    £76.00

MTT       Loss       £11.00

CASH     Loss       £125.62

End BR                  £823.62

Good night all...Beauty sleep needed for a refreshing start to Phase 2 Day 2!

TP_Sharksb.