You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Drummmmmmmmm Rollllllllll, cant wait for tonights episode, best of luck to all of you, Its harsh only 3 of you can make it, I remember how I felt this time last week, but remember what a superb job you have done to get this far!!! GL All x
  • edited February 2010

Six of one, half dozen of the other........

Well six TP-ers have safely secured their Phase 2 berths already, but half a dozen are nervously awaiting to hear their fate tonight, as only THREE of them will survive.

The nervous six who await tonight's Show are......

Dohhhhh

Dylan12

Jakally

Keysersozes

Nutter5932

Phil12UK

Before we celebrate tonight's survivors, my first thoughts will go to the unlucky three. It's brutal stuff.

And what about David Tuchman - what a task he has on!

Well, it is what it is now, & what will be will be.

Good Luck to all 6.
  • edited February 2010
    gl all for 2nite but especially to my mate dohhhhhhh.dav
  • edited February 2010
    gl to all tonight ,

which ever 3 of you go through you all deserve it !

p.s a special gl to my m8y doh !
  • edited February 2010
    Wishing Everyone the very best of luck for tonight.....Will be watching keenly.

GB
  • edited February 2010
    strange comp this ... but since theres been a few posts obviously some people like it ..... personally i dont but good luck to all the elite bestest players (tp ers) on the site x x x
  • edited February 2010
    well done dohhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

wd phil and nutter

ul to the others 
  • edited February 2010
    Well done Phil!
  • edited February 2010
    Jesus was i nervous about that :|

LOL at the phone call didn't know what to say 

Congratz to the other two and sorry to Jakally - Dylan and Keysa
  • edited February 2010
    Well done nutter and dohhhh too.
  • edited February 2010
    wd phil dohhhhhhhhh and nutter . ul to the other 3. x
  • edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010
    WD phil! knew you could do it, also well done to Ben and John.

Dave

p.s.

Unlucky to the other 3 but you did great to get this far.
  • edited February 2010

VWD to Phil.....nutter and DOH......GL to you all in the next stage. unlucky to the other 3 btw
  • edited February 2010
    omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats also to Dohhhhhhh and Nutter.

Jakally, Dylan and Keyser - you 3 are great great players and all deserved ur place in this round and beyond. Congrats on being such great opponents.
  • edited February 2010
    well done all 3 and best of luck to all 9 in the next phase.
  • edited February 2010
    Very well done Nutter, Phil and Dohh!
  • edited February 2010
    Congrats to all the players who took part and to nutter, Doh and Phil, well done lads, John
  • edited February 2010
    well done the three that made it and like i said ealier unlucky to those that didnt but very well done to get this far
  • edited February 2010
    Congrats  2 nutter doh and phil, and comiserations to keysa, jakally and dylan!

U are all quality poker players and can be proud of your achievements.
  • edited February 2010

Wow, that must have been a tight call for David!

My thoughts go to Dylan, Keysa, & Jakally, you can't feel too good right now.

To those who survived, well it ain't over yet, by a very long way, but you're all still in the mix. Well done.
  • edited February 2010

Now, there's a week's "rest", before the battle starts in earnest.

I'll update the Thread tomorrow (Sunday) with what's what, & when, for the Phase 2 Bootcamp.

Night all.
  • edited February 2010

Great show this evening and congratulations to Phil, Nutter and Dohhhhhhh for making it through to the next stage of TP. 

Personally I'd hate to have to wait from Wednesday to Saturday to find out my fate and my thoughts go out to Keysa, Dylan and Mister Jack of all trades Jakally :)  Very unlucky on this occasion gents, but you did yourselves proud with your play, even if sometimes the cards play cruel tricks...

Finally - wardrobe; Tucks white socks - this isn't tennis!!

• edited February 2010
    First of all well done to JJ, Phil and Ben!!
    I know that Jakally and Keyser are obviously dissapointed but well done guys - we done well just to even make it to the team!!

Well, WOW, what an experience this week has been!! I LOVED it and only wish we could do it all over again!!
    During the three nights it is hard to imagine the highs and lows that we all experienced!! I personally have gained a whole load from this experience and I am so gratefull to have been picked for Team Tuck in the first place - there are loads of really good players on this site and I am sure that many would have thought that they deserve a place ahead of me as a new player to the site, all I can say is, keep playing your game and hopefully TP will be back next year so you can have your chance!! If ever picked for TP, grasp it with both hands - I believe I am now a better player, just from the advice, constructive criticism and new insight that I received from David Tuchman.

In my diary of the three nights I wrote about how I had so much unluck at times with the cards but those bad beats are just a part of poker and will always be a part of poker - and looking back now - I am gald all of these things happened to me during those three nights - not only wasn't it my own personnal BR taking a hit lol - but it has made me a stronger player and I know that I can take beats and just carry on regardless, this is a strong charachter trait that I never knew I had - so thank you sky poker for allowing me to find this out using your money lol!!

David Tuchman, thank you sir for your advice throughout - it is very much appreciated and I learned a lot from you - I will miss the MSN convo's but will still be rooting for Team Tuck to win this thing!!

Good luck to all 9 TPers left and I can't wait to rail you during phase 2!!

Bye for now

Dylan
  • edited February 2010
    Great post Dylan.
  • edited February 2010
    Well done to those who got through - I told you Doh...

Des while you're around can you reply to my e-mail I sent you during the week - would be nice to have an answer so I know what I am doing/what is going on. Many thanks.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Great show this evening and congratulations to Phil, Nutter and Dohhhhhhh for making it through to the next stage of TP.  Personally I'd hate to have to wait from Wednesday to Saturday to find out my fate and my thoughts go out to Keysa, Dylan and Mister Jack of all trades Jakally :)  Very unlucky on this occasion gents, but you did yourselves proud with your play, even if sometimes the cards play cruel tricks... Finally - wardrobe; Tucks white socks - this isn't tennis!!
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Was wondering if you'd notice Des - oops. Forget they'd be in vision....As for the my team, what a great job they all did. Working with all 6 of you this week made me feel really good about my original picks. I'll be honest, I couldn't have been happier and all 6 of you have reason to hold your head high.

• edited February 2010
    First of all well done to JJ, Phil and Ben!! I know that Jakally and Keyser are obviously dissapointed but well done guys - we done well just to even make it to the team!!   Well, WOW, what an experience this week has been!! I LOVED it and only wish we could do it all over again!! During the three nights it is hard to imagine the highs and lows that we all experienced!! I personally have gained a whole load from this experience and I am so gratefull to have been picked for Team Tuck in the first place - there are loads of really good players on this site and I am sure that many would have thought that they deserve a place ahead of me as a new player to the site, all I can say is, keep playing your game and hopefully TP will be back next year so you can have your chance!! If ever picked for TP, grasp it with both hands - I believe I am now a better player, just from the advice, constructive criticism and new insight that I received from David Tuchman. In my diary of the three nights I wrote about how I had so much unluck at times with the cards but those bad beats are just a part of poker and will always be a part of poker - and looking back now - I am gald all of these things happened to me during those three nights - not only wasn't it my own personnal BR taking a hit lol - but it has made me a stronger player and I know that I can take beats and just carry on regardless, this is a strong charachter trait that I never knew I had - so thank you sky poker for allowing me to find this out using your money lol!! David Tuchman, thank you sir for your advice throughout - it is very much appreciated and I learned a lot from you - I will miss the MSN convo's but will still be rooting for Team Tuck to win this thing!! Good luck to all 9 TPers left and I can't wait to rail you during phase 2!! Bye for now Dylan
    Posted by dylan12

Dylan, ur a top man and did great to get to this stage. I have played you on a few occasions and ur a very tough opponent to beat.  Keep doing what u are doing and the future can only be bright for u m8.

Commiserations but please, as u seem to be doing, take all the positives u can from this competition.

Phil

• edited February 2010
    that was soooooo tough.

I can say good things about all six of my players and was very happy with the effort everyone put in. Just because you won't be this year's Total Player doesn't mean I won't help if you ask. Feel free to shoot me a question anytime.

Thank you all for making tonight so difficult.
  • edited February 2010
    First of all well done to JJ, Phil and Ben!! I know that Jakally and Keyser are obviously dissapointed but well done guys - we done well just to even make it to the team!!   Well, WOW, what an experience this week has been!! I LOVED it and only wish we could do it all over again!! During the three nights it is hard to imagine the highs and lows that we all experienced!! I personally have gained a whole load from this experience and I am so gratefull to have been picked for Team Tuck in the first place - there are loads of really good players on this site and I am sure that many would have thought that they deserve a place ahead of me as a new player to the site, all I can say is, keep playing your game and hopefully TP will be back next year so you can have your chance!! If ever picked for TP, grasp it with both hands - I believe I am now a better player, just from the advice, constructive criticism and new insight that I received from David Tuchman. In my diary of the three nights I wrote about how I had so much unluck at times with the cards but those bad beats are just a part of poker and will always be a part of poker - and looking back now - I am gald all of these things happened to me during those three nights - not only wasn't it my own personnal BR taking a hit lol - but it has made me a stronger player and I know that I can take beats and just carry on regardless, this is a strong charachter trait that I never knew I had - so thank you sky poker for allowing me to find this out using your money lol!! David Tuchman, thank you sir for your advice throughout - it is very much appreciated and I learned a lot from you - I will miss the MSN convo's but will still be rooting for Team Tuck to win this thing!! Good luck to all 9 TPers left and I can't wait to rail you during phase 2!! Bye for now Dylan
    Posted by dylan12
    You aren't far off Dylan - keep working at it and feel free to contact me anytime you want. I consider us friends now....