You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010

Firstly, congratulations to Ben, Phil and Dohhhhhhh.
    Three people who all thoroughly deserve their place in the next round, and who have all got a great chance of progressing further.
    Had the pleasure of meeting Ben last week, so may be rooting for him that little bit more, but would be great to see all of you make a deep run at this. GL guys.

To Keysa and Dylan, having gone through this process, you will have probably learnt some things about yourself, and your game - hopefully it will spur you on to even more success - I look forward to hearing about it.

And me? I'm disappointed that I didn't do myself justice this week. 
    Bad timing for me in many ways, which didn't help, but I came up short - no excuses.

Will be following the rest of TP with interest - WP to SkyPoker for coming up with the TotalPlayer concept.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Well done to those who got through - I told you Doh... Des while you're around can you reply to my e-mail I sent you during the week - would be nice to have an answer so I know what I am doing/what is going on. Many thanks.
    Posted by pryce6
    Hi Nick...the answer is yes, we can do that.  Will finalise details next week.

Cheers,

Des.
  • edited February 2010
    Lol how did Jakally and Keysa not go through.... amazing.....
  • edited February 2010
    Lol how did Jakally and Keysa not go through.... amazing.....
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    I didn't deserve to .............. Keysa was a little unlucky, I think, but if any of the three that were chosen, had missed out, the same would apply to them.

• edited February 2010
    Great show this evening and congratulations to Phil, Nutter and Dohhhhhhh for making it through to the next stage of TP.  Personally I'd hate to have to wait from Wednesday to Saturday to find out my fate and my thoughts go out to Keysa, Dylan and Mister Jack of all trades Jakally :)  Very unlucky on this occasion gents, but you did yourselves proud with your play, even if sometimes the cards play cruel tricks... Finally - wardrobe; Tucks white socks - this isn't tennis!!
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Des - David is an American. Need I say more? I thought he looked quite well-dressed compared to Mr Scarecrow Orford sat next to him.
  • edited February 2010

Good afternoon all.

Let's firstly confirm where we are.

Stilll in the TP hunt are NINE players, only one of whom can win, so 8 will, at some stage, get the dreaded chop.

Here are the February Nine. Not quite the November Nine, but, you know, it's a start. One of them COULD become a November Niner, mind.....

Team Ed

Dantb10

GliterBabe

yipeeyappee

Team Matt

lJAMESl

Sharksbite

Sparce

Team Tuck

Dohhhhhhh

Nutter5932

Phil12UK

On the Forum, you often see the whinge-buckets saying that the standard of play on Sky Poker is not good.

• edited February 2010
    Congrats and commiserations to all Tpers last night, very well done to the 3 through to next stage who all deserved their place:)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi Nick...the answer is yes, we can do that.  Will finalise details next week. Cheers, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Ok great thanks Des.

Can I just say I just watched the show from last night - great show. A possible highlight being David T's socks :)
  • edited February 2010
    that was soooooo tough. I can say good things about all six of my players and was very happy with the effort everyone put in. Just because you won't be this year's Total Player doesn't mean I won't help if you ask. Feel free to shoot me a question anytime. Thank you all for making tonight so difficult.
    Posted by DAVID_T
    Without trying to read too much into this, your comment suggests there will be another total player competition next year???
  • edited February 2010
    wd lads and gl to u!!!
  • edited February 2010

Total Player takes a one week break now, although there will be a TP Show this Saturday.

When they return, on Monday 22nd February, they begin Boot-Camp Stage 2.

The criteria is below - all TP-ers should read this carefully, & if in doubt, speak to your Mentors, or shoot a question on this Thread.

The nights & times are as before - Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday, 21st, 22nd, & 23rd, between the hours of 7pm & 11pm.

The mandatory criteria is.....

1) The Main Event at 8pm each of the three evenings. Cost will be met by Sky Poker, & NOT from your Bankroll.

2) A minimum of 6 (SIX) hours Cash Games in total over the three nights, at ANY level you wish.

3) A Round-Robin format SNG played one leg per night. (The Rail for these will be MASSIVE!. Hopefully, these may get shown on the Channel at some stage). The cost of these SNG's will be met by Sky Poker, & will NOT come from your Bankroll. The Draw for these SNG's was done Live on last night's Show, but I don't have it to hand right now.

4) Over & above those three mandatory criteria, TP-ers can, if they so wish, play anything they so desire in the designated time-window over the three evenings. This option is not mandatory, but if the TP-ers think it may enhance their TP chances, they are free so to do.

Edit, 16th February, 09.45 - Dates Amended.
  • edited February 2010

I don't have all the dates & details to hand right now, & as it's Sunday, the office is Suit-Less. But some dates have changed, & the "Final" Show will now be on March 20th.

Here is a rough outline of dates.

W/C 15th February - Rest Week.

W/C 22nd February - the 3 Teams of 3 will reduce to 3 teams of 2.

W/c 1st March - the 3 Teams of 2 will reduce to 3 "Teams" of 1.

W/c 15th March - the Voting concludes, & the TOTAL PLAYER will be chosen & announced.

These dates are unofficial, but they are my understanding of what's what.
  • edited February 2010

Here is a suggestion for all the nine Total Players -

why not set up a ten seater SNG each night with the 10th seat being taken by one of the mentors each night?
    This could be done at whatever level, maybe a £2 or £5 NLH table. This would make great viewing to see all of them on the same table making their  plays and moves and the chat box would no doubt be smoking with banter and railers alike. This is just a suggestion and I think it will be a nice distraction from the pressure of the next stage of the boot camp.

What does everybody think of this?. If it is a non starter, fair enough but I thought I would put it forward anyway.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Without trying to read too much into this, your comment suggests there will be another total player competition next year???
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Sky-Des would, & might yet, answer that question better than me.

But in plain English, "what it says on the tin", I'm pretty sure they are considering it.

If it's proves to be a success, however you may judge it, then it would make sense to repeat the exercise. 

What I can say for deffo is that it has been a learning experience for everyone, both sides of the Table, & nobody would suggest they got it 100% right this time. But all lessons learned would be incorporated into TP II, if indeed it ever happens.

But for now, let's savour this one.

On a personal note, the Community spirit & kinship betweeen the TP-ers, the Teams, & the whole site, has been a thing of beauty. I feel like a bit of a spare part on the TP Shows at times, sitting there quietly instead of blathering away as per normal, but I've loved every single minute of it, & would not have missed it for the world. It's one of the best things I've been involved in at Sky Poker, & I'm in my 4th year here now.

And it's not reached it's climax yet.

Happiness & heartache a-plenty lie ahead.
  • edited February 2010
    Here is another suggestion, which, I am sure, will be very well received.
    Why not sit Yipeeyapee on a HU table for 4 hours every night and have the other 8 TPrs take him on in sequence 1 hour at a time? That should keep him busy!!
  • edited February 2010
    I don't have all the dates & details to hand right now, & as it's Sunday, the office is Suit-Less. But some dates have changed, & the "Final" Show will now be on March 20th. Here is a rough outline of dates. W/C 15th February - Rest Week. W/C 22nd February - the 3 Teams of 3 will reduce to 3 teams of 2. W/c 1st March - the 3 Teams of 2 will reduce to 3 "Teams" of 1. W/c 15th March - the Voting concludes, & the TOTAL PLAYER will be chosen & announced. These dates are unofficial, but they are my understanding of what's what.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think some thought has gone into this nice to see the final TP night will no longer clash with the SPT Luton date well done
  • edited February 2010
    Gd luck to the three that got through. On reflection Jackally and i are in a good position poker wise outsite TP, so i think its a good thing that the smaller players have a chance to climb the stakes and make it in the game they love, and with a mentor like tuckman they have a great opportunity to improve their games. oh and unlucky dilan, also would have been great for you, but only three can go through ;-(

I would also like to say i am setting myself a little challenge on sky poker. rather than redepositing, i have around £280 in my account and i am going to try to build that to 10k in 3 months. i am going to be building quite aggressively so it will be a sharp boom or bust.

see you at the tables.
  • edited February 2010
    Total Player next round announced:  Total Player
  • edited February 2010
    Total Player next round announced:  Total Player
    Posted by Machka
    wow that doh has a good singing voice !
  • edited February 2010
    Hi,
    Tikay, could you let me/others know what the round robin involves, In a group of 3, does that mean we play each other 3 handed, i'm kind of lost.
    thanks Jac
  • edited February 2010
    Hi, Tikay, could you let me/others know what the round robin involves, In a group of 3, does that mean we play each other 3 handed, i'm kind of lost. thanks Jac
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE
    On 1 day ur group of 3 plays my group of 3 (6 handed sng) whilst the other group dont play vs us, the next day ur group plays the other group (6 handed sng) while my group doesnt play u lot, the other day my 3 play the other 3 (6 handed sng) whilst ur group doesnt play 
  • edited February 2010
    Here is a suggestion for all the nine Total Players - why not set up a ten seater SNG each night with the 10th seat being taken by one of the mentors each night? This could be done at whatever level, maybe a £2 or £5 NLH table. This would make great viewing to see all of them on the same table making their  plays and moves and the chat box would no doubt be smoking with banter and railers alike. This is just a suggestion and I think it will be a nice distraction from the pressure of the next stage of the boot camp. What does everybody think of this?. If it is a non starter, fair enough but I thought I would put it forward anyway.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    this sounds great mate, entertaining and for myself very educational.
  • edited February 2010
    Here is a suggestion for all the nine Total Players - why not set up a ten seater SNG each night with the 10th seat being taken by one of the mentors each night? This could be done at whatever level, maybe a £2 or £5 NLH table. This would make great viewing to see all of them on the same table making their  plays and moves and the chat box would no doubt be smoking with banter and railers alike. This is just a suggestion and I think it will be a nice distraction from the pressure of the next stage of the boot camp. What does everybody think of this?. If it is a non starter, fair enough but I thought I would put it forward anyway.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi,
    I think this is a great idea and would make great viewing.
    Meanwhile congratulations to all that got through and commiserstions to those that did'nt.Well played all.
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by MAXALLY
    this is a great idea ,

why dont  you throw a thread up in forum ,

and we will have a vote to see if the punters are interested ,

your irish m8 rover !
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks Phil, Does that mean we should soft play each other in our group, is it a double or nothing where we want the 3 on our team to cash??
  • edited February 2010
    Your aim is to win.  The groupings are just to ensure everyone plays everyone else.
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks Phil, Does that mean we should soft play each other in our group, is it a double or nothing where we want the 3 on our team to cash??
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE
    In 2 Saturday's time, ur mentor will cut ur team of 3 to 2 players.  With the aim to win this competition, u don't want to be slow playing anyone..........especially ur own team competition.  Every player for themselves and may the best man (or Naomi) win :)
  • edited February 2010
    Total Player takes a one week break now, although there will be a TP Show this Saturday. When they return, on Monday 22nd February, they begin Boot-Camp Stage 2. The criteria is below - all TP-ers should read this carefully, & if in doubt, speak to your Mentors, or shoot a question on this Thread. The nights & times are as before - Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, 22nd, 23rd & 24th, between the hours of 7pm & 11pm.   The mandatory criteria is..... 1) The Main Event at 8pm each of the three evenings. Cost will be met by Sky Poker, & NOT from your Bankroll. 2) A minimum of 6 (SIX) hours Cash Games in total over the three nights, at ANY level you wish. 3) A Round-Robin format SNG played one leg per night. (The Rail for these will be MASSIVE!. Hopefully, these may get shown on the Channel at some stage). The cost of these SNG's will be met by Sky Poker, & will NOT come from your Bankroll. The Draw for these SNG's was done Live on last night's Show, but I don't have it to hand right now. 4) Over & above those three mandatory criteria, TP-ers can, if they so wish, play anything they so desire in the designated time-window over the three evenings. This option is not mandatory, but if the TP-ers think it may enhance their TP chances, they are free so to do.
    Posted by Tikay10
    TK, Can you please get someone to confirm dates. My email states that we start on Sunday the 21st but your post above states Monday 22nd. I'm confused!!!!!

GB
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Laying Down the Challenge:
    I just want to issue a challenge to all fellow Total Players. I WANT TO PLAY YOU HU. I'll be sitting and i'll be waiting on the nights Phase 2 begins. 
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE
    I am happy to take up the challenge if we play at least 3 tables for min 2hrs.

Been away for the weekend and condolences for those who did not make it- i know what great playerss jakally and keysa are from playing them loads and sure they will carry on playing good poker. And a big well done to those who did make it;  I look forward to the next round and being up against u all.  Its going to get even more exciting for u viewers.  Personally i am shaking in anticipation :)

XXX
  • edited February 2010
    to confirm i mean 3 tables at once, and time slot in one solid frame, not split up.
    X