You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Wp and congratz to all 3 who went through this week! Commiserations to Jakally, Keyza, Dylan. Have had the pleasure of playing both Keyza and Jakally on many occasions and I can tell you now, they are more than good enough to of made it through to the next stage unlucky both!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : TK, Can you please get someone to confirm dates. My email states that we start on Sunday the 21st but your post above states Monday 22nd. I'm confused!!!!! GB
    Posted by GliterBabe
    You may well be correct there Wayne, I may have got those dates wrong.

I'll confirm them one way or another tomorrow (Tuesday), but I have a hunch you are correct, & I boo-boo'd.

For sure, if your e-Mail says Sunday 21st, then that would be correct, but as I've put dates - possibly incorrect - on the Thread, I'll correct/clarify them tomorrow.

Apologies for the confusiion.
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks Phil, Does that mean we should soft play each other in our group, is it a double or nothing where we want the 3 on our team to cash??
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE

Err - NO!

You will damage your TP chances greatly if you do.

It's not a Team Game, you should go all out for the personal win.

Good Luck.
  • edited February 2010
    Sweet, Sparce I think it'll be good for the competition and show on the saturday!
  • edited February 2010
    just a quick one to sparce, do you want to mix it up with an omaha table aswell as nlhe,
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : TK, Can you please get someone to confirm dates. My email states that we start on Sunday the 21st but your post above states Monday 22nd. I'm confused!!!!! GB
    Posted by GliterBabe
    Hi Wayne,

It was me that was confused, not you - I simply typed in the incorrect dates, my sincere apologies.

The correct dates should have been Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday, 21st, 22nd, & 23rd, that's THIS COMING Sunday as the first of the three days.

I have now Edited my original Post, & I hope all the TP-ers have noted the correct date. As I understand it, they all received an e-Mail from 'Ling with the CORRECT date on.

Once again, my bad, & I'm sorry for the confusion I may have caused.

• edited February 2010
    No problem TK, totally understand my 90 year old granddad suffers the same symptom's lol..

Its all good just wanted to check, cant wait to get started.

GB
  • edited February 2010

So we will play the Primo?
  • edited February 2010
    Gd luck to the three that got through. On reflection Jackally and i are in a good position poker wise outsite TP, so i think its a good thing that the smaller players have a chance to climb the stakes and make it in the game they love, and with a mentor like tuckman they have a great opportunity to improve their games. oh and unlucky dilan, also would have been great for you, but only three can go through ;-(   I would also like to say i am setting myself a little challenge on sky poker. rather than redepositing, i have around £280 in my account and i am going to try to build that to 10k in 3 months. i am going to be building quite aggressively so it will be a sharp boom or bust. see you at the tables.
    Posted by Keysasoze6
    I love it Keyser....fantastic idea!!!!  Thanks for the kind words - The adulation goes both ways. You're a very good player and you made the decision extremely difficult. I'm glad we've met and hopefully, we can talk poker sometime soon...

oh and I'll see your *** in Vegas Baby!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    So we will play the Primo?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I guess so JJ, yes, but you will have had an e-Mail or 'phone call from 'Ling, & whatever that says is what it is. I don't make or apply the Rules, I just try to explain them for the benefit of all - more for the non-TPers than anything, as of course they don't get the e-Mails.

Good Luck on next week!
  • edited February 2010
    Hello Peeps, Hope all the TPers are looking forward to sunday as much as me. Could someone please let us know what the structure will be for the SNGs, I know we have the groupings now, and I assume from the information given we will play 2 each? However is that over the 3 nights or is that 2 per night? 2 over 3 nights isnt alot, I personally would like to see maybe 1 x 9 seater on day 3 with all of us in, with a winner takes all prize? maybe if the other Tpers would also like this sky could arrange this, I know something like this was previously suggested in the thread? I know the current SNGs are not being taken out of our BR, but I would be more than happy to maybe pay for the 10 seater, maybe a £10 or £20 buy in , nothing huge, just thought this would be a nice end to phase 2 with something like this, can the other TPers leave their thoughts please and if all 9 like this idea, Ill forward this to sky.
    Thanks all
    Naomi.
  • edited February 2010
    Sounds good 2 me sharky!

Oh and we'll play 2 sngs all together over the 3 nights, so you'll have 1 night off. Fink they start at 7.
  • edited February 2010
    Sounds good 2 me sharky! Oh and we'll play 2 sngs all together over the 3 nights, so you'll have 1 night off. Fink they start at 7.
    Posted by dantb10
    Cool Thanks Dan, So that would work then if we had an 830pm start of this nine seater on wed night? so 2 of us are in, awaiting 7 more thoughts...
  • edited February 2010
    I cant see why not?

We could always all just register 4 a 10 seater and then let someone else from the community have the 10th seat?

Would be good for some one to take us all down!
  • edited February 2010

'Ling is just getting clarification on the structure of the SNG's, & then either 'Ling or myself will reply to all of Naomi's Post.

Just bear with us please.
  • edited February 2010
    I cant see why not? We could always all just register 4 a 10 seater and then let someone else from the community have the 10th seat? Would be good for some one to take us all down!
    Posted by dantb10
    Thats an awsome idea, however can you imagine how many would try and register for it at once, would be a little unfair for the ones that didnt get in... Hmmm! Lets see what Sky say, they are probably not thanking me giving them another headache lol.
     Thanks Tikay, Ill keep a watchful eye on the thread this morning.
  • edited February 2010
    I'll def be up for a 10 seater sng........... or we could expand a bit more and play a 12 seater, 2 table sng which allows 3 others to join.  As Dan said, I took it that we play the sngs over the 3 days so we play on 2 of the days and have the other day to do what we like.
  • edited February 2010
    I'll def be up for a 10 seater sng........... or we could expand a bit more and play a 12 seater, 2 table sng which allows 3 others to join.  As Dan said, I took it that we play the sngs over the 3 days so we play on 2 of the days and have the other day to do what we like.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Correct....BUT

The "other day" - the spare day - is not the same for all of you. So you don't all have the same "spare" night.
  • edited February 2010

The "extra" Sit & Go which you are proposing, & seems to be finding favour with those who have thus far responded.

As far as Boot-Camp Phase 2 is concerned, it would be inappropriate to change or amend the format or rules at this stage, unless it were due to dire or unforseen circumstances.

But......remember that in Phase 2, all TP-ers are required to meet the mandatory criteria of Cash play, Main Events, & Round-Robin SNG's. And assuming they do those things, they can do whatever else they want during the three evenings.

So, if you wanted, amongst yourselves, to play an all-TP SNG, there is nothing to stop you.

It would require, to enable it to happen, a password-locked SNG to be set up, & the Password made available ONLY to the TP-ers. If you wanted to allow a 10th player from the Community, as was suggested, same thing applies, he or she would be given the Password.

I'm sure that Bernie or Adam could facilitate that, if that's what the TP-ers as a whole wished, a sort of "Private Tourney", but no TP-er could be "forced" to play it.

You'd need to be careful when you play it though. It may be unfair to run it on any of the 3 TP nights, as some - but not all - of the TP-ers will be doing their Round-Robin that night.

Alternatively, you could do it on a non-TP night - Wednesday for example - using, perhaps, your non-TP accounts.

I'm afraid it could NOT be shown on the Channel though, as they can only show 6 seaters. I believe the 6 seater Round-Robin SNG's WILL be shown, though.

Sorry to put so many obstacles & ifs & buts up, but these things are never quite as simple as they may seem at first sight.

It was a great idea by Naomi though, & maybe it's something the TP Organisers will take on board for "the future".....;)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Correct....BUT The "other day" - the spare day - is not the same for all of you. So you don't all have the same "spare" night.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Huh? I thought it was the 8pm mtt daily, 6 hours cash and the 2 x sngs vs other TP'ers. Other than that we were free to do what we felt was best suited to help us advance in the comp...........or have I missed something?
  • edited February 2010
    The "extra" Sit & Go which you are proposing, & seems to be finding favour with those who have thus far responded. As far as Boot-Camp Phase 2 is concerned, it would be inappropriate to change or amend the format or rules at this stage, unless it were due to dire or unforseen circumstances. But......remember that in Phase 2, all TP-ers are required to meet the mandatory criteria of Cash play, Main Events, & Round-Robin SNG's. And assuming they do those things, they can do whatever else they want during the three evenings . So, if you wanted, amongst yourselves, to play an all-TP SNG, there is nothing to stop you. It would require, to enable it to happen, a password-locked SNG to be set up, & the Password made available ONLY to the TP-ers. If you wanted to allow a 10th player from the Community, as was suggested, same thing applies, he or she would be given the Password. I'm sure that Bernie or Adam could facilitate that, if that's what the TP-ers as a whole wished, a sort of "Private Tourney", but no TP-er could be "forced" to play it. You'd need to be careful when you play it though. It may be unfair to run it on any of the 3 TP nights, as some - but not all - of the TP-ers will be doing their Round-Robin that night. Alternatively, you could do it on a non-TP night - Wednesday for example - using, perhaps, your non-TP accounts. I'm afraid it could NOT be shown on the Channel though, as they can only show 6 seaters. I believe the 6 seater Round-Robin SNG's WILL be shown, though. Sorry to put so many obstacles & ifs & buts up, but these things are never quite as simple as they may seem at first sight. It was a great idea by Naomi though, & maybe it's something the TP Organisers will take on board for "the future".....;)
    Posted by Tikay10

Ahah - message crossover........... I'm up for the sng whenever everyone else wants to play it.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Huh? I thought it was the 8pm mtt daily, 6 hours cash and the 2 x sngs vs other TP'ers. Other than that we were free to do what we felt was best suited to help us advance in the comp...........or have I missed something?
    Posted by phil12uk
    You have had  - or will have - an eMail or 'phone call from 'Ling as to how the Round-Robin SNG's work.
  • edited February 2010
    I cant see why not? We could always all just register 4 a 10 seater and then let someone else from the community have the 10th seat? Would be good for some one to take us all down!
    Posted by dantb10
    I did suggest this earlier in this thread but only got a response off a couple of forum users. As i didn't get ANY feedback off any of the TP's or even TK or any of the mentors, I did not pursue the idea.
  • edited February 2010
    The "extra" Sit & Go which you are proposing, & seems to be finding favour with those who have thus far responded. As far as Boot-Camp Phase 2 is concerned, it would be inappropriate to change or amend the format or rules at this stage, unless it were due to dire or unforseen circumstances. But......remember that in Phase 2, all TP-ers are required to meet the mandatory criteria of Cash play, Main Events, & Round-Robin SNG's. And assuming they do those things, they can do whatever else they want during the three evenings . So, if you wanted, amongst yourselves, to play an all-TP SNG, there is nothing to stop you. It would require, to enable it to happen, a password-locked SNG to be set up, & the Password made available ONLY to the TP-ers. If you wanted to allow a 10th player from the Community, as was suggested, same thing applies, he or she would be given the Password. I'm sure that Bernie or Adam could facilitate that, if that's what the TP-ers as a whole wished, a sort of "Private Tourney", but no TP-er could be "forced" to play it. You'd need to be careful when you play it though. It may be unfair to run it on any of the 3 TP nights, as some - but not all - of the TP-ers will be doing their Round-Robin that night. Alternatively, you could do it on a non-TP night - Wednesday for example - using, perhaps, your non-TP accounts. I'm afraid it could NOT be shown on the Channel though, as they can only show 6 seaters. I believe the 6 seater Round-Robin SNG's WILL be shown, though. Sorry to put so many obstacles & ifs & buts up, but these things are never quite as simple as they may seem at first sight. It was a great idea by Naomi though, & maybe it's something the TP Organisers will take on board for "the future".....;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok thanks Tikay, thats great. Just spoken to Ling, We discussed maybe doing this particular SNG on the wednesday evening so not to interfere with the 3 TP nights. So lets see who else is interested :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I did suggest this earlier in this thread but only got a response off a couple of forum users. As i didn't get ANY feedback off any of the TP's or even TK or any of the mentors, I did not pursue the idea.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Max,

It's not my position - it would be very wrong in fact - for me to suggest or imply what the TP-ers might or might not do, I need to stay very neutral.

This morning I was obliged to respond on thread, as the question was asked by several TP-ers, - but the answer, as you will have seen, it not quite as easy as it might seem. I was able to "swerve" your question, but once the TP-ers started asking, I kinda had to explain the ins & outs of it. Hence the painfully long reply from me earlier!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Ok thanks Tikay, thats great. Just spoken to Ling, We discussed maybe doing this particular SNG on the wednesday evening so not to interfere with the 3 TP nights. So lets see who else is interested :)
    Posted by Sharksbite
    You're most welcome Naomi, & I hope it all makes sense now - it was quite a complex thing to explain. 'Ling has clearly come to my rescue & sorted it all out with you by 'phone, & that's so much better, & "correct".
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Thats an awsome idea, however can you imagine how many would try and register for it at once, would be a little unfair for the ones that didnt get in... Hmmm! Lets see what Sky say, they are probably not thanking me giving them another headache lol.  Thanks Tikay, Ill keep a watchful eye on the thread this morning.
    Posted by Sharksbite
    Surely BIG BLUSTER should be the tenth player so he can take down those "wimpy cash players" that have been dodging him during his(very) short appearances at the cash tables.
  • edited February 2010
    Hope all the TPers can make this happen - expect a massive railing If It does!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi Max, It's not my position - it would be very wrong in fact - for me to suggest or imply what the TP-ers might or might not do, I need to stay very neutral. This morning I was obliged to respond on thread, as the question was asked by several TP-ers, - but the answer, as you will have seen, it not quite as easy as it might seem. I was able to "swerve" your question, but once the TP-ers started asking, I kinda had to explain the ins & outs of it. Hence the painfully long reply from me earlier!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Fair Comment TK
    It just felt like this thread was only being used for the TP's questions and or answers when in fact it is a general forum thread and us little people should be heard every now and again. Rant over.
    Thank you once again for your clarification on this matter.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Fair Comment TK It just felt like this thread was only being used for the TP's questions and or answers when in fact it is a general forum thread and us little people should be heard every now and again. Rant over. Thank you once again for your clarification on this matter.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Abso-100%-lutely, though I think "us little people" is not really fair.

My time on this Thread really is for the NON TP-ers, as the TP-ers should deal direct with Ling, or their Mentor if they have queries or questions. I just Post on here to communicate with the "regular" Community Members. I did not respond to your question originally because I have to be careful not to "lead the witness" as they say in legalese.

That apart, I try to answer all questions on here from everybody. I'm sorry if it seemed otherwise.