You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    OK, Im typing this while still playing.

Cash - again I havent played too much on it and lost a couple hands to end -£16. 

SNG - played 2 games tonight and cashed in £33 game and bubbled in £22 game!! +£5 

(SNG results over 2 days is 5/6 cashes )

I focussed tonight on MTT's and played well and went deep in a few - money tended to go in good and get outdrawn but cant complain. Cashed in the 8pm main event and felt good throughout.

Still in £120 guaranteed MTT as I write this and in final 4.............fingers crossed!!

BR a disappointing £514 so up overall but down for night.
  • edited February 2010
    WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel relieved as it showed that getting in ahead will pay off long term!

£40 1st prize gets me back to a br of £557 so only £7 down for day which I'm elated by due to the high varience of mtts and the harshness of the cards tonight!
  • edited February 2010

Finished 9th out of 119 in the 10.30pm BH, but at least cashed in a tourney.
    Down to 10 was pretty sick as 3 CL's, with 150K+ out of 240k in play, were all on my table.

Played solid tho, and ran a bit better. 

Std exit, TT v QQ with 11 BB's left.

Thx to Ben for the rail.

I think my Bankroll is now £581 but may be a bit out - seems a bit slow updating.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Just experimenting here with some footage of my first 8 mins of my total player experience. can be found : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLdVe80gDVw Just wondering if u can see hole cards, hear audio?  It really annoys me with zooming in, will try to figure out how to stop that. And i wasnt really discussing much - may be an idea to record audio after the games. Any suggestions/comments r great ty. XXX
    Posted by Sparce
    I got sound but very low.  Also, you need to turn off the zoom option on (i presume) Camtasia.
  • edited February 2010

Right here we go again!!

Another bad night with the cards, I sound like a broken record i know!!
    Played 4 DYM's and 1 HU - lost the HU, won 3 DYM's and lost 1, played really patiently in these and thought I would win all of my DYM's but unfortunatley my KK could not withstand the power of AQ.

Played a bit of cash, played two tables, one for an hour and another one for half an hour. Doubled up on one table to over £100, Had 77, guy had 1010 - flop 568, villain bets out, i call, turn 7, he bets out I go all in and river is a 5, Full house great stuff - then the abuse begins - "you are a ****" "Call yourself a TP player you are ****" Well that was nice to hear  sorry for the suckout but it happens I thought!! Anyway moving on from that - lost a bit of money from my AK - flop k x x (low cards and rainbow) he bets out I reraise, he goes all in, I call - wps - ran into AA, my fault!! Left cash with a profit but I have no idea how much!!

MTT's
    Played the 8pm tourney, I had A10 villain had AJ - flop A10J, didn't believe he had KQ so went all in, wps again!! Oh well, best hand won.

Played the £1000GTD, I think I was the bubble guy - had KK other guy had 66, flop 6xx, end of my tourney, but I have to say that I am still pleased with that result even though I didn't cash, earlier I took some big hits but also made some great laydowns out of position I believe, I would have been out a lot earlier had I not been patient and built my stack up slowly, having again folded a lot of hands along the way, I played aggresive when I needed to top my stack up and that kept me going until the KK incident!! T one point I was 99/100 then 87/88 then 60/60, so it didn't look good but still managed a good placing.

Played the £1500 BH, just missed out on the cash again when I ran AcJc into Mr Big stack sitting there with AK, gg, no complaints.

Played the £300BH, out early ish, I had AK again, board read K 10 x - I C bet in position, guy tanks it - I call hoping not to see that he called my pre flop raise with k10 - nope it was MR Ace and Mrs Ace again taking a stroll on to the poker table, gg best hand won.

Bank roll now stands at £474.45

Here's hoping for a better run tommorrow.

P.S Well done to Phil and Dohx7 for going deep in the open, and from what I see all you fellow TPers have had a good night, wd guys!!

Cheers

Dylan

• edited February 2010

Well done to all total players :) i would love to come rail you all on the tables but unfortunatly im a bit low on funds :P the fact im 18 and unemployed dosnt help the matter haha, DOHH you make me laugh some of the stuff you write haha :L was watchin dylan when he won primo a few weeks back vwp :) and nutter i have scoped you ;) some nice winnings you have :P:P

Good luck to all total players =]

• edited February 2010
    Well done to all total players :)i would love to come rail you all on the tables but unfortunatly im a bit low on funds :P the fact im 18 and unemployed dosnt help the matter haha, DOHH you make me laugh some of the stuff you write haha :L was watchin dylan when he won primo a few weeks back vwp :) and nutter i have scoped you ;) some nice winnings you have :P:P Good luck to all total players =]
    Posted by murray69
    you can still watch the players without playing yourself...
  • edited February 2010
    Just finished up and grabbed a snack :):)

Tonight was very frustrating but atleast i show a small profit as you will see below.

DYM - 8 / 11 for +96

Hu Sng - 4/7 for +16.25
    Mtt - 1/7 for - - 17
    Cash - Played for about 3 hour on one table couldn't get anything going - 34

Total for night is + 60 roughly

My roll now stand at £725.50 however.

So my thoughts on the night -

DYMs improved alot but lost two at the very end through stupidity and 7 tabling trying to cram loads in :(. My heads up game tonight was pretty solid i just lost some unfortunate pots which swung games but overall happy with it.

MTT wise - I only cashed in one tonight but came 2nd for 45 quid ish right at the end. Shameit was only a £5.50 buy-in as the ones i didnt cash in was £11s so it hampered my profit thier alot. Cash oretty much the same as last night just couldn't get anything going and ran a set into set once and ended up losing 30 quid. Allmy requirements are now done and tomorrow i can play as i wish :) probably no more cash and less tables !

Good luck to the others tomorrow and well done tonight.
  • edited February 2010
    well done all tonight,I came across both phill and nutter tonight on the tables both looked very solid to me,and by the way phil "what's that star for" lol. good look tomorrow or actually later today to all ...  fin.
  • edited February 2010

Great reports by all the TP boys, thanks. I was "otherwise engaged" last night, in the TKO thing, so never got to Rail the TP-ers.

Note several said "what fun this is" - gotta agree, this is a fabulous concept, & I hope they repeat it, & if they do, they can "tweak it" in the light of how this one goes.

7pm tonight, same time, same place.

Who'd be David Tuckman on Saturday night?
  • edited February 2010
    Ughhhhh just bust the BH, trying my new strategy of weird raise amounts! Blinds 100/200, raise 567, called, Flop top 2, Bet 789, called, Turn - just shove it, He snaps with the nuts, having called with a gut shot and 2 overs, Oh well nvm.   ( 3 T J,     Q...)  Onto my account to play my new fave game HU SNG!!!! :) Great fun this TP thing - last night was a different type of fun, coping with the nerves etc, today, had fun "freeing my arms" so to speak, loving every minute! DOHH
    Posted by TP_Dohhhh
    HU SNG - I would have thought that was THE perfect format for you - you'd crush it!

Delighted to hear you are having fun. Enjoy tonight!
  • edited February 2010
    Right here we go again!! Another bad night with the cards, I sound like a broken record i know!! Played 4 DYM's and 1 HU - lost the HU, won 3 DYM's and lost 1, played really patiently in these and thought I would win all of my DYM's but unfortunatley my KK could not withstand the power of AQ. Played a bit of cash, played two tables, one for an hour and another one for half an hour. Doubled up on one table to over £100, Had 77, guy had 1010 - flop 568, villain bets out, i call, turn 7, he bets out I go all in and river is a 5, Full house great stuff - then the abuse begins - "you are a ****" "Call yourself a TP player you are ****" Well that was nice to hear  sorry for the suckout but it happens I thought!! Anyway moving on from that - lost a bit of money from my AK - flop k x x (low cards and rainbow) he bets out I reraise, he goes all in, I call - wps - ran into AA, my fault!! Left cash with a profit but I have no idea how much!! MTT's Played the 8pm tourney, I had A10 villain had AJ - flop A10J, didn't believe he had KQ so went all in, wps again!! Oh well, best hand won. Played the £1000GTD, I think I was the bubble guy - had KK other guy had 66, flop 6xx, end of my tourney, but I have to say that I am still pleased with that result even though I didn't cash, earlier I took some big hits but also made some great laydowns out of position I believe, I would have been out a lot earlier had I not been patient and built my stack up slowly, having again folded a lot of hands along the way, I played aggresive when I needed to top my stack up and that kept me going until the KK incident!! T one point I was 99/100 then 87/88 then 60/60, so it didn't look good but still managed a good placing. Played the £1500 BH, just missed out on the cash again when I ran AcJc into Mr Big stack sitting there with AK, gg, no complaints. Played the £300BH, out early ish, I had AK again, board read K 10 x - I C bet in position, guy tanks it - I call hoping not to see that he called my pre flop raise with k10 - nope it was MR Ace and Mrs Ace again taking a stroll on to the poker table, gg best hand won. Bank roll now stands at £474.45 Here's hoping for a better run tommorrow. P.S Well done to Phil and Dohx7 for going deep in the open, and from what I see all you fellow TPers have had a good night, wd guys!! Cheers Dylan
    Posted by TP_Dylan12

Forget "form" Dylan - David will be looking beyond "form", don't worry. Just play your game.
  • edited February 2010
    WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel relieved as it showed that getting in ahead will pay off long term! £40 1st prize gets me back to a br of £557 so only £7 down for day which I'm elated by due to the high varience of mtts and the harshness of the cards tonight!
    Posted by TP_Phil12
    Nice result Phil!
  • edited February 2010

Excellent reports by Old Jakally & Young Nutter - the former is old enough to be Nutter's Grandad!

To all the TP-ers, these daily Reports are VERY important, keep them coming please, the Thread is getting VERY high traffic levels.

• edited February 2010
    Some great results so far from Team Tuckman really impressive wellplayed all!
  • edited February 2010
    Hello everyone,

Firstly thanks to all the support at the tables, means a lot that people care.
    As you know from my first report My bank role was at a worrying £380 odd.
    I went into day 2 with total confidence that i would turn it round.

STT

In the Sit and go section, which when i normally play poker i rarely play. the game which i am a little bit addicted to is the winner takes all 4 player HU match, so i have to beat two players in a row and i quadruple my money. Sounds easy right? espescially when i play with my own money i play a lot of Heads up cash. I can safely say it is not easy. I think i have won one out of four (lol) they are a lot of fun, but the first match always seems like a long slog, the blinds seem to go up quite slowly, and the second match your starting chips are doubled but the blinds start at a higher level. But after you have battled in the first game you just want the game over, and i was playing over aggressive in the second game. The other thing is, for a £10 sit and go, the players were actually pretty good, better than some players i have played at £2.5/5 cash. no joke.

Cash

In Cash obviously this is my most likely place to profit, as Mr Tuckman said its not how much you earn its the way you play. But hanging in the back of your head is the fact losing money at a game you are supposed to be good at doesn't exactly look good. So today i wanted to recoup money and play good at the same time. I played two 10p/20p HU tables and took both players for a tidy sum probably around 3 buy ins or so. which felt good   ;-). Then moved to the nosebleed 25p/50p stakes one Heads up table and one ring game both successful HU table took a buy in. in the ring game there was a particular hand, i don't know the number but i hope it is shown.

The hand

i was holding A6 suited was an unraised family pot. the flop came A 6 J with two suited cards. I was second to act and bet pot £3, the guy behind me flats next player folds then other player raised to £8. With the flush draw out there, the easy option is to think he has a flush draw. But that is not always the case. What beats me in this situation? as the pot was unraised its impossible to put him on AA or JJ. so likely hands are A6 AJ or 66 or some kind of strong draw, although my hand is strong, its the weakest of the strong hands. my first thought was to fold but as the pot size was now £17 and it was £5 for me to call to see a turn, i called to see what he did on the turn and i decided if he bet big (protecting his hand) i was going to let it go. The turn brought a lovely looking Ace. which meant i was only beaten (realistically) by one hand AJ and as i think with AJ the player is likely to have raised pre flop, i figured he now must have a draw or 666. and the most profitable play was to just call a bet on the turn because if he has a house 666AA i can shove the river looking like i was drawing to a flush etc and have missed and trying to buy the pot and get paid. and on the other hand if he is drawing he may bluff the river but will unlikely call a turn shove with a draw with the paired board. sure Enough the hand played out that way and the player was holding 666. I got massively lucky on the turn but i didn't play it bad, when the money went in i was miles ahead.

MTTS

Now for MTTs, i played two MTTs neither i was really impressed with my play. i played the one sky auto buys us in and i played a deepstack which good 'old' glitterbabe (hehe) recommended i play in. i preferred the structure of this tournament gave us more time to play. i played pretty good nothing special, and after an outdraw i was crippled, but did manage to final table. When i play tournaments usually, i only play one table. when i play cash it is standard for me to go into bot mode and 8 table. but tournaments i play only one or 2 maximum. because i like to pay total attention to the players around me and get as much information, on hand ranges whose the fish etc. i think this is essential in tournament play. infact when ever i have won a tournament i have only had that table open and not a cash game on the side. because you are missing so much information when multi tabling. and in tournaments every pot every steal and every edge counts

General

Tonight I am going to play two tournaments only and try to win one or get deep, as i am disappointed with my achievement in them so far.

My Bank role is now healthy at £602.63 so was a nice turn-around from day one. please find me a bank you can earn 20% on your money in two days. i feel i have proved myself now in cash, and would like to show i can MTT too. I will admit now My STT play is terrible, and really needs a lot of work.

See you at the tables ;-)
  • edited February 2010
    Really nice, in depth post, Keysa ... interesting to read.

I have to say, I've been lurking on this thread for a long time, and have loved seeing the "end-of-day results" posts of the participants, and reading them evaluating their play. Fantastic stuff.

Good luck to you all for tonight!
  • edited February 2010
    Really nice, in depth post, Keysa ... interesting to read. I have to say, I've been lurking on this thread for a long time, and have loved seeing the "end-of-day results" posts of the participants, and reading them evaluating their play. Fantastic stuff. Good luck to you all for tonight!
    Posted by Springs
    Thanks bud
  • edited February 2010

Good Luck to all the TP Lads tonight!
  • edited February 2010
    gl all tonight !

• edited February 2010

In the tikay Sleepie, at 7pm, I started off sitting right between TP_Keysa & TP_Nutter!

I tried to nick Ben's Blinds with J-8, but someone else got involved, pah!

Both are stilll going nicely, but I've been moved off their Table now.
  • edited February 2010
    Good start tonight :)

Cashed in £33 and £22 DYM and left cash table £30 up.  £75 profit so far......................
  • edited February 2010
    In the tikay Sleepie, at 7pm, I started off sitting right between TP_Keysa & TP_Nutter! I tried to nick Ben's Blinds with J-8, but someone else got involved, pah! Both are stilll going nicely, but I've been moved off their Table now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    goot

youve got to love a flopped flush cooler
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : goot youve got to love a flopped flush cooler
    Posted by TP_Keysa
    The A-3 unsuited v J-6 off v your Floppd Flush - I don't recall seing a more brutal & odd hand!
    And you get all of A-3 mans chips if J-6 man was not there!

What a weird hand!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : The A-3 unsuited v J-6 off v your Floppd Flush - I don't recall seing a more brutal & odd hand! And you get all of A-3 mans chips if J-6 man was not there! What a weird hand!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Brutal, been in a few tricky hands in your tournament. would be interesting to watch it. what day and time is it on?

Im still in Just about ;-)
  • edited February 2010

Top 10 in the tikay Sleepie with 16 left.......The TP-ers are KILLING IT!

TP_Nutter27257.50
    TP_Keysa18877.82
    MADPATDOTC17642.50
    goodylad2116845
    tikay110955
    RyanRio1159917.50
    FIELDY19789895
    DrDolittle8935
    jimbo318145
    oneil108015
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Brutal, been in a few tricky hands in your tournament. would be interesting to watch it. what day and time is it on? Im still in Just about ;-)
    Posted by TP_Keysa
    Brutal indeed - that's why I sit-out the early stages of these Tourneys! Wait for the Bish-Bash Boys to finish dancing!

I'm afraid the Tourney will NOT be shown on 865, they cannot show 10 seaters. I noted it had a TV Icon against it in the Lobby, but that was a typo, sorry.

Anyway, you seem to be in Cruise Mode now! Be good to see you & Ben get it Heads-Up.

Good Luck.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Brutal indeed - that's why I sit-out the early stages of these Tourneys! Wait for the Bish-Bash Boys to finish dancing! I'm afraid the Tourney will NOT be shown on 865, they cannot show 10 seaters. I noted it had a TV Icon against it in the Lobby, but that was a typo, sorry. Anyway, you seem to be in Cruise Mode now! Be good to see you & Ben get it Heads-Up. Good Luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    managed to grab second in a grueling HU match once in a 50 50 with my top pair vs his pair + flush draw lost. then got it all in my my 99 pre vs q9 which i also lost.  l exited on A5 vs 66 all in pre.

shame no win but second is the best i hear?
  • edited February 2010
    Top 10 in the tikay Sleepie with 16 left.......The TP-ers are KILLING IT! TP_Nutter 27257.50 TP_Keysa 18877.82 MADPATDOTC 17642.50 goodylad21 16845 tikay1 10955 RyanRio115 9917.50 FIELDY1978 9895 DrDolittle 8935 jimbo31 8145 oneil10 8015
    Posted by Tikay10
    TEAM Tuckman all the Way!!!!!!

Oh boy, Saturday is going to be tough?!?

• edited February 2010

Hello Poker players

As i said in my post earlier today i was going to concentrate on my MTT results as they were poor at best.

That i did, managed to bag second in Tikays tournament (fealt a little hard done by) as got it in good a couple of time HU and lost both.

so very pleased in all. its 11:20 and im still in one last tournament the £1500 bounty hunter. i am currently 9th out of 18 players remaining. so fingers crossed