You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    BIG congrats to Naomi and James - both fully deserved as very hard players to go against. Well done also to Sparce for a phenomenal br over the 3 days. Can't complain about any of the choices.

Word for the unlucky 3 - u could do no more!!!

Heads held high though as u were final 18 which is a tremendous feat and proves how good u really are.
  • edited February 2010
    i hope they dont ruin the tension next time by only showing video clips of ppl who have got thru........even b4 theyve been picked lolol.

wd all,

sparce, stick a nail in ur wall and hang ur f**c**nn bike up f.f.s.... lol.

• edited February 2010
    So elated to be through! Really gutted for charles, brown, and Boyle, well played and commiserations:( really well done to James and Sparce also, what a pair to be up against next round lol, dont think im gonna be a pushover though he he:)
    Thanks too everyone for all the well wishes and support so far much appreciated..Here goes round 2!
  • edited February 2010
    Hey Guys

Just got in! Well done to James, Naomi and Sparce. It has been great taking part in this competition! I wish all the other players involved the best of luck! May the best man (or lady :P) win. Gooooood luckkk.

Lewis

• edited February 2010
    Question??????

Did TK say young lady? Who was that then??

Seriously well done to everyone tonight Winners and losers, well played all.
    GB
  • edited February 2010
    well done sharky sparce and james. ul to the other 3 players. you did fantastic to get there.  gl all. anjie x
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Question?????? Did TK say young lady? Who was that then?? Seriously well done to everyone tonight Winners and losers, well played all. GB
    Posted by GliterBabe
    Fell off ma chair with laughter! lol, Tis ok, revenge is sweet hehe. The next mastermind wind up is in motion:)
  • edited February 2010
    well done to the 3 players that went through,

gl in stage 2,

ul to those that never,

vul charles ,

but matt had a tough choice to make,

rover and out !
  • edited February 2010
    Well done all, the AQ push by james was very very good, calling is like an easy option, but that was nice. wd.
  • edited February 2010
    sparce, stick a nail in ur wall and hang ur f**c**nn bike up f.f.s.... lol.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Apparently my wall was too bland, so he decided to put my bike in as a little feature!  Got a flat tyre atm i really need to change.

Just like to send my commiserations out to charles, boyle and brown.  All played great and i am sure they will continue to rip apart sky poker.

As for James and Naomi very well done.  By the sounds of things u r as elated as myself!  Feel completely 0wned for the next round.  Hope we dont have to go against each other  in the next round, the other groups would be a lot easier to beat!! ;p  Wonder what excitement they have in store for us??!!

XXXX
  • edited February 2010
    Where can you watch Saturdays show? I noticed they stopped putting the show on youtube after Episode 5
  • edited February 2010
    UL to the three that didn't make It. Awesome players all. Congrats to the three that did. Hey Sparce, good looking as well  as talented eh :)
  • edited February 2010
    Getting excited now!!!

Booted this account up to make sure it works.

Did a bit of homework this afternoon and played a bounty hunter mtt in preparation for tomorrow.

Came 5th out of 70 so feeling good and a little more prepared :)
  • edited February 2010
    Totally chuffed to get through after having a bad last day on my TP account! I feel really gutted for Charles, Lewis and Ciaran. Its such a shame we can't all get through and you 3 are all excellent players with great potential. Your game will only go from strength to strength and I wish all 3 of you the best.

Congratulations to Naomi and David well done both. Can't believe you were worried about your interview Naomi, you were brilliant in it! 
  • edited February 2010
    Getting excited now!!! Booted this account up to make sure it works. Did a bit of homework this afternoon and played a bounty hunter mtt in preparation for tomorrow. Came 5th out of 70 so feeling good and a little more prepared :)
    Posted by TP_Phil12
    here we go Phil! take it down and get through! I will be railing when I can over the next 3 nights. Let's get a great start and a great bank roll built, so there will be no way they can say NO to the 'teacher' ;)

Dave
  • edited February 2010
    Hi all, Just thought id let ppl know wpt magazine has an artical on total player in this months mag with a promise to keep ppl updated on total player in the next few issues!

suzi007
  • edited February 2010

Team Tuck's turn today, to face up to the challenge of Total Player.
    Given the efforts, and results, of the last two groups, we have a lot to live up to.

Met Ben (Nutter) yesterday, at DTD, as well as DanTB - both top lads, and good to find that there are other people in my age range in this competition. ;o).
    We all played the afternoon comp there, after spending a couple of hours looking rather awkward infront of a camera, and humouring Tikay with his suggestions for answers to use in the interviews. (.....Chameleon?? Hmmm...)
    Well I say played the comp, Dan made his first stack of chips last all of 20 minutes.
    Unfortunately, it wasn't a rebuy, so he was quickly despatched to the bar........

Best news of the day was Tikay grinding through a field of 180+, to finish in 19th place............... with only 18 getting paid. (Childish smirk..).

Very best of luck for tonight to Ben, Phil, Keysa, Dohhhh and Dylan.............hope we have a fun, competitive 3 days.

• edited February 2010
    Hi guys

Well I can't pretend that was easy or fun, but I have my three!

Serious comiserations to Bdog, Boyle and Flash - I can't pretend it was easy to get down to 3 from 6. I think I was pretty honest in the early shows when I said that for me it was never going to be about who made the most money or who won the most tourneys, etc. James posted a loss and still went through - so I hope it's clear that my decisions were made on the poker i saw being played, not just the final tally.

I've not had many complaints, which is nice because I feel confident I picked the right guys, and I thank all of you who sent me messages reinforcing this. To be clear, I didn't pick James because of his GUKPT result; I didn't pick Naomi because she won one MTT; and I certainly didn't pick Sparce just because he made the most money!

As you've probably heard us all allude to, we are being fed a ton of data on hands and players' stats, as well as the various HH and analysis we are going through with the players themselves. When I watched Ed's show I noticed they didn't focus on the final BR much which pleased me as I could ignore the final tally and focus on the play. Charles, James and Naomi played some cracking poker early on and got beaten up by the deck. However, it gave me the chance to see how they reacted in this situation - as important to becoming the 'Total Player' as winning big pots.

Serious props to Flash, BDog and Boyle - I can't pretend you didn't impress the hell out of me - some of the hands we showed on the Saturday show were pure class. Thanks for putting so much into the challenge - I hope you still got something out of it even though you go no further in the competition this time.

Cheers guys - congratulations to Naomi, David and James - next you get to FIGHT EACH OTHER! More on that soon ^__^

Good luck Team Tuck, and good luck to Tuchman. I hope his job is easier than mine was!

Matt

• edited February 2010
    Hi guys Well I can't pretend that was easy or fun, but I have my three! Serious comiserations to Bdog, Boyle and Flash - I can't pretend it was easy to get down to 3 from 6. I think I was pretty honest in the early shows when I said that for me it was never going to be about who made the most money or who won the most tourneys, etc. James posted a loss and still went through - so I hope it's clear that my decisions were made on the poker i saw being played, not just the final tally. I've not had many complaints, which is nice because I feel confident I picked the right guys, and I thank all of you who sent me messages reinforcing this. To be clear, I didn't pick James because of his GUKPT result; I didn't pick Naomi because she won one MTT; and I certainly didn't pick Sparce just because he made the most money! As you've probably heard us all allude to, we are being fed a ton of data on hands and players' stats, as well as the various HH and analysis we are going through with the players themselves. When I watched Ed's show I noticed they didn't focus on the final BR much which pleased me as I could ignore the final tally and focus on the play. Charles, James and Naomi played some cracking poker early on and got beaten up by the deck. However, it gave me the chance to see how they reacted in this situation - as important to becoming the 'Total Player' as winning big pots. Serious props to Flash, BDog and Boyle - I can't pretend you didn't impress the hell out of me - some of the hands we showed on the Saturday show were pure class. Thanks for putting so much into the challenge - I hope you still got something out of it even though you go no further in the competition this time. Cheers guys - congratulations to Naomi, David and James - next you get to FIGHT EACH OTHER! More on that soon ^__^ Good luck Team Tuck, and good luck to Tuchman. I hope his job is easier than mine was! Matt
    Posted by MBroughton

now it getting very exciting ,

gl tonight all,

especially my good m8y doh.
  • edited February 2010
    UL to the three that didn't make It. Awesome players all. Congrats to the three that did. Hey Sparce, good looking as well  as talented eh :)
    Posted by TiaDalma
    *Blush* thanks :)  But I must admit I am no James, tan in the winter eh :)

Exciting times ahead indeed! I wonder what they have install for us next!  I think a Battle Royale would be great (the original chinese version).

Good luck to those playing tonight, i am looking forward to watching, especially Nutter! gl all!

XXX

ps. u guys go to dtd often? i have a little craving for some live action at some point in the near future (though i am busy for the next few weekends)
  • edited February 2010
    just seen also see doh and phil are playing tonight, look forward to watching u two- the massive posting heroes!  Do sky pay  you two commission for content or something???

XXX
  • edited February 2010
    where can i find the interviews of the TP players?
  • edited February 2010
    just seen also see doh and phil are playing tonight, look forward to watching u two- the massive posting heroes!  Do sky pay  you two commission for content or something??? XXX
    Posted by Sparce
    Haha I wish! - Could make a fortune! 

Looking forward to tonight, loads of nervous excitement, few beers before hand to settle the nerves then ready to gooooooo. Took it easy on the low cash tables this morning, playing a mate, and I got smashed to bits! Great idea that was! haha. Hoefully thats all the coolers and suck outs out of the way!!

Bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn;)

- Also just wanna say cheerz to everyone whos wished me luck - pm's on the forum, and even live on the primo last night! haha Just gonna enjoy it hopefully all goes well!

Good luck to my team-mates, no doubt we'll be meeting tonight at some point!

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    ok -  guys tonight is the night.....

this is how it will work:  We start at  7 pm....use the first 30 minutes as warm-up, but let me know where you're playing - PM me or MSN instant messager

then we'll do this in 30 minute blocks - you play, I watch - we talk via instant msn messager....

First block is @ 7:30, next at 8:00 and so forth and so on...When I'm watching you, I want you to immediately IM me what your hand is before the action so I can out myself in your spot and see how you play a particular hand. Take notes throughout - any interesting hands you want to talk about, discuss, debate, or show-off. After each session - post your diary, but also make sure to send it directly to me either my PM or my email account.

Thanks and let's get it on...

Send me an email and let me know where you are playing - I'll be sure to find you. I'll decide who gets what time slots.

Ready?

Let's show them how Team Tuck does it!!!!

• edited February 2010
    ok -  guys tonight is the night..... this is how it will work:  We start at  7 pm....use the first 30 minutes as warm-up, but let me know where you're playing - PM me or MSN instant messager then we'll do this in 30 minute blocks - you play, I watch - we talk via instant msn messager.... First block is @ 7:30, next at 8:00 and so forth and so on...When I'm watching you, I want you to immediately IM me what your hand is before the action so I can out myself in your spot and see how you play a particular hand. Take notes throughout - any interesting hands you want to talk about, discuss, debate, or show-off. After each session - post your diary, but also make sure to send it directly to me either my PM or my email account. Thanks and let's get it on... Send me an email and let me know where you are playing - I'll be sure to find you. I'll decide who gets what time slots. Ready? Let's show them how Team Tuck does it!!!!
    Posted by DAVID_T

OOOOOO fighting talk - the game is ON!

I'm so looking forward to tonight ;-)
  • edited February 2010
    where can i find the interviews of the TP players?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Hi Big Man,

You might find it
    HERE

I think......
  • edited February 2010

A quick recap of "where we are" - I've been known to forget, though I've yet to forget my car.

As of now. confirmed as through to the next Phase are....

Team Ed

Dantb10

GliterBabe

yipeeyappee

Team Matt

lJAMESl

Sharksbite

Sparce

So, for them, a week's "rest", & they can relax and watch Team Tuck go through their routine this week.

As to Team Tuck.......
  • edited February 2010

....well, Team Tuck enter stage left tonight, & are represented by.....

Dohhhhhhh

Dylan12

Jakally

Keysasozes

Nutter5932

Phil12UK

Come Saturday night, that List of 6 will be reduced to three. Gulp.

We wish them all fair weather-sailing, with the wind behind.

The Rail will be packed tonight, & I'm sure we'll see some twists & turns over the three nights.  Let's hope they all run good.

Just a reminder of the things they need to tick off their list. They can do more, but this is the MINIMUM requirement.

On the nights of tonight, tomorrow, & Wednesday......

Play the 8pm Main Event. (At no cost to their Bankroll).

Play a minimum of 10 SNG's at £11 or above.

Play a minimum of 3 hours cash at 25p-50p or above.

The countdown clock is ticking.......
  • edited February 2010

If you are searching for these guys tonight, just go to the "FIND A PLAYER" Tab (top of page), & type in "TP_

A dropdown Menu will then show all the TP-ers, & you can click them as appropriate.
  • edited February 2010
    Just want to say best of luck tonight TPers! Hope all goes well for you all, think your going to need it with Colonel Tuckman taking charge he he:) seriously all the best, look forward to railing you!