You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    />pmcgrath10 raised for £3. >TP_ljamesl called for £3. >classasa folded >JammyBee called for £2.50. >KJKP raised for £4. >pmcgrath10 called for £2. >TP_ljamesl called for £2. >JammyBee called for £2. >Dealing the flop (4h,Qc,Qs). >JammyBee checked. >KJKP checked. >pmcgrath10 bet £17. >TP_ljamesl called for £17. >JammyBee folded >KJKP called for £17. >Dealing the turn (8d). >KJKP has gone all in for £43.10. >pmcgrath10 called for £43.10. >TP_ljamesl has gone all in for £31.75. >KJKP showed Ks,Kc classasa> folded q8 >pmcgrath10 showed 9d,9h >TP_ljamesl showed Qd,Ah >Dealing the river (Kh). >KJKP has won the hand (£187.40) with Full House, Kings and Queens (Ks,Kc,Qc,Qs,Kh) >The hand has finished. Get the whale where I want again and this happens! Just LOL
    Posted by TP_ljamesl
    Oh Dear - stonker, that!
  • edited February 2010
    I know how your feeling mate... SICK!
  • edited February 2010
    Day 3
    I felt quite tired this evening so decided to only 2 table for majority of the night. Cash started not great losing a couple of races, then found a villian in my room(100nl) who was to say the least a loose cannon, he had 3 bet myself and others out of position with total junk nearly every hand then pot bet every street with either a weak or no hand at all...I get AJ suited and raised pre, once again in the small blind he made it 16 having position I call, flop comes down J 35 (2 x s) bingo! he bets pot and I rr to 52 leaving 60 behind he puts me in and I snap call! Of course he has QQ! Horror strikes, So I get it in behind only to find before I blink the turn comes a 2 and the river a 4, giving me the straight! for a £292.00 pot So harsh! So I cant really take credit for my profit in cash this evening but after the hideous night of beats on monday..we all get lucky from time to time. So that was cash and Karma!
    Nothing really to report on sngs this evening I played 2 with no cashes.
    The 8pm Double Stack I played well and made it past the 1st break With a good stack, I have TJ on the button make it 3 times the BB and the BB calls, flop comes down TJQ villian bets out half the pot, im 99% sure im ahead at the mo, and rr shove,which was around a pot size bet he deliberates for ages then calls with Q5o I knew it was coming and so it did on the river ! The lovely looking 5 of clubs for a 15k pot..GG me.
    So made a total profit of £90 this evening, leaving my final BR at £884.22.
    Its been fantastic being part of this, and wish everyone the best of luck on saturday, I have had the pleasure of watching the other TPs tonight and although James especially has had an awful night of horrific beats, everyone I have seen has such a strong game, and really wish you all the best.
    Thanks for the Brilliant support this week from everyone, including Matt, and am looking forward to railing Team Tuckman on monday.
    Goodnight all
    Naomi

• edited February 2010
    PART 3.

started off at 7 and regged for abotu 8 mtts in the lobby totalling about £50, im not going to go into specific details but cashed for £3 in one bounty (got no heads) and didnt even get any heads in the other b/h that i busted out off. I was in a good position in Tk'' sleepstack tourney but bubbled, another day i could of scooped it. I havent really shown that any performance in mtts and only playing about 13 in total over the past few days its mroe than possible to ran bad on them....im still pretty happy with alot of my plays but some definate some bad plays also lol donkaments anyway. Still have a lot to show in mtts

4/4 tonight for HU sit n goes, 1/2 for dym.

Cash was good up a bi in about the 40 mins a played making the loss for the horrific mtts, played good and ran fairly well over the past few days when i consider how bad james ran.

Anyway not more that i can do now, im happy about how i played and well just have to hope i have done enough to get me through. Its great been fun anyhow and gl to everyone. This is the final standings:

FINAL BR: 739

gg
  • edited February 2010
    Final Day...

I started playing cash at 50NL through until then end and ran quite bad again. AKs flop top two vs 7 high flush draw...you know the rest. I finished my tournament requirements playing DYM's and cashed in the majority of them however had a few bad beats in these too (e.g the one penguin posted). 

Throughout the whole session, and for the past three days for that matter, it just seemed like I couldn't get into a rhythm on the cash tables. It just felt like I couldn't take control of any of the tables and control the action. Maybe I was running bad or maybe I was playing bad or maybe both; but we would need a much larger sample to establish that :).  

I would just like to testify that James has run very bad tonight but he has played very well, he masterfully put himself in positions to win big pots but just got cruelly unlucky. Over a larger sample I would have no problem in saying James would demolish those 50NL games (me too, i think lol). He is truly one of the best and handled himself like the consummate professional in the face of adversity, he didn't let variance affect his play at all - he just soldiered on! He thoroughly deserves to go through.

Also, I would like to say it has been a pleasure and a privilege taking part in this challenge and I have huge respect for all those taking part and for the mentors and Tikay too :). I wish everybody the best of luck on Saturday - In my eyes you are all worthy winners :)  

At the end of the process my total bankroll stood at 514.77 ( a profit is a profit! :D)

All the very best

Browndog

• edited February 2010

I'd like to congratulate FLASHFLUSH, on a good night of poker. Id like to congratulate all the other TP players, after what I can only imagine was a very tough night of poker.

I would especially like to draw attention to James, who, having watching him plenty of times, is in my opinion the best poker player on sky poker. It must be very hard for him dropping down so many levels, and having to adapt to a completely different style of play. This guy is as close to a total player as anyone in the competition.

We had a minor disagreement towards the end of the night tonight, I guess we're 2 passionate players. It's gonna happen. I wish u well James, n what was said, is forgotton.

GL saturday, DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Ohhhh Guys! Hugely disappointing night - nothing went right! All the right moves at the wrong times if the pots would of the been in my favour its safe to say I would of been well over £800+ but not to be, beats were endless and insane but I'm not here to make excuses.

Played 2 sit n goes won one lost one.

Mtts no good tonight not a 3rd consecutive cash unfortunately, went deep n the £850 BH but failed to cash finishing in 24th.

Probably my most frustrating night of poker in my life. Its like sitting back and watching a disaster happen in front of you when you can't do anything to prevent it. I am hugely disappointed.. would I of played any differently?
    Honestly... Maybe one or two hands but the answer would be NO! I can't criticise my game this time. I know over the long term I would crush the £50nl games but in the short term I haven't delivered on this occasion. 

Totally gutted tbh, have played good poker through out the 3 days and 12 hours play but just haven't got the winnings to show for it.

Br - £247 :-(

Well played to everyone in my group. What a fantastic bunch of people the support for eachother was amazing throughout. Some quality guys and gals in this one. Everyone in this group deserves to go through I couldn't pick the 3 if it was down to me. Best of luck guys

• edited February 2010

Well 5 Reports are in, that just leaves Flashy, who is running deep in a late Bounty Hunter as I type. He's had a good night, whatever happens, & will be a bit more settled in his mind now.

Unlucky James, looks like you had a brutal evening!
  • edited February 2010
    That's a great post James, at a time when you probs don't feel like posting at all.

GL to you, and to each of the other 5 this week.
  • edited February 2010
    No hard feelings at all Dohhhh, these things happen all the best for next week!
  • edited February 2010
    That's a great post James, at a time when you probs don't feel like posting at all. GL to you, and to each of the other 5 this week.
    Posted by jakally
    +1
  • edited February 2010
    Currently in the 2nd break, im 3rd from 9... rying to "Do a sharky" as everyone keeps saying... This was the same tournament she won last night, and would be great if I can follow.
  • edited February 2010
    Currently in the 2nd break, im 3rd from 9... rying to "Do a sharky" as everyone keeps saying... This was the same tournament she won last night, and would be great if I can follow.
    Posted by TP_FlashF
    You have a MONSTER Rail!
  • edited February 2010

Well, Flashy is down to the last 7 in the "Last Chance Saloon", he's nice & "chipper" & up, & now Matt Broughton has arrived, so my stint as sponge man is complete.

So from me, over & out, as Roborover might say.

It's been an honour - what a great TEAM spirit Matt has welded here.
  • edited February 2010
    Looks like a few successful players tonight and one very unlucky one.

Good luck all for Saturday I shall be watching very intrigued indeed.
  • edited February 2010
    wow some awesome results being posted.... congrats and well played!!  Sparce yr a machine!  You too Naomi!
    UL James...... we know 50nl is very crushable here, even for me,  but in just 3 days anything can happen.  I feel your pain. 
  • edited February 2010
    Well, Flashy is down to the last 7 in the "Last Chance Saloon", he's nice & "chipper" & up, & now Matt Broughton has arrived, so my stint as sponge man is complete. So from me, over & out, as Roborover might say. It's been an honour - what a great TEAM spirit Matt has welded here.
    Posted by Tikay10
    My thanks again Tikay - hope you enjoyed the evening - decent gang ain't they!

So, I came to the party late tonight, but was happy to see Naomi had another solid night after the horror of Monday, ending with BR = £884.22
    Boyle also quietly ground his was up to an entirely decent final BR of £739
    Bdog will no doubt be unhappy with his final tally of £514.77 but profit is profit!
    Sparce truly made the most of the opportunity to get some money from Sky in his personal account, ending the challenge on £1,254.40!
    James took a hideous beating - proving why varience HATES a 12 hour challenge! - and ended up having played some great hands but sadly ending on £247 (our only -£ in the team - Sorry fella!)
    Charles had a great comeback session, and I was proud to find myself railing a FT of a big MTT with one of my team HU once again. Sadly Charles couldn't quite grab the first, but his impressive 2nd place saw his final BR hit £601.23

Congratulations to all players. An interesting excercise I think you'll agree. Don't panic if you didn't do as well as you thought you would, and don't get too comfy just because you made some money. MUCH data remains to be analysed before Saturday, and I am HATING every minute of it! :) Why didn't I pick a weaker team!!!!

Enjoy your filming, and relax before the big announcement on Saturday. Oh, and don't forget to get any hands you think are sexy and worth revisiting in to the email address by noon Thursday (today!)

Well done all

Be seeing you.

M

• edited February 2010
    Day 3 Summary.

1000% times better for me tonight!! I started off with my final 2 sit n go's thta needed to be completed before the end of the day. I did 2x £22 DYMs and won both, so straight away im £36 in profit. I then sat on 2 25p/50p tables, I staretd off a bit lairy raising and reraising abit to get an image, before tightening right up and getting paid by a few people. I ended those £20 up and £16 up so another £36 profit on cash. I then decided as that put me in profit overall on both STTs and Cash that I would try make a good cash in some MTTs and finish in profit on that also. The MTTs to start with didnt go to plan, fair play to my opponents they really put pressure on, every raise was met with a re-raise and was very hard to win pots. In the end I was left with only 1 tournament, the £850 BH that I was aware Sharky won last night. This really spurred me on and I started to get a big rail... and i mean a BIG rail.

Its a long list of people so i'll just say thank you to everyone, great to have such supoport I think at one stage I counted at least 10 people railing me. Anyway I won some crucial 60/40's which held up at the right times. I got to the final table mid stacked, where shall we say it was a bit aggro at he quietets of times, my shoves were called by K,2 and J8 I think.. Crazy... anway managed to get to HU which lasted a monsterous 1 hand. The aggro player shoved i had a 3:1 chip defisit at this poitn and had A5suited this was enough in my opinion to get back into it, I call and he shows 22, golden boy then flops 3,3,2  GG Flash close but no cigar... It was a nice £100 prize though and very pleasing.

Final Overall summary

Cash  +£11.20
    STT    + £7.50
    MTT   + £81.53

Finished bankroll £601.23
    Im delighted to not only finish in profit after my well documented (mainly by myself) bad first 2 days where no matter what I did I couldn't buy chips. But to finish in profit in all 3 types of poker. Not sure how many other TPers can say that ;-)

Its been a great experience playing/ railing and bantering with the other TPers and Matt and I hope im around for the next phase of Total Player.

Flash
  • edited February 2010

Awesome!

Who'd be Matt Broughton on Saturday?
  • edited February 2010
    wd flashgordon last night and all,

a impossible task ahead for matt,

a very strong team he has picked,

good luck all on Saturday,

especially matt lol !

rover and out !
  • edited February 2010

I think some credit to James, at least he destroyed the bankroll with style, didn't just finish on £490 or something like that, :)

• edited February 2010
    1 Hour and 20 mins untilHH deadline....
  • edited February 2010
    Well done guys, some very impressive results from the three days, and not just in the monetary sense!

Some awesome poker was played from what i saw, and good look to everyone for saturday night!

Oh and make sure you set the sky+ to record it unlike me, who had to wait till the repeat to see it, as i was on the phone on hold while it was on!

GL again, quality players
  • edited February 2010
    Is anybody playing dublin this weekend?
  • edited February 2010
    I like to post a day after the night before thoughts so here goes on last night and my 3 days as a whole.

Very pleased with my results last night, too turn -£50 into +£100 is very pleasing. I dont think I played much different in day 3 to what I did in days 1 and 2 TBH. It just shows what an evil thing varience is. I did add a few moves into my play which I had been discussing with Matt, so was very pleasing to see that work and add new moves into my arsenal.

I want to thank everyone who has sent me PM's both today and all the way through since my initial pick. Its great to know I have so many people backing me in this!

Nothing more I can do now, just have to wait and see if Matt wants me in his top 3. I know there are VERY tough opponents to get past. Fingers crossed iv done enough
  • edited February 2010
    I like to post a day after the night before thoughts so here goes on last night and my 3 days as a whole. Very pleased with my results last night, too turn -£50 into +£100 is very pleasing. I dont think I played much different in day 3 to what I did in days 1 and 2 TBH. It just shows what an evil thing varience is. I did add a few moves into my play which I had been discussing with Matt, so was very pleasing to see that work and add new moves into my arsenal. I want to thank everyone who has sent me PM's both today and all the way through since my initial pick. Its great to know I have so many people backing me in this! Nothing more I can do now, just have to wait and see if Matt wants me in his top 3. I know there are VERY tough opponents to get past. Fingers crossed iv done enough
    Posted by FlashFlush
    you have progressed a long way from 3 years ago ,

when we used battle it out on the £3 slowboat mtt,

welldone m8y gl

and all !

rover and out !
  • edited February 2010
    I like to post a day after the night before thoughts so here goes on last night and my 3 days as a whole. Very pleased with my results last night, too turn -£50 into +£100 is very pleasing. I dont think I played much different in day 3 to what I did in days 1 and 2 TBH. It just shows what an evil thing varience is. I did add a few moves into my play which I had been discussing with Matt, so was very pleasing to see that work and add new moves into my arsenal. I want to thank everyone who has sent me PM's both today and all the way through since my initial pick. Its great to know I have so many people backing me in this! Nothing more I can do now, just have to wait and see if Matt wants me in his top 3. I know there are VERY tough opponents to get past. Fingers crossed iv done enough
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well done mate, said you could do it... now lets hope sat night brings good news :) Chat on FB soon
  • edited February 2010
    good luck all tonight
  • edited February 2010
    Good luck tonight to my buddies............ fingers crossed for u.
  • edited February 2010
    Just want the TP players and Matt to know i wish you all the best of luck tonight the guys in the mix its going to be hard enough but for Matt, i really wouldn't want your job tonight but you knew what was involved so you only have yourself to blame lol. Best of luck all involved